AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-07-27, 18:40   Link #181
Meatrose
Antihero

Rofl, yeah well those voices were totally crap for the Kanon-ladies. On the other hand, I don't really care since I would never watch the DVD:s in english. But for those of you who DO watch the dub... I feel sorry for you if those VA:s gets back in business for the Kanon-dub. ^^

Anyhow, it was nice to see that the subtitles looked a bit better than what I'm used to by now. Not the same pixelstained yellow crap they usually go for.

Can't really wait to get my hands on this one. I'm from Sweden and I'm ordering the DVD from a local store. The problem is that the release-date here is 2007-08-14. I think I'll survive the wait though.
Old 2007-07-27, 19:42   Link #182
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

another question...for people who already saw the dub, do yall think the sentences or sounds flow okay if they just left the "gao" alone in japanese (original seiyuus just for the "gao", like how they didnt mess with "pika" in pokemon), with the rest in english?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:29   Link #183
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thumbs up

The DVD that comes with the August, 2007 issue of Newtype USA has the first episode of AIR on it!

I was impressed with the dub cast and give the first episode a thumbs up!

Looking forward to the first DVD volume!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 02:59   Link #184
Jeiku

Quote:
The DVD that comes with the August, 2007 issue of Newtype USA has the first episode of AIR on it!
Oh, man. Now I have to get that issue. I preordered the first volume already, but I just can't wait for the DVD to arrive to get a first impression on ADV's dub.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 12:39   Link #185
FireChick

Okay something's bugging me. Air TV just got released on DVD a few days ago, but every store online that I go to, they always say that they're gonna have it in stores August 14th! Stores should have it in by now! ADV rescheduled their release! Can't they understand that? Best Buy, Amazon, Ebay, Suncoast, everywhere I go (on website) they always say they're gonna release it August 14th! It JUST came out people!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 15:12   Link #186
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Okay something's bugging me. Air TV just got released on DVD a few days ago, but every store online that I go to, they always say that they're gonna have it in stores August 14th! Stores should have it in by now! ADV rescheduled their release! Can't they understand that? Best Buy, Amazon, Ebay, Suncoast, everywhere I go (on website) they always say they're gonna release it August 14th! It JUST came out people!
ADV didn't change the release schedule, they sold it a month early directly through their web site; everyone else will still have it in August. Buying through their site means you'll probably pay full price though (~$30).
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 15:47   Link #187
FireChick

Oh. Sorry. Darn it! Curse my stupid brain once AGAIN!
Old 2007-07-30, 02:49   Link #188
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Recent posts about the dubbing have been moved into The Dubbing of AIR TV thread
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 23:07   Link #189
Flare_Dragon

August?
I bought the Aug one...
Do you guys mean Sept. Issue?

Last edited by Flare_Dragon; 2007-07-30 at 23:13. Reason: spelling >.>
Flare_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 23:22   Link #190
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
DVD Pacific have started shipping their preorders of Volume 1 in the last few days. Not just the ADV shop, it appears

-Andiyar
Old 2007-08-01, 05:52   Link #191
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
DVD Pacific have started shipping their preorders of Volume 1 in the last few days. Not just the ADV shop, it appears

-Andiyar
While I'm happy for everyone who gets their preorders early, some online shops start shipping what they have in stock early; with the cheapest shipping option, it usually works out that the "early" shipping arrives at your door around the release date anyway. That's what always happened to me.

DeepDiscount's shipping policy states "Pre-orders are scheduled to ship to arrive on or about the product street date." I'd guess DVDPacific might have similar policy.

*sigh* I need to figure out how to fit the Air DVDs into my budget...
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 08:00   Link #192
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Robotnik

Actually, this is rather odd, in terms of DVD Pacific at least. They almost always ship no more than a day or two before release date - it's been maybe once in my three or four years of shopping with them that they've had stock this early. I think it might just be ADV being a bit more on the ball with this release than they'd anticipated

-Andiyar
Old 2007-11-23, 13:03   Link #193
FireChick

Yes! I finally got Air volume 1 on DVD! I can't watch it until Christmas though. man!