AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-06, 14:50   Link #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Uh, that aspect is not fresh at all. Many Gundam MCs (& Shinji Ikari) have been doing that for years, decades even. It's started from the young Amuro Ray who complained about all the crap that he had to put up with as a Gundam pilot since 1979. And then MCs like Shinji, Kira, Haruto, Bellri, Banagher, Flit, Kio, etc continued that tradition all the way to 2010s and now Rui is one of them too, no exception .
So does Rui need to get slapped by Bright when he starts to whine?
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 15:19   Link #742
ReddyRedWolf

Oh shit Rui is like early UC Gundam protag tired of being ordered to get in the robot. His creator is instinctively savvy that weird shit will destroy his home unless he gets the TV outside. Feeds his creation and luckily contacts somebody who understands.

The Japanese government is at Shin Godzilla level crisis mode. They were mulling over sending feelers but then the giant robot appeared and that made them panic sending the JSDF.

Goes to show Meteora is the brains and leader of the group deescalating the situation and getting the government's cooperation after explaining her hypothesis. But as JSDF official said it is difficult to cover things up especially this age of camera phones and livestream internet.

I found it funny Meteora asking to be let off stealing the weapons JSDF stockpile almost going teh-he! but is contrite after the government rep listed off the cost and damages.

Selesia is insulted Rui doesn't find her attractive as he goes for younger girls... Probably pink haired.

For the girls every night is a girls night out. Which leaves the boys to themselves minus Yuya. Rui's creator said they go to Matsubara's as his home is wrecked.

All the while Sota is racking his brains where he saw MUP before... She turns out to a web novel creation of his friend that committed suicide. Meteora made it a priority to secure MUP's creator problem is much like her creator she is deceased.

On another note the Japanese government giving residency to fictional characters isn't weird as they made Atom aka Astroboy a citizen.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2017-05-06 at 15:50.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 15:52   Link #743
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It would be more realistic if the government assigned agents to spy every move made by them just in case. I mean, it's indeed weird how easilly they trust these super powerfull beings that came out of nowhere and are able to fight a small army by their own
Noone said they wouldn't keep tabs on the down low. The government's side should be to eliminate the threat with the least damage to their side. Teaming with one side for now does that.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 15:59   Link #744
Random14

Its refreshing to see a competent government response (compared to say Aldnoah Zero). I don't blame them for being spooked by the giant robot, though taking on said giant robot with just conventional weapons was probably a bad idea. Good thing the pilot is still light-hearted, though he could probably benefit from a Bright slap. In the opening he looks happy, but I was afraid we might end up with someone like Amuro or Kamille (or worse Shinji, well, Shinji on his own is ok, its Gendou that ruins everything).

More exposition, but its also nice to see events that were only referenced earlier, like Yuya's clash with the old man. Ah, so that's why Meteora had rocket launchers, I thought it was just a random video game ability originally. At least the government has caught on to how important the Creators are by now (reminds me a bit of Outbreak Company, with government officials throwing around all these anime terms).

I hope Sota shares his discovery with the rest immediately, considering his own personal involvement. Both sides are still testing how malleable the Created are, but a dead Creator changes things a lot (well, Meteora's game still has a publisher compared to a Nicovideo thing). The kind of pro-Creator group has been established, they'll probably clash with the other side soon.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 16:14   Link #745
drawr

I actually like this a lot more than the last two episodes, though the discussions got a bit repetitive later on after already sitting through them discussing their arrival and situation before. I'm glad the whole team is almost assembled, only Yuuya is missing. Rui had some hilarious scenes and I look forward to more. Selesia is still an enjoyable heroine. Souta is...present.
I am disappointed that what Meteora proposed last episode is actually "legit". I figured they would interact with Himegimi once more in order to verify that theory but apparently it is true now. Also they rely way too much on Meteora. If anything happened to her everyone would be screwed.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 16:35   Link #746
Spica

^Wasn't the whole thing more of a contingency plan? They can't really wait for the cracks to form after all.

Anyway I would be more inclined to trust a sage with a magical book. That magical book is a cheat item though as expected of an endgame NPC.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 16:39   Link #747
magnuskn

Good episode, the government for once is not incompetent and unnecessarily belligerent. We got a bit of action and more will probably come very soon.

