AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 07:05   Link #61
Qilin
Romanticist

Damn. I just finished translated novels 30 until 33.

If the series ended at this point, I would still be really happy, but fortunately, that isn't the case at all. There are still several novels left to enjoy (albeit untranslated) before I say my farewells to the world of Marimite. Of course, there are still a few plot hooks left unexplored, though they are relatively minor in comparison to the closure offered by volume 33.

Spoiler for A few loose threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I kind of missed their presence, makes me yearn about when they'll (I mean Studio Deen) bring up the possible final season. The saga never fails to chronicle about the girls' relationships and their lives, all the while I love to see Sachiko grow up.
It saddens me, but I don't think a fifth season will come. Maybe I'm making wild conclusions, but I think the fandom for this series is way too niche. Just getting a 4th season is an achievement most shows today could ever hope to gain.

If it did, it would probably only cover the content until volume 33 ("Hello Goodbye"), which is to say, nothing of Rosa Chinensis Yumi.

(btw, I'm mainly a fan of Yumi. Her character development has been amazing throughout the series while being a consistent source of its best comedic moments.)
Old 2012-05-22, 01:39   Link #62
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I wished someone who read the rest of the volumes to give us some info on each one

I also want to see yumis reign. Lol
Old 2012-05-22, 14:16   Link #63
Qilin
Romanticist

^ I take comfort in the fact that the translation project is still active, even if just barely.

With luck, I can force myself to forget about this now and come back in a couple of years to find the rest of the relevant novels translated in English. But honestly, if there was a series that could possibly convince me to learn the Japanese language, it would be this one.
Old 2012-07-29, 02:41   Link #64
Autumn Demon
~

Are the last four novels (after Hello Goodbye) being translated into English? This is my favorite series and I can't get enough of the light novels.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 05:22   Link #65
Sol Falling

Only one translator has been working on this series for a while, as far as I know, presently. I think I read that they only have raws up to Volume 33, so that's why for the moment they seem to be working on vol. 10. Nonetheless hopefully/I expect we will get translations for vols. 34+ eventually, or at least a decent summary.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:50   Link #66
Autumn Demon
~

Some of the raws of volumes 34+ have been available so I don't think that's it. But it's good to know someone is still working on the translations .
Old 2012-07-29, 20:37   Link #67
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I think vol34+ are mostly side stories.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:53   Link #68
Autumn Demon
~

I tend to like the side stories just as much as the Yamayurikai stories
Old 2014-07-22, 06:06   Link #69
Smillie

I have seen the last season of Marmite. So i would know the volume of the LN that i must read to continue.
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 06:18   Link #70
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smillie View Post
I have seen the last season of Marmite. So i would know the volume of the LN that i must read to continue.
You know ... there is sooooo much that the (admittedly quite enjoyable) anime adaptations of Maria-sama did not cover.

There is a lot that has been translated, and it is being translated very steadily (though not at break-neck speeds). You can find the volumes in English here: http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index....sama_ga_Miteru

Anyway, the last ep of the last season ended at the end of Volume 27 (of the 39 vols published) ... but there teensy bits hinted at from Volume 29 if I remember correctly?

Still though - the setting of Maria-sama is extremely detailed and the animes do a good job at a hearty immersion, but there is a lot more. So much that it is rather easy to get lost, actually. ^^
Old 2016-08-30, 03:57   Link #71
Pirkaf

I finished re-watching all seasons of the anime and then I finally decided to start reading the light novels. I started with volume 28 because I wanted to continue the story from anime (and as I checked, this is close to anime end). I must say that the light novel completely blew my mind, it's so much better than the anime, so deep and interesting stories, absolutely amazing.
Pirkaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 16:03   Link #72
zeross87

i'm sorry if it has been posted before but i'm too scared of spoiling myself to read the thread.

i'm currently readings the novels translated on bakatsuki but i noticied there are gap in translation (vol 12 missing, gap from 15 to 19...). is it ok to jump those not translated volumes and read the rest ?

as far as vol 7 where i am right now, each is its small separate small story and i dont think it would have spoiled me much to read them out of order. does it remain like this or will jumping from 14 to 20 kill my enjoyment of the novels ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 04:12   Link #73
Sol Falling

Volumes 12, 15, 17, and 18 are covered by Season 3 of the anime (the OVAs). Season 3 is excellent (as the anime is in general, though Season 3 is particularly so); I would highly recommend watching it.

Volumes 16 and 19 are conversely short story collections which are skippable in terms of continuity, yes.

The novels as a whole definitely have concrete threads of progression and character development, so reading them in order is important. Enn are (the primary translator working on the series) has been doing a fantastic job of filling in the gaps of untranslated volumes, but the 15-19 gap has unfortunately not been tackled yet. Much of the earlier translation effort was understandably guided by material which the anime omitted or incompletely covered, so as much as the situation is much better now, it is still recommended as a supplement for experiencing a complete story.
Old 2016-12-14, 06:32   Link #74
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Volumes 12, 15, 17, and 18 are covered by Season 3 of the anime (the OVAs). Season 3 is excellent (as the anime is in general, though Season 3 is particularly so); I would highly recommend watching it.

Volumes 16 and 19 are conversely short story collections which are skippable in terms of continuity, yes.

The novels as a whole definitely have concrete threads of progression and character development, so reading them in order is important. Enn are (the primary translator working on the series) has been doing a fantastic job of filling in the gaps of untranslated volumes, but the 15-19 gap has unfortunately not been tackled yet. Much of the earlier translation effort was understandably guided by material which the anime omitted or incompletely covered, so as much as the situation is much better now, it is still recommended as a supplement for experiencing a complete story.

I didn't really plan on wat the anime , I dont like switching media in the middle guess I'll have to wait for translation then :'(
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 07:34   Link #75
Sol Falling

Even at their fastest, I do not think you can expect the translations to exceed 3 volumes per year so in that case, you would be looking at a 2 year wait at minimum. It might be worth picking up the whole anime as a separate entity then; as much as I find the novels a richer experience overall, the anime does bring quite a lot with it with charming sound direction, animation, and voice acting.

Update:

Volumes 15-21 were previously translated by contributors at okazu.yuricon.com. They were removed first from okazu then from Baka-Tsuki at the original translators' request as a result of their move towards supporting licensed and original material to the exclusion of fan-translations.

However, the translations at Baka-Tsuki have at various points in time been compiled into various portable formats (PDF, EPUB, etc.) and archives of these are (at present) still floating around in various places. So it is possible to find translations of those volumes with a bit of web searching. I do not necessarily endorse circumventing the translators' intentions but, having previously benefited from those translations myself, I can possibly provide a link via PM for those interested.

Tags
cobalt bunko, light novels, shoujo