AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 01:03   Link #21
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
Hollow-Kaien had no eyes, a pointy tongue, and tentacles shooting out everywhere. His voice was the same as the voice of the hollow before it merged with Kaien. Hollow-Ichigo is just a "negative" version of Ichigo.

If anything, the hollow forms look alike simply because Kaien and Ichigo look alike. Neither of the hollows warp the natural look of them.
....thank you.......i feel the same way.....i was thinking of a mean way to say it.....
Old 2006-01-02, 09:59   Link #22
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
Hollow-Kaien had no eyes, a pointy tongue, and tentacles shooting out everywhere. His voice was the same as the voice of the hollow before it merged with Kaien. Hollow-Ichigo is just a "negative" version of Ichigo.

If anything, the hollow forms look alike simply because Kaien and Ichigo look alike. Neither of the hollows warp the natural look of them.
A negative version of Ichigo, would not be black and white, it would be sum messed up colors..the thing with that hollow ichigo is that his eyes are orange..that's about it. I guess the tongue and tentacles contribute to making hollow-kaien different from hollow ichigo.
Old 2006-01-07, 23:51   Link #23
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Sorry if this has been already said in this thread.
This Is A Gigante Spoiler Do Not Click If You Havent Read The Manga
Spoiler for serious dont click if you arent up to the latest chapter:
Old 2006-01-08, 01:05   Link #24
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifus
I used to believe this too, but the main flaw in this theory is that Hollow-Ichigo 'appeared' BEFORE the pit incident. This was when he fought Renji in the human world. The part where he starts freaking Renji out with the large amounts of energy and the seemingly-random attack pattern (Just like when Ichigo fought Byakuya)
I believe that is his own power, I remember hearing that Ichigo himself already
had shinigami powers, before Rukia's?
Old 2006-01-08, 01:12   Link #25
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
I believe that is his own power, I remember hearing that Ichigo himself already had shinigami powers, before Rukia's?
Hmm..I seem to recall hearing that also. I think it was Urahara, who said something along the lines of "awakening the powers he already had". Or maybe it was Zangetsu?
Old 2006-01-08, 04:07   Link #26
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Just for curiosity's sake... what's a non-standard 'shonen' powerup look like...?
Um....probably a power-up in a non-shounen anime?
Old 2006-01-08, 05:20   Link #27
Sakurax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Just for curiosity's sake... what's a non-standard 'shonen' powerup look like...?
Well, I've been thinking...it may look like Ichigo raising one hand into the air, palm facing outwards and screaming, "MOON POWER! MAKE-UP!!!"
Old 2006-01-08, 07:48   Link #28
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurax
Well, I've been thinking...it may look like Ichigo raising one hand into the air, palm facing outwards and screaming, "MOON POWER! MAKE-UP!!!"
Wait....are you sure thats not a typical shounen power-up?
Old 2006-01-08, 09:17   Link #29
dorrito

Send a message via MSN to dorrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifus
I used to believe this too, but the main flaw in this theory is that Hollow-Ichigo 'appeared' BEFORE the pit incident. This was when he fought Renji in the human world. The part where he starts freaking Renji out with the large amounts of energy and the seemingly-random attack pattern (Just like when Ichigo fought Byakuya)
Lol, now after the fight with renji ichigo went to uruhara, gained his shinami powers back, and uruhara teached ichigo how to make use of zangetsu's power. When fighting renji in the SS, ichigo had a flashback in which he showed us that uruhara said something like > u cant be afraid > to protect u must kill etc etc.. and than the same thing happened as when fighting renji in the real world, an explosion of spirit energy. So this has got nothing to do with the hollow.

-my opinion also is that uruhara was aware of the fact that his way of giving ichigo his powers back will also give him a hollow(in the pit that is).
As aizen told uruhara was experimenting on shinami's to surpass the limit by turning them into hybrids. Maybe secretly he continued the project and found out that the way to become an hybrid can also be gained by the pit training ichigo did. And how did other people in SS become a shinami? Some of them never died, and gained the powers in the way ichigo did. No there were just some people who were following an education and gained knowledge and eventually gained a sword (soulslayer). So the way ichigo became one is different and the hollow form appeared with it. That was the disadvantage of that way to become an shinami all the sudden...

this is my theorie
Old 2006-01-08, 09:34   Link #30
Eclipze

Actually, the other shinigamis became as such because they went to the shinigami "school", no?
Old 2006-01-08, 10:09   Link #31
soulfly

Pluses that have spirit power and went for shinigami school can be shinigami.

