AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-01-19, 01:17   Link #681
Parry999

Wonder if Dulio's team can get new holy swords from Heaven. Plus scared gears from the kids that don't want them.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 02:48   Link #682
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Who do you think will win the RG between Tobio & Dulio? What are your reasons & who do you think is on Tobio's team?
I think Tobio is going to win, mostly because he has a connection with Vali that can lead to character development for the latter, it would be free advertising for Slash Dog, and Dulio already had the spotlight in volume 23.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 03:42   Link #683
Parry999

Having the man that beat the mc lose to the prequel mc would just make Issei look bad though.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 04:13   Link #684
Lex79

It was a match lost due to special rules and Issei has grown and obtained greater victories since then. I don't think it's a problem.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 04:31   Link #685
KnightShade

Plus it's a team effort.

i can see Vali being able to to equip his wyverns to arthur and bikou, as welll as being able to summon albion. given how sychronized most of vali and isseis forms are, this seems like a safe bet. However. bikou, le fay, kuroka and the other members of vali team besides fenrir/arthur need to make improvements. Vali team just seems too top heavy atm.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 14:20   Link #686
Ka-el

Honestly is since I started reading this novel that I have been waiting for one single damn plot: the ultimate battle, Issei's final fight which is....the moment the whole kuoh academy finds out about his harem!
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 21:43   Link #687
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
Plus it's a team effort.

i can see Vali being able to to equip his wyverns to arthur and bikou, as welll as being able to summon albion. given how sychronized most of vali and isseis forms are, this seems like a safe bet. However. bikou, le fay, kuroka and the other members of vali team besides fenrir/arthur need to make improvements. Vali team just seems too top heavy atm.
Well Ishibumi can only cover so many characters. He tended to do more telling than showing with Vali Team while not really showing them off as much as the main cast.

And Vali shouldn't be a direct copycat of Issei. And they're called 'Funnels' for Vali and it seems he can only utilize them in his DxD form.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 19:23   Link #688
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well Ishibumi can only cover so many characters. He tended to do more telling than showing with Vali Team while not really showing them off as much as the main cast.

And Vali shouldn't be a direct copycat of Issei. And they're called 'Funnels' for Vali and it seems he can only utilize them in his DxD form.
To be fair, the whole reason issei has wyverns to begin with is because he copied vali. It's only fair that vali should return the favor. even if he can only use them in DxD L, that would be an ability that would benefit his team a lot.

Also i'm pretty sure they were called wyverns for vali when he fought crom.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2019-01-21 at 20:24.
Old 2019-01-21, 01:50   Link #689
cyberdemon

Quote:
To be fair, the whole reason issei has wyverns to begin with is because he copied vali. It's only fair that vali should return the favor. even if he can only use them in DxD L, that would be an ability that benefit his team a lot.

Also i'm pretty sure they were called for wyverns for vali when he fought crom.
he didn't copy. He outright stole the ability lol
Old 2019-01-21, 12:28   Link #690
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The Wyverns are an Issei original. He took Divide. And the Wyverns are what Albion's power manifested as for Issei.

Albion never had any Wyverns or anything when he was alive.
Old 2019-01-21, 17:52   Link #691
Tyler.R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Right now Asia for sure but Tosca’s SG with no training and zero experience the first time it was activated was so strong that it lasted for years, blocking even her aging and granting her to survive without anything, frozen in time. If she becomes a Rook and learn how to use it and develop a BB then it could be very very interesting. Koneko’s specialty is to attack, having a defensive Rook would grant Rias more options in a RG. But she could also become a Bishop to enhance her barriers.

Anyway considering the situation with Issei and Rias peerages I guess that they will both find their second Knight in the same arc.

About Rias’s bishop at first I thought Valerie could fill that role but I doubt she can reincarnate a Longinus wielded with a simple Bishop. Rias is not that powerful on her own to obtain a Longinus user with a three pawn worth spot.

But if she could manage somehow to have both Valerie and Tosca in her peerage the healing and defensive power of her team would be incredible, especially if Valerie will develop her SG at its best. If just one of her BB could allow Marius to survive and regenerate with his upper body disintegrated, if she learn to use it on herself and on her comrades, the balance between offence and defence in her peerage would be truly OP.
I don't think that will happen because then it would be two people who would essentially be preforming the same role as Asia
Tyler.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 18:02   Link #692
Tyler.R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Who do you think will win the RG between Tobio & Dulio? What are your reasons & who do you think is on Tobio's team?
I think Tobio has a stronger team but Dulio is Stronger than Tobio so it depends on the rules for the game. And as for the argument that Tobio will win because it will have a bigger impact on the story for him to face Vali, I think that would take away from any conflict they have in the slashdog story. Also it has already been stated that Vali wants to fight Dulio and I think it could be interesting for Dulio to face both heavenly dragons.
Old 2019-01-21, 20:23   Link #693
KnightShade

Quote:
Pretty much
Quote:
The Wyverns are an Issei original. He took Divide. And the Wyverns are what Albion's power manifested as for Issei.

Albion never had any Wyverns or anything when he was alive.
Them being dragons is what issei came up with, but the entire concept originates from albion's power, hence why issei has to convert them from white to red. At the most Issei only came up with a new application for divide. But the minute vali used this application, his wyverns were not only more effective with albions powers but also have a wider range of abilities. This is why Him being able to equip his wyverns to vali team members is only a matter of time.
Old 2019-01-21, 21:37   Link #694
Lucidrago

Quote:
Pretty much

Them being dragons is what issei came up with, but the entire concept originates from albion's power, hence why issei has to convert them from white to red. At the most Issei only came up with a new application for divide. But the minute vali used this application, his wyverns were not only more effective with albions powers but also have a wider range of abilities. This is why Him being able to equip his wyverns to vali team members is only a matter of time.
Issei getting the Wyverns wasn't something he intentionally did himself. You act like Issei had that in mind when it was a result of Ddraig and Albion coming to an understanding and making peace with each other. Through that, the fragment of Albion's power that Issei had manifested as what we now know as the Dividing Wyverns Fairies and he also ended up unlocking one of Albion's sealed abilities. And Ddraig, Fafnir, and Vritra went into the depths of Divine Dividing to help Albion convince the past Hakuryuukou how to freely use Albion's power that Issei had within him. It was like Issei couldn't use the Wyverns which were able to use Divide and Reflect without their blessing(It's kind of confusing).
Old 2019-01-21, 23:22   Link #695
KnightShade

At the end of the day the original source of that power is Albion, which was my main point. I dont see Vali having to require the same pre requites to use the wyverns that way when he is already albions host.
Old 2019-01-21, 23:57   Link #696
Lucidrago

Quote:
At the end of the day the original source of that power is Albion, which was my main point. I dont see Vali having to require the same pre requites to use the wyverns that way when he is already albions host.
I'm talking about the Wyverns themselves not Albion's power. The power of Divide and Reflect belong to Albion but the Wyverns themselves are Issei's.

When Vali manifested his 'Funnels' in DxD L he said that he must have unconsciously been influenced by Issei and thus he had his Funnels in his DxD form.

@Tyler R How did you come to the conclusion that Tobio's team is stronger than Dulio's considering that the only people we know are on Tobio's team are Lavinia, Samejima, and Natsume. While we know 7 members of Dulio's team by name. And there are a bunch of other Brace Saints on his team.
Old 2019-01-22, 01:45   Link #697
Tyler.R

Quote:
@Tyler R How did you come to the conclusion that Tobio's team is stronger than Dulio's considering that the only people we know are on Tobio's team are Lavinia, Samejima, and Natsume. While we know 7 members of Dulio's team by name. And there are a bunch of other Brace Saints on his team.
Ok stronger was the wrong term I should have said better because they have two longinus users and have been working together for years and there teamwork was one of the things praised during the recap of the preliminaries.
Old 2019-01-22, 01:52   Link #698
Tyler.R

Quote:
You are right but I find it kind of funny that Issei stole some of Vali's powers when his main ability is to steal power from the person he is fighting
Old 2019-01-22, 09:29   Link #699
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler.R View Post
Ok stronger was the wrong term I should have said better because they have two longinus users and have been working together for years and there teamwork was one of the things praised during the recap of the preliminaries.
And the Brave Saints haven't?

Two Longinus. But then again Dulio has the second most powerful Longinus which can control weather and has a wide variety of uses.
Old 2019-01-22, 10:52   Link #700
KnightShade

Quote:
I'm talking about the Wyverns themselves not Albion's power. The power of Divide and Reflect belong to Albion but the Wyverns themselves are Issei's.

When Vali manifested his 'Funnels' in DxD L he said that he must have unconsciously been influenced by Issei and thus he had his Funnels in his DxD form.

The wyverns are only ‘his’ in terms of how they look, and him being the first one to manifest it (that we know of) but all the wyverns are is a new way of using albions power, hence why its called dividing wyvern fairy. Thats not a power that originates from issei himself. Draig having to come to an understanding with albion in order to have access to the power should tell u that. When vali talks about being influenced by issei, he means in terms how to use albions power