AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 07:04   Link #301
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLEY.. nooo...

Please be alive.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:10   Link #302
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
It seems the org constantly needs new ABs to make new AEs. Considering their losses over years (multiply 6 by # of half of the towns in south which totals to 600 or maybe more), it means they can produce at least 20-30 AEs from the blood and flesh of one AB. (Where do they find all these girls?) AEs all seem to have equal power, does it mean that yoma source is irrelevant in a claymore's strength?
I've investigated this and what I found was pretty interesting. Since post-time skipped, we have been shown that AB are actively hunted. What I think interesting is that all targeted ABs which we've seen so far are male (I assume that female AB has breast) and big. So I think the org might specifically choose AB which has above average power on purpose.

For those who think that Isley could followed the AEs, I suggest to look at when the ghost escaped from Riful. They escaped in separate direction and didn't emit Yoki. Even if Isley could follow one of them, others would already miles away. About using projectile attack in a long distant, they can even evade it in a point-blank. So I wonder if it has any different outcome for longer distant.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:15   Link #303
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i gonna barf if riful or rafaela/lucy takes out all abyssal eaters effortlessly when isely had a hard time and gettin' killed in the process. u.u
Old 2009-03-04, 07:20   Link #304
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilanimal View Post
it's funny how people wanted isley to die after the supposely unknown fate of Helen/Deneve months ago and now they are mourning his death ;p
well i'm not one of them... isley/priscilla/raki alliance all the way! booyakaa~a!
Old 2009-03-04, 07:24   Link #305
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i gonna barf if riful or rafaela/lucy takes out all abyssal eaters effortlessly when isely had a hard time and gettin' killed in the process. u.u
Read the last part of the chapter Rimuto tells Rubal that he's released AEs into the west but there guides and nothing more, and yes I do believe Riful will kill them effortlessly like Isley more than likely did when he frist fought them.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:32   Link #306
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Read the last part of the chapter.
sorry, i refuse to re-read again. lol i've only read it once and that'll be enough. ^^;
Old 2009-03-04, 07:39   Link #307
Bluehorsy

Where did they get Riful's flesh, or can the zombies sense without them.
Geez what's so great about the island - if I was Isley I would swim away and find another one to take over XP
Old 2009-03-04, 07:42   Link #308
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorsy View Post
Where did they get Riful's flesh, or can the zombies sense without them.
Geez what's so great about the island - if I was Isley I would swim away and find another one to take over.
As mentioned in this chapter, the ghosts recent encounter with Riful pieces of Riful's flesh were left after they cut some of her tentacles.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:48   Link #309
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I've always hated Isley because he was the person behind the deaths of Flora and Veronica but in this chapter, it proved that despite being an awakened being, there was still a part of him that remained human, he proved he had a heart and so i guess claymores don't completely become brainless savage animals when they awaken.

I'm quite excited for the next chapter too since Alicia( a very favorite of mine) is now on the move. Not that I want Riful to die though. This wil prove to be dangerous for riful since she might not be able to withstand the power of the AEs and dauf will definitely not be able to beat the controlled awakened Alicia. Can't wait for the next chapter.^_^
Old 2009-03-04, 07:49   Link #310
Newhope

Thats the problem with this chapter many are so upset with Isley dieing they haven't read it properly and missed things, it took me 2-3 time's for everything to make sense.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:59   Link #311
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
I've always hated Isley because he was the person behind the deaths of Flora and Veronica but in this chapter, it proved that despite being an awakened being, there was still a part of him that remained human, he proved he had a heart and so i guess claymores don't completely become brainless savage animals when they awaken.
I still fail to see how this is the case.

Everyone blames Isley for all the deaths in the north, yet had the organisation not intervened and sent all those Claymore in the first place there wouldn't of even been a battle (outside Isley vs Lucelia which was inevitable). While he had an army before the pieta invasion, had the organization kept all its forces where they were, there wouldn't be as many deaths

The organisation used this as an excuse to get rid of those it considering troublesome and if they hadn't of died in pieta the organisation would of sent them on suicide missions (like how the organisation attempted to get the male AB to kill Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare)

Keep in mind there was already a generation in the works so its obvious this was the organisations intent.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:00   Link #312
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I've investigated this and what I found was pretty interesting. Since post-time skipped, we have been shown that AB are actively hunted. What I think interesting is that all targeted ABs which we've seen so far are male (I assume that female AB has breast) and big. So I think the org might specifically choose AB which has above average power on purpose.
There aren't enough male ABs, are there?
Old 2009-03-04, 08:05   Link #313
zato_1one

I wonder why Isley always uses lance. He should use Claymore from the start. It looks a lot cooler!

"So in the end... I'm forced to resort to this" <-- I think this is very ironic in a sense that it looks like Claymore is actually his favorite and most powerful weapon after all. I guess it shows that in his final moment he still couldn't forget his past when he was still Claymore/human.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:09   Link #314
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
I still fail to see how this is the case.

Everyone blames Isley for all the deaths in the north, yet had the organisation not intervened and sent all those Claymore in the first place there wouldn't of even been a battle (outside Isley vs Lucelia which was inevitable). While he had an army before the pieta invasion, had the organization kept all its forces where they were, there wouldn't be as many deaths

The organisation used this as an excuse to get rid of those it considering troublesome and if they hadn't of died in pieta the organisation would of sent them on suicide missions (like how the organisation attempted to get the male AB to kill Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare)

Keep in mind there was already a generation in the works so its obvious this was the organisations intent.
Ok.....then I pretty much hate the organization too. XD. Well we still have to face the fact that claymores work for the protection of people(even if the org seems corrupt). Isley was still the one who planned to try and take over the city of Pieta. The city obviously had people. There was no other response the organization could have done besides send a full force of claymores despite knowing that they'd fail. At least people were saved and the claymores didn't die totaly in vain.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:10   Link #315
Bluehorsy

Thanks, now I remember. But I thought they were talking about a different AB this chapter.

First Teresa, then Clare and Isley? Getting a kid makes you silly, irrational and dead (unless your clare) - Clarice your turn next.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:11   Link #316
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Thats the problem with this chapter many are so upset with Isley dieing they haven't read it properly and missed things, it took me 2-3 time's for everything to make sense.

i read it properly and i think most people do understand, the problem is nobody expected his death to be like this and for an awaken being argueably the second strongest being in Claymore Universe, was defeated like this and most of it was not shown on screen! despite knowing that he did it unpurpose to help save Priscella/Raki.

for an awaken being, his death should of been more epic imo.

as for the AE guides that are for Riful, i guess the Org decided to take a more calculated approach against Riful since it took a long time to kill Isley with the same method. I am guessing they are trying to kill Riful more efficiently. Which is a good thing since Riful will not send her boytoy and the sisters fused being to fight alone like Isley did.

It is going to be interesting how Riful handles this method but i feel very strongly about that the Raphaela/Lucy being having a mind of its own and becoming a true powerful monster, turning against Riful in the process.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:14   Link #317
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
There aren't enough male ABs, are there?
What I actually want to say is that I think the org might wanted to target an above average AB. Not necessary that it has to be male though.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:16   Link #318
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
Ok.....then I pretty much hate the organization too. XD. Well we still have to face the fact that claymores work for the protection of people(even if the org seems corrupt). Isley was still the one who planned to try and take over the city of Pieta. The city obviously had people. There was no other response the organization could have done besides send a full force of claymores despite knowing that they'd fail. At least people were saved and the claymores didn't die totaly in vain.
Actually Isley didn't intend to take over Pieta, its where the organisation chose to make its blockade (which was more or less the only path out of the north due to the mountains), Isley had to go through Pieta to get to the South.

The organisation doesn't care at all about people (else it wouldn't be using the methods they do) ,every human on the island was brought over for being involved in the experiment by the org (whether forced to become a half yoma/awakened being, forced to become a yoma, used for food etc).

Its just a group who has a strong desire to win at any cost, theres no moral high ground they have over the descendants of dragonkin. Its more a "i'm better than you game" over who can create the strongest monters using people.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:20   Link #319
Bluehorsy

AmoreDoll: you make it sound as if the claymores absolutely loved their job and the org deserves a gold star
Old 2009-03-04, 08:28   Link #320
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

TOLD YA SO! Easley fought the Abyssal Feeders before this time. And now he is gone. I would have liked for him to monologue a little more about Raki and Priscilla though.