AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-27, 07:46   Link #61
krytyk
幻想生物

Unexpected unforeseen random chapter 3 release up.
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 07:50   Link #62
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Yay~~~~~~~~~~

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 08:14   Link #63
Kreceir

Love ya
Old 2014-08-27, 09:02   Link #64
Kreceir

here is what I'm hoping
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-27, 09:05   Link #65
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Yay! Thanks krytyk!
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:59   Link #66
casgoldsmith

thanksssssssss

<3

'^'
casgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:13   Link #67
Kioras

Pretty good.

The lack of understanding on the senses and how some of them work with each other does make sense.

This is a VRMMO, which would be specific to just Japan. There would not be a large overseas audience with it since everything would be in Japanese and a lot of data is transmitted as spoken words from the NPC's. Then there is the fact you need dedicated VRMMO hardware to get it running, an additional cost. Most likely the beta only had a few thousand people running in it, topping off at ~10000 people. Even big MMO beta's like WOW had a lot of things that were missed until after release. I remember a story in one of the WOW beta's that everyone thought Warriors were trash until someone made a video of the tearing stuff up. Without the video it could have been missed. Not everyone will publish info if they find a cheat or something to give an advantage. I remember in games like Everquest where people would often try to keep things hidden so that there guild would gain an advantage. I remember someone finding a dupe bug and abusing it like crazy and the dev's had no idea it was happening.

The events and lack of information makes more sense when you view this as a smaller MMO, not a multiethnic hundred thousand player one.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:26   Link #68
Kreceir

I'm really liking the playstyle of Jun since I also have bit of a familiar playstyle.
Not sure if its just the playstyle or just the thought of picking ''useless'' skills and make it work rather then the more useful ones for Combat.
Old 2014-08-27, 17:49   Link #69
Hiyono

Between things like having the leech pick up loot or the style of grinding skills (e.g. having to get hit to raise armor skill), it really reminds me of RF Online. Reading this series makes me incredibly nostalgic for Asian MMOs in a way that surprises me.

On a different note, what kind of evil devs don't do a wipe after the Beta?
Old 2014-08-27, 17:58   Link #70
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Between things like having the leech pick up loot or the style of grinding skills (e.g. having to get hit to raise armor skill), it really reminds me of RF Online. Reading this series makes me incredibly nostalgic for Asian MMOs in a way that surprises me.

On a different note, what kind of evil devs don't do a wipe after the Beta?
It sounds like they got a character wipe, but kept there in game gold. So certain players kept a good amount of cash but long term it will not really affect things.

Skill base MMO, sounds like how some of the skill system in UO worked. Needed to use skills/stats to have them go up. Here at least you can swap senses. It makes you wonder from a power gamer stand point, do you push combat senses up quickly at first then go back and work on leveling non-combat ones, split it or just focus on non combat at the start. The ones who kept money could more easily manage the non combat focus, since they would have a seed fund.

The game sounds like the beta was not at a scale some of us are used to in Western games, small number of players in the beta.
Old 2014-08-27, 23:05   Link #71
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

I have blown through the majority of the web version and I can assure you that it's gonna be a pretty good, unique, and refreshing read.

There are ass-kicking moments from the MC but don't expect dood to become an one-punch man though

Hell, he's actually in the lower threshold when it come to combat.

This is just not the from-noob-to-gosu kind of story
Old 2014-08-28, 00:19   Link #72
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgrane View Post
I have blown through the majority of the web version and I can assure you that it's gonna be a pretty good, unique, and refreshing read.

There are ass-kicking moments from the MC but don't expect dood to become an one-punch man though

That's one of the reasons I picked it up, I'm not really in favour of super-duper harems, questionable content and absurd powerlevels.

However, I'm sure everyone will enjoy it~
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 00:26   Link #73
casgoldsmith

Harem is good in novels/mangas of action, fantasy etc
but in Slice of Life = ...
casgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 00:30   Link #74
Kioras

Quote:

He does not strike me as someone who would end up super powered, he is not an optimizer, he will simply go along with what he wants and enjoy the ride.

His sisters and friends seem to be more of the optimizers who will optimize for the specific build or play style they want and the group fit.

I can see hi later hot swapping senses, from a buffer/ranged mix to the craftsman build when he eventually gets high enough leveled, but that is it. I don't remember if it was stated what the rules were for exchanging equipped senses either.
Old 2014-08-28, 00:45   Link #75
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
He does not strike me as someone who would end up super powered, he is not an optimizer, he will simply go along with what he wants and enjoy the ride.

His sisters and friends seem to be more of the optimizers who will optimize for the specific build or play style they want and the group fit.

I can see hi later hot swapping senses, from a buffer/ranged mix to the craftsman build when he eventually gets high enough leveled, but that is it. I don't remember if it was stated what the rules were for exchanging equipped senses either.
He is not the type who would chill out either. A lot of hidden stuffs will be found out by him as the story progress.
Old 2014-08-28, 00:51   Link #76
Rahuman
Masked Reader

in OSO, the character don't have level right ?
So everyone have same amount of HP. and if they want to do something about it they must pick Sense [HP Increase] and Sense [Defense increase] or defense related right ?
Rahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 00:57   Link #77
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahuman View Post
in OSO, the character don't have level right ?
So everyone have same amount of HP. and if they want to do something about it they must pick Sense [HP Increase] and Sense [Defense increase] or defense related right ?
There are indeed Defense sense and Armor sense

There are also base stat HP,MP,ATK,DEF,INT,MND,DEX,LUK,SPEED.

But,

Quote:
These statistics are calculated from the total configuration of all equipped Senses.

One’s own stats is not available for players overview, it is presumed that it’s made so in order to make the game more realistic.
Old 2014-08-28, 01:00   Link #78
Kioras

Quote:
He is not the type who would chill out either. A lot of hidden stuffs will be found out by him as the story progress.
He seems to want to look into every nook and cranny and explore things he can see, finding hidden things may be a driving force for him. Just like in a lot of MMO they put in hidden hard to reach areas just for explorers.

I can see him in doing that, just not optimizing his build heavily to do so.
Old 2014-08-28, 01:29   Link #79
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
He seems to want to look into every nook and cranny and explore things he can see, finding hidden things may be a driving force for him. Just like in a lot of MMO they put in hidden hard to reach areas just for explorers.

I can see him in doing that, just not optimizing his build heavily to do so.
Edit: hell there are a lot of other things beside finding secrets and leveling. It's kinda hard to describe since the game system itself is unlike the usual rpg we have.

I should stop feeding you guys bits of information and leaving a false impression here

Last edited by Lazgrane; 2014-08-28 at 01:39.
Lazgrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 02:30   Link #80
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
Edit: hell there are a lot of other things beside finding secrets and leveling. It's kinda hard to describe since the game system itself is unlike the usual rpg we have.

I should stop feeding you guys bits of information and leaving a false impression here
yea, better not to spoil 'em, cuz our only translator threat dat say "no spoiler or no transl"...

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, cutest trap among girls, gender bender, nekama, vrmmorpg, yun is justice