AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-12, 09:00   Link #19621
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Well, those WERE only Zerglings (points to one of my earlier posts)
I think there were also Ultralisks amongst the ones that attacked Kerrigan in that mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis
Don't worry, I knew he was Phoenix Fenix.

But since he was in a Dragoon, and who-knows-what he's gonna do now (I don't really care how much Blizzard says he's gone for good, I still love him), I think he uses General Purpose (GP) batteries instead.

Not to mention the amperage of the GP is higher than that of the Energizer...

Spoiler for methinks:

No matter how much you integrate it, Crack is still Crack

Quote:
Cecile: *sweet smile* Kowaii ja nai... *strange green fog starts to rise from suddenly appearing cracks in the ground...*

And don't worry, I'll start playing again, once I have the time. Good to hear that he's back
I hope that green fog is to improve the ambience

Get v.50 if you're playing, Kael got reworked for better balance, without losing his intrinsic AWESOME

Quote:
Ashcroft: No way, I can, and shall resist. *points to Asagi* Meet me in the sparring room later. I'd like to show you something

And anyway...I'll be finishing the upcoming OC Profile soon...geh.
Asagi: Na...na...na... nani yo?!?!

You're planning to do something bad aren't you?! You're planning to *beep**beep*beep**beep*....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Though the image of Simon (( child or adult )) pulling a Hayate, and carrying Vita bridal-style while she looks at her device's humanoid form with a dere-dere look is...

DOES NOT COMPUTE

I think someone here needs to integrate humanoid Graf-Eisen into his plans to make this WICKED IDEA happen

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
The image... is not... computing....

Though on the other hand...

Teana: You!

Schach: What's going on!? He's just our gardener.

Teana: Just a gardener... that bastard is... that bastard!

47: The past always haunts one's back... To think I'd meet the sister of the last person I killed...

OHSHI-

Now we know why we missed you... your Godly Crack blows my feeble mind

So 47 killed Tiida?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-12, 09:04   Link #19622
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: <sigh> Dammit, all bugs look the same to me. Would you care to refresh my memory as to where and when the Rogues fought the Zerg as opposed to the Tyranids? I could've sworn we helped the Protoss fight the Zerg at least ONCE...

Quick Note: The timeline for Arcas and Rogue Squadron goes as follows:

6 months during MC 0071. This is his official time with the unit, check the bio.

Any time from 0071 to early 0073. 2 notes here: 1 - during this timeperiod, Arcas is temporarily assigned to the Rogues due to his prior experience. 2 - Arcas joins the RAF sometime between April and June of 0073. (Remember, by StrikerS, he'd been serving two years + some months...)

Other than that, have fun. Maybe after I finish LegendS, I'll write an A's episode length story about the campaign.
*taps chin* Hmm, if its 71 then he probably would have been there (most likely he joined after their first massive succes mission, concidering he's not much of a screwup) Zerg were fought somewhere in early 71.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Alright, now the Grade 'Frames don't look out of place either.
Freshen my memory, what were Grade Frames again?

Quote:
1. Hmm... True. But Graf and Laevantine for that matter, their VAs all sound like they can manage GAR quite well. Maybe if I tone it down a little on the wording...
GAR, yes. Gurren Lagann-type GAR, no.

Quote:
2. That would kill herself, like Nanoha using Full Blast Mode, and somehow my Tomino-loving side just runs from permanently harming CCs, even though it didn't spare the Uno-gen Numbers. But so do I, so do I. :3
Yeah, but the combi attack with Subaru makes me go 'eh?' it simply looks ridiculous, really.

Quote:
3. I was thinking of just using your's for Keroko and Tesla, as the timeline was Keroko's and infused with Kha's crack, unless you got changes you wish to make for this crack timeline?
Can't say untill I see it. Hard to integrate if there's nothing to intergate into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Is Rouge Squadron lead by one Wedge Antilles? Oh no.. Kerkio uses a X-Wing.. and her device must be a Astromech!...
Wes Janson actually. Though the founder was Keroko.

And no, no X-wings or astromechs present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Spoiler:
Lina as a secretary? I hope you have good insurance... and that you pay her well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Actually, no more. Forget Regression Impulse Blaster and Breaker. They're scrapped. Kaput. Zilch. HAXX that serves no purpose than for self-wish-granting and ego-stroking.

Forget Blaze, Blitz and Buster Phoenix. Their too powerful and are blatant references.

Deletion? Bah! The theory is nigh illogical, even in Magical Girl show standards. Scrapped that too.

Perfect Void? DOWNGRADED to just about Jewel Seed and YnS-level.

Tyrfing? To become Grandis' later.

Astranagant the Device? I think I'm scrapping it too.

