AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-18, 20:19   Link #1521
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah, interesting, whats the point of transferring them as the boss shows up? Or maybe they're just being sent to a new area?
Old 2009-03-20, 07:12   Link #1522
Shabazza
transcendental

Maybe Gantz actually thinks once in a while and it's a tactical retreat?
Old 2009-03-20, 07:51   Link #1523
noktown

Why didn't Kei start transfering ?

I hope he makes it,would be awkward if he dies again.
Old 2009-03-21, 05:32   Link #1524
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think that Gantz is starting to malfunction (seeing as all the precedents that had been set are being broken one by one), but that's just my crazy theory. We'll see the reason why all this crazy shit is happening in the next few chapters, most likely.
Old 2009-03-21, 10:22   Link #1525
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
the huge giant alien while it does seem powerful might not be the boss just something to consider since there were other giant statue on the floor prehaps the boss was among the fallen.or maybe the true mission begins after a certain number of angels and certain types are killed . imagine everyone relieved at the fact they survived only to be thrown to an even more dangerous mission.i dont think kei is dead some of jis skin is missing but thats all unless he is step on i think his injuries arent enough to kill him in less than 1 minute plenty of time for the transfer just something to leave the readers on the edge.i wonder if reika got 100 points from her snipping since those small angel creatures were also strong they should be wort more than 1 point even more than 3(the very first alien boss was worth 3 no? and he was way weaker than the angels).maybe she will revive kuruno

and if this is the end of the world wide gantz team up no follow up with the other teams then this whole arc blows
Old 2009-03-30, 20:39   Link #1526
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Anyone got any spoilers for this week's chapter yet??
Old 2009-03-31, 13:06   Link #1527
dfens

Just read 295.

Kurono makes it and kills the boss with that H gun powerful weapon, he lost his left arm only and is torn up. The rest of the team transfers first and think he didn't survive at first and then he transfers late. Reika hugs him crying why can't he hook up with her on the side at least I know she would go for it.

Inaba that pussy dies thank god I hated that guy. So worthless.

The old man dies too, which is sad he was cool.

Leaves another cliff hanger. Starts showing the points for cherry which says 0 and a caption below it says owari or the end-it's over etc.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:38   Link #1528
TheLegend

hope there is going to be another mission soon since Kei and Nishi had H-guns after the transferring in that room. Where is Host Samurai's gun????
Old 2009-04-02, 22:37   Link #1529
Telcalipoca

like i stated kei dying or living was something to keep the readers on their edge. I dont remember what chapter it was from but i remember something about a new rule where players were to get 10 points in a round i thought this meant who ever didnt would die but nothing happened to those that didnt get the 10 points so dismiss the rule what if the rule is playing in affect right now? cherry got 0 points and has "finished "written on his name will gantz get rid of players that didnt score? reika,koato and kei are safe if this is the case since they were all shown fighting but the rest?

what if the "finished" refers to their role in the game? this was the last mission now they let free to witness the end?
Old 2009-04-05, 06:46   Link #1530
iceyfw

i smell kei getting another 100 points again
Old 2009-04-05, 11:38   Link #1531
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcalipoca View Post
like i stated kei dying or living was something to keep the readers on their edge. I dont remember what chapter it was from but i remember something about a new rule where players were to get 10 points in a round i thought this meant who ever didnt would die but nothing happened to those that didnt get the 10 points so dismiss the rule what if the rule is playing in affect right now? cherry got 0 points and has "finished "written on his name will gantz get rid of players that didnt score? reika,koato and kei are safe if this is the case since they were all shown fighting but the rest?

what if the "finished" refers to their role in the game? this was the last mission now they let free to witness the end?
I can understand what you mean by that. But if you recall that kei once finished a mission without killing anything and gantz had told him that if he didnt get 40-60 points that he was "finished." So i dont think it has anything to do with it being the final mission. It probably means he's either going to be dropped from the game or killed. Knowing gantz it'll prob be the latter.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:08   Link #1532
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
I can understand what you mean by that. But if you recall that kei once finished a mission without killing anything and gantz had told him that if he didnt get 40-60 points that he was "finished." So i dont think it has anything to do with it being the final mission. It probably means he's either going to be dropped from the game or killed. Knowing gantz it'll prob be the latter.
Yeah, usually it would be the latter, but GANTZ is malfunctioning right now. It could mean a whole range of things. Hell for all we know, it could kill everyone or give everyone else 100 points, maybe even bring some people back for no reason. (I'm crossing my fingers for the old guy coming back due to malfunction).
Old 2009-04-05, 21:14   Link #1533
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Yeah, usually it would be the latter, but GANTZ is malfunctioning right now. It could mean a whole range of things. Hell for all we know, it could kill everyone or give everyone else 100 points, maybe even bring some people back for no reason. (I'm crossing my fingers for the old guy coming back due to malfunction).
True, true. Lets just hope nobody ends up dying now.
Old 2009-04-06, 02:25   Link #1534
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
True, true. Lets just hope nobody ends up dying now.
Let's not. Gantz wouldn't be Gantz if people didn't die.

Edit: That may have been too terse. Nothing wrong with hoping for that for the characters, it's a natural human thing to do; however, it would change this manga for the worse if everyone always survived, and that's why I wouldn't hope for that for the manga.

Last edited by yononaka; 2009-04-06 at 03:04.
Old 2009-04-10, 10:28   Link #1535
Telcalipoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Let's not. Gantz wouldn't be Gantz if people didn't die.

Edit: That may have been too terse. Nothing wrong with hoping for that for the characters, it's a natural human thing to do; however, it would change this manga for the worse if everyone always survived, and that's why I wouldn't hope for that for the manga.
yeah

heres to a second death to kei

soo ugh anyone ever wonder why gantz has human inside of it? and more importantly does the human need to be replace every so often? kei the next gantz
Old 2009-04-12, 12:30   Link #1536
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcalipoca View Post
yeah

heres to a second death to kei

soo ugh anyone ever wonder why gantz has human inside of it? and more importantly does the human need to be replace every so often? kei the next gantz
You're a funny guy... I think the quality of the manga declined after Kei died, He is the only main character I actually root for out of all the mangas I read. There is just something about him that makes you want for him to survive and win. I place myself in his shoes when I read the manga and I rarely do that for any other main characters. Why the Kurono hate? Is it because you want the story to focus on someone else or is it something else
Old 2009-04-12, 14:54   Link #1537
Telcalipoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
You're a funny guy... I think the quality of the manga declined after Kei died, He is the only main character I actually root for out of all the mangas I read. There is just something about him that makes you want for him to survive and win. I place myself in his shoes when I read the manga and I rarely do that for any other main characters. Why the Kurono hate? Is it because you want the story to focus on someone else or is it something else

i guess i never got over keis first appearance how he was during the begining of the manga.he thought himself smart better than anyone else saw gantz as a place to show off that hit me as someone who was a fool not realizing the situation they were in.a horny guy that couldnt see why the girls wouldnt give him pussy his whole personality pissed me off.i know that he has change loosing all his teamates woke him up surviving a round by himself also help him realize gantz wasnt a game having new teammates that rely on him for survival also help develope him and even his gf changed him for the better.i know that he has gone through alot of character development and his new persona i do like but i cant get the old kei off my head.perhaps i disliked him so much that im unwilling to change my views about him even after acknowledging everything. well whatever the reason kei dying tickles me
Old 2009-04-15, 12:26   Link #1538
noktown

What a great chapter(296),nothing happened,except for the dude that was crying for his mother got a new weapon and Reika wished Suzuku or w/e his name back,and about half of them are finished which i think means Death,since Gantz said they must get a certain amount of points during a mission...
Old 2009-04-15, 13:53   Link #1539
Telcalipoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
What a great chapter(296),nothing happened,except for the dude that was crying for his mother got a new weapon and Reika wished Suzuku or w/e his name back,and about half of them are finished which i think means Death,since Gantz said they must get a certain amount of points during a mission...
yeah since reika and nish were given the option of freedom weapons or reviving i say those who got a finish are going to be killled but i dont understand why did kaou also get 0 points? the only ones that were shown to be fighting were kei reika and katou and katou and kei were fighting side by side providing cover for the other gantz members who were fleing so why did he get 0 points? he is no longer his non killing self ever since the osaka mission(took 3 guys out but only got credit for 1 wtf?) hes killed inorder to survive so him shooting away at nothing or shooting to injure them doesnt seem like something he would do.if kaou is killed it will total bullshit since he DIDNT stay still and do nothing or tried to run away.
Old 2009-04-15, 13:57   Link #1540
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I guess the machine messed up. And most likely that happened to every gantz ball.
Closed Thread