AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-29, 18:58   Link #1021
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I thought you were talking about the island episode, sorry.

See my problem here: Kallen blushing at Lelouch = undeniable proof that she's in love with him. Kallen blushing at Suzaku = "surprised blushing moment". True, Kallen had way more development with Lelouch than Suzaku, but there was something at some point and ignoring it but using the other as a valid point doesn't work. True, Kallen is in love with Lelouch right now. But there's still the possibility, as unlikely as it may seem to you, that she won't end up with him in the end.

And I already said what I thought about the hate statement. You disagree, fine.
well i guess my problem is that too many people are poisoned by Gundam seed and Gundam seed destiny pairings. Some of the relationships in that anime was like "wait what?" Didn't you just kill her sister.
Although you have a point about can it happen? Sure it can!
but it would be bad story writing and not be built at all and go against all we know about both characters. Suzaku has shown 0 percent interest in Kallen. FOr that matter he has 0 interest in any female because he is still very much in love with euphemia.
While Kallen hates him at this point. I'm sure they will reconcile as friends. but as lovers i just don't see that. i need more evidence.
Old 2008-07-29, 19:00   Link #1022
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
See my problem here: Kallen blushing at Lelouch = undeniable proof that she's in love with him. Kallen blushing at Suzaku = "surprised blushing moment". True, Kallen had way more development with Lelouch than Suzaku, but there was something at some point and ignoring it but using the other as a valid point doesn't work. True, Kallen is in love with Lelouch right now. But there's still the possibility, as unlikely as it may seem to you, that she won't end up with him in the end.

And I already said what I thought about the hate statement. You disagree, fine.
I personally have never used blushing moments as undeniable proof of any romantic development because I do not view them as such it is the context in which they are used along with the scenes they are in that would make them proof or not. Nor did I use any blush moments to prove that Kallen was indeed inlove with Lelouch. You were the one that brought it up to justify Kallen and Suzaku.

As I have pointed out before, that the writers themselves are developing Kallen in the direction of her feelings and loyalty to Lelouch. That is where her character development has been going throughout R2 and it has yet to be resolved. If they intend to start developing her with Suzaku they would have done so already, this is not a romance anime and time for possible pairing is limited. They have been using such instances for Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. If you disagree then fine I have nothing more I wish to say on the matter.
Old 2008-07-29, 19:26   Link #1023
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It is not so much that certain moments are being called defacto proof. But that, the far more numerous moments between Lelouch and Kallen have had form and substance, whereas the one, single moment with Suzaku was rather shallow.

But this is, as always, just an opinion.
And that would be a valid point if I had been trying to prove that Kallen and Suzaku are secretly in love with one another. As it is, I'm trying to prove that it's not crazy to think they could develop something. I already said I don't like to focus on one scene only for arguments, but people keep saying there never was anything, and there was that scene in the island episode. You don't see anything romantic in that scene, I see something that could lead to it. Coupled with my own view of how they treat each other I do think there could be something if LelouchxKallen didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well i guess my problem is that too many people are poisoned by Gundam seed and Gundam seed destiny pairings. Some of the relationships in that anime was like "wait what?" Didn't you just kill her sister.
Never seen any of those so that doesn't work with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Although you have a point about can it happen? Sure it can!
but it would be bad story writing and not be built at all and go against all we know about both characters.
I did say it could work with the right twists and developments. And I happen to think those two have a lot in common and could get along in a war-free context. As for bad writing it all depends on how it's treated. If you don't see it as possible at all I guess you'd take any development as poorly written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
As I have pointed out before, that the writers themselves are developing Kallen in the direction of her feelings and loyalty to Lelouch. That is where her character development has been going throughout R2 and it has yet to be resolved. If they intend to start developing her with Suzaku they would have done so already, this is not a romance anime and time for possible pairing is limited. They have been using such instances for Kallen's feelings for Lelouch. If you disagree then fine I have nothing more I wish to say on the matter.
I never denied Kallen was very much in love with Lelouch right now and that their relationship needed to be resolved. But you can't know for sure that she's going to end up with him, and one possible way I could see her developing something with Suzaku would be if Lelouch didn't choose her after all. Or if he died. Or became an astronaut, I don't know. But as long as we don't know who the guy will end up with, why kill all other possibilities?
Old 2008-07-29, 19:28   Link #1024
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I never classfied blushing toward someone means they have romantic feelings toward one another. Its like that in many animes .Suzaku made a nice comment and she blushed isn't that big of a deal in season 1. R2 for Kallen is mainly about her feelings for Lelouch throughout the first 10 episodes and now thorugh Nunnally. She just happen to take a back seat since she was captured.

I would expect Kallen and Lelouch relationship whatever becomes of it to get resolved probably by episode 20 or 21. .Given how long romantic relationships take in Code Geass, I wouldn't think there would be one come out of the blue in the last say 5 episodes. Either way if someone supports Suzaku x Kallen after Kallen and Lelouch's relationship gets resolved if its a friendship(though I don't see Kallen staying by Lelouch's side simply due to that in my opinion), isn't that big of a deal. Right now however, it doesn't look likely and we can all agree on this. In my opinion if Lelouch doesn't return her feelings, she more than likely be alone with her mother in the end. I never like in animes, when the a women likes a person and he doesn't return the same feelings then just jump on the next guy at the very end.
Old 2008-07-29, 19:57   Link #1025
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Oh my gosh, Daemon_god was right, this has turned in a romance battlefield.

*flee*
Old 2008-07-29, 19:58   Link #1026
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

*flee*
i think i need to add more to my story :P
Old 2008-07-29, 20:01   Link #1027
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

I think you guys are too into this subject.

Kallen x C.C. ftw

Lelouch can go single being Mr. Demon King
Old 2008-07-29, 20:24   Link #1028
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I never denied Kallen was very much in love with Lelouch right now and that their relationship needed to be resolved. But you can't know for sure that she's going to end up with him, and one possible way I could see her developing something with Suzaku would be if Lelouch didn't choose her after all. Or if he died. Or became an astronaut, I don't know. But as long as we don't know who the guy will end up with, why kill all other possibilities?
I am not saying you denied that Kallen has feelings for Lelouch nor enforcing it. I am using the fact that the writers are already developing Kallen's feelings for Lelouch as her primary character development as a reason that Suzaku and Kallen will likely not even be given a chance. As I had pointed out, this is not a romance oriented show and time allotted to such development is limited. The fact that they are still continuing Kallen's development with Lelouch this late into the series means that they would not switch her to be with Suzaku since there is no time for development. Shoving her together with Suzaku because she may get rejected is just poor development as there has been nothing between then to connote anything romantic at all. Am I somehow not being clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

*flee*
Since when has the romance thread been anything but?
Old 2008-07-29, 22:09   Link #1029
orangejuicetang

I always thought that Suzuku would end up with Nunually. Even in S1, I didn't know if I liked Suzuku X Nunually or Suzuku X Euphie better, but now that Euphie is dead, I'm hoping he ends up with Nunually. Kallen will either end up with Lelouch or no one. Same as C.C.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2008-07-29, 22:13   Link #1030
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I always thought that Suzuku would end up with Nunually. Even in S1, I didn't know if I liked Suzuku X Nunually or Suzuku X Euphie better, but now that Euphie is dead, I'm hoping he ends up with Nunually
Yep I also think Nunnally will end up with Suzaku, especially now that Euphie is gone, no one will get in their way.
Old 2008-07-29, 22:18   Link #1031
DN24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Yep I also think Nunnally will end up with Suzaku, especially now that Euphie is gone, no one will get in their way.
You forget about Anya? She seem to trust Suzaku a lot and also enjoy hanging around him..I don't know why GinoxAnya is a choice but no SuzakuxAnya...
Old 2008-07-29, 22:18   Link #1032
Micante

Except for Lelouch.
Old 2008-07-29, 22:47   Link #1033
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While Anya and Suzaku appear together often, as do Gino and Anya together, none of them have had any kind of romantic development at all, so its unlikely either of the boys will start something with Anya at this point.
Old 2008-07-29, 23:00   Link #1034
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While Anya and Suzaku appear together often, as do Gino and Anya together, none of them have had any kind of romantic development at all, so its unlikely either of the boys will start something with Anya at this point.
Well Gino has shown unprecedented concern for Anya on two occassions, and on one he drops everything to go help her. The two have also know each other far longer than they've known Suzaku. But... what that amounts to will depend on what happens. Suffice to say, I think there is a lot more basis for Gino and Anya than Anya and Suzaku or Gino and anyone else.

Anya is also the only girl that he doesn't flirt with and calls by her actual name.
Old 2008-07-29, 23:14   Link #1035
Micante

Quote:
Well Gino has shown unprecedented concern for Anya on two occassions, and on one he drops everything to go help her.
You're talking about that time when Gino stopped his battle with Shenhu to go after Mordred when C.C. and Anya did their lightshow, right? That's the only I can remember, but I can't remember the other occasion. I seem to always miss out on important details like this.
Old 2008-07-29, 23:15   Link #1036
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not sure if I'm expecting anything romantic to develop with either Gino or Suzaku within the episodes we have left. At the very least some good friendships with the two of them. Gino did show a lot of concern when Anya got in trouble in China. Plus had to be close well before Suzaku joined up with the Rounds.

Are good good points with Suzaku also. Had some good conversations at points this season and opened up to Suzaku about her inconsistent memories. Still friendship is a pretty solid thing no matter how it all turns out. Major thing with any pairing and Suzaku will be him being able to move forward into another relationship.
Old 2008-07-29, 23:20   Link #1037
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
You're talking about that time when Gino stopped his battle with Shenhu to go after Mordred when C.C. and Anya did their lightshow, right? That's the only I can remember, but I can't remember the other occasion. I seem to always miss out on important details like this.
Now I can't remember either maybe I was mistaken and it was only one? Though I'm pretty sure it was twice, I just can't recall when. Either way, the one that we can remember was pretty extreme for him. The other thing to note, is that we never see the two apart, mostly. They are either in the same general area as one another, or they are in the same exact area.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:03   Link #1038
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Now I can't remember either maybe I was mistaken and it was only one? Though I'm pretty sure it was twice, I just can't recall when. Either way, the one that we can remember was pretty extreme for him. The other thing to note, is that we never see the two apart, mostly. They are either in the same general area as one another, or they are in the same exact area.
Really does show who Anya is close to by the company you see her with. Mostly she's either somewhere with Gino or Suzaku, or both of them. Guess it just shows the bond that has been build between those three Rounds.

To be honest can only remember that one moment myself. Has only been so many battles when the Rounds took part and only one occasion when Anya was in real trouble. To be honest thought Gino and Suzaku both reacted pretty well to that situation. Suzaku was quick to call out "Anya!" and Gino moved in right after to provide cover for her.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:05   Link #1039
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Anya's only been disabled the once, and Suzaku was in no position to help. He had Tohdoh's sword in his face. Gino's opponent, on the other hand, ditched him to help Tianzi.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:24   Link #1040
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Anya's only been disabled the once, and Suzaku was in no position to help. He had Tohdoh's sword in his face. Gino's opponent, on the other hand, ditched him to help Tianzi.
Yeah dropping his guard once got the floater busted up so turning to make sure Anya was alright could of gotten him into more cover. Saving Anya was higher on the priority list for Gino than fighting the regular troops. All about who was in the better position to provide cover.

Tags
romance