AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 180 70.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 14.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.53%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-02, 07:29   Link #221
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

On its defense, Torch is not an upbeat sugar parade song when taking the whole song and the lyrics into consideration, but certainly its intro doesn't help its cause
Old 2009-02-02, 07:51   Link #222
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Torch definately ruined the overall mood of the episodes end for me... I kinda saw it coming, but hoped for a better ending theme to suit the moment...
Old 2009-02-02, 08:46   Link #223
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When I heard that Torch was played for episode 16 I skipped it on the video player and went stright for the preview, which is why the ED didn't affect my overall judgement.

Based on the episode titles, what some game vets call as the true BAW moment is still some episodes away, so don't be tossing that towel in the laundry just yet.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-02-02 at 10:13. Reason: bad portion removed
Old 2009-02-02, 09:30   Link #224
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ok, no matter how mindblowingly beautiful Chiisana Tenohira is, it should not be played in any ED other than the True End.
I completely agree with you. That song basically wraps up everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Based on the episode titles, what some game vets call as the true BAW moment is still some episodes away, so don't be tossing that towel in the laundry just yet.
Please educate me on what episode number that is. You may use spoiler tags. I'm thinking it's either
Spoiler for guess:
Old 2009-02-02, 09:39   Link #225
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Great episode, I am strange, After the episode I was thinking about the Tomoyo Family postcard.

Not showing this, make me have a little hope about a Tomoyo After Animation. (I not know the story)

Yes, I am a Tomoyo Fan. (and before the episode 24)
Old 2009-02-02, 10:31   Link #226
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

in regards to the comparison between AIR and this.. AIR was executed a lot better. i didn't think this was nearly as emotional as AIR. yeah, yada yada yada she died, but the scene immediately before that and during it was not ideal. the movie did it much better.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:35   Link #227
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... I'm curious, what do yo refer with when you say that it was not ideal? Would you mind to elaborate?
Old 2009-02-02, 12:30   Link #228
Jimmy C

Note to SS-Eclipse: It "branes" not "planes". Please correct on the widescreen edition.
Old 2009-02-02, 12:45   Link #229
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering that I was able to no fully cry until I listened to Dango Daikazoku after watching this episode...I'm not sure if that is a good choice...for people's sanity.

It is more or less the perfect ending theme for the episode...but the depression it will cause may be too large to messure.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:05   Link #230
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

In chronological order:

- Finally Dango Mk III completes the Dango Family Set.

- It was great to see Sunohara again, and strangely enough, he just felt and acted more mature compared to the blond jerk he used to be. How times change.

- In addition to Sunohara, it was also great to see the twins and Kotomi. Though no Tomoyo and Yukine, but they still get a mention. Ryou and Kotomi were absent in the After Story segment of the game, and their inclusion here was put to good use by having them explain the existence of the alternate world and multiple possibilities, which will become important afterwards.

- It was also great to see Yoshino's Love & Spanner Indie album get a mention, though I'm surprised Key still hasn't milked this opportunity by releasing a CD single. (The process of coming up with the name "Love & Spanner" by Yoshino and Tomoya was one of the most hilarious aspects in After Story, pity it wasn't included. )

- There were many Illusionary World scenes as well, the rest is up to the viewer to put two and two together.

- Nagisa is a strong girl, but in the end, she had to go. Rest in Peace, your effort to give birth to Ushio will not be in vain, and the story WILL continue.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:17   Link #231
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Prolly to add to kinny... Nagisa's effort is not in vain, although it's obvious that her absense leaves the Furukawa bearing a hefty load if not the brunt of what's to come.

To be blunt and morbid about all that, I can pretty much say that the actual work would be

-portmortem of Nagisa
-filing of death certificate
-funeral arrangements
-issueing of notice of funeral services
-burial or cremation
-social security and other insurance filing process
*child custody papers
*property issues

all in all, this typically amounts to quite a bill, just to add insult to injury.

Such things must be completed before the bereaved family can simply grieve and get on with what's ahead. Most if not all of which would be placed squarely on the Furukawa due to the financial constraint of Tomoya and his sheer lack of experience* (assuming if his mental state is fine). The details are mundane for such things and most likely no one would even remember having jumped through the bureaucratic loops to be honest.

*I am not even sure if Sanae and Akio are familiar with death proceedings as they are fairly young themselves. Naoyuki unfortunately wouldn't be of much assistance...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-02-02 at 13:28.
Old 2009-02-02, 15:21   Link #232
sikvod00

*Speculating*
I'm guessing that Sanae and Akio's characters won't change much after their daughters death, since they'll need to be the initial support for Tomoya. In that sense, he can afford to go into a temporary state of despair and neglect Ushio, since she has two tremendous grandparents...grandparents who look like college students. My gawd I still can't get over how young they look
Old 2009-02-02, 15:47   Link #233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they could be as young as their late 30s be this episode. (Nagisa'a 21 years old...thus they would have been 18 at the oldest to still be in their 30s now).
Old 2009-02-02, 17:22   Link #234
Solafighter
Hige

Awsome episode... The second half... unexplainable... Very well maded. Awsome... I knew, what happens but it happened to sudden... to sudden...
Old 2009-02-02, 17:49   Link #235
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

WOW WOW WOW wtf ! Like i said before , i have a bad feelings !! And yes its very sad .......
Raaaa Nagisa why ..... yeah Ushio is born but sad for Nagisa and Tomoya ...
But i think Tomoya is an idiot to think "if" only ..... etc .....
He was happy with Nagisa and Nagisa and give birth Ushio how did he always say it ?

And omg , the little nagisa like and the robot annoys me !
Still wondering since the S1 why they introduce them ???
But with Kotomi's explainations with the other worlds , i think its like that , they live in another world ... well its hard to believe ....
Old 2009-02-02, 18:14   Link #236
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
*Speculating*
I'm guessing that Sanae and Akio's characters won't change much after their daughters death, since they'll need to be the initial support for Tomoya. In that sense, he can afford to go into a temporary state of despair and neglect Ushio, since she has two tremendous grandparents...grandparents who look like college students. My gawd I still can't get over how young they look
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well they could be as young as their late 30s be this episode. (Nagisa'a 21 years old...thus they would have been 18 at the oldest to still be in their 30s now).
Sanae is 38 at the start of Clannad... She's 40 at this point in time.

Akio might be a bit older.
Old 2009-02-02, 18:20   Link #237
Arveene

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Prolly to add to kinny... Nagisa's effort is not in vain, although it's obvious that her absense leaves the Furukawa bearing a hefty load if not the brunt of what's to come.

To be blunt and morbid about all that, I can pretty much say that the actual work would be

-portmortem of Nagisa
-filing of death certificate
-funeral arrangements
-issueing of notice of funeral services
-burial or cremation
-social security and other insurance filing process
*child custody papers
*property issues

all in all, this typically amounts to quite a bill, just to add insult to injury.

Such things must be completed before the bereaved family can simply grieve and get on with what's ahead. Most if not all of which would be placed squarely on the Furukawa due to the financial constraint of Tomoya and his sheer lack of experience* (assuming if his mental state is fine). The details are mundane for such things and most likely no one would even remember having jumped through the bureaucratic loops to be honest.

*I am not even sure if Sanae and Akio are familiar with death proceedings as they are fairly young themselves. Naoyuki unfortunately wouldn't be of much assistance...
Interesting thing to note about that.. Tomoya's father would have the experience of going through this.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:13   Link #238
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Looks as though Tomoya is going through similar experiences as his father. Hope he doesn't become passive towards Ushio like his father was towards him. Nagisa is retarded, they could've adopted if she wanted a kid so bad.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:15   Link #239
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Looks as though Tomoya is going through similar experiences as his father. Hope he doesn't become passive towards Ushio like his father was towards him. Nagisa is retarded, they could've adopted if she wanted a kid so bad.
he'll probably do that for a bit.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:17   Link #240
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Nagisa is retarded, they could've adopted if she wanted a kid so bad.
What Nagisa wanted was to have a child with her Tomoya-kun. For it to be THEIR child.
Closed Thread