AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 49 50.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 32.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-12, 18:44   Link #41
saravis

Okay I get that Mikado is a dollars' member, but why were they so impressed with him at the end? Why did he say that he had all the cards, whats that supposed to mean?
Old 2010-03-12, 18:48   Link #42
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Okay I get that Mikado is a dollars' member, but why were they so impressed with him at the end? Why did he say that he had all the cards, whats that supposed to mean?
He has all the cards for 'Living the dream'
Old 2010-03-12, 19:28   Link #43
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
It's figure of speech to point out that he knows what going on now and has plan. Celty wasn't expecting that but Izaya had idea of who he was and what he would do.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:43   Link #44
Project_MkUltra

Quote:
Can't tell you because of spoilers. If you want me to tell you go to the Novel thread.
Old 2010-03-12, 20:03   Link #45
saravis

Ok, so its something that has yet to be revealed.
Old 2010-03-12, 20:06   Link #46
Eater of All
NOM

Well folks, I guess this episode deserves nothing less than a genuine HOLY SHIT from me.

Mikado all of a sudden going GAR was completely unexpected and took me surprise. I'd always thought that he'd be one of those passive observers whose only role is to provide a perspective for us to unravel the secrets of Ikebukuro, but damn never would I've thought that he'd be part it too - part of the Dollars in fact. How the hell did that happen?

Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to the big smackdown in the next two episodes.
Old 2010-03-12, 20:29   Link #47
Avisch
Reality Blender

At this point, I don't even mind being spoiled on some core details. The way this episode unfolded was just plain great.

Spoiler for episode 10:

One crazy B****
Old 2010-03-12, 20:48   Link #48
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Finally Mikado badass revealed..
Not badass, maybe its more like confident to step in the unusual world,
I totally rooting for him to more and more step!

at the end, what's the meaning he got all the cards in my hand?
I was.. aww-shi why the episode end already?
I want to see more Mikado badass face sooner!
Old 2010-03-12, 21:08   Link #49
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea Rabbit View Post
at the end, what's the meaning he got all the cards in my hand?
It means that you are in total control of the situation, ie, you have the knowledge and resources to deal with whatever problem comes that way.

I only wonder, did Kida have a "gut feeling" that Mikado was in the dollars?
Old 2010-03-12, 21:36   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
At this point, I don't even mind being spoiled on some core details. The way this episode unfolded was just plain great.

Spoiler for episode 10:
She is also the most sane of the bunch.
Old 2010-03-12, 22:54   Link #51
Aryu
Rest... yet not

This Episode was full of epicnes:
-Kida-kun is so amusing bla bla bla bla all the time, only when Takiguchi talked about Yellow Scarves he faded. He should be connected with the incident between Blue and Yellow gang.

-Celty's KicK oF Pure Awesomeness. Ohh and poor Celty you are so bad liar.

-Wow Mikado was quite cool in at the end of episode, it's seems he is more important then simple member of Dollars. Of course Mikado's fantasy about stalking is priceless and Anri looks so cute in them!

"I-I-I'll get stabbed"

"S-he may set my place on fire!"

"Wait... wath if she take my family hostage?"

-And Izaya brings so much fun, teasing Celty and Jumping on poor guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We need a gif of that scene, now.
Old 2010-03-12, 23:11   Link #52
blewin

One thing I find this hard to believe is the contradiction between Mikado's personality to just exactly how prepared he is in stepping into the underworld. I can see him pulling strings on the internet, but just look at how scared he is when faced by those guys from the Pharmacy. He can't defend himself like Izaya at all!

Another thing is, just how much does Izaya know? Mikado says at the end that he has all the cards in his hands, meaning he has connected all the dots now. Does Izaya not know all these dots before he personally comes to speak to Mikado? Or that does Izaya already know, so he comes to speak to Mikado to "collect his final chess piece"?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-03-12, 23:30   Link #53
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
One thing I find this hard to believe is the contradiction between Mikado's personality to just exactly how prepared he is in stepping into the underworld. I can see him pulling strings on the internet, but just look at how scared he is when faced by those guys from the Pharmacy. He can't defend himself like Izaya at all!
You can still be scared and excited about something at sametime. It like feeling of exploring some unknown land with a lot danger. Beside he was ambushed people by people he had no idea was part of situation.

I doubt Izaya would be much different had that happened to him as isn't one who really fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Another thing is, just how much does Izaya know? Mikado says at the end that he has all the cards in his hands, meaning he has connected all the dots now. Does Izaya not know all these dots before he personally comes to speak to Mikado? Or that does Izaya already know, so he comes to speak to Mikado to "collect his final chess piece"?
I'm sure he knew about everything aside Mikado's involvement, which what's interesting him right now.
Old 2010-03-12, 23:33   Link #54
Raskolnikov
Former Siberian

VROOM VROOOM needs a gif. I will give half of my kidney to whoever does it.
Otherwise, this episode be ballin'. Brains Base needs moar car chase scenes though - they make them hilarious.
Old 2010-03-13, 01:56   Link #55
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Incredible episode. Mikado's puppet theater fantasy, Celty's spinning heel kick to a wannabe tough guy, Izaya's jumping on a person and imaginary bike, then finally Mikado joining Dollars. So much excitement happening in this episode. As for Mikado's awakening, I wonder if he becomes the next Izaya controlling everything from behind the scenes.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Old 2010-03-13, 03:35   Link #56
Blaat

Damn, it feels like I've been watching playboy Bruce Wayne for 10 episodes, only to find out by the end of the 10th episode that he's Batman. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Anri is a yandere stalker.
Old 2010-03-13, 05:03   Link #57
Deshwiran

Awesome episode,Mikado suddenly going GAR mode caught me by surprise and was pretty sweet.
Old 2010-03-13, 06:34   Link #58
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
*Watching episode - 5 minutes in."

Well at least I can perfectly understand why Mikado ran off with Celty's head now, after the last episodes discussions on Mr. Runaway with a girl. Being asked to be helped and all.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-03-13, 06:58   Link #59
JokerD

Somehow I though that Mikado would faint when Selty opened her helmet, I wonder if it's just me.
I like the short interaction between Mikado and Selty, kinda like Selty finding a friend she can confine in SeltyXMikado? LOL
Old 2010-03-13, 07:33   Link #60
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Spoiler:
Closed Thread