Like I said before, I'm busting out his profile a ton here.
*aplause sounds through the thread* The fact that you are willing to kill so much of your darlings to make your character real shows how much you care.

And heck, even with those gone, his spell list is still huge. Now, though, its more realistically huge. More like a true veteran instead of a h4xx character.

Quote:
UUUHWAAHHH... Phew.... You gotta' respect the guys who did the Mid-childa and Belka spell pattern designs.

I just spent the last, three, almost four hours doing a crest.
Spoiler for Said Crest:

Anywho, backlog boarder time! Well, maybe not a backlog, but a boarder none the less.
*Whips out snowboard, gets an Osprey lift up to The Throne, and cranks 'GO' by Andy Hunter up on his M-COMM.*

G-g-g-g--ggggggg-GO!!!!
Nice job. Though... how many Valkyrie units does we have now?

Quote:
It's almost 2:30 AM here... How about I challenge you guys to develope sigils/crests/whatever yourselves?
Heh, Rogue Squadron already had a crest since forever, Keroko is even wearing hers at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Katrina: "Simple enough."

Spoiler:

Bah. Needs lotsa refinement but I'll definitely be using something like this..

Oh, and count this as a appetitiser scenario. The main course is too spoiler-ish. :3
Yup, that oughta work.

*feels the urge to work on scenarios rising*

Quote:

STARS-03
Rebuilt of Subaru

Spoiler for Great picture:

Spoiler for Subaru, Queen of Braves:
Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-...

*runs*
Taking the already given references to a higher level, as expected.

What I don't like though, is the bit about Quint. It just reeks of crack, no matter how I look at it.

Quote:
I don't know... it seems to me that StrikerS showed that, even if the highest level of magi-performance is superior to conventional applications of weapons-tech, it's not the same for mid-tier performances... Tanks and the such should be more well protected, helicopter and planes should be faster... among other things. Else, honestly it made no sense for Rein to be transported, not flying directly among other things.
The entire Rein transportation makes no sense on various levels, as Nanoha has been seen flying faster then the heli. When Dieci fired her cannon, the heli couldn't aoid it, but Nanoha was able to get to the heli before Dieci's beam hit, which would mean Nanoha was faster then the beam, which would mean Nanoha is faster then the heli.

Quote:
The image... is not... computing....

Though on the other hand...

Teana: You!

Schach: What's going on!? He's just our gardener.

Teana: Just a gardener... that bastard is... that bastard!

47: The past always haunts one's back... To think I'd meet the sister of the last person I killed...
... Nighty brand crack is powerfull crack indeed.
Old 2008-02-12, 09:05   Link #19623
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Sorry for the double-post...

Anyway... Might as well post the nerfed ability data...

Spoiler for Ability:

I'm welcome to suggestions and criticisms and will adjust if needed...
Long list is long. Still, there doesn't seem to be much things that can be commented on, except that Aurion is "normalized" (though, I thought he was quite all right before) . It must have taken an incredible effort to de-HAXX your own character, since most of us (myself included) tend to blow our characters to some extremely high level to satisfy our *pat* ego. Kudos for the good job, and I still like him very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, in MSLN: Alpha, Vivio doesn't get the hero worship many expect her to get. In fact, due to the fact that she proudly declared she has two 'mama's' she is often accused of being lesbian. Add to that her mult-colored eyes, and she is quickly labelled a freak. Syn isn't much better off, being quite tall and always wearing an eyepatch (under which she hides her own multi-colored eyes, only her blue one is visible). The fact that she is really close friends with Vivio, and that she is rather sharp mouthed, quickly labelled the two as the 'lesbian freak couple'.
Those from the outer circle are always quick to pick, as always. Still, that doesn't make Syn anything but more colorful and vibrant. And with Vivio, I'd rather think they'll have the best of times together. [Note: Would've loved to see her punch someone ]

Quote:
Barring the last one, sounds good to me. I'm hesitant over the ast one because of the 'space time fabric' part. I don't really like characters messing with that department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No problems for her first three spells so far, certainly spells she can dish out with ease. Though Black Cremation sounds a little too deadly even for Hayate
Some nerfs are going to take place soon. How does the idea of a cluster blast attack sound? A single orb explodes releasing a host of secondary orbs, which explode to release a third round, and so forth. The power decreases exponentially over a number of rounds, of course, but enough to flatten Minions by the thousands. [Though that's just a fraction of the actual number of Minion invasion that I have in mind ... ]

Quote:
.... wait a minute...

You mean, Dark Nanoha?

*stabbing enemy with Strike Flame*

Dark Nanoha: YES!!! BEG FOR MERCY!!!

Who are you gonna call next? You're mother? You're girlfriend? Do you see your entire life flash before your eyes?!?!

There is always the off-chance of this happening somewhere, I guess.

Quote:
Thanks

And certainly, being raised in the art of business means she needs such... restraint in dealing with them. Afterall, business partners, no matter how irritating, are no good to you dead
True, true. But, once the business is done ...? *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
In other news, Scene V plods along. Keroko's going monster hunting. Her target...

Spoiler for HUEG:
Did I just happen to step into the chamber of Venomancer, who also happen to be a replica of a Zerg native?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Indeed, and of course with a big heart comes big...

*static*
Somehow, radio transmissions always seem to disagree with you and Lowe. We're missing big, crucial, juicy information!

Quote:
Thanks . And don't worry, she needs to keep him at least somewhat whole if they expect to test the upgrades they're working on...
Poor Ryotaro then.

Quote:
Well, I already had some idea of how they're gonna interact with RF6 when the time comes. Plus I'm working with Kha for integration into StrikerS for some really good stuff .
Great things a-coming!

Quote:
I'd rather have to object to that concept of a 'Universal Origin Language' there, or at least the explanation. I can understand English and German being somewhat distantly similar, but Japanese? The grammar and syntax is so drastically different, that as it is it's hard to translate Japanese into English without losing the inflection or some nuances of the phrase, (as, to roughly simplify it, Japanese syntax is the reverse of English) and I don't think a universal language as you describe it would be be understandable in the manner just portrayed.

Had such been the case, the team would most likely hear a language that seems familiar, but they wouldn't be able to understand it, if it's structure is so complex that Japanese-style and English-style grammar are syntax are incorporated, which really wouldn't mix that well in the first place. And that's not yet taking into account the difficulty in deciphering the basic meaning behind each word and its nuances.

Considering the hundreds or even thousands of years the bot seems to be, a 'master language' such as that would've long fractured into various localized dialects by the evolution of culture and historical events that would've made it nearly unrecognizable to a future speaker.

Oops, went into rant mode
In the same perspective, if Cosine Phi was really talking in "Universal Origin Language", then which language is the listener actually hearing if it can relate to most of the modern languages available? Would Nanoha be hearing English and Japanese at the same time? Imagine a linguist hearing a number of different languages simultaneously when Cosine Phi spoke.

Quote:

Everything seems fine aside from the last... Space-time warping is rather ....

These are NICE! I'll note them down, if you don't mind. Tausend Hiebe is a lovely sight in imagination!
Thanks, and I don't mind. Black Cremation will be undergoing some renovation in the Tome of the Night Sky, in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Galatea needs to be able to do the insta-port. I don't think I can even swing a few seconds of pausing. I can say that she can't keep it up for long, though. Fifteen minutes tops, perhaps.

Zachariah does require a substantial amount of energy to "start up", but once he does, it's pretty much just coasting.

He also has to do this in hidden locations, because every time he does his hacks he lights up like a beacon.

-

I'm actually just posting now to make a request of everyone in the thread.

I know that Youtube videos help in visualization or whatever. Well and fine.

But for some reason, and this happens inconsistently enough that I don't know what the problem is, too many Youtube videos in one page messes up my browser. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.12, but it could be something in my settings. What happens is the video gets displaced from its actual position, and ends up blocking someone else's text.

So if possible, please, please, LINK instead of embedding.

And if you want to quote a post with a video or picture, please cut out that picture at the least. It's very, very tiring to have to scroll down past several huge pictures which don't actually do anything. It's like image macro territory. And for the original posters of the pictures, at least resize the things.

I'm serious here. I can go down on my knees to beg if you want to. I've tried to tolerate it ever since the trend started, but right now it's the last straw.
Strange, I don't seem to be having any problem with the pictures (they load fine), though the displacement happens. Normally, I'd just continue to scroll down past to a readable area, or just reload the page, and it's solved. Still, I think we can all agree to it if you find it annoying. Not like I'm going to be posting a lot of those stuff anyway. :3

========

I seem to have been taking Chapter Six overboard its limits ...

Progress Report
Chapter Six
Word Count: 11K (~21% completion; 3/14 listed scenes completed fully)
Bluecheese Indicator: Extreme
ETA: Ugh, this is unpredictable even for me.

I'm considering dumping some scenes elsewhere to balance the Chapter up. In any case, I've successfully coined the term for the "magic feeling", though I think it's too scientific it'd make people go "Huh? " If you need to use the concept at any time, go for "clairsentient resonance".

*runs*
Old 2008-02-12, 09:29   Link #19624
Jimmy C

Quote:
The entire Rein transportation makes no sense on various levels, as Nanoha has been seen flying faster then the heli.
What about from an endurance PoV? Yes, Rein could there on her own faster, but she might use up so much of her own energy doing so that she'd be effectively useless after she got to the Cradle.
Old 2008-02-12, 09:34   Link #19625
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That would be a more reasonable explanation. With Rein being smaller, she also has to travel more compared to the others.
Old 2008-02-12, 09:52   Link #19626
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
They were being tested on whether they had the skill to back up the power. Note that after the test, Nanoha also said that it'd be dangerous to keep them at C-rank for anothe half year. This makes no sense if mage ranks did not mean powerlevels. They already were B-rank mages, the test was merely to make it official.
That's a...strange point of view, one that doesnt make much sense, but this whole issue doesnt make much sense either anyway.

Quote:
The only thing I recall was that Nanoha was not interested in rising through the millitary ranks, I don't recall mage ranks ever being mentioned. In fact, every time they are mentioned, its in connection to powerlevels.
Yeah, every time they are mentioned, they are connected to powerlevels. And hell, I prefer that, since it is much easier to think about it that way. I guess I'll just forget about Teana and Subaru's test, which is the only event that messes things up.

Quote:
*notices Aaron chilling in the corner with both Tohkiha twins*

As much as I think you're currently the luckiest man in the thread for the above situation, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!

I was just joking about the de-h4xxing.

Can't reply to others yet. Gotta run soon, but I must make this post while I'm still going ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-...

(And hopefully cheer poor Aaron up enough to notice that Hayate and Ringo are beside him)

STARS-03
Rebuilt of Subaru

*runs*
I think I got some of the references...but I just know she is way more GAR now.
Old 2008-02-12, 10:11   Link #19627
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

By the way, Kha, you got a teenage Vivio image in that style?
Old 2008-02-12, 10:13   Link #19628
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

What was that... that... tha... that

WIN

I just saw?!?!?!?!?!?!
That... Is my new favorite fantasy toy

Quote:
~First loves die hard.~

*RUNS!*
Not first love... =_=

Nevermind, new love is more engaging

*points to sig*

Quote:
WIN!!!

Good thing he didn't leave it open...

Quote:

BLOODY AWESOME WEAPON!!!
Too bad it's hard to use

Quote:

Spoiler:

Oh, and count this as a appetitiser scenario. The main course is too spoiler-ish. :3
Well, at least it's not my fault...

...Or IS IT ?!

*cue Suspense music*

Quote:
You're making it sound that Aurion is not an interesting character without HAXX... So you mean my characters are bland and boring without outofthisworldliness, huh?

*sulks in a corner*

Would the changes affect Rebuilt, BTW? If you want, you can keep the old profile for RevivalS if it isn't scrapped yet (as well as Rebuilt, if needed). I can just make a new profile and place it in a separate section. Do note that I'm going with this version starting now...
There there...

...Admitting the problem is the first step!

Quote:
Reminds me of Black Cat, Sven to be precise.
Oh yeah...

These days all I can think about from that story is Eve/Leon...

(Then I started reading To-LOVE-Ru -Trouble-...)

Quote:
To be honest, I've always found these 'weapon-pimping' displays upon obtain of DMC a little corny.
Wet blanket.

Quote:
Which in the end... is only 6.
But it's the thought that counts!

Quote:
The entire Rein transportation makes no sense on various levels, as Nanoha has been seen flying faster then the heli. When Dieci fired her cannon, the heli couldn't aoid it, but Nanoha was able to get to the heli before Dieci's beam hit, which would mean Nanoha was faster then the beam, which would mean Nanoha is faster then the heli.
I tried to defend it...

Tried.
Old 2008-02-12, 11:14   Link #19629
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's late, I'm tired, and I lost a backlog breaker I was working on due to a crash. I have no intentions of breaking, so I wil put this up. I have no more energy and am tired and worn out from being sick and having to go to chinese new year visiting and eating crappy food at relatives places. (I swear, they've never heard of salt and pepper or spices.)

This is an overview/summary of the OFM. It was written over a period of 24 hours in spurts of 10 minutes here and there due to the fact that life hates me and conspires against me.

Spoiler for Briefing Document:

This is long and more than 2000 words. 2000 words is doable. I spent less than 2 sustained hours on this, iff all the little spurts were added up.

Quote:
Wait for the day when a AAA mage beats an S rank mage at his/her own game.
Franz: "Who do you think I am?" *squirts Health Drink up sleeping Vita's nose*
[Franz Has mastererd Squirting Juice Up Nose.]
Vita: *spasms*
[Vita has mastered Drinking Through Nose]
[Franz pwned Vita with Health Drink for 14000 XP]

Franz: "And THAT is how you pwn when you're weaker."
Signum: "That wasn't in the rules."
Franz: "Do you really care, Signum?
Signum: "No."

