Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 20:03   Link #321
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Dear god...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'll put money down that there is an uncensored version of that on Maybe's desk.
LOL. I'd do the same.

Though I've read almost all of Maybe's works (which are mostly hentai), I would be overjoyed to see Yuuko drawn more exposed than the pic above. And I don't mean seeing her bones BTW.

But alas, it's a shame that mangakas aren't allowed to openly draw characters from their mainstream works in doujinshi or anything that would be categorized as H.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:29   Link #322
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
LOL. I'd do the same.

Though I've read almost all of Maybe's works (which are mostly hentai), I would be overjoyed to see Yuuko drawn more exposed than the pic above. And I don't mean seeing her bones BTW.

But alas, it's a shame that mangakas aren't allowed to openly draw characters from their mainstream works in doujinshi or anything that would be categorized as H.
Well that didn't stop Dall-Young Lim.
Old 2012-04-23, 20:35   Link #323
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
LOL. I'd do the same.

As MrTerrorist stated, how did Im Dalyoung('s artist) get away with it? See the Cross Make series under the circle CDPA.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 21:40   Link #324
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
As MrTerrorist stated, how did Im Dalyoung('s artist) get away with it? See the Cross Make series under the circle CDPA.
Yeah, I've read that too. I think Im Dalyoung, a Korean artist, is a special case since some of his works are published both in Korea and Japan. In Korea it might be perfectly fine to create doujinshi of their mainstream works but in Japan its prohibited. So those restrictions that are normally applied to Japanese mangakas can't really be imposed on him. I could be wrong though but that seems to be the most sensible explanation.
Old 2012-04-23, 23:06   Link #325
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's just a character design, Maybe can do a one shot in some magazine if he wanted. He's already had girls that look like Yuuko, they were the archetype for her in all likelihood.
Old 2012-04-24, 00:57   Link #326
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
A 15 year old girl having that kind of body. Are you kidding me?
I have some of those in my school, though they tend to be on the shorter side.
Old 2012-04-25, 04:11   Link #327
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Watching the latest episode again, I suddenly had this crazy thought.

It was Yuuko's sister who pushed her down those stairs, and the sacrifice was meant to be herself but she betrayed Yuuko and have her take her place. Never liked the old woman to begin with but she does seem suspicious.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:58   Link #328
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

It was Yuuko's sister who pushed her down those stairs, and the sacrifice was meant to be herself but she betrayed Yuuko and have her take her place. Never liked the old woman to begin with but she does seem suspicious.
That's a possibility and sounds like a good conspiracy theory. Yuuko's sister knowledge of her sister's death and also her recent action to tear down the old school building makes her quite suspicious. I also find it strange that she's one the school's elders/authorities. If you know that one of your closest relatives died horribly in your school you'd probably would want to detach yourself from that place. She can only see Shadow Yuuko who embodies her sister's hatred, agony, and despair. But at this point of the manga there's not enough information yet that would point her as the direct cause of Yuuko's death.
Old 2012-04-25, 11:44   Link #329
1upspud

@bumbayker
I've also been thinking about that for a while. Yuuko sister has also been telling her grandchild how evil Yuuko is for the kids hole life then she turns around and tells her not to ask her about Yuuko, theres also that room she made for Yuuko. As if asking for forgiveness. Then when she find out her grandchild is searching for the true story to Yuuko's death she decides to have the old school building torn down.
1upspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:31   Link #330
Shadow5YA

I doubt it. Isn't Yuuko the older sister? If so, it's more likely that it would be Yuuko's duty to become the sacrifice.

There has to be more than one person involved. I don't think a single malicious person is enough to make Yuuko want to completely forget her entire past.
Old 2012-04-25, 15:51   Link #331
bumbayker

Quote:
I doubt it. Isn't Yuuko the older sister? If so, it's more likely that it would be Yuuko's duty to become the sacrifice.
Being the older sibling doesn't necessarily mean she has the burden for being the sacrifice. Its may even be that sacrifice should possess specific traits and qualities to appease the disturbed spirit/god that dwells under the school's grounds. If we consider the theory that Yuuko's sister suppose to be the sacrifice and she was directly involved for her sister's death then it makes some sense to why she remains in the campus and acting the way she was. I wouldn't go as far as she was the one who actually pushed her down the stairs and locking her up. But it feels that's something is amiss about her and she's hiding a lot about her sister's death.

Quote:
There has to be more than one person involved. I don't think a single malicious person is enough to make Yuuko want to completely forget her entire past.
It most likely wasn't one person. But we can't say which individuals were involved expect maybe Yuuko's sister since no one else from the time the school was built has been brought up yet. One thing is certain is Yuuko's death was an extremely traumatic experience to the point that her spirit was split into 2 separate entities. Since Yuuko's sister can only see Yuuko's dark half, it implies that she was somehow involved in the whole scheme.
Old 2012-04-25, 15:58   Link #332
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

OMFG i haven't thought of that..
It make sense. Her sister still stay at the campus even at her old age. It could be to punish herself for betraying her sister.
I think it's not just her sister, but a group of people. But her sister could have a huge involvement in it.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:01   Link #333
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Current Episode Adaptation Guide:

Episode 1: Chapter 1 with added details
Episode 2: Pilot and Chapter 0
Episode 3: Chapters 4, 5 and 6 (Chapters 2 and 3 skipped)

Based on how Takamatsu-sensei was taken out from Episode 3, we should assume that the arc dedicated to her backstory would not appear. So,

Episode 4: Chapter 8 and 9, to be continued on Episode 5
Episode 5: Chapters 9 and 10
Episode 6: Chapter 11 and 12
Episode 7: Chapter 13 and 14
Episode 8: Chapter 15 and 16
Episode 9: Chapter 17 and 18
Episode 10: Chapter 19 and 20
Episode 11: Chapter 21, 22 and 23

At 11 Episodes, there will be a decent closure of events, based on how a single story arc in the manga can be adopted into a single episode (see Episode 3).

I think that the stories should end by Volume 4 as it has a better ending than Chapter 23 (reconciliation with Shadow Yuuko).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:21   Link #334
bumbayker

May I ask where you found the anime episode guide? Is it official or just a logical guess on how much it would cover the manga?

I don't think we should count out Takamatsu-sensei just yet. I know that she was introduced before Kirie in the manga but I think the anime wanted all the main characters introduced first. If she doesn't appear in the next 2 - 3 episodes then I think its safe to assume that she's cut out completely in the adaptation.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-26 at 05:01.
Old 2012-04-26, 04:21   Link #335
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Just a guess lol. By the way, she is supposed to appear in Episode 3, but her role was taken out, so I assumed that her arc would be scrapped too.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 04:55   Link #336
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Just a guess lol. By the way, she is supposed to appear in Episode 3, but her role was taken out, so I assumed that her arc would be scrapped too.
We'll have to see if Takamatsu-sensei will be introduced in the next couple of episodes. Her main arc is at chapter 7 which is after Teiichi first met Kirie. Personally I think that the anime is better off ending at chapter 18 since it feels more climactic. It also allows for more material from the manga for a possible second season.

I also noticed that episode 3 changed the scene of Dark Yuuko. In the anime Kirie just walks away in the hallway and Dark Yuuko watches her from behind. But in manga she actually encounters her.
Old 2012-04-26, 17:16   Link #337
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think that the stories should end by Volume 4 as it has a better ending than Chapter 23 (reconciliation with Shadow Yuuko).
Seems like a pretty decent guess. At first I figured that if they aimed to have everything, then the anime wouldn't make it past volume 3 with the suspenseful encounter between the club and the shadow, but as of now, they are obviously rushing a little forward. There is also the chance of them making up an ending, after all the bell has to do something

I'm hoping that they don't cut Kirishima, I think she is an interesting character solely based on how much she changes through the series (from past flashbacks to the end of her arc).

Spoiler for Images from Vol 6:

edit :

The first episode is out in niconico already, feedback seems to be really positive (over 8k views and over 1k comments in 7 hours, and let's not forget that those 7hours have been from 00am to 6am, when a lot of people aren't seeing videos).

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-04-26 at 17:39.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 17:35   Link #338
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I'm hoping that they don't cut Kirishima, I think she is an interesting character solely based on how much she changes through the series (from past flashbacks to the end of her arc).
I honestly don't think they will cut her out. Her story arc is significant and is a transition of the plot towards Shadow Yuuko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Spoiler for Images from Vol 6:
Damn you Maybe! You just don't know when to stop with those enticing images of Yuuko.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:16   Link #339
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1upspud View Post
Yuuko sister has also been telling her grandchild how evil Yuuko is for the kids hole life then she turns around and tells her not to ask her about Yuuko
Actually she hasn't been. Kirie only found out about Yuuko by finding a picture of her in an old book. Her grandmother told her that that was her (the grandmother's) older sister Yuuko, who had died when Yuuko was 15. She didn't say anything else. Kirie even says specifically "My grandmother didn't tell me anything else."
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:23   Link #340
Shadow5YA

I suspect that like Yuuko, the only reason Shadow Yuuko looks as bad as she does is because people see her that way. Remember when Kirie was introduced and she made Teiichi all paranoid?

I think part of the reason why Shadow Yuuko looks... abnormal is because everyone sees Yuuko's past in a negative light. If I recall correctly, Shadow Yuuko looks perfectly normal when she reconciled with regular Yuuko in chapter 23.

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural