AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 08:37   Link #21
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeyeth View Post

Toradora I've watched the first couple eps and it has ridiculously high productions values, it's hard not to like it. The female lead is cute but I really got a little turned off because I couldn't grasp the main character's personality. Is there anything to him besides the "look mean but is normal" thing or is he just another plain, normal guy?

no, he isn't plain and normal. he is a one of a kind abnormal being xD

well he he really is unique and i really like his character. looks mean but truly kind and gentle... almost feminine niahaha..

Toradora surely is a great recommendation. why not try clannad too and Ef series.

Ef tales of memories - makes you believe in the magic of love

Ef tales of melodies - tells will power makes miracles

nothing is impossible with love after all (in animes )

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-07-02, 23:52   Link #22
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I think Gift ~ Eternal Rainbow might suit your tastes considering the male lead is pretty entertaining and he's not the shy type that plagues most school life romance animes. Either way, just give it a try even if there are moe type girls, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-02, 23:53   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Sola, haven't seen it but it sounds and looks like the usual school romance (ie. Kanon, Clannad) so it depends if I can get into the main character/love interest.

True Tears, I actually just watched the first episode and I kind of liked it but the main love interest was the typical moe. Every time I watch these types of anime, I always end up rooting for the "side" girl

Harem anime, ya I like them but again, it depends entirely on the personalities of the main character/main love interest.
Don't make any assumptions about True Tears based on one ep - it's one of the most balanced "multiple choice" romances out there. A very, very good show and truly romantic. As for Sola, well - it could hardly be less the typical school romance. It's not the typical anything - it's highly original and hard to categorize.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:29   Link #24
Cipher

Quote:
Sola, haven't seen it but it sounds and looks like the usual school romance (ie. Kanon, Clannad) so it depends if I can get into the main character/love interest.

True Tears, I actually just watched the first episode and I kind of liked it but the main love interest was the typical moe. Every time I watch these types of anime, I always end up rooting for the "side" girl

Harem anime, ya I like them but again, it depends entirely on the personalities of the main character/main love interest.
The "side" girl? the secondary love interests? You may have confused who the main and the "sides" are. Although you might not like it due to the obvious differences it has with School Rumble...the plot is actually quite peculiar in a way that it'll turn in a different direction. Nonetheless, maybe that show isn't for you.
Old 2009-07-03, 09:34   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Do yourself a favor and watch True Tears more. It is awesome. Trust us on this.
Old 2009-07-03, 18:46   Link #26
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Seto no Hanayome

It's mostly comedy, but there's romance in it too. And the main character is GAR sometimes.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:28   Link #27
Utopian Platonist

I would recommend Suzuka for you. The main character is quite aggressive and a bit.. naive(You could call him a lot of things, but not meek or shy). The female lead has a reserved personality, sort of like a tsundere, but with no dere...

Other things you need to know: it's a high school romance mainly meant for boys(My thoughts were that the show screamed "Shonen" to me when I viewed it). Track and field plays a big role in the anime as well, although it is most definitely a romance first and foremost, with the track and field part being more like a plot device for the story to progress(Be warned you will have to sit through some competitions though). The characters are actually pretty realistic, IMO. Females aren't your idealized moe types, and the male lead certainly isn't idealized in any way imaginable(From a male viewer's standpoint of emphathizing with him or a females'). The main character sort of reminded me of myself at one time, young, obsessive, naive and over thought things to a painful extent. Because of this and the way the anime walks you through all of the main characters' thoughts and emotions, I thought it had value.

The animation is kind of bland, don't really expect to be blown away by the animation. The same can probably be said for the music. There's not much comedy either.

Nonetheless, I thought it was a decent watch. With a very original plot and character personalities which I haven't seen very often. If you're looking for a show without moe and a main character who will actually act on his emotions and be willing to make mistakes, this is something to check out.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:38   Link #28
Arkuatic

Yea I'd say youd get your moneys worth reading Kimi no Iru Machi; it tops the best romance anime/manga out there. I can't imagine its success if it were to be animated w/out production changes.

Theres also Kaicho wa maid sama- a very halarious romance comedy with an awesome male lead.

just a lil info; i was sketchy first about reading manga instead of watching anime(i don't read animated mangas though) but i found there are tons of amazing stories out there that you wont find on your computer screen animated. Should give these mangas a try as they are what most romance should be; great story and characters w/out the horrible/weak(forever weak) leads.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:44   Link #29
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
You might also try out Cross Game.

Kou is not the archetype male.

Nor is Wakaba the typical female love interest. (Nor Aoba for that matter.)
Closed Thread