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-03-13 at 08:58.
Old 2008-02-12, 11:32   Link #19630
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I just noticed this one:

Quote:
Dark Keroko: Sounds perfectly delectable!

Angry dragon is Hungry dragon.
Geh, dammit Kha! You just had to say that after I watched the Hunter Exam part of Hunter X Hunter, didn't you? Now I can't shake the image of Dark Keroko pulling a Hisoka out of my head.
Old 2008-02-12, 11:57   Link #19631
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Quote:
*notices Aaron chilling in the corner with both Tohkiha twins*

As much as I think you're currently the luckiest man in the thread for the above situation, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!

[SPOILER="Subaru, Queen of Braves"]Subaru, Queen of Braves

*runs*

I woke up at 6:15, booted my PC up, and XMMS loaded. The song that was playing was Yuusha-no Tanjo. I checked Ssuki, and found hotblooded Genesic SuBaRu. I am
happy, amazed, awed, and many other emotions.

Well, just a comment. sudo -s ./crackbusting
password ****************
Welcome to Crackbusting. Start Y/N? Y
Crackbusting...

WildGoose
Spoiler for OFM Data:

They sound like what I want my unit to be. I may have a crossover Idea for you, if you are willing to work with me on them. Their weapons seem illegal though, I thought we banned mass weapons ages ago.

Tormenk
Spoiler for *Missile*:

See, this is how you show a genuine tragic event. I mean, its nice, sudden, and horrible.

Kha
I found this for you.

More to come later.
Old 2008-02-12, 12:06   Link #19632
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
They sound like what I want my unit to be. I may have a crossover Idea for you, if you are willing to work with me on them. Their weapons seem illegal though, I thought we banned mass weapons ages ago.
Yes, the weapons are illegal. Yes, the Order still uses them. For further explanation, click here. Unlike ATC, this is approved because the Order's conventional banned weapons are for the most part limited to infantry small arms (and Gatlings for the Warthogs) and are all kept on the Aus'ruf, hidden away from the eyes of the TSAB Brass. What the brass doesn't know can't hurt them. When not on a mission, their weapons are kept locked up; it's like how Delta Force & SEAL Team Six/DEVGRU keep their guns all locked up when they aren't deploying. Their Devices stay with them, of course.

And I'm open to the idea of a cross. PM me.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-12, 12:08   Link #19633
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
I just noticed this one:

Geh, dammit Kha! You just had to say that after I watched the Hunter Exam part of Hunter X Hunter, didn't you? Now I can't shake the image of Dark Keroko pulling a Hisoka out of my head.
I wonder if it was his timing, or yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Ashcroft: Excellent, if slightly underhanded tactics...I'm not sure if a B+ ranker like me could try that, though...

Xena: B+? don't make me laugh! Acous: blatant, while officially recognised lies...

Ashcroft: *vein pops* Chained Array ZER-oh, wait, that would just prove your point. *cools down*

*Damn, and we were so close too!!!!*

Quote:
I think there were also Ultralisks amongst the ones that attacked Kerrigan in that mission
Factual errata, conceded. (dang, what's with me and Blizzard these days...our relationship is as bad as Lowe's is with the radio! )

Quote:
I hope that green fog is to improve the ambience
Of course, it'll improve the ambience of hell by a nice bit. Green's a nice change from all those hot colors, eh?

Quote:
Asagi: Na...na...na... nani yo?!?!

You're planning to do something bad aren't you?! You're planning to *beep**beep*beep**beep*....
Ashcroft: Now let's see what would fit into those 4 blanks...hmmm, this sounds too hotblooded for me, but that's all I could think of in the 0.02 seconds I bothered to think about my answer for.

"kick some hotblooded butt".

Quote:
I think someone here needs to integrate humanoid Graf-Eisen into his plans to make this WICKED IDEA happen

*runs*
I had a picture of humanoid RAISING HEART before, but Graf Eisen...

Quote:

OHSHI-

Now we know why we missed you... your Godly Crack blows my feeble mind

So 47 killed Tiida?
If you're asking me to believe that 47 made it as a intergalactic traveller, I have one thing to blame...TSAB security lax-ness.

--------

Oh, well, I suppose all good things come to an end, even if for a while.

I just had a quick look at my school's campus calendar, and noted some things with interest, such as a rather excruciatingly long series of tests lasting through the next few weeks, and the due dates of projects hanging over those exams like the Black Death.

Therefore, my existence around here shall become a little more...infrequent from now on till a certain unspecified time, possibly a month later. Though that means the backlog will be rather intolerable by then, I guess academia matters more here.

Rest assured though, [Arnie]I'll be back [/Arnie] and I'll be back with OCs (including borrowed ones), CCs (I'll be chaning their spells a little, sometimes things DO get bland, and those Hayate spell forges hanging around them were truly inspiring) and perhaps even some scenarios and the semblence of my first fic.

I ed at PF's Bluecheese stats, and I doubt I could produce something as crazy as that, but well, I'll learn, or at least die trying.

So, till the next time I'm actually free to use this thing again, turrah!

*logs out*
Old 2008-02-12, 12:52   Link #19634
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
krisslanza

Have your magic be subject to the inverse square law. I mean, the more you collect, the greater the spheres grow, and have them have a natural gravity. After all, magic is energy, and large balls of energy tend to explode if they grow greater than a critical mass. Therefore, have it subject to explosion after a certain diameter measurement, and have that explosion affect your character, as your are using some MP to contain it..

So... In English that means essentially there is a limit to how many would form until it'd get dangerous or... Something?
Off-hand I got the entire rip of the YUPSP music and Russel's new battle theme sounds pretty awesome... Think I'll use it while writing anything Rune-related today maybe.

Quote:
Nicely done child
So I'm a child now?

Quote:
No rush
Saying that just makes me always put it off longer... I have a bad habit of lets say writing 3 or 4 chapters in like 2 days... Then suddenly take a month or more to get anything else done I have chronic writer's block

Quote:
Creator of the Gundam series. known for killing off large amounts of characters (even the entire universe in one non-Gundam series, Ideon) at times; which carnered him the nickname, "Kill'em all Tomino."

BTW, he's one AWESOME producer.
Ah I see
Can't resist.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Sorry... I'm in a tight schedule...
I read it now. And damn, Fate sure still has a lot of fight there!
Ah the evil schedule...
Indeed, it wouldn't be Fate otherwise eh!? Only Nanoha can take all the fight out of her...

Quote:
Aurion is similar with regard to that. Suggestion. She STILL uses her Linker Core's energy to collect mana, even if just a bit. She runs out of mana = no more Dying Souls. Some other damage is nice too.
And here I thought I stumbled on something original.
I'll keep that in mind... As it stands now she only suffers some damage if she uses her totally Ichigo Bankai-inspired spell I haven't named yet.

Quote:
Okay, so I'm having trouble wrapping me head 'round this. How is this exactly useful? The way I read this, the cartridges expended are used to create collection hubs to gather more energy. It's like.... expending cartridges to get cartridges(?).

I wouldn't be so concerned with limitation, so much as finding a way to make this useful when there's a working boost system in place. I think, it would be useful, if they could be chained. Expend carties, gain nodes, use nodes to make more nodes, multiply node level, charge nodes to max, then unload monster spell with a fraction of the strain. (Given prep time.)

The way I can see it having drawbacks, is that this mechanic would be time consuming, and stand out like an airraid siren in a mime academy. But allow for a cascade of an extremely high ranking attack normally not available to low class mages.
Well originally the Dying Soul spell (Working name) was a spell she had to cast by expending cartridges. But I felt that was kind of wasteful since she naturally doesn't use much magic without using the Dying Souls (Aside from some melee spells and such)

So I thought it would be cool to instead turn the Dying Souls into a passive trait of hers so that they would form independently of her will. Of course the problem is she'd end up amassing a huge quantity of them just by going about her daily business without some way to restrict them. And by that same logic they should then naturally form pretty slow she'd have no way to replenish them effectively in a battle.

But of course the overall idea of them is as you said. So she can use higher level magic then her mage rank states. Of course that comes with all that lovely stress on your body so its not like she'd just use it all too much...

I didn't miss anyone did I?
Old 2008-02-12, 13:17   Link #19635
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... Junkie.

*Shake head*
I am not a junkie!

*peers around for more OC crack*

Quote:
Don't tempt me. :3
Now why would we ever want to do that...

*slips Kha more crack*

Quote:
WHY THE HELL DOES THAT COMPUTE SOOOOO MUCH?!?!?!?!?
It's best not to ask why. You're brain might explode. Just accept it and move on

Quote:
*Kha Divine Shield and Righteous Defences Keroko, causing the Hydralisk to attack him*
*Casts Renew and Prayer of Mending on Kha*

Quote:
Now THAT's a sight to see Both so sadistically evil, going at full power at each other, letting their raging passions wild, and no holding back until the... climax

*RUNS*
Is...is this the Climax scene?

Quote:
Asagi: Henshin da? As in...
Julie: Henshin?
Mayura: Did someone say Henshin?

Belkarangers: DEMO PLEASE!!!!!
Ryotaro: Um, I guess I could...

Quote:
"There goes another city..."
"At least it wasn't another moon..."

Quote:
More like....

Taiga: *raises TITANIUM HEAD DRIVER into the air*

FINAL FUSION!!!!!!!

SHOOOOUUUUNIN!!!!!!!

YESSSSSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Akira kills LoweGear, Evangelion Xgouki and USB500 with Heroic Akira Kick.

Akira: you perverts stay away from her! Chelsea-chan belongs to me! *zealously hugs Chelsea* MINE! :3
*is kicked off into the distance ala Kentaro*

Quote:
CRAZY?!?!?!

Wazzut, is it delicious?
Yup, very delicious

Quote:

To think I turned Subaru VS Ginga into Genesic Subaigar VS Ginfighgar.

*runs*
As if you weren't expecting something like that to happen here

Quote:
Human female? Check. Large potential? Check.

Newtype Psionic? Double Check.

*runs*
Beam spamming Zerg are scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Aw, hell. You people are always urging me to "become one of them". Aw, man, I ran out of ideas.

Why is my inner voice telling me to turn The Aggressors into a Super Sentai? In before Gilliam's Superior Loveshack.
Inner Voice: The crack compels you...the crack compels you...

Quote:
Evangelion Xgouki

Stop with all the zerg, its not fair to have to blast you from far away...

Nove: Have some of this! MP Gun Knuckle!

Nove uses Gun Knucle on Zerglings

Numbers Decimate Zerg Numbers

And now. END!
*buried Lurkers incapacitate Numbers*

*Nydus Canal releases Ultralisk reinforcements*

Do not underestimate the Swarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I can see this too:

Dr. Psychologist: Okay... before we start our session for today, we have two new friends with us today... introduce yourselves.

Cerebrate Zasz: I am Zasz, the ever faithful Cerebrate of the Overmind...

Cerebrate Daggoth: I am Daggoth, the ever faithful Cerebrate of the Overmind...

Dr. Psychologist: Okay... your turn old guys...

Jim Raynor: Jim Raynor, Ex-Mobile Infantry, leader of a ragtag group of Terrans... this here Protoss is my buddy... *points to next individual*

Zeratul: I am Zeratul, follower of the Void, a Dark Templar of the Protoss...

Dr. Psychologist: Hmm... okay... now, shall we begin our anger management session then?

*in another room*

Saint X: This is cracky...

Andrei: You can say that again...

But cracky is good

Quote:
Creator of the Gundam series. known for killing off large amounts of characters (even the entire universe in one non-Gundam series, Ideon) at times; which carnered him the nickname, "Kill'em all Tomino."

BTW, he's one AWESOME producer.
Tomino is AWESOME!!

And so is Anno

Quote:

Spoiler:

MORE!!!

Quote:
[CENTER]STARS-03
Rebuilt of Subaru

*runs*

KITAAAA!!!!!

I think I found the perfect video to commemorate this...

And just for the HOTBLOOD

Old 2008-02-12, 17:00   Link #19636
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Introducing Cooper, clone of Coop, and his Device, 'Key'.

Spoiler for Cooper and Key:

I'm going to refference Cooper's assistant, 'James', later. Also, POWERTHIRST gag is coming up very soon in this scene. I wonder what Reinforce is like after you give her a caffiene loaded energy drink...

*Notes everyone's looks of ' ' *

I'll be going now... BYE!
Spoiler for Drops Flares and books it:
Old 2008-02-12, 18:48   Link #19637
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
I'm going to refference Cooper's assistant, 'James', later. Also, POWERTHIRST gag is coming up very soon in this scene. I wonder what Reinforce is like after you give her a caffiene loaded energy drink...

*Notes everyone's looks of ' ' *
You mean Rein or Rein II? Rein I I have no earthly idea, but I would wager it involves temporary insanity.

Rein II would fly around nonstop at high speed, squeak like a hyper guinea pig, and generally be somewhere between "strangle her" and "awwww!"

And there's a definite abundance of crack floating around recently

Last edited by LimitedEternal; 2008-02-12 at 19:14.
Old 2008-02-12, 21:13   Link #19638
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Caramelldansen

Quote:
STARS-03
Rebuilt of Subaru

*runs*

Ga-Ga-Ga! Ga-Ga-GaoGaiGar!! Ga-Ga-Ga! Ga-Ga-Ga-Ga-GaoGaiGar!!

Excellent remake is excellent. I am speechless.

Mmm..... Viral......

==================

Quote:
I don't even remember him much, just that he was an Aggressor
Ah, I see.

Quote:

I think I now prefer the Huckebein Sentai

*runs*
All versions of the Huckebein? Oh, boy, I think I can see Asagi going gaga at them.

In before....

Original: *cheesy pose* Ikuzo, Huckies!!!
EX, 009, Mark II, Mark III: *equally cheesy stances* OU!!!!

*insert cheesy super sentai music*

Original: Remote Slash!!
EX: Black Hole Kai!!
009: Boosted Shoot!!
Mark II: Gravity Impacter!!
Mark III: Geist Sword!!

*insert cheesy super sentai SFX*

All: *cheesy pose* Huckebein Rangers!! YATTE YARUZE!!

Yeah, I know.

*runs*

Quote:
I need to slog through a few PM's first

Quote:
Asagi: Masaka... Sonna....

Chief...

CAN I TAKE YOU HOME?!?!?!?!!?

Julie: At this rate she'll take home the entire Bureau...
Mayura: Sempai
Oh boy.

=====================

Quote:

Hey, I remember this scene!

Last edited by USB500; 2008-02-12 at 21:16. Reason: adding some colourings...
Old 2008-02-12, 22:00   Link #19639
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Oh, in that case, you just didn't get it then.

That weapon can be a chain gun, a bow-Bazooka , a tri-barrel Bazooka, a giant laser cannon, a triple-bladed disk, a multi-rocket Platform, and 660 other different weapons.

Of course, for balance purposes, we only get to use those 6...
...so it's a suitcase which has 666 different weapons?

It doesn't take a genius to see the HAXX in that...

Quote:
I'd rather have to object to that concept of a 'Universal Origin Language' there, or at least the explanation. I can understand English and German being somewhat distantly similar, but Japanese? The grammar and syntax is so drastically different, that as it is it's hard to translate Japanese into English without losing the inflection or some nuances of the phrase, (as, to roughly simplify it, Japanese syntax is the reverse of English) and I don't think a universal language as you describe it would be be understandable in the manner just portrayed.

Had such been the case, the team would most likely hear a language that seems familiar, but they wouldn't be able to understand it, if it's structure is so complex that Japanese-style and English-style grammar are syntax are incorporated, which really wouldn't mix that well in the first place. And that's not yet taking into account the difficulty in deciphering the basic meaning behind each word and its nuances.

Considering the hundreds or even thousands of years the bot seems to be, a 'master language' such as that would've long fractured into various localized dialects by the evolution of culture and historical events that would've made it nearly unrecognizable to a future speaker.

Oops, went into rant mode
In most cases, I invoke the MST3K Mantra for explanation of languages.

In other cases, however...

Spoiler for Read On...:

You understand that, right?

Quote:
Isn't Freya the shy, nice one?

But as to my favorite... Both?

*runs from more snipers*
Well, I suppose BOTH is a valid option...

Quote:
For compliance's sake, and the fact that alot of use are already using it, not to mention convenient, at least I'll stick to using that system
All Hail the MST3K Mantra!

Quote:
Turing: Now don't be hatin' on the original now, just because it's cooler than you

Cooler? That thing?

<laughs>

Quote:

Lucifer... This is my favorite new arms... Even though I still can't use it right yet...

P.S - And Yes, it actually comes with a rose, NOT. KIDDING.

P.P.S - Pay attention to what Dante says

...Wow. Just wow.

And interpret THAT how you will...

Quote:
Grandis: Looks like you finally accepted my seniority, brat.
Arcas: Seniority in AGE ONLY, Pops. I'm STILL the better mage.

Quote:
*taps chin* Hmm, if its 71 then he probably would have been there (most likely he joined after their first massive succes mission, concidering he's not much of a screwup) Zerg were fought somewhere in early 71.
Ah. So, MC0071 joint campaign w/Protoss on Aiur is workable, yes?

Quote:

Is Franz going to become the "Vita Master"?
Old 2008-02-12, 22:18   Link #19640
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Post Chapter 3 of "The 12th Magical Assault Team"

Well, I finished Chapter 2 , and I would just like some others to review me on this.

Cocktail Dresses and the Silent Service Complete. Chapter 3 of the
12th Magical Assault Team

Spoiler for Cocktail Dresses and the Silent Service:

Spoiler for Part 2 Real, Poltics, and the Silent Service:

XenahortCharybdis
That Roland? I thought you meant The Song of Roland, which had the sword Durandal... Oh god, Chrono's Ancestor....

krisslanza

Yep. That is what I mean, sorry for my Techno-Babble there

AdmiralTigerclaw

Spoiler for Coop..er:

This is going to be very interesting. I am half tempted to make a Ryusei clone as his rival...

Ryusei: "Mecha are very boy's hobby!"

Reiji Tabibito
The Pentacostals are the ones who speak in tounges

Also, why don't you use that power as his innate magical ability. It uses less HAX, concerning the power of Nanohaverse.

Backlog broken? It has been done? I fought the power?

Last edited by Ryand-Smith; 2008-02-12 at 22:27. Reason: Fixing Tags, Titles, and small bugfixes
Closed Thread