Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-03, 03:32   Link #1
Kouji
StrykerX

One Piece Live Cast

I know this' weird, but if you could picture any live movie actor portraying as the characters of this anime. Which one's could you see doing the characters?
Old 2004-04-03, 03:37   Link #2
Baka_Panda316
RoaR

Send a message via AIM to Baka_Panda316
is it possible to play any of these characters? Naruto was slightly reasonable due to the fact that they could replace half the ninjutsu with taijutsu and have martail artist specailist through the live action- but one piece is kinda twisted to the extreme: there would be to many graphics involved that any acting at all would loose quality
Old 2004-04-03, 03:50   Link #3
Kouji
StrykerX

I guess, but it wouldn't hurt to try ne?
Old 2004-04-03, 04:16   Link #4
A Lamer
あほぉ&

how much cgi would there really be? other than luffy, none of the other characters are at all odd, unless you count chopper. Sanji's especially long legs when hes kicking could be accomplished quite easily - and quite professionally - with a camera with... umm.. whats the word.. field of view? point of view? something like that. The thing that sorta distorts objects distances and lengths, depending on how close they are to the camera.

Anyway, I actually had a couple vague ideas for casting, I'll have a look tomorrow.
Old 2004-04-03, 11:17   Link #5
uchiha fan
o chibi chan

live cast
tada...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-03, 12:16   Link #6
Shadow_Skill

Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha fan
live cast
tada...

Spoiler:
That was kool, and funny aswell
Old 2004-04-03, 14:16   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Dude, the show itself would be so flooded with CGI that it would darned near kill it. Either that or it would be extremely expensive.

Besides, the cast they have in that pic looks dumb. Not the people themselves, just how their costumes look. I say they need to stay away from a live action. IT would suck immencely.
Old 2004-04-03, 14:47   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Dude, the show itself would be so flooded with CGI that it would darned near kill it.
And what persey would require it to be flooded with CGI?
Old 2004-04-03, 15:41   Link #9
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
And what persey would require it to be flooded with CGI?
Well if we wanted to see things like Luffy stretching, or Chopper transformations even Chopper himself not to mention:
Spoiler:

It would be for the best if they used some CGI in those effects, however if they mantain it to minimal and they make it as a expensive one perhaps it could go well, not as nice as Anime of course but not a bad one, but since i am not seeing any big company wanting to make a expensive movie about One Piece i agree with Lord Raiden, they better stay way from a live action movie otherwise they will butcher the franchise.
Old 2004-04-03, 21:04   Link #10
Joe Dalton

seriously how could you act luffy?
Or most of the other characters for that matter.

LEAVE ANIME AND OR CARTOONS FOR WHAT THEY ARE NO MOVIES!!!!
I mean how many of them have been good?
I still have nighmares about Xmen the movie... everynight I end up under my bed crying out that the lame actors are comming 2 get me
Old 2004-04-04, 00:11   Link #11
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha fan
live cast
tada...

Spoiler:
That guy that dress as Luffy look quite right. And about actor/actress for One Piece, I can't really think of any. LOL at Joe-san about lame actor coming to get you. All I know is that they ruin wolverine image and magneto
Old 2004-04-05, 09:41   Link #12
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

Captain Buggy looks awesome
Old 2004-04-05, 10:24   Link #13
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Sanji looks........
Old 2004-04-05, 11:35   Link #14
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

ok COMPLETELY offtopic but recently these live-action threads with naruto and now OP has me thinking: why hasn't someone done a live-action for rurouni kenshin yet? god that would be awesome(and realistic) to do...imagine some cgi involving the onibafu-slash-something or kenshin's technique....drools
Old 2004-04-05, 12:23   Link #15
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka_Panda316
is it possible to play any of these characters? Naruto was slightly reasonable due to the fact that they could replace half the ninjutsu with taijutsu and have martail artist specailist through the live action- but one piece is kinda twisted to the extreme: there would be to many graphics involved that any acting at all would loose quality

It's definetely possible to play many of the characters. Zoro, Nami, Sanji, and even Usopp can be played. As for Luffy and the rest of the characters who use special powers from the devil fruit; they can also be played, but some good amount of CG would be needed (or some good video editing )
Old 2004-04-16, 06:39   Link #16
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy
Wink ?

if Naruto was older then the main character in the move SWAT would be good (but he isn't japanese,damn!!)
Old 2004-04-16, 15:53   Link #17
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Is it really necessary to debate whether or not it could be done? or whether the cgi would look good or whatever? How 'bout we just have some fun trying to fit actors and actresses into the roles and forget about all the details? We arent actually making the movie peoples?
Trogdorrrrr!!!!!!
Old 2004-04-18, 20:32   Link #18
socketman

jason biggs(american pie) as usop
the dude who played legolas could be sanji
Old 2004-04-21, 15:20   Link #19
A Lamer
あほぉ&

The guy who did that sanji really doesnt fit. It may seem like a rude thing to say, but asians just dont make good blondes.

That luffy though.. holy shit does he look great.
Old 2004-04-21, 16:17   Link #20
uchiha fan
o chibi chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by partykidjanny
Interesting Factoid: The guy [Tsuchiya Yuichi] who dressed as Sanji and the one who dressed as Zoro [Moriyama Eiji], are in Tenimyu, the Prince of Tennis musical. Tsuchiya as Oishi, and Moriyama Eiji as Momo.
Ahhh your right it's Tsuchiya dam he looks nothing like Oishi in the musical. Golden Pair!! MoriEiji is great he is such a ham, wonder how he acts as Zoro. Nice interesting facts, wants more.

Kicks self, and I call myself a PoT fan, cant believe I didnt recognize Tsuchiya
Closed Thread