AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-02, 13:47   Link #21
stpehen
kisses for all

Only 4. That's the end.
Old 2004-05-03, 14:47   Link #22
Ookla The Mok

TOKYOPOP's version is not selling well at all compared to their other titles, for some reason.
Old 2004-05-03, 19:41   Link #23
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
TOKYOPOP's version is not selling well at all compared to their other titles, for some reason.
Where'd you hear that? PlanetES is one of their best manga from a critical standpoint. It would be a shame if it doesn't sell...

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-05-03 at 19:56.
Old 2004-05-09, 16:50   Link #24
Morrigan
debris collector

Send a message via ICQ to Morrigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Where'd you hear that? PlanetES is one of their best manga from a critical standpoint. It would be a shame if it doesn't sell...
Many good series don't sell well, unfortunately. It is the same with the German version of 20thCB here ... T__T

So, volume 4 is already out in Japan?
Old 2004-05-21, 03:10   Link #25
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Many good series don't sell well, unfortunately. It is the same with the German version of 20thCB here ... T__T

So, volume 4 is already out in Japan?
Tokyopop's site been updated with an entry for Volume 4... Part One which is scheduled for release in November 2004 (such a long wait between Volume 3, next month, and Volume 4)...
Old 2004-05-21, 03:45   Link #26
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Funny thing is, the 4th volume doesn't seem to have a conclusion. It doesn't carry the 終結篇 (Concluding Volume) label nor does the story show a definite end.

So is it safe to say, Planetes the manga will be more than 4 volumes...
Old 2004-05-21, 09:56   Link #27
Immortal Raven

Send a message via MSN to Immortal Raven
There will be more then 4 volumes but I just can't see there being more then 6 volumes. I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see more then 6 volumes.

As for it not selling well, why am I not surprised.
Old 2004-05-21, 17:24   Link #28
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Funny thing is, the 4th volume doesn't seem to have a conclusion. It doesn't carry the ??? (Concluding Volume) label nor does the story show a definite end.

So is it safe to say, Planetes the manga will be more than 4 volumes...
stephen said above, it's 4 volumes. That's the end. There are no more chapters being published in the magazine. Volume 1-3 were normal volume length (180-200 pages) and volume 4 was like 350 pages (since you have the book you can verify this). TOKYOPOP might split vol 4 into 2 books since it is so long, but that's the end.
Old 2004-05-23, 09:51   Link #29
Morrigan
debris collector

Send a message via ICQ to Morrigan
Ok, so it will be 4 or 5 volumes ... I wonder when planet manga (the publisher in Germany) will release vol. 4 ...
Old 2004-12-19, 11:00   Link #30
JaqTaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Ok, so it will be 4 or 5 volumes ... I wonder when planet manga (the publisher in Germany) will release vol. 4 ...
http://www.mangadb.de/

The news-section of this German manga site lists the volumes 4 and 5 as being published in February and May 05.
Old 2004-12-19, 11:57   Link #31
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok
stephen said above, it's 4 volumes. That's the end. There are no more chapters being published in the magazine. Volume 1-3 were normal volume length (180-200 pages) and volume 4 was like 350 pages (since you have the book you can verify this). TOKYOPOP might split vol 4 into 2 books since it is so long, but that's the end.
I have 4 different volumes at the moment and there has to be a fifth one at least since they just stopped manga 4 in the middle of a story. And the 4th manga was called Planetes 4 part I. So I guess they did split it up.
I must say that the story changed drastically from vol 3 to vol 4 though, kinda caught me by surprise.

PS i have the Tokyopop releases.
Old 2004-12-20, 12:22   Link #32
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I have 4 different volumes at the moment and there has to be a fifth one at least since they just stopped manga 4 in the middle of a story. And the 4th manga was called Planetes 4 part I. So I guess they did split it up.
I must say that the story changed drastically from vol 3 to vol 4 though, kinda caught me by surprise.

PS i have the Tokyopop releases.
Yeah the volume was somewhat disappointing in that there was a certain someone not present... But it's much better than the anime... I find it being... more realistic?
Old 2008-06-20, 16:18   Link #33
8bitkid

Mistake in Planetes Manga, Vol. 1?

I just started reading the Planetes manga, and noticed something that didn't seem right. On page 148 it says, "Narita International Spaceport. Japan, 2070".

Isn't the year 2075 at this point in the story. 2070 would have put it between the prologue and the first "phase". Also it clearly is not a flashback, so it seems like this is a translation mistake by Tokyopop...

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have the Japanese version that can say what the year was in the original?
Closed Thread

Tags
tokyopop