AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 02:03   Link #1
OPN

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Anime only Edition

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tober-and-game
Kinda expected this to happen but good none the less. I'll be watching since i liked the old 90's ovas.

[note]: This thread serve as the discussion thread for those who have NOT read Jojo's Bizarre adventure.
For this very reason, usual spoiler rules apply in this thread, unlike the Manga Reader Edition thread. As result, please use that thread if you wish to discuss further about the franchise with the manga material at hand.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-02-05 at 10:57.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:55   Link #2
Jetzero Infinity

Figured Shaman King would be the next JUMP franchise to get rebooted, but this is cool. Never seen Jojo before and was always kinda interested so this is a good chance to check it out. While it most likely is Toei doing it, I kinda hope not since it would almost never come stateside if it was them...not that I expect it to but still. Hopefully it'll at least get simulcast by someone.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:52   Link #3
Jetzero Infinity

Thinking on it now...maybe...Pierrot's doing it. That Rock Lee spinoff doesn't have a lot of source material to work with so I could see it being over by fall, and so that timeslot would be open. Are any of Toei's shows ending around fall? I know SS Omega is supposed to be 50 episodes so that slot couldn't be taken if Toei does this.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:58   Link #4
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Thinking on it now...maybe...Pierrot's doing it. That Rock Lee spinoff doesn't have a lot of source material to work with so I could see it being over by fall, and so that timeslot would be open. Are any of Toei's shows ending around fall? I know SS Omega is supposed to be 50 episodes so that slot couldn't be taken if Toei does this.
If pierrots doing jojo then all is lost. Its possible toriko is ending since their catching up to the manga really fast. SS omega has been rumored to be 26 episodes and then have another 26 episodes some time afterwards so if its true it can take SS's slot.
Old 2012-07-05, 08:03   Link #5
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
If pierrots doing jojo then all is lost. Its possible toriko is ending since their catching up to the manga really fast. SS omega has been rumored to be 26 episodes and then have another 26 episodes some time afterwards so if its true it can take SS's slot.
Ah. Well I guess we'll see how it goes. Since there's a lot of source material to work with I'm sure it'll fine no matter who does it.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:11   Link #6
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I was about to cave in & read the manga.

I'll wait for the anime now though. Can't wait to see it.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:20   Link #7
OPN

Looks like ultra jump has a update on the jojo anime http://mantan-web.jp/2012/07/19/2012...00062000c.html no idea what was said though.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:42   Link #8
Jetzero Infinity

^

It doesn't say much of anything just something about Phantom Blood(which we already knew was being covered going by the trailer) and the key visual for the anime. Nothing about the studio yet.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:55   Link #9
duckroll
綺羅星★!

You can see the first key visual from Ultra Jump here: https://twitter.com/kars_52/status/2...462723/photo/1

Art looks really weird.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:11   Link #10
Jetzero Infinity

I do agree the character designs look a bit odd, but they are consistent with the manga so I think they do the job more or less. In the end it will all really depend on the studio and staff.
Old 2012-07-19, 03:14   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/

Looks like Warner Japan is producing the TV anime. Very odd partners. Instead of listing an anime studio or any staff for now, they instead have a few members of the production committee listed:

- Warner Entertainment Japan: http://www.warnerbros.co.jp/
- Shueisha: http://www.shueisha.co.jp/
- Klockworx: http://www.klockworx.com/
- Medicos Entertainment: http://www.medicos-e.net/

I wonder if it could be Studio 4C, since they also worked with Warner on the Berserk movies...
Old 2012-07-19, 04:03   Link #12
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The art does looks weird, its not even similar to the animated design in that short teaser back then.

I'm not expecting they really use super detailed Araki drawing as chara design though, want to know my expectation is? the anime looks of Toriko.

*Btw, Sunrise got this please.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:07   Link #13
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No way it's Sunrise. If it were, Bandai Visual would be involved. Sorry!

Edit: Here's the hi-res clean version of the Jojo key visual: http://www.araki-jojo.com/276/

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-19, 05:38   Link #14
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Its does look like Toriko lol.

Has Studio 4C ever working such a long series before?
Old 2012-07-19, 05:39   Link #15
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope Studio 4°C will animate this, even though there's only a bunch of TV series being animated by this studio.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 06:05   Link #16
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Its does look like Toriko lol.

Has Studio 4C ever working such a long series before?
Well, we don't really know how long this series will be. :P
Old 2012-07-19, 07:17   Link #17
Jetzero Infinity

Warner Bros eh? Guess that does make it a bit harder to guess which studio it is. I know they were involved with Accel World as well but Bandai Visual still had some hand in it so Sunrise probably is ruled out.

Studio 4c working on this would be interesting, but considering that Shueisha would probably want it to run as long as possible they would be an odd choice considering they don't have experience with longer series.

Well we'll know soon enough I guess.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:30   Link #18
duckroll
綺羅星★!

"Experience" with longer series isn't really a big deal though. BONES never worked on a long series before Fullmetal Alchemist, Satelight and A-1 never worked on a long series before Fairy Tail. If a studio has never done a certain type of production (movie, long series, OVA, etc) it just means that they haven't secured a contract which requires them to make something like that yet. If they get the chance to, they probably won't turn it down because ultimately work is work.

Let's not forget that Studio 4C was also contracted for the new Thundercats series. We don't know if Cartoon Network is going to renew it yet, but clearly Studio 4C is prepared to keep working on it if it does get renewed. So they're certainly open to the idea of doing on-going TV shows if they get the chance.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:46   Link #19
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
"Experience" with longer series isn't really a big deal though. BONES never worked on a long series before Fullmetal Alchemist, Satelight and A-1 never worked on a long series before Fairy Tail. If a studio has never done a certain type of production (movie, long series, OVA, etc) it just means that they haven't secured a contract which requires them to make something like that yet. If they get the chance to, they probably won't turn it down because ultimately work is work.

Let's not forget that Studio 4C was also contracted for the new Thundercats series. We don't know if Cartoon Network is going to renew it yet, but clearly Studio 4C is prepared to keep working on it if it does get renewed. So they're certainly open to the idea of doing on-going TV shows if they get the chance.
I know I was just saying it seemed a bit odd to me. So long as it turns out well I'd be fine if it was them.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:47   Link #20
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I know I was just saying it seemed a bit odd to me. So long as it turns out well I'd be fine if it was them.
Yeah, I agree it would be an unusual choice. I wonder when they'll actually announce details for this. It's going to air in 3 months...

Tags
manly, shounen