AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 17:09   Link #1
elleykat

Girl-Disguised-As-Boy anime/manga

I'd like if someone could recommend some good love/comedy anime or manga based on the theme of girl-disguised-as-boy (or boy-disguised-as-girl would work too!) Some examples of manga I've read lately that has made me hungry for more like this:

Hana-Kimi
Ouran Highschool Host Club

Could anyone please give me any suggestions? Thanks!!
Old 2008-07-06, 17:15   Link #2
Z3120

Animation is decent at most (subpar, however you want to name it), but Tenshi na Konamaiki was a pretty fun show. Quite different than what you originally wanted, but still, I thought it was worth mentioning.

From aniDB; "Megumi Amatsuka is a young boy. One day he picked up an old book but there was a demon living in the book. The demon said that he can grant one of Megumi's wish. Megumi always wanted to be a tough man (The man of Men) so he makes his wish.

Unfortunately the demon was a wicked one and he magically turns Megumi into a cute looking girl. Megumi grew up as a tomboy, but pretty girl, and now she is going to be a highschool student, and all of the students admire her.
But Megumi still feels/acts like a boy ..."

Anyway, a series that does matches your interest would be Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. It's about a boy who has to dress up as a girl to attend an all-girls school due to his grandfather's will/request he do so. It's interesting to say the least.
Old 2008-07-06, 17:17   Link #3
SinsI

Pick your choice.
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/...les/titles.htm
Real transformations thrown in, so just look for "Disguise'.

As for recommending something specific - try Family Compo, I, My, Me! Strawberrry Eggs and Kill Me, Kiss Me.

Last edited by SinsI; 2008-07-06 at 17:33.
Old 2008-07-08, 04:55   Link #4
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
This is a Manhwe but check it out anyway Kill Me, Kiss Me
Haha.. well, its not like these guys hide it all time. but its like they change lifes with each others couse they look alike. That cant be called a spoiler aight? O_O then just warn me cuz thats like what its about.
Old 2008-07-08, 17:18   Link #5
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Try the manga Pretty Face
Quote:
Due to a terrible bus accident, Randoh (the main character) wakes up one day to discover he has the face of an attractive girl thanks to a rather perverted plastic surgeon. But not just any girl's face--it's the same girl that he has a crush on. To make matters even worse, he runs into the girl and she thinks it's her long-lost twin sister. When Randoh moves in with her (quite willingly) he is torn between helping out this girl by pretending to be her sister, and wanting his old face back. (Source: Akatsuki-Manga)

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-07-14, 05:22   Link #6
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
rofl, i flashed trough that list and look what i found! Is this the true dream of the writer

Gomen Minna-chan - A man that can turn into anyone he want, turns into a woman and has sex.
Old 2008-07-14, 10:22   Link #7
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
There is one guy that is cross dressing as a girl. It's a shougi anime.

Shion no Ou
Closed Thread