The normal pluses are just plain spirit without spirit power, and they stay in Rukongai. We know that those who had potential will go to shinigami school.
Old 2007-01-30, 21:02   Link #32
fizzmaister
The Tall One

old clues that now have more information

I only watch the anime, please post manga only material in spoilers.

As I was rewatching bleach, I've noticed sonething that were hinted at but not explained.

When Ichigo used the strange wing to reach the shrine of pennitence, Ukitake was surprised at how familiar the reiatsu was, and Byakuya said it wasn't who he was thinking of. We assumed it was Shiba Kaien that they were refering to since it would be like how someone said that Ichigo does look like "him", and we later learn that "him" is Kaien. But doesn't it make more sense that they were refering to Isshin?

please discuss and add anything else.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-31 at 01:55. Reason: Threads merged!
Old 2007-01-31, 11:51   Link #33
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I had posted a comment on this in Q&A section If I find that article again I will post it here . The jist is Ichigo is rumored to be reincarantion of Kaien , Shinto beleives in rebirth just like Budhism Where a soul has to take minimum 7 righteous rebirths till it can attain Nirvana . Righteous rebirths so that Karma is balanced
Old 2007-01-31, 12:30   Link #34
Chaos_Shinigami
Chaos Bringer

Duh.......all are messed up in this ichigo and kaein thing....only if i was that viazard of ichigo i would give u better answer though i believe pit test made the hollow in him
Old 2007-01-31, 12:53   Link #35
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I only watch the anime, please post manga only material in spoilers.

As I was rewatching bleach, I've noticed sonething that were hinted at but not explained.

When Ichigo used the strange wing to reach the shrine of pennitence, Ukitake was surprised at how familiar the reiatsu was, and Byakuya said it wasn't who he was thinking of. We assumed it was Shiba Kaien that they were refering to since it would be like how someone said that Ichigo does look like "him", and we later learn that "him" is Kaien. But doesn't it make more sense that they were refering to Isshin?

please discuss and add anything else.
Well, there is nothing more in the manga, so there won't be any spoilers. I think Kaien looks way more like Ichigo than Ishiin, so I still think he was referring to Kaien.
But yet, none of Rukia or the guys who were acting as Ukitake's vice-captains seemed to see Kaien in Ichigo ...
Old 2007-01-31, 14:20   Link #36
kagato3

Um, Rukia deffently thought Ichigo reminded him of Kaien. she even started to have flash backs to him when Ichigo was fighting GF. And the 3rd seats never realy interacted with Ichigo.

There are a few theroies out there. One is that Ichigo is the reincanation of Kaien. the timeing seems off to me but it is possable. Another one is the Isshin is a member of the Shiba clan and is perhaps the reason the clan fell from grace and the reason Kaien and Ichigo looks so alike is that they are related.
Old 2007-01-31, 14:26   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I have a contradicting theory to why Shiba Clan feel from Grace it was due to Kukaku's assistance to Ura during his Escape from SS why coz Kukaku refers Yoru as Ura's freind not her freind .So at some point of time Kukaku and Ura were good freinds Kukaku also adds in her convo with Yoru she couldnt refuse a request from Ura .
Old 2007-01-31, 16:22   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think this fits into the timeframe.
IIRC Kaien told Rukia and Renji, that he came from Rukongai,.
I didnt know about Kaien coming form Rukognai part thats news to me I presumed he was from Sereitei from his birth
Old 2007-01-31, 17:45   Link #39
JasonSolaris

Hey.. I have nothing the base this off of, but has there even been any discussion that Ichigo has a hollow side because his mother might be a hollow? Since it seems that his Shinigami father was in a gigai, maybe a hollow could be also? Or am I totally out to lunch on this?
Later
Old 2007-01-31, 17:47   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IIRC Kaien told Rukia and Renji, that he came from Rukongai.
I recall nothing of the sort. In my memory we have never been told what Kaien's background was. Additionally, while Kaien was Rukia's mentor, he never had any relationship or discussion with Renji that I can remember. I don't think I've ever seen him and Renji at the same time.

I think your recollection is faulty, please tell me when this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSolaris View Post
Hey.. I have nothing the base this off of, but has there even been any discussion that Ichigo has a hollow side because his mother might be a hollow? Since it seems that his Shinigami father was in a gigai, maybe a hollow could be also? Or am I totally out to lunch on this?
Later
You're not the first to mention this guess, but since there isn't a shred of evidence there isn't anything to discuss. Misaki could have been a hollow, the princess of Soul Society or a normal human. All such things have been guessed and are equally backed by the available data. HOWEVER none of this is related to the topic "What is the correlation between Kaien and Ichigo."

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread