Notices

Old 2016-01-10, 18:27   Link #181
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Here:
Spoiler for Masks:
At first I thought that the 4 masks can become one.

This picture makes me think the 4 masks can be combined into 2 separate masks( top 2 and bottom 2).

The white(good) and black(evil), maybe?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 04:17   Link #182
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupNacke View Post
Hello Hello, Im new here
Some background info: Have played the first game with eng subs, also watched the first season of the anime. Currently im watching itsuwari no kamen, now all 14 Episodes which have been yet released.
I havent played yet the game (even i will now write here ) since i sadly dont understand any japanese (well, some basic communications from my vacations in japan, but no reading) and i wont get anything from the story

Do you see this also in the Anime? I couldnt see, but would be cool to take a look. Are there any pictures of what you see in the game or where the hints are? I really would like to see that...

Also I want to know urgently how old probably Kuon & Aruru are. But since there are no direct informations... whats your gues?
It's not shown in the anime, in the game it's started with haku catching kuon leaving the inn at night on her own he tails her and catches her talking to someone she is accusing of following her that he couldn't see but players of the 1st game can recognize his voice, I didn't the first time cause I forgot what he sounded like. Much later on he meets Oboro in a bar in yamato , neither of them knows the other and of course oboro gets drunk and basically tells haku he has been following someone dear to him and been trying to convince her to come back home. It's unclear if haku made the connection on who he was talking about.

It's 15 years after the epilogue of the first game . So almost 16 years since hakuoro sealed himself.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 04:34   Link #183
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Much later on he meets Oboro in a bar in yamato , neither of them knows the other and of course oboro gets drunk and basically tells haku he has been following someone dear to him and been trying to convince her to come back home. It's unclear if haku made the connection on who he was talking about.
It seemed like Oboro and the twins knew who Haku were(that is that he is together with Kuon), since that seems to be the reason why they came to the bar and made sure that they sat at the same table as Haku. Haku tried to avoid them but couldn't, and Oboro was really curious over their relationship.
Not that it would be hard to single Haku out there at the bar either since Haku is wearing Oboro's clothes.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 16:01   Link #184
PupNacke

@ Angrypopstick
THX. Is this an official number or more of a gues? If official, were you get it from? (I really need to learn japanese, so i can play those games...)

@ LROIsson
At which time is this scene in the game? Will it be shown in the anime or is it one more think that will be cut away? :/
PupNacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 23:31   Link #185
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupNacke View Post
@ LROIsson
At which time is this scene in the game? Will it be shown in the anime or is it one more think that will be cut away? :/
It takes place after the current war in the anime, during the time Aruru and Kamyu is visiting Yamato(their visit was earlier in the anime).
As for whatever it will be in the anime or not, I'm not sure. There are a risk for it being cut, I don't know where it could be fit currently.
There are two scenes I hope they won't cut, the first being the Oboro scene at the bar and the second being the paper mask scene.
Old 2016-01-14, 15:35   Link #186
MeanMachine
MeanWritingMachine

So, finally got Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen for the PS3 today!

All I can say for now is that the pre-set controls are a bit funky and counter intuitive. Especially since I was expecting the same controls as Tears to Tiara.
MeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 00:27   Link #187
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Oh maaaan, I can't wait for the anime to get to Tusukuru. With the powers of the masks established, I want to see the inhumanly overpowered Benawi overpowering masked Munechika. And don't forget the immortal Kurou too. I nerdgasmed at that point and is looking forward to see the anime-only folks' reaction to that too. Prety much the height of the whole game if you ask me.

Let's see, next up is the banquet, then to the ruins and past memories stuff for maybe a couple episode, then the setup for war, then perhaps Haku and gangs' mission, and then Benawi and the retreat, so maybe it'll happen at around ep.21.
Old 2016-01-17, 02:03   Link #188
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Oh maaaan, I can't wait for the anime to get to Tusukuru. With the powers of the masks established, I want to see the inhumanly overpowered Benawi overpowering masked Munechika. And don't forget the immortal Kurou too. I nerdgasmed at that point and is looking forward to see the anime-only folks' reaction to that too. Prety much the height of the whole game if you ask me.

Let's see, next up is the banquet, then to the ruins and past memories stuff for maybe a couple episode, then the setup for war, then perhaps Haku and gangs' mission, and then Benawi and the retreat, so maybe it'll happen at around ep.21.
Best boy benawi doesn't over power munechika, he just creates strategic situations where she can't abuse her mask powers without friendly firing her own troops.
Old 2016-01-17, 03:03   Link #189
Alf

The next episode is the naked party which was after the ruins in the game. Perhaps they rearranged it that Haku will stay depressed after the war and cheered up at the party, then go to the ruin, and go to see emperor to reveal the past right after that.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 12:22   Link #190
zztop

Vurai's very...intense in the anime, especially his ruthless approach on war and the enemy. Does the game cover his reasons and motivations, if there are any?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 01:54   Link #191
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Vurai's very...intense in the anime, especially his ruthless approach on war and the enemy. Does the game cover his reasons and motivations, if there are any?
its already covered in the anime. as oshuttoru said 2 episode ago vurai is the most loyal of the 8 pillar. thus he view the deserters and those that have surrendered to the enemy as traitors to the god emperor and needs to be annihilated. this is pretty fanatic by today's standard.

however You have to understand, Most ancient and medieval lords saw their citizens as a resource, they are there to be used and if one dies there is always another. Ancient countries such as japan, china, egypt etc especially took this concept quiet seriously. And people of all levels are sworn to serve their direct superior with absolute loyalty from the lowest peasant serving their lord to the lords serving the king/emperor who embodies the will and law of the state.

