2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-23, 18:54   Link #241
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Tell me exactly how you will plan for Windermere to dismantle its political system and rebuilt into a fairer and more peaceful society, without either a military invasion (not likely to happen with one episode left) or protocuture induced disaster.

As it currently stands, Windermere has no reason to change ANYTHING. They will maintain the status quo and repeat what they have done in the future, unless someone force them to change, but here you are saying we can't force them to change. That they are better off getting away with it.
I already said it, but I'll say it again, Heinz.
Spoiler for Macross Frontier spoilers:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-09-23 at 22:29. Reason: Please use properly labeled spoiler tags for discussion of other series.
SleepingTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 21:09   Link #242
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Frankly I have no idea why you think it is less childish to expect a militant nation to somehow stop being an aggressor, when you agree they have no reason to stop.

You expect a song to change the government? No, they are not the Zentradi, they have songs of their own. Songs of death and destruction. And Windermere is very happy with the songs they already have.

You really think the government change magically? Without something triggering it? Who is the childish one here?
Old 2016-09-23, 21:40   Link #243
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Frankly I have no idea why you think it is less childish to expect a militant nation to somehow stop being an aggressor, when you agree they have no reason to stop.

You expect a song to change the government? No, they are not the Zentradi, they have songs of their own. Songs of death and destruction. And Windermere is very happy with the songs they already have.

You really think the government change magically? Without something triggering it? Who is the childish one here?
Do you even read. I already answered all your questions, you're just choosing to ignore them. Nothing you've said is a direct response to what I have said, and all you do is take my words out of context and add more things to it to fit your warped POV.
And yes, if you think Windermere is "getting away with it" if they're aren't suffering the same fate they inflicted on others, then you are being childish. The mature thing to do is learn from the mistakes and seek redemption. I'd also like to point out what's also being childish is making a mistake and choosing to blame someone else for it.
NUNS: "We dropped a bomb and missed. Oh no!"
Windermereans: //dies
NUNS: "They did it!"
"You really think the government change magically?" JFC. Read what I wrote and think a little harder this time.
Old 2016-09-23, 21:52   Link #244
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

What NUNs does has nothing to do with Windermere declaring war. Unless you think it is enough justification for it?

That's my point, that Windermere should not have declared war, and if they think they should then they will do it again next time. And that there will never be peace as long as you still believe Windermere was right to invade four innocent planets because of what someone else did to them.

A Windermere that still think they are morally right, is a Windermere that is still a threat.
Old 2016-09-23, 22:13   Link #245
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
if they think they should then they will do it again next time.
You can't possibly know this.
Old 2016-09-23, 22:24   Link #246
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Closing the thread since we've obviously stopped discussing the episode. I'll reopen the thread Monday.

Thread reopened. Please stay on topic of the episode and use the available on-topic threads for discussion that falls outside the scope of the episode itself.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-09-26 at 08:57.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 23:48   Link #247
Kokojin

can someone explain to me what happened with wright immelman? i dont understand the sub / translation of the episode, so correct me if i am wrong in this understanding.

so basically, wright immelman who flew the VF-22 armed with the dimensional weapon had some sort of crisis of faith in his mission, and his conscious drove him to reduce the civilian / windamerian casualties as much as possible, so he flew off course thereby when the NUNS detected the off course nature of his flight chose to detonate the dimensional weapon remotely? thus causing damage to the NUNS forces on the ground in the area and immelmans dad labeled a traitor?

this doesn't seem correct can someone break down what happened for me please.
Kokojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 02:29   Link #248
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokojin View Post
can someone explain to me what happened with wright immelman? i dont understand the sub / translation of the episode, so correct me if i am wrong in this understanding.

so basically, wright immelman who flew the VF-22 armed with the dimensional weapon had some sort of crisis of faith in his mission, and his conscious drove him to reduce the civilian / windamerian casualties as much as possible, so he flew off course thereby when the NUNS detected the off course nature of his flight chose to detonate the dimensional weapon remotely? thus causing damage to the NUNS forces on the ground in the area and immelmans dad labeled a traitor?

this doesn't seem correct can someone break down what happened for me please.
They gave Immeldad the "task" to drop the dimensional bomb on the royal capital of Windermere. Wright didn't want to do that and took a detour, telling his officials that there are turbulences in the planned route (to the royal capital). They told him that there are no turbulences and that he should go back to the planned route. Wright refused and cut off the contact. NUNS acted and swichted his VF to remote control, dropping off the bomb right where Hayates dad was. They'd rather have him as a evil man (and traitor) that dropped off the bomb on a part of Windermere and where some NUNS were located, so nobody would think that they themselves are "evil".
Hayates dad wanted to fly off as far as he can to reduce the damage that would be caused, since he knew that NUNS would detonate it anyway.
Old 2016-09-29, 08:48   Link #249
Kokojin

ty for the clarification, now the question that needs to be asked, how did the plane and any evidence survive being at point zero of a dimensional weapon explosion? or are we (the viewers) supposed to chuck that up to plot-no-jitsu?
Kokojin is offline   Reply With Quote