AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-10, 05:24   Link #61
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

She is childish as hell...Totally deserves a punch in the face.Even more annoying than World Noble guys! hope she has something special rather than relying over her beauty/curse..Because she is obvously the less impressive shichi so far for me...Hope Mihawk,Blackbeard,Jinbei,Donflamingo has better stuff in future.
Espically for Jinbei, I dont want anymore goofy characters for the final revealing shichibukai, personally I think Jinbei should be even more brutal/racist than Arlong..Maybe Luffy and Jinbei's final fight may settle the final word over all this racism business covering the New World.Since the theme is whale/shark I have prepared myself for a ridiculously gigantic,funny whale/human hybrid appearence already....But I just hope his attitudes are not "over-relying on things" like Boa/Moria
Old 2008-10-10, 06:23   Link #62
noktown

I actually think that Luffy's going to take out those girls pretty easily,in fact i think he is not going to attack them with all he's got but just to gently knock them out xD,because if they were surprised seeing him taking out that Bacura in 1 hit then there is prolly noone that can do that(w/o haki ofcourse).
Although he may be surprised a couple of times if they use haki.
Too Bad we didn't get to see what's on her back...
And that sux that no OP next week :/
Old 2008-10-10, 06:47   Link #63
Darmill

I don't think it's a tattoo on Boa's back. If we think about Nami's Arlong tattoo which could be easily replaced by another one, there is no reason for Boa hiding her back all the time. If she doesn't want the doctor or whoever it is to reveal her secret, she could just kill him.
Old 2008-10-10, 08:11   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
PS: Boa can't be Luffy's mother. Older sister is the closest she can be

The thing is, we don't know Hancock's exact age yet. She may look quite young, but she could very well be in her late 30's/early 40's. As was mentioned in another thread, appearances can be deceiving when it comes to age in this series. Just look at Brooke!

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention this, but I actually find it kinda funny that Hancock doesn't recognize Luffy's face, considering it's become quite well known since Enies Lobby. I wonder if we'll get a reaction out of her when she hears his name.....
Old 2008-10-10, 11:06   Link #65
Paraden1989

i think it would be cool to see Luffy defeat Boa; then as he leaves he meets up with Momonga, and Momonga tries to recruit Luffy as the new 7th warlord! =) i'm not expecting it to happen because i want Luffy to become one of the worlds most wanted men! and it wouldn't fit the story if he went to go fight whitebeard.
Old 2008-10-10, 12:20   Link #66
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The alabasta incident was known by the ROYAL FAMILY... any self-respecting newspaper would have been sure to get a word in from the royal family about what happened. But nothinf about the strawhats made it to the news.
Even if the press would inquire with the royal family, I doubt they would divulge any of that information.

Quote:
Is it hard to believe that the government have full control over the press? If the government doesn't want the press talking about the noble incident then the press is NOT gonna talk about it... The island can talk and gossip all the want, but you won't see such info hit the news without a good amount of a cover up from the gov't if the gov't deems it necessary... frankly, a lot of the truth might end up getting written off as exaggerated rumors by those that hear of it and we not actual witnesses.
Control over the press? Sure. As I mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised of newspaper censorship.
But control over widespread rumors? Nah.
I never said it would make it to the papers, but the rumors would still spread. Whether people believe it or not is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really think it could be a tattoo... at least not a manmade tattoo representing some logo or the like.
Why? Because there would be no point in hiding it, if this were the case! Let's assume she has a Whitebeard-Logo, or a WG-logo on the back... why should she hide it? The people of this island are completely isolated and wouldn't recognise the tatoo anyways, so she could tell them whatever she wants, starting with "it's just there because it looks good".
The kuja crew would recognise it though. And if it was something like a WB tattoo, it would mean she was the underling of a man which would probably be somewhat of a scandal. Not to mention they would discover that the gorgon story is a total fabrication. Still, I'm inclined to think it's something completely different and unexpected.

Perhaps the sisters all have some mark and Luffy recognizes it from his mother. Not sure to what degree Luffy ever knew his mother though, since there's never been any mention of her at all. Which in itself means that anything is possible. Also, I can't imagine Boa sticking around long enough for Luffy to have such knowledge of her. Maybe there was a 4th sister also with the mark? Then the sisters would be his aunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
i think it would be cool to see Luffy defeat Boa; then as he leaves he meets up with Momonga, and Momonga tries to recruit Luffy as the new 7th warlord! =) i'm not expecting it to happen because i want Luffy to become one of the worlds most wanted men! and it wouldn't fit the story if he went to go fight whitebeard.
Yeah becoming a Shichibukai doesn't suit him. And Momonga doesn't have the authority to make such a decision, he could only make a recommendation for it at best.

I'm hoping Luffy blurts out what he saw while fighting the amazons, which might cause a big shock. I'm guessing that granny Nyon will somehow get involved too, she could have her suspicions about Boa.

As for Luffy's fight with the sisters, they might be tougher than you'd think thanks to using haki for offense/defence. Plus their snake forms could have some nasty abilities such as poison attacks. Still, I have little doubt they'll get their ass kicked.

Last edited by Trax; 2008-10-10 at 12:45.
Old 2008-10-10, 17:27   Link #67
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I'm thinkin (just wild speculation here) that if Hancock is Luffy's mom as some have theorized, maybe the tattoo is that of Dragon's Revolution Army. Maybe Luffy or someone who helped raise him has the same tattoo and that's why he recognizes it.

Maybe Dragon is into some kinky stuff in the bedroom and it's not a tattoo but a "brand".
Old 2008-10-10, 17:40   Link #68
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
By far the best part of this weeks manga was Luffy's anger over Hancock's betrayal of her nakama. It was totally expected, but using his anger over her actions I feel that Hancock's sisters are going to get their asses handed to them, followed closely by a beat down of Hancock, possibly involving a new attack (Gear Four).
In all honesty Hancock is the worst leader of a country known for strong women. She relies totally on her beauty to get anything done, and then pities herself when it doesn't work. She better come up with some new ways to fight or else Luffy won't have any competition (the battle will look like this ).
I question why Oda put the old empress into the story. What signifigance does she carry. This idea might be farfetched, but if she ends up aiding Luffy in the fight that she becomes a new nakama? She is old, but Luffy is known to do crazy stuff sometimes.

I'm not sure why Oda took a break this week, but if you see anyone on a street corner with a help sign

that is me...
Old 2008-10-10, 17:43   Link #69
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Oh also, Luffy's recognition of Hancock's back makes the most sense if it is Whitebeard's mark, I doubt he even saw Dragon's tatoo when he visited him at Loguetown, and Luffy has seen Ace much more than his father...
Old 2008-10-10, 18:04   Link #70
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post
I question why Oda put the old empress into the story. What signifigance does she carry. This idea might be farfetched, but if she ends up aiding Luffy in the fight that she becomes a new nakama? She is old, but Luffy is known to do crazy stuff sometimes.

I dunno about her joining him, but I have a feeling that Nyon will educate Luffy about Haki. An experienced warrior like her would be the best candidate to teach him the exact nature of Haki at this point....
Old 2008-10-10, 19:12   Link #71
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post
I'm not sure why Oda took a break this week, but if you see anyone on a street corner with a help sign

that is me...
I'm not sure either. In fact Oda seems to be taking breaks on certain occasions that are inoppertune to us. The only reason I'll accept the wait will be because he'll have more time to make more chapters and turn them in on time. I know from experience that when I had homework from school I try to get it done as soon as possible.
Old 2008-10-10, 19:13   Link #72
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I also think that this chapter should've defused any notions that Luffy may become romantically involved with any character in the future... i.e. Nami.
Old 2008-10-10, 23:09   Link #73
AdventSleeper

I agree Tommy, after seeing " the most beautiful woman" naked in the bath and being unaffected, I don't think there is any hope for him. XD
Old 2008-10-11, 05:51   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

He wasn't unaffected by Nami's boobs though.

Maybe he was so impressed by them that other nudity doesn't faze him anymore. XD

Last edited by Trax; 2008-10-11 at 17:15.
Old 2008-10-11, 08:49   Link #75
patnam

looks like Hancock doesn't know Luffy had beaten 2 shichibukai(s) before.....
Old 2008-10-11, 17:36   Link #76
neoeagle

it is official

it is official .Luffy doesn't give a shit about women. He might be gay *joking joking*
Old 2008-10-11, 18:24   Link #77
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
He wasn't unaffected by Nami's boobs though.

Maybe he was so impressed by them that other nudity doesn't faze him anymore. XD
That makes me think: Did Nami ever show her nudity to Luffy in the Manga version of the Alabasta arc? I should hope so, of course someone ought to give nightmares to the other peepers.

Other peepers (if I recall correctly):

Sanji
Usopp
Chopper
Zoro
Eyelashes the camel
Carue (possible)
King Cobra

Needless to say, I hope Luffy defeats all three Boa sisters quickly so that he can find Nami as soon as possible despite Oda's breaks (preferably before Year 2009).

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2008-10-11 at 18:34.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:53   Link #78
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Oda's message at the end of the chapter was him apologizing for turning in this chapter late because of it NO ONE PIECE NEXT WEEEK!!
Old 2008-10-12, 09:41   Link #79
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
so after hes done with boa that will be 3 shichibukia hes defeated. damn luffy.

p.s. bonta kun that a rather....provacitive picture. lol
Yeah: It definitely must be, seeing as while you were thinking about it, you couldn't even spell 'provocative' right.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-12, 11:51   Link #80
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Oda's message at the end of the chapter was him apologizing for turning in this chapter late because of it NO ONE PIECE NEXT WEEEK!!
so oda is being punished?...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alright so it's official!-
-Boa and Luffy are related.-This is why her powers don't work on him. Luffy is a man. He got a hard-on when the females were playing with his thingy (i assume he did anyway) and if he didn't, there is no way he is gay. As a man, has interest in women-case closed.

Going back on what i wanted to happen earlier, i want him to beat the crap out of her.- with one punch. (ok, this might be a little to far fetched, but at least, he wont have any trouble with her because her powers don't work on him)

anywho- before this, i want him to beat the gordon sisters without breaking a sweat. ...,.,.

arghh, damn alright, re-do/. start over

-he first takes out the gorgon sisters with ease. he then hits boa with a gom gom pistol in the face. This renders her ugly and she has... wait, i just thought of something. what if her powers include a healing abiltiy-hear me out. the reason she is 'beautiful' is because whenever she gets harmed, her face/body regenerates back into her 'beautiful' form. this way even if she gets severe burns, she is still the same. This could go along with the 'snake' theme of the island. like, shedding her skin into a more beautiful form.

alright, im sticking to this. this is another part of her power.

so where was i before my rant about her powers? oh yes, evaluating the new power factor, luffy can do all he want to her but she won't be phased, at least not her body. She has the use of haki, but luffy will overcome this/ it could also be rendered useless. * She can still be hurt in the mind. and he can still restrain her if he wants. but jeez, now its gonna actually be a battle!

Im excited

*haki is something to do with the mind power one person hold over another right? like a will to beat someone in a way. Because she relies on her beauty to fight people and use her shureness to beat people, she probably has a great deal of haki, but since her beauty does not work on luffy her haki will be ineffective.

Last edited by Bari_Phillis; 2008-10-12 at 13:50.
Closed Thread