By historical standards vurai's reactions are realistic(aside from the obvious OP fantasy powers). one has to remember that human rights and equality is a very modern concept.
Old 2016-01-18, 03:57   Link #192
KerrBlank

So next episode will be that rurutie's paradise party.. hope they won't change the way how Nekone interfered Vurai and Oshutoru's battle. I'd really like to see how the anime viewers will react to it.
KerrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 03:53   Link #193
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It just dawned on me. Haku's characterization is actually really different in the anime. In the game Haku was always cowardly, but he understood from the get go how war works, that it isn't pretty. His words on this helped that Uzurusha maid to go on (forgot her name lol), and he was the one who helped Kuon in her dilemma during the war with Tusukuru. I'm now curious how the anime will tie everything back, will he simply turn to game!Haku after regaining his memories?
Old 2016-02-01, 12:01   Link #194
KerrBlank

Soo.. in game all humans turned into slimes right away right? i know anime has original story but was the "war" part between humans fearing the slimes part of the novel or i just missed somethings in game
KerrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 12:19   Link #195
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrBlank View Post
Soo.. in game all humans turned into slimes right away right? i know anime has original story but was the "war" part between humans fearing the slimes part of the novel or i just missed somethings in game
Now, I don't remember every single detail, but not everyone became a slime immediately.
I believe the trigger for the transformation is thinking/saying "I don't want to die".
Hakuoro went on a wish granting spree, first he turned people into slimes, then some Lab tried to annihilate them through Amaterasu, so Hakuoro granted a wish and made a part of the map disappear.
And in Itsuwari, the emperor thought it was something like a disease so it can't have been immediately otherwise it would have been strange to being able to research it a little.
Old 2016-02-01, 12:40   Link #196
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
its already covered in the anime. as oshuttoru said 2 episode ago vurai is the most loyal of the 8 pillar. thus he view the deserters and those that have surrendered to the enemy as traitors to the god emperor and needs to be annihilated. this is pretty fanatic by today's standard.
Well, fanatic is the word. ISIS very recently executed the mujahideen who had retreated from Ramadi when the Iraqi government finally reconquered the city, branding them cowards and setting an example for the others: either you win or you die; no one comes home a loser.

However, reprisal could also be a very calculated, legal move: the Roman army had a process known as decimation wherein a military body (cohort, legion) judged guilty of a grave offense (mutiny, desertion or just cowardice in battle) would be punished by having one tenth of its members executed in full view of the remaining 90%. There are several instances of this happening during the Crassus/Pompey/Caesar civil war, but decimation was eventually discontinued during the Byzantine era because it had the potential of sowing dissent and...quite simply...destroyed military assets that could've been used for further war. IOW, it was a waste of resources.

That said, decimation (or variations thereof) has been used by several armies/civilization as recently as 1918, the Ramadi case notwithstanding, but reprisal on civilian provinces or towns for dissent or breakaway ambitions has been a leitmotif throughout real-life military history. The only thing that often caused military commanders and politicians to think twice before green-lighting the move was that retribution meant losing a ton of taxpayers (not to mention denting the economy) and having to pay for the said punitive expedition (in war, financial expenditures are always high) when the money could be used elsewhere for more pressing objectives.
Old 2016-02-07, 05:01   Link #197
devilo96

hope in the next game we can use old chara like benawi...touka,karura and etc
question...or prediction for the next game
what will haku do....
1.join tsukuru to defeat yamato and make anju as the empire again reason a new country is not enough to defeat yamato
or
2.make a new country with name oshtoru and then try defeat yamato with own power (just like hakuoro)

ahh i just hope haku can use the mask power like oshtoru...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 06:15   Link #198
dracorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
hope in the next game we can use old chara like benawi...touka,karura and etc
question...or prediction for the next game
what will haku do....
1.join tsukuru to defeat yamato and make anju as the empire again reason a new country is not enough to defeat yamato
or
2.make a new country with name oshtoru and then try defeat yamato with own power (just like hakuoro)

ahh i just hope haku can use the mask power like oshtoru...
More like trying to reunify Yamato as Oshutoru, act as regent for the war as Anju can't speak. He would likely have to deal with an counter invasion by Tuskuru while unifying Yamato. When that is done I can see him continue the war with Tuskuru for the labs.
And there is the question on who killed the Emperor and poisoned Anju (unless the emperor is behind and faked his death so that Haku can take over).
One thing for sure I expect a very emotional scene when Kuon finds out the truth about Haku.
Old 2016-02-08, 06:24   Link #199
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracorax View Post
More like trying to reunify Yamato as Oshutoru, act as regent for the war as Anju can't speak. He would likely have to deal with an counter invasion by Tuskuru while unifying Yamato. When that is done I can see him continue the war with Tuskuru for the labs.
And there is the question on who killed the Emperor and poisoned Anju (unless the emperor is behind and faked his death so that Haku can take over).
One thing for sure I expect a very emotional scene when Kuon finds out the truth about Haku.
well... i also hope they bring back hakuoro... so he can meet again with eruru...
kinda sad eruru always waiting for him....
but from the title i think they will bring back hakuoro
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 17:04   Link #200
tsunade666

I have watched the 4 part gameplay that was pm'ed to me and until the end of that part, they still didn't know that kuon is the princess of tuskuru. Will the others eventually find it out? If they will, when?

Why did vurai attack oshuturu?

Atui in the game is a bit unhinged when she is fighting.

Tags
harem done right, lazy_mc, visualnovel