AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-10, 14:22   Link #2001
Goggen

I think it might be jarring if they ditch the drama entirely at this point, but they should probably tone it down a bit. Keep it "light" drama. Because otherwise, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
any attempt to insert more serious drama could actually undermine what they did in the original season.
I wonder if they will use material for the second LN at all. If so there's potential for drama there, but nothing as "heavy" as the latter half of season 1.
Old 2013-06-05, 15:49   Link #2002
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Since then, there's been some discussion about the resolution of KyoAni's latest works. Anibin's work has concluded that Nichijou, Hyouka, and Chuunibyou was being drawn at a higher resolution than K-On!!, but at the same time, it's not fully HD (1080p) except for things like OP/ED (and the K-On! movie). But how does this relate to key animation sheets? Let's take a look at an image posted on the blog for one of the final sheets.

Even with the different angles/zoom, it's easily apparent that the newer sheets are much bigger than the ones used in the late 2000s for KyoAni. Anibin says they're around 955/1080, so it's not quite full HD, but enough that it's much higher than 720p.
Interesting development on the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! BDs. Looking at the "finishing" process (coloring in the drawn frames), I noticed that the size of each drawing remained consistent at 1834x1032. In layman's terms, it could be considered 95% full HD. Here's a screencapture of Maaya Uchida coloring a drawing of Rikka as proof.
Bringing this up once again now that I've had time to fully digest the latest Chuunibyou special feature. This volume's focus is on the actual "photography" (as it used to be called) where they add special effects and combine line art/background art/CGI into the final product. Looking at the size of the image the "photographer" used for the final image, I can now safely say that Chuunibyou (and likely Hyouka/Tamako Market) was filmed in 1080p full HD.

Anibin uses TV rips for their analysis, which does lead to some degradation as the signals are transmitted. There's also the fact that the director of photography for the series introduced a filter which blurred the lines from the hand-drawn images. Regardless, there is now no doubt that KyoAni was the first to produce a show in full HD (likely Hyouka, but no confirmation).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-06-08, 10:24   Link #2003
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

New K-ON! illustration in this month's Animedia...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
that pic clearly show the cast in the club room with only azusa wearing uniform...

new hope for new season of k-on???

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-08 at 12:14. Reason: switched to images tag
Old 2013-06-08, 12:14   Link #2004
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieftheodore View Post
New K-ON! illustration in this month's Animedia...

that pic clearly show the cast in the club room with only azusa wearing uniform...

new hope for new season of k-on???
It's definitely suggestive, with a catch-copy that refers to "wanting to meet again". It could be nothing, just a tie in with a re-airing, but if I had to speculate that it means more than that, I'd guess an OVA? I seem to recall interviews where they said that they felt things were basically complete with the movie, but I guess doing an OVA for one last pass wouldn't be too bad.

I'd still very much take it with a grain of salt.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:35   Link #2005
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I decided to look back on some old Kanon threads since there's talk of Mai, and I am just like that.

In this case, I checked the area right before Kanon 2006 aired and the anticipation was very interesting, besides containing ridiculous spoilers that would be unacceptable today. But considering what art people had of Kanon before 2006, and the quality of the 2002 adaptation which was umm... questionable, I can understand why people were so utterly anxious over 2006, and whether or not their treasured storyline would be animated in a nice fashion. And man, it would be the opinion of this poster that Kyoto Animation did really well with improving the designs though they did have trouble in Air. People were like posting images of stills immediately as they saw them. And indeed, I thought that Mai Kawasumi was definitely one of their more beautiful efforts. I guess seeing your favorites with proper chins for once is a achievement.

In many ways it felt like how a number of people approached Fate/Zero, now that their treasured franchise was being adapted by a budgeted studio (Not DEEN). Not that Kanon 2006 is on Fate/Zero's level or whatever, but I can see why Key fans treasure Kyoani as much as much as Type Moon fans treasure Ufotable.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-08, 12:45   Link #2006
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's definitely suggestive, with a catch-copy that refers to "wanting to meet again". It could be nothing, just a tie in with a re-airing, but if I had to speculate that it means more than that, I'd guess an OVA? I seem to recall interviews where they said that they felt things were basically complete with the movie, but I guess doing an OVA for one last pass wouldn't be too bad.

I'd still very much take it with a grain of salt.
It's also timed well for the talk show next weekend as well. I agree that it's unlikely to be anything of relevance. There was a random Nagato illustration in Nyantype advertising the Haruhi BD-Box the following July that was never relevant to anything in particular either.

Old 2013-06-08, 19:46   Link #2007
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a K-ON: The College Years series...
Old 2013-06-09, 00:01   Link #2008
Warm Mist

While I would totally enjoy it, I'd rather they not do any more K-On!, for the same reasons I'd rather they not do more sequels of anything else.
Old 2013-06-09, 02:22   Link #2009
cyth
Banned

I hope they all get boyfriends. Otaku getting NTRd this way is something I'd buy the BDs for.
Old 2013-06-09, 04:45   Link #2010
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I hope they all get boyfriends. Otaku getting NTRd this way is something I'd buy the BDs for.
THIS THIS!! The Free! guys should have girlfriends too!
Old 2013-06-09, 05:01   Link #2011
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This is not a thing that will ever happen.
Old 2013-06-09, 05:12   Link #2012
cyth
Banned

I'm glad this is fiction, because I'd feel pretty sorry if such cute girls didn't get boyfriends by that age in real life. Even though my first comment was a joke, I wonder how much influence do middle and high school girls who were K-ON! fans have? That they were able to extensively limit otaku tropes in the second season compared to first suggests they have some influence. I hope this expectation of grown up girls finding true love will dictate the content of the next series.
Old 2013-06-09, 06:08   Link #2013
brocko

I hope that their constant consumption of cake be properly represented and displayed with an accurate and realistic portrayal. Mugi develops diabetes causing a downwards spiral of depression leading to a hormonal imbalance whereby her eyebrows become increasingly bushier. She no longer leaves the house in fear of society outcast and mockery for her eyebrows have gone beyond that of a mono-brow into a full scale side burn and beard combo.

Yui becomes incredibly obese from staying in bed with Gitah all day long, to the point where she can no longer play her beloved instrument due to how stubby her fingers have gotten. Needless to say, she is no longer the hyper genki person that she once was and has joined a circus in an attempt to keep her musical dream alive. It is here that she meets up with Mugi, the obligatory bearded-lady for any traveling carnival crew.

Ritsu accidentally ate one of her instrumental drum sticks (the wrong drum stick), while helping herself to a chicken drumstick dessert after engulfing herself in a strawberry short cake dinner with Mio. Mio, (who after witnessing first hand the terrible consequences of cake in her friends has become so fearful of food that she has refused to ingest anything for the past year) attempts to save her dear friend from choking to death, but fails to do so and dies from over-exertion shortly after. RIP Ritsu and Mio.

Azusa eagerly awaits her high school graduation so that she can begin to catch up to her beloved seniors. Because Mugi, the cake supplier was a year above her, she was the only one to escape the terrible consequences of cake

------------------

On a slightly more serious note, I really don't see where else they could really take K-ON to. But I guess making more of the same thing and passing it off as something new really isn't exactly out of the picture either.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-06-09, 06:15   Link #2014
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Yes, yes. Ritsu finds a cute free improvisation saxophonist boyfriend. They expand their consciousness, create music and try to scrape a living together by doing club gigs.

Maybe other girls find boyfriends from the jazz conservatory Ritsu's boyfriend came from. Maye the all form an experimental big band doing free jazz/fusion. Over the course of 12 episodes the hard cold reality hits everyone in the face: this is not high school anymore. There's not much money in creative work. But what is more important: doing what you love or doing what is expected of you? A little personal growth for everyone.
Old 2013-06-09, 07:35   Link #2015
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
cyth does have a point. 4 College-Age girls having no interest in romance and/or sex? That is a bit of a stretch. I could maybe buy it for one or two of them, but all 4?

I don't think the cake thing is all that comparable. For one thing, how much they consume cake is somewhat exaggerated - Critics point to that because its emblematic of how the K-On! girls tend to goof off (instead of practice) alot. But that goofing off is only sometimes about eating cake. Sometimes it's about doing activities that don't involve food consumption at all. If the K-On! girls are eating cake once or twice a week, that really isn't all that big of a deal as long as the rest of their eating habits are Ok.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:58   Link #2016
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Gets Film in September
Old 2013-06-09, 10:27   Link #2017
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
THIS THIS!! The Free! guys should have girlfriends too!
Actually, I agree. I'd be nice to see the K-ON gals date around and have friends other than their bandmates.

And it'd be nice to see the Free! guys date around as well. They're all jocks apparently so it's not like they'd be hard up for dates. Or at least have a girl who crushes on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieftheodore View Post
What's up with all of these studios dropping out of bringing in second seasons? K and Magi got shafted for another season as well and their makers are going to movies instead.

Not that I'm complaining...just curious. And it seems weird.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-09 at 19:01. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:31   Link #2018
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
There's a bigger chance of Kyoani doing another season of FMP.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:33   Link #2019
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
What's up with all of these studios dropping out of bringing in second seasons? K and Magi got shafted for another season as well and their makers are going to movies instead.

The film will bridge between S1/S2. It was never stated to be a replacement.

Old 2013-06-09, 10:33   Link #2020
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

the second season of Chuu2 is still in the works, and not cancelled as far as i know...
and this movies supposed to tie-in with the second season
edit: ninja'd by ultimatemegax

Tags
studios