Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-11, 00:23   Link #3021
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Practice, practice, and more practice. Watch replays and see what better opponents do, and learn/adapt from their build order. Etc...

The main difference between AI and multiplayer is human creativity.

Cheers.
The best replays to watch are on youtube from the users (HDStarcraft) (Husky)
Their is even a special series named "I suck at Starcraft 2" by TotalHalibut that clarifies his/his opponent's mistakes.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:31   Link #3022
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Practice, practice, and more practice. Watch replays and see what better opponents do, and learn/adapt from their build order. Etc...

The main difference between AI and multiplayer is human creativity.

Cheers.
Oh, I do. It just takes a long time to sink in for me. But since I'm going to be practicing macro against AI first, is Very Hard the top difficulty that one can play before the faster resource gathering for AI kicks into play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The best replays to watch are on youtube from the users (HDStarcraft) (Husky)
Their is even a special series named "I suck at Starcraft 2" by TotalHalibut that clarifies his/his opponent's mistakes.
I'll check that the second part out. Sounds interesting.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 03:36   Link #3023
Qikz

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=104154

Day9 is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the game more strategicly. Watch him instead of Husky/HD. Husky/HD are good if you just want to watch casted games and not really learn anything.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:24   Link #3024
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I dont see exactly why people would first put stupid names, or even put their Real Life names in the game which is just a really silly thing to do.
I just used a randomly thought up name. Simple.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:55   Link #3025
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I dont see exactly why people would first put stupid names, or even put their Real Life names in the game which is just a really silly thing to do.
Sometime a provocative alias is all you need to win half of the battle.

I'm sure more than a few of those hot-headed-sore-losers-to-be will get upset over a name such as "YourMumIsMyBitch" and lose their cool.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 05:06   Link #3026
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

After attaining my Solo Hot Streak 5 Achievement and winning a couple of more games, I actually got promoted into Silver League today

The last battle was my strangest one yet: Scrap Station, me Zerg vs him Terran. At the first opportunity he got he had lifted off his command center and relocated it to the lone island at the top of the map. Unfortunately for him I caught unto the fact early due to scouting and so fast-teched to Mutalisks. It was a rather long battle due to him getting a head start in Vikings, which he used to harass, and Thor Drop harassments slowing down my mineral and vespene line, but after I had secured every other expansion on the map and getting Brood Lords he finally got his due justice. Fun game, if rather unusual

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 08:35   Link #3027
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Is it me or most of the Terrans including Raynor himself speak in Southern accent?
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 08:57   Link #3028
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Is it me or most of the Terrans including Raynor himself speak in Southern accent?
The entire Terran culture is designed to sound like Southern rednecks. That's why the previous government was called the Confederacy.
Old 2010-08-11, 09:05   Link #3029
Qikz

Terrans are basically known as the Rednecks in Space. As pointed above yeah, The Confederacy was the systems old government. The Domion doesn't sound much better either.

In Broodwar when the UED (United Earth Directorate) go to overthrow the Dominion they sound much more civilised obviously coming from our planet rather than one of the many colonies of humans out in space (it would seem).

All I can say is I love Battlecruisers. <3
Old 2010-08-11, 09:18   Link #3030
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Terrans are basically known as the Rednecks in Space. As pointed above yeah, The Confederacy was the systems old government. The Domion doesn't sound much better either.

In Broodwar when the UED (United Earth Directorate) go to overthrow the Dominion they sound much more civilised obviously coming from our planet rather than one of the many colonies of humans out in space (it would seem).

All I can say is I love Battlecruisers. <3
Of course, one could argue that there was nothing civilised about putting a large chunk of the human population into forced exile for the sake of an experiment. It is pretty safe to say the UED aren't nice people either.
Old 2010-08-11, 09:19   Link #3031
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Especially if you consider how they actually barged in the kropulu sector, as if they were the rightful authority
Old 2010-08-11, 09:20   Link #3032
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Of course, one could argue that there was nothing civilised about putting a large chunk of the human population into forced exile for the sake of an experiment. It is pretty safe to say the UED aren't nice people either.
Well, all of humanity has always had it's good and bad sides. It's a shame what actually happened to the UED though. DURAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Old 2010-08-11, 09:21   Link #3033
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
If you've read the Terran backstory in the old Starcraft manual you wouldn't have that impression. The UED (When they called themselves the United Powers League) killed over 400 million people back on earth to get rid of their opponents and individuals they deemed *impure*. They bassically put the Nazi's to shame in how many people they exterminated. In fact, the human inhabitants of the Koprulu sector are all descended from people who were originally slated to be exterminated back on earth, who ended up getting signed up as colonists because the UPL wanted to see how viable independent space colonies ere.

So you really can understand how Raynor despite hating Mengsk would be even less happy with the UED taking over the sector. He's certainly not going to wait around to see whether or not the UED decides that all the local humans should be lined up against a wall for not being *pure* enough. If the Nazi's had won WW2 and taken over the world, and sent a bunch of Jewish people out into space as part of an experiment, when the Jewish colony got rediscovered centuries later they certainly wouldn't be feeling optimistic about the encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That was the nice treatment.

The 400 million people who didn't get the nice treatment were killed outright.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 09:46   Link #3034
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If you've read the Terran backstory in the old Starcraft manual you wouldn't have that impression. The UED (When they called themselves the United Powers League) killed over 400 million people back on earth to get rid of their opponents and individuals they deemed *impure*. They bassically put the Nazi's to shame in how many people they exterminated. In fact, the human inhabitants of the Koprulu sector are all descended from people who were originally slated to be exterminated back on earth, who ended up getting signed up as colonists because the UPL wanted to see how viable independent space colonies ere.

So you really can understand how Raynor despite hating Mengsk would be even less happy with the UED taking over the sector. He's certainly not going to wait around to see whether or not the UED decides that all the local humans should be lined up against a wall for not being *pure* enough. If the Nazi's had won WW2 and taken over the world, and sent a bunch of Jewish people out into space as part of an experiment, when the Jewish colony got rediscovered centuries later they certainly wouldn't be feeling optimistic about the encounter.

Ah, well. I never read the manual. :P
Old 2010-08-11, 10:59   Link #3035
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Well, all of humanity has always had it's good and bad sides. It's a shame what actually happened to the UED though. DURAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Screw humanity and terran, I want my protoss!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 11:02   Link #3036
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

So you mean the people in the Korpulu sector are something like what Australians are to the Brits?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 11:06   Link #3037
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So you mean the people in the Korpulu sector are something like what Australians are to the Brits?
Australia was meant to be kept as a colony with government support. The Terrans were just left out in the middle of nowhere with no backup.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:26   Link #3038
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Guys, I just found this hilarious replay:
Old 2010-08-11, 11:50   Link #3039
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

ZOMG IT'S TRUE!!!!
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 12:33   Link #3040
Qikz