AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-11, 21:21   Link #1
eLstar
(^_^)v

Episode 70 Discussion [Spoilers]

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week’s upcoming episode which I will try and post every week. Before I say the rules I just want to give out a warning that there might be spoilers of the Manga. You have been warned.

Now for the people who don’t know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked spoilers in the topic and so you don’t HAVE put a spoiler tag unless it has to do with the future manga chapters. But in case you want to put a spoiler tag, and feel more generous then normal you may feel free to use spoiler tags whatever way you wish EXCEPT you must use spoiler tags if for some reason summarize the whole episode or you talk about Manga spoilers.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:

1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place. It's alright if you're not used to the idea just yet but if I see a person continuously disregard this topic I will be very annoyed...and I just might have the power to stop you in your tracks.

So there you have it, just so you remember though, there is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, and try and keep it on topic.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:23   Link #2
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week’s upcoming episode which I will try and post every week. Before I say the rules I just want to give out a warning that there might be spoilers of the Manga. You have been warned.

Now for the people who don’t know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked spoilers in the topic and so you don’t HAVE put a spoiler tag unless it has to do with the future manga chapters. But in case you want to put a spoiler tag, and feel more generous then normal you may feel free to use spoiler tags whatever way you wish EXCEPT you must use spoiler tags if for some reason summarize the whole episode or you talk about Manga spoilers.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:

1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place. It's alright if you're not used to the idea just yet but if I see a person continuously disregard this topic I will be very annoyed...and I just might have the power to stop you in your tracks.

So there you have it, just so you remember though, there is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, and try and keep it on topic.
I want it to stick to one fight and one fight only. not bounce back and forth. imo.

LINK TO LISENCED MANGA here!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:40   Link #3
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
I want it to stick to one fight and one fight only. not bounce back and forth. imo.

LINK TO LISENCED MANGA here!
Well, you'll probably be happy with episode 70 then, at least. The entire focus was on Shikamaru with no cutbacks to the Hokago/Oro fight or the Konohomaru (My pencil broke!) crisis.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:45   Link #4
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

wow, isnt every glad that they streched the whole prelims to 30+ episodes so we had to wait 8 months or so for all the cool and exciting things that took place in the manga after that?
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:46   Link #5
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
wow, isnt every glad that they streched the whole prelims to 30+ episodes so we had to wait 8 months or so for all the cool and exciting things that took place in the manga after that?
Doesn't matter to me. If you're upset with it just go read the manga and be quiet. I loved those prelim episodes.

And unlike you, I have the sense to know that all anime needs to be stretched out compared to the manga. Otherwise, we'll either get 40 episodes of straight filler or the series won't be finished at all.
Old 2004-02-11, 21:47   Link #6
Lost World
Banned

W00t, and the Naruto thread is back for another week!

I just finished watching the RAW for this week's episode, and all I have to say is AWESOME!

I think this episode covered 1 chapter of the manga...maybe two. But basically it covered Shikamaru's decision to stay behind while Naruto and Sakura went after Sasuke. So basically we got a whole episode focused on one of my favorite Konoha ninjas.

I have to say, the people behind the Naruto anime know how to build anticipation and keep it going. This episode's animation was incredible and gave a real 3-D feel to the trio's chase through the forest with a lot of great shots.

And the end of the episode was just perfect, with a bevy of quick cuts to let us know where the Konoha genin were at, and the big fadeout/fadein back to the Oro/3rd Hokage fight, which looks to take up most/all of the next episode.

In other news: It looks like next week's episode was given to the B team once again...or at least Gainax. I know they do a few episodes for Naruto and next week's either looks like their style or the B team with a slightly larger budget, because there were still some cool shots in the preview, even with the slightly off animation.

Either way this week's episode was awesome...and I'm greatly looking forward to next week's.

Oh, and I notice that it's quickly getting darker in Konoha, with next week's episode looking like it takes place mostly at night. It adds a nice touch.
Old 2004-02-11, 21:49   Link #7
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Doesn't matter to me. If you're upset with it just go read the manga and be quiet. I loved those prelim episodes.

And unlike you, I have the sense to know that all anime needs to be stretched out compared to the manga. Otherwise, we'll either get 40 episodes of straight filler or the series won't be finished at all.
he does.

the scale is wayy the heck off though. that annoys me.
Old 2004-02-11, 21:51   Link #8
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Quote:

I have the sense to know that naruto will turn out to be like DBZ if they decide to stretch it out like you say, wow, that DBZ is sure some masterpiece.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 21:57   Link #9
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
I have the sense to know that naruto will turn out to be like DBZ if they decide to stretch it out like you say, wow, that DBZ is sure some masterpiece.
oh. so that what he was saying (well.. the reverse of what he was saying)

the anime needs no filler.

1 manga a week, 1 anime a week. just make 1 episode 1 chapter. you could do it without filler... you would just end up putting extra stuff in (like extra fight moves)
Old 2004-02-11, 21:58   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Well, according Sasuke Uchiha description, the end of chapter 118 and all chapter 119 were animated in this episode.

WOOT! Can't wait for next week
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 22:09   Link #11
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
wow, that DBZ is sure some masterpiece.
It's only the most popular anime that has ever aired in Japan AND America.

I think the creators of Naruto would be damn happy if it became the next DBZ.

Not to mention it's the author of Naruto's favorite manga and it inspired him to become a manga artist.

Hell, I know Kishimoto would be DAMN HAPPY if Naruto became the next DBZ.
Old 2004-02-11, 22:11   Link #12
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
It's only the most popular anime that has ever aired in Japan AND America.

I think the creators of Naruto would be damn happy if it became the next DBZ.
DBZ anime is a joke buddy. open your eyes.

most of the people that hate anime use DBZ anime as an example... over pokemon.
Old 2004-02-11, 22:12   Link #13
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
1 manga a week, 1 anime a week. just make 1 episode 1 chapter. you could do it without filler... you would just end up putting extra stuff in (like extra fight moves)
You do know that it takes months to create a single anime episode, right? They can't just pick up a manga chapter and whoosh, create an anime episode the next day.

Hence, they need to stay MONTHS behind the current chapters.

So no, one to one conversion doesn't work here.
Old 2004-02-11, 22:14   Link #14
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I think the most important point here is this is a Naruto forum, shut up about DBZ

Back on topic however, Im a bit curious as to what happens in this episode (albeit patient enough to wait for a decent fansub), especially if the chase isnt resolved, and also to see if teh animation teams have juggled the sequence of event differently to the manga.

Can someone give us a decent summary of the episode?

edit:

Quote:
You do know that it takes months to create a single anime episode, right? They can't just pick up a manga chapter and whoosh, create an anime episode the next day.

Hence, they need to stay MONTHS behind the current chapters.

So no, one to one conversion doesn't work here.
Of course it would work. The anime is moving at a 2:1 ratio with the manga at the moment, at this rate, it will eventually catch up. So going at a 1:1 ratio (with teh aniem covering 1 chapter each week) will mean that it will never catch up, providing they leave enough distance between the current anime episode and the current manga chapter (say four months), all would run just dandy fine, just with lots of filler each episode.

Unless of course, you misunderstood hobobaggins, and thought he meant that they could carry on at the current rate, which would obviously cuase filler issues later on.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 22:15   Link #15
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
DBZ anime is a joke buddy. open your eyes.

most of the people that hate anime use DBZ anime as an example... over pokemon.
Yeah, American fans. American fans are dumb as shit. And the Japanese don't give a shit what American fans think.

Japanese anime fans love DBZ. It's the number one most popular anime that has ever aired there. NO current or past anime's ratings ever came close to beating DBZ's while it was on top. Hence, my point stands.

The creators of Naruto would be damn happy if Naruto became the next DBZ.

Oh, and I wonder how Kishimoto would feel about Naruto fans calling his favorite manga a joke...
Old 2004-02-11, 22:16   Link #16
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Can someone give us a decent summary of the episode?
It covered Shikamaru's chapters in the manga (Stays behind to stop pursuers, Asuma shows up and kicks ass). What else do you need to know?
Old 2004-02-11, 22:20   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Yeah, American fans. American fans are dumb as shit. And the Japanese don't give a shit what American fans think.

Japanese anime fans love DBZ. It's the number one most popular anime that has ever aired there. NO current or past anime's ratings ever came close to beating DBZ's while it was on top. Hence, my point stands.

The creators of Naruto would be damn happy if Naruto became the next DBZ.

Oh, and I wonder how Kishimoto would feel about Naruto fans calling his favorite manga a joke...
only. he has no other. ... well i guess it is his favorite...

well. he has made others. you dont know it is his favorite, it is just the one that made it big.

i never called it a joke, i said DBZ ANIME is a joke. and toriyama akira didnt do the TV series

Kishimoto likewise does not do the anime.
Old 2004-02-11, 22:21   Link #18
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
It covered Shikamaru's chapters in the manga (Stays behind to stop pursuers, Asuma shows up and kicks ass). What else do you need to know?
Nothing, that was ample, thanks
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 23:33   Link #19
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:

i need to know when anbu aone will be done so i can download it (no pressure, not complaining!)
Old 2004-02-11, 23:43   Link #20
dot|hack
Flash Tech

There was a preview for the next episode and guess what?
THE QUALITY + ANIMATION LOOKS SO DAM UGLY!!! Yep folks, the turtle shell faced sakura and weirdo garra + naruto return >.>
Edit: do you know the muffin man the muffin man lalalala (preview from ep 71)
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote