AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 19:28   Link #11801
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Well OC thread is that big.

It's not too big to handle though; some of them only appear for 1 episode, some half an epi. Most of the time its because of a plot element, and the rest is because they happen to be there to due connections with the main cast.

Well I'll try... so far I've just gone under 100. It's still not fitting because, well, SECRET AMBITION is already crammed with characters and the beat isn't exactly friendly for a full showcase, unlike Towards the Terra or Baccano!'s OPs.

Of course my obsession to feature everyone is to fix StrikerS habit of shafting...
Don't forget it's okay to put characters together in the OP. Related characters should show up together to save space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Trim down your character count and keep those who really matter in the story.

Spoiler for All characters who had an importance in the story in one OP:
That'd be one of my favorite OP's right there

Page claim it's been a while.
Page claim for awesome opening sequences that don't spoil and don't cram too much in.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:36   Link #11802
Oseng

I like SlayersS Comartemis, and I am really looking forward to the next chapter.

It is interesting to see Arisa and Suzuka as mages, and you picked an interesting way of making them mages.

Personally I'm wondering how Nanoha and Fate are going to react.
Oseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:34   Link #11803
Krinen
"Kirnen"

Send a message via MSN to Krinen Send a message via Yahoo to Krinen
Indeed, Comartemis. I hate to say it and sound a bit... how should I say; "Assholic", but I think SlayerS is the first piece of fiction to interest me in quite some time. Be it said that it's the focus on Arisa and Suzuka, as opposed to our usual repertoire. Still, I should stop before I ramble.

Keep it up, Comar. For you've one dedicated reader on your hands.
Krinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:50   Link #11804
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Well here's something a bit weird...

Spoiler for Visitors, pt. 1:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 21:53   Link #11805
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Because i was sneaking net time a day ago, i forgot to say i also read allquall's christmas cruff along with the few i mentioned in my last post. read while browsing backlog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Merry Christmas, FFT.

Spoiler for Christmas Cruff:
so cute X3!! waaarmmmmmmm!!

it is definitely warm here now compared to the US DX. yes i'm back in the philippines now ^^! plane landed hmm 5 hours ago. i have concluded that a) wanwan and cold temp really don't go well together judging from my bleeding knuckles. b) i don't like airplanes =D! ;-;!!!!!
Quote:
NSFW: Wanwan's Omake
Spoiler for NSFW!:
and as for the omake:
o///////////o

so....i have net o.o! time to visit ffc methinks. i should, shouldn't i? if only for a little while (have to rest /jetlag and be a good girl /less net)?
wanwan1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:21   Link #11806
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Yo folks. Sulli here, and I'm thinkin gof starting my first MSLN fanfic and have it be a fusion/crossover with a show that's been part of my life since I was little; and that's Star Trek. But before I get to work on it, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:34   Link #11807
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulliMike23 View Post
Yo folks. Sulli here, and I'm thinkin gof starting my first MSLN fanfic and have it be a fusion/crossover with a show that's been part of my life since I was little; and that's Star Trek. But before I get to work on it, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.
Nanoha and Star Treck?

That sounds interesting and crazy... and I'd like crazy things

BTW: Welcome to the forums
Old 2009-01-08, 23:38   Link #11808
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Nanoha and Star Treck?

Well I've done crazy crossovers before. Besides, I can make it work.
Old 2009-01-08, 23:40   Link #11809
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
heh well we'll see about the last part.

Well bring it on I say everything is welcomed here.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:03   Link #11810
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Sniffle*

One chapter and already I have fans! Thank yoooooouuuuu!

*Comar gives the whole thread a great big squeeze-'till-your-face-turns-purple group hug*

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:58   Link #11811
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

General Info

Well, this weekend is the day, the first chapter of Vatican Knights is up to be posted, I'm gonna leave the general information of how I'm gonna execute this fic

Fisrt of all, the story is gonna take place 10 years before the events of Vatican Knights 1 and it's gonna be again Vivio's point of view

Like in Vita Shadows of the past, some chapters will bring "Events", little scenes of the story showed in a short comic, these scenes may not be Vivio's Point of view

As an adition, along with the chapters there are gonna be something called Scrolls of Darkness The Scrolls of Darkness are gonna be renders and information about the monsters that are gonna appear on the fic, the draws are gonna be full color and they will bring bios of the creatures

Also, looking to show renders of the main characters like Vivio, Karil, Black Wolfness, etc...

As I said before, Vampire Fate it's gonna play an important roll in the story but it's important to point that this is NOT the same Vampire Fate that appears on Satashi's fic, this one has a diferent story altough the personality is kinda the same

And something BIG, in the last Vatican Knights, Nanoha was the villan, in this one, another character of the MSLN series it's gonna take the roll of antagonist, try to guess who? >:3

With luck, first chapter Return of the Shadows will be posted this weekend (maybe Monday, depends on your time zone :P)
Old 2009-01-09, 01:10   Link #11812
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for Nanoha SlayerS Act 1 Chapter 1:
My dream come true! They are finally mages! Well you've got another very interested reader, it looks like things are going to get quite weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

You seem to be coming out with some weird ideas lately...but this looks intriguing. Stargate/Nanoha Crossover!? Definitely looking forward to Pt. 2

Quote:
Yo folks. Sulli here, and I'm thinking of starting my first MSLN fanfic and have it be a fusion/crossover with a show that's been part of my life since I was little; and that's Star Trek. But before I get to work on it, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.
Hello and welcome to the thread! Sounds like an interesting idea. You said you can make it work, so I'm looking forward to how you put it all together.

@EvilRick: Yes! Info is good! I like the idea with the Scrolls of Darkness, that will be cool.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:49   Link #11813
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Spoiler for KOTR 17:

Secrets of Lance Valentine revealed!
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:51   Link #11814
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Quote:
Oh ho, I for once am interested. I'm eager to see what you have to offer, comrade.
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:00   Link #11815
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Current standings for Divided Destiny:

A)
B)
C) III

Approximately 1 more hour left to vote.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:04   Link #11816
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Shamal's playing veterinarian again . Somehow, this kind of humour suits Zaffy.

SLB seems fitting, considering he just got shot down .
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
....Stuart L Baker...

Isn't that just an anagram for Star Lt Bureka?

Actually, the answer is D. Stu D. Baker...Studebaker...ne?

But I like your answer.

Quote:
I like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
PS:Vivio 3

Corrected a few things, gave the girls more conversation, added a few hundred words, re-worded a couple of sentences, changed Syn taking her bra off to leaving it on, and a few other misc. things.

Enjoy~
Spoiler for PS!Vivio commentary:

Quote:

Okay, I offically want to see more of this. Now. Seven or eight chapters by morning, at the least. Get writing!

Seriously, you really put more energy into your cracky crossovers than anyone I know (in the sense of structuring them as true stories rather than taking the kind of narrative shortcuts usually crack-fics, including my own), and it really tells in the quality of the read. In fact, it's inspired me to suck it up and go read Divided Destiny, which has heretofore been putting me off by the sheer number of chapters that exist (really, it's hard to get a vote in when I need to read 20+ chapters just to catch up to where the story is!), but you've more than proven it's worth the effort.

*looks around, notes that not even half of the backlog has been actually broken, and passes out*
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 19:46   Link #11817
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Spoiler for Vistors, pt. 2:

Part 01
Old 2009-01-09, 19:53   Link #11818
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

And the polls are now closed :3

The final count for Divided Destiny:

A)
B)
C) III

I wonder how Plymouth is doing?

Quote:
Nanoha and Star Treck?

I did a few shorts on that type of crossover already

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Okay, I offically want to see more of this. Now. Seven or eight chapters by morning, at the least. Get writing!
But I have important things I need to tend to

Like saving Azeroth >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Seriously, you really put more energy into your cracky crossovers than anyone I know (in the sense of structuring them as true stories rather than taking the kind of narrative shortcuts usually crack-fics, including my own), and it really tells in the quality of the read. In fact, it's inspired me to suck it up and go read Divided Destiny, which has heretofore been putting me off by the sheer number of chapters that exist (really, it's hard to get a vote in when I need to read 20+ chapters just to catch up to where the story is!), but you've more than proven it's worth the effort.

Might be a standard I have for myself what when I write it has to read well. Even with crack I usually get stopped up in how to write the intro and then lead up to the crack which can delay me a bit .I guess this means I should keep up with how I'm writing now?
Old 2009-01-09, 20:08   Link #11819
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Quote:
I did a few shorts on that type of crossover already
At least I'm not the only one.
Old 2009-01-09, 21:15   Link #11820
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Sounds... logical.

Welcome to the thread, all the helpful stuff is in my signature. You're welcome to join the chatroom too!

[EDIT]

PS:Vivio 4

Added about 500 words, redid intro, changed some dialog, added in an opening to show a little more of Vivio's dedication to Syn.

Enjoy~

Last edited by Satashi; 2009-01-09 at 22:06.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha