AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-03, 11:40   Link #81
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
hm... just noticed some naming pattern while I was re-playing Kin-iro no Corda recently...
if you would notice in these names, they all include the kanji for the days of the week in Japanese:
Very interesting. I've never noticed that until I read your post. However, these kanji characters are also used in the names of planets. Thus,

Ren Tsukimori's [Tsuki] => Moon
Kazuki Hihara's [Hi] => Mars
Kei Shimizu's [mizu] => Mercury
Azuma Yunoki's [ki] => Jupiter
Hiroto Kanazawa's [Kana] => Venus
Ryoutarou Tsuchiura's [Tsuchi] => Saturn

Kahoko Hino's [Hi] => Sun

Nami Amou (a member of the newspaper club)'s [Ama] => Uranus
Shouko Fuyuumi's [Umi] =>Neptune
Shinobu Ousaki (the violinist who appears in the last part of episode 4)'s [Ou] => Pluto

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-11-04 at 08:47. Reason: spell correction
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 15:45   Link #82
batpig

Not to mention the name of the school: Seisou Gakuen 星奏学院. [Sei] = Star.
batpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 08:28   Link #83
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsuji View Post
Very interesting. I've never noticed that until I read your post. However, these kanji characters are also used in the names of planets. Thus,

Ren Tsukimori's [Tsuki] => Moon
Kazuki Hihara's [Hi] => Mars
Kei Shimizu's [mizu] => Mercury
Azuma Yunoki's [ki] => Jupiter
Hiroto Kanazawa's [Kana] => Venus
Ryoutarou Tsuchiura's [Tsuchi] => Saturn

Kahoko Hino's [Hi] => Sun

Nami Amou (a member of the newspaper club)'s [Ama] => Uranus
Shouko Fuyuumi's [Umi] =>Neptune
Shinobu Ousaki (the violinist who appeas in the last part of episode 4)'s [Ou] => Pluto
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Not to mention the name of the school: Seisou Gakuen ????. [Sei] = Star.
ooh.. neat! didn't notice that one
the naming pattern makes much more sense now... it's most likely that the characters really are named after the planets (since all the main characters are named after it) :3
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 12:08   Link #84
Oakmoondarkness

Hello all, I'm new here and I just watched the first subbed episode of La Corda D'Oro and I loved it, but I can't seem to find any of the other episodes for download subbed. Does anyone know where I can find more episodes, or when they are going to come out? I would be extremely grateful for anyone's help!
Oakmoondarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:37   Link #85
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakmoondarkness View Post
Hello all, I'm new here and I just watched the first subbed episode of La Corda D'Oro and I loved it, but I can't seem to find any of the other episodes for download subbed. Does anyone know where I can find more episodes, or when they are going to come out? I would be extremely grateful for anyone's help!
so far, only 1 ep has been subbed in english... unless you would be interested in some chinese subs, available here --> http://bt.greedland.net/cache_html/0/default/DESC/1.htm (just do a search on 'primo' and it should come out) episode 6 which just aired at midnight, should have subs available about 4-5 hours from now..

can't wait to see that scene with Hihara~ that got me all *gasp* when I read it in the manga... hehehe :3
Old 2006-11-06, 12:50   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
...can't wait to see that scene with Hihara~ that got me all *gasp* when I read it in the manga....
I've seen ep6 raw, and if it's the scene I'm thinking of, I thought it worked pretty well in the anime, too. As did their scene in the hallway the next day. I also enjoyed a couple of brief scenes between Hino and Fuyuumi. Episode 6 was the most harem-like episode yet, but the characters keep becoming more real and more individual, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 18:18   Link #87
Oakmoondarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen
So far, only 1 ep has been subbed in english... unless you would be interested in some chinese subs, available here --> http://bt.greedland.net/cache_html/0/default/DESC/1.htm (just do a search on 'primo' and it should come out) episode 6 which just aired at midnight, should have subs available about 4-5 hours from now..
can't wait to see that scene with Hihara~ that got me all *gasp* when I read it in the manga... hehehe :3
Thanks so much for the information, I have 2 through 4 of the episodes downloaded raw, and the fifth waiting to be downloaded. I can't wait for the subs though, I did take some Japanese, but my comprehension isn't that good yet.

I do love Hirara! He's sooo cute! But in the Manga where Ren-kun gets complimented by Hino and blushes? I just feel in love with the pairing. I so hope something developes between them, but I'd enjoy her with any of the guys so far really. But that's just me, I have a thing for bad boy Bushionen with a marshmellow center, or a center that needs to be melted.......

Last edited by Oakmoondarkness; 2006-11-06 at 18:34.
Oakmoondarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 21:24   Link #88
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've seen ep6 raw, and if it's the scene I'm thinking of, I thought it worked pretty well in the anime, too. As did their scene in the hallway the next day. I also enjoyed a couple of brief scenes between Hino and Fuyuumi. Episode 6 was the most harem-like episode yet, but the characters keep becoming more real and more individual, for me.
Yeah, I think so too. I really like how the development of the characters was done (basing on the manga)... I find Hihara's seishun development(first time encountering love, something like that) really cute~ ^-^ But later on, we'll see more of Ren's background (and the reason for his really snobbish attitude), and see the deep side of his personality(a couple more episodes from now...)
Old 2006-11-06, 22:14   Link #89
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Can anyone fill this one-month broadband-dreprived soul the gist of Episode 6? I could youtube it several days later, but the preview for it was too much for my poor soul to take. ;(

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 03:07   Link #90
htsuji

While episode 5 was a suspenseful story, episode 6 seems to be an itroduction part to portray each character's personality, chiefly Hihara's. His innocent and somewhat puppish acts are priceless, though he's a bit too noisy. (I might hit him if I were standing near him. )
Spoiler for A synopsis of the first six minutes of episode 6:

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-11-07 at 13:47.
Old 2006-11-07, 05:25   Link #91
htsuji

Oops. I forgot to mention an important point that appeared at the start of episode 6. (I guess the readers of the manga may already know it.)
Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2006-11-07, 10:44   Link #92
usagijen

Quote:
Oops. I forgot to mention an important point that appeared at the start of episode 6. (I guess the readers of the manga may already know it.)
Spoiler for episode 6:
yup yup, that plays a major part in the story... part of the "climax" and "resolution" part of this series, actually

just to continue on with the summary of ep6... (my apologies for not being able to summarize that well... and also for my uncontrollable urge to put my comments side by side this summary >.>)

Spoiler:

so there... I really hope that scene where Tsukimori blushes shows up in the next episode (coz I didn't see it in the preview )

Last edited by usagijen; 2006-11-07 at 19:15.
Old 2006-11-07, 11:13   Link #93
usagijen

oh.. forgot to mention something in the episode... it's quite important, though not plot-affecting

Spoiler:

Last edited by usagijen; 2006-11-07 at 19:05.
Old 2006-11-07, 19:47   Link #94
Greenish Growth

Thanks for that summary and information Usagijen!

I was wondering what they were saying and it's going be awhile before the subbing can catch up to this point.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 22:49   Link #95
einen

thanks a lot usagijen. I wanted to hear what Yunoki told Len and what Hino was thinking when that accident happened... but could you tell me what Hino says to Fuyuumi? i think that's how you spell her name
einen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 00:32   Link #96
htsuji

A translation of the conversation between Tukimori and Yunoki in episode 6
Spoiler:
Poor Tsukimori. I'm sure Yunoki disturbed his serious mind on purpose, or at least, he teased him.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-11-08 at 00:42.
Old 2006-11-08, 03:03   Link #97
htsuji

A translation of the conversation between Hino and Fuyuumi in episode 6
Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2006-11-08, 05:57   Link #98
usagijen

Quote:
A translation of the conversation between Hino and Fuyuumi in episode 6
Spoiler for episode 6:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-08, 07:14   Link #99
andromeda0201

Any idea why Tsukimori seems so bothered with Hino? If he didn't think of her as a potential opponent he would have just laughed off Yunoki's words
Hihara was really funny in this episode though, looks like Hino's harem is slowly building up
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 07:44   Link #100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^
I'm no ga La Corda player, but I'm assuming it's somewhat a complex for him as teh dude who takes things seriously. He's clearly better than Hino at the stage he's at, but I don't think we need a 3rd eye to assume that he got where he is today by training vigourously day in and day out solely concentrating his passion to violin, hence his harsh comments towards Tsuchiura concerning doing 2 things at once.... I'm thinking he's having the Touya Akira complex.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
musical, romance