I must say, I find Meteora quite cute and attractive.

Soooo... over/under of Sota getting kidnapped by Himegimi at the start of next episode, before he can tell everybody her identity? I'd say about 80% likely.
Old 2017-05-06, 17:10   Link #748
bakato

Quote:
Uh, that aspect is not fresh at all. Many Gundam MCs (followed by Evangelion MC & others) have been doing that for years, decades even. It's started from the young Amuro Ray who complained about all the crap that he had to put up with as a Gundam pilot since 1979. And then MCs like Shinji, Ayato, Akito, Kira, Haruto, Bellri, Banagher, Flit, Kio, etc continued that tradition all the way to 2010s and now Rui is one of them too, no exception .
Those guys whined because of moral gray areas of war or killing people or being pussies. I'm assuming Rui is fighting legitimate bad guys who may not be human and he's just flat out sick of doing it because he's missing out on social life.
Old 2017-05-06, 17:22   Link #749
HtwoN

Great episode.

I really like that instead of blowing each other's face off, they sit down and talk. For once, the government isn't full of incompetent bastards.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 17:41   Link #750
RobotCat
In a Box

Even the old man flies. I can't really think of any modern anime other than magical girl shows where the characters can just straight up fly.
Old 2017-05-06, 17:50   Link #751
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ayup ... Meteora is still my fave character of this one thus far, even wth her lengthy expostulation at times. ^^

I also liked that the gvmt tried to sit down and discuss things and also the reveal at the end of the ep - nice to see it happening as "early" as this.

Still waiting for shark teeth, braid girl to show up....
Old 2017-05-06, 19:36   Link #752
xSauriaNx
The Tribe King's Ride

THIS EPISODE IS ON A CLIFFHANGER!!! xD
Meteora clearly leveling-up her gap-moe prowess in this episode... xD
Now please government, no backstabbing please... T_T

Spoiler for theory perhaps:

Every step I make signals the arrival of my KING!
xSauriaNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 20:17   Link #753
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Those guys whined because of moral gray areas of war or killing people or being pussies. I'm assuming Rui is fighting legitimate bad guys who may not be human and he's just flat out sick of doing it because he's missing out on social life.
I think social life is only one aspect (out of many) of Rui's complaints. Just like Amuro & characters of his ilk, there are many layered aspects that made them complained and in some cases even temporarily quit being a pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 998185 View Post
So does Rui need to get slapped by Bright when he starts to whine?
Selesia will have to do .
Old 2017-05-06, 20:46   Link #754
tuckersister

Meteora and Sota are the key players of their group. I really hope Sota manifest some ability due to the distortions. Maybe able to manifest his imagination into reality. We do need something that the enemy didn't foreseen coming. Imagine being able to manifest things from manga, light novels and anime in physically.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 21:04   Link #755
bakato

Quote:
I think social life is only one aspect (out of many) of Rui's complaints. Just like Amuro & characters of his ilk, there are many layered aspects that made them complained and in some cases even temporarily quit being a pilot.
His tantrum struck me as comedic in nature and not at all rooted in some moral dilemma, but if it is it could be potential for some character development.
Old 2017-05-06, 21:17   Link #756
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was earlier than expected the army comes busting in and getting there butts kicked That poor guy getting his house destroyed
Old 2017-05-06, 21:28   Link #757
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
His tantrum struck me as comedic in nature and not at all rooted in some moral dilemma, but if it is it could be potential for some character development.
yeah remember what is "co-creator" told about it on this episode which this was more because he feel could be fun but after see it on real life he learned what we already know on real life which that "exaggerated personality characters can be bad on real life, that is why many characters ar criticized a lot, because they have a really annoying personality like the tsunderes or perv or too childshi characters, while in "fantasy" they can feel it fun in reality that tratis are really bad.

that is what i liked more on the episode, showed which really that sort of peoples are not really fun( specially for me) and they can be really annoying specially with the overuse and over the top trait make then more "hateable" than likeable.

this episode also looked something like a answer to the peoples which where whining over meteora being the sole info source and have a lot of speak now basically she talked little and even goes to a point where everyone looked at her and she "hey why everyone is looking to me like i must talk", i feel that was they answer to the complains.

overal was really interesting this episode and we saw which be teleported not was just souta, but probably anyone which created or was part of the team creating the characters/worlds can have the samething happening they just be "watching" the anime in the right time when MUP is recruiting the character.

about her, now almost everything we gessed was almost confirmed, MUP is a character from the suicide girl and probably due to to much criticize over her last work the girl could not burder the "hate" and did a suicide but due to the ammount of views which don't matter was good o bad was enough to make MUP get alive we must know how it happened.

it's rare to have a actually useful government it's remember me the other anime with real life militar(forget the name but was the mc a soldier which a "loli" god of death a elf girl and a wizard which looked a little like that since in beginner was about creatures from a fantasy world invading real life world) anyway is good to see a good government which can be reasonable, if it was trump goverment he could just ask to kill all of them or turn them in labs rats and make everything disappear and act like everyone is a "non USA and must die or deported or destroyed like the crazy person he is lol.

i have a crazy theory about MUP.
Spoiler:

this can be a really big "meta" over the current age we are the "political correctnedd, trolls, haters and all the crap destroying all the freedom and peoples abilities to make great ideas which normally got shut down because of the "minorities" or haters/trolls and all bs.
Old 2017-05-06, 21:38   Link #758
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I wish the Japanese text on the computer screens in this series would get translated. It's not essential, but it would be convenient.
Someone on Reddit tried translating the computer screen text.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ssion/dh7rs8j/

The impression they got is that Gunpuku's an OC from the late Setsuna's original fanfiction, based on another original series.

Setsuna's last post is pretty chilling - "This is my new work, as I mentioned before, giving a star's name...This is probably the last one. Thank you for loving this character...Good bye."
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 22:11   Link #759
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Someone on Reddit tried translating the computer screen text.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ssion/dh7rs8j/

The impression they got is that Gunpuku's an OC from the late Setsuna's original fanfiction, based on another original series.

Setsuna's last post is pretty chilling - "This is my new work, as I mentioned before, giving a star's name...This is probably the last one. Thank you for loving this character...Good bye."
wow what a "suicide letter vibber" this clear could be her suicide note to the fans after all the stress she was bearing.
Old 2017-05-06, 22:43   Link #760
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A lot of my posts on Re:Creators have been critical, in recent weeks, but I have to admit that there's something about this show that's kinda addictive. As of this writing, Re:Creators is the only Spring 2017 anime show I'm fully caught up on. So what is it about Re:Creators that's causing it to maintain my interest more than any other Spring 2017 anime show?

Some of it is the very strong premise, but at this point, I think there's more to it than that. There are some key areas where I think the show is going in the right direction and making the right decisions.

Firstly, it's pretty strongly focused on its core story. Exposition is excessive at times, in my view, but at least exposition is in fact about the core story, and not about some detour or total tangent. By staying focused on the core story, it helps Re:Creators to have a good sense of week-to-week forward momentum. This ties into another good decision.

Secondly, Re:Creators has maintained a strong focus on the fictional characters within the show. This is very clear in Episode 5, where the male lead almost feels like he's just along for the ride, really. In this case, I mean that as a compliment. In my view, the main thing that makes this anime interesting is its very strong premise, and so it's a good call for the anime to focus on the characters that are most essential to that very strong premise - the fictional characters within the show itself. I don't doubt that the male lead may well have a crowning moment of awesome, or something like that, later on, and that would be perfectly fine. But for the short-to-medium term, the story's tight focus on the fictional characters is what it should be, in my opinion. And this second good decision ties into a third.

Thirdly, Re:Creators hasn't had much in the way of harem hijinks. By avoiding that, Re:Creators has maintained a good sense of seriousness about itself and its story. There are bits of comedy here and there, thankfully, but they never overwhelm the story. There's a certain sense of heart and integrity to the story and many of its characters, that manages to come through.

On the whole, Episode 5 is probably my favorite Re:Creators episode since Episode 1.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning