AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 05:17   Link #61
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Me Hope So Too...^^
It Seem There Not Much Fan For This Show In AS ...Only The Five Member.. : (
Old 2008-03-06, 08:33   Link #62
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Apterous
Apparently, it's not 11 episodes, its 9. That means the next episode is that last... *SNIFF*
Apterous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 05:31   Link #63
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

^I Wish If There Season Too..>.<
Ep 8 Wes Really Great And Awesome...^^
Spoiler for The Ep:

The Preview Look Great After All It The Last Ep >.<
Old 2008-03-09, 01:22   Link #64
ThoHell

Good finale.....Sister finally looked cute or cuter anyways. Anyways enjoyed the series!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 11:34   Link #65
Daisy

Oh my god, i've been gone for sooo long well right now i'm going to watch the last episode to see what the finale reveals!
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:53   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Due to tests and lack of time due to it I am a little back on this series (on ep 8 ) But I am indeed saddened by length of this series . I dont think there will be a second season true to the manga ( Gokusen 2 way maybe ) .... My question was it planned 9 ep or the ratings came to play .

OKAY I JUST CHECKED THE RATINGS AND I AM SHOCKED >________<

Its only for the Kanto region but still <.<
Old 2008-03-09, 13:28   Link #67
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

The Rating of Ep 8 Look Really Law ..Although is Really Good Ep..>.<
Old 2008-03-09, 13:32   Link #68
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Anything below 15 is low good series are 20-25 above .... Is saddening and heart breaking .... I can speculate and say this show was made 9 ep due to bad ratings
Old 2008-03-11, 14:45   Link #69
Daisy

Wow, I must watch really crap series' because most their ratings are between 10 and 20. I watch the last episode, it was like omg.
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 11:06   Link #70
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Ep 9 Is Out Raw Since A Week Ago ...I Wonder When The Sub Gonna Come Out
Oh ..I Want To See The Last Ep >.<
Old 2008-03-16, 00:11   Link #71
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I finally got the time to catch up on One Pound no Gospel . Out of these 8 ep I have watched if I had to nominate one as the best it would definitely be ep 7 . Ep 7 was very different from the rest the show in it core is a light hearted comedy with ample dose of drama thrown in . Ep 7 had heart .... not heart as in love but heart as in that of a lion . The drama was intense this is one of those moments where Rumiko writing grabs you by the collar and transports you into her world of characters .Though fictional you feel for these characters you laugh with them and at times you cry with them . Before you can grasp it you are already in a orchestra where Rumiko is the conductor extraordinaire .

And the funny part is the character development wasnt for the main character but a Secondary Character called Ueda . I can betcha, everyone who saw ep 7 was rooting for Ueda in there hearts when he faced the champion . this episode elevated the drama from a light hearted comedy to light hearted comedy which had a soul .

Ep 9 is suppose to be the finale and I hope it measures or even surpasses ep 7 . I heard this rumor as the series is cut short from 11--->9 the last un aired ep will be made into specials . Can anyone validate this claim
Old 2008-03-16, 09:00   Link #72
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I finally got the time to catch up on One Pound no Gospel . Out of these 8 ep I have watched if I had to nominate one as the best it would definitely be ep 7 . Ep 7 was very different from the rest the show in it core is a light hearted comedy with ample dose of drama thrown in . Ep 7 had heart .... not heart as in love but heart as in that of a lion . The drama was intense this is one of those moments where Rumiko writing grabs you by the collar and transports you into her world of characters .Though fictional you feel for these characters you laugh with them and at times you cry with them . Before you can grasp it you are already in a orchestra where Rumiko is the conductor extraordinaire .

And the funny part is the character development wasnt for the main character but a Secondary Character called Ueda . I can betcha, everyone who saw ep 7 was rooting for Ueda in there hearts when he faced the champion . this episode elevated the drama from a light hearted comedy to light hearted comedy which had a soul .

These Really Nice Words From A Big Fan

Quote:
Ep 9 is suppose to be the finale and I hope it measures or even surpasses ep 7 . I heard this rumor as the series is cut short from 11--->9 the last un aired ep will be made into specials . Can anyone validate this claim
I Would Like To Know Too...And When We Gonna See The Last Ep Sub >.<
Old 2008-03-17, 19:39   Link #73
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finale of this series is released I cant wait for the LvA to download . A huge thank you to [Massuki & Spork]
Old 2008-03-19, 23:56   Link #74
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

^Yay...Finally
Gonna See It NOW ^^
Old 2008-03-20, 04:54   Link #75
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

OMG...The Final Ep Was Really Great...Sister Angela Look Cute Without The Nun Outfit : )
Ah..I Want Another Season..>.<
Old 2010-01-29, 02:56   Link #76
tyciol
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apterous View Post
Massuki (http://www.massuki.com/je/) and Sailor Spork Productions proudly present...the One Pound Gospel drama! Weighing in at 11 episodes
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1167.html

So it was definitely cut down to 9 episodes from 11 originally slated right? Does anyone know at what point they announced this change? This was released March 17 in 2008 so I'm guessing 10/11 never showed up, especially since animeSuki lists the total at 9. Wikipedia does not give data on how many episodes, it is not even listed in the right side bar, only the OVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apterous View Post
an anime OAV picked up by Viz a long time ago, has finally been given the drama treatment
Speaking of the OVA, there doesn't seem to be any information about it on AnimeSuki. I am wondering: does this mean it was licensed for English release, or is it just that it is rare from 1988 and nobody has obtained a raw of the OVA to subtitle it?

I managed to read all 4 volumes of this series at my library, I had no idea it took over 2 decades for Rumiko to complete it! It's simple yet... it's very cool and a brief story can feel very satisfying, especially when compared to how her other longer series take so long to resolve.

Since the OVA was produced before she completed it, am I correct to assume (for those who know of its contents) that it is only based on the first volume or two she originally did in the 80s and not volumes 3 and 4 released in the 2000s?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote