AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 19:11   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

3DS is going to have a cerebral connection
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:45   Link #42
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Beside the 3D, the old DS is reaching its limits on what it could do. My Dragon Quest 4 DS game slows to a crawl when I went to a game town that had 13 human characters onscreen at once. This is because the game is a Playstation port. One of the markets for the handheld is the porting of old console games, and they have ran out of SNES games to port from. If they want to port Playstation and Game Cube games, a hardware upgrade is necessary.
If I recall, the DSi has more powerful hardware, so that would probably fix that issue. If you didn't want to wait for the 3DS, that is.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:54   Link #43
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If I recall, the DSi has more powerful hardware, so that would probably fix that issue. If you didn't want to wait for the 3DS, that is.
It's been said (and pretty obvious) that DS games do not, and cannot take advantage of the DSi's extra RAM and processor power. They would have to be DSi games (DSiware) or DSi enhanced games (Sonic Classic Collection) to be improved on.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 05:59   Link #44
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Beside the 3D, the old DS is reaching its limits on what it could do. My Dragon Quest 4 DS game slows to a crawl when I went to a game town that had 13 human characters onscreen at once. This is because the game is a Playstation port. One of the markets for the handheld is the porting of old console games, and they have ran out of SNES games to port from. If they want to port Playstation and Game Cube games, a hardware upgrade is necessary.

The original DS came out 6 years ago. It's time to update. The 3D is just a bonus, and I hope it isn't a mandatory requirement for 3rd party developers.
Well developers kit seems to say the 3DS will have about Gamecube's capabilities. Though this could be a rumor, forgot if the source was reliable or not.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 06:01   Link #45
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Keh, as if Mr. PS3 (failure of the current generation) Sony's words are more convincing than Nintendo's.
Actually, isn't this deja vu...? I swear I remember them making fun of the Wii several years ago...
Sony and other 3D tv manufacturers could be in trouble if the technology used in the 3DS proves to be decent for TV size adoptation and more accepted by the public rather than screens relying on shutter glasses. Of course sony want to see alternative technology to fail, because of their investment in probably the wrong technology. But unlike the Wii and PS3, the technology can damage whole range of sony products.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 06:01   Link #46
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

That was a rumor yeah .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:15   Link #47
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Keh, as if Mr. PS3 (failure of the current generation) Sony's words are more convincing than Nintendo's.
Actually, isn't this deja vu...? I swear I remember them making fun of the Wii several years ago...

Don't think you're the only one.
Old 2010-03-25, 13:15   Link #48
l33t_n00b

Makes me wonder what the next PSP is gonna be like.
Probably will also be announced this E3 to counter Nintendo.
And I'm gonna bet it has 3D and touch screen.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:00   Link #49
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

PSP will wait till the 3DS comes out see how well it does in sales, buy one analyze it and come out with the PSP Real.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:03   Link #50
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I thought PSP GO was the PSP successor.
Old 2010-03-25, 15:08   Link #51
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

If you don't know , recently PSP got a new gadget => Tilt FX :

Old 2010-03-25, 15:27   Link #52
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama
Nintendo is the video game version of disney
That's a gross exaggeration. It's not like they own nearly all the big video game companies, for one thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Why would they continue to support an older system? No gaming company does that (not counting the ever so rare PS2 release).
Wrong. Sony still supported the PS2 even when the PS3 was out. Actually, they may still be supporting it right now. I'm not sure.

Back in the day, Sega was supporting its Mega Drive/Genesis along with its Master System and its Game Gear.
Quote:
I fear for the next generation of games if they all have all this interactive stuff because I will look crazy on the bus playing games like this where you need to interact rather than press buttons
Man, just playing on a portable console on the bus makes you look like a dork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
You talk as if porting home console games to the DS is what makes it great. That's not the case. There are many original games as well.

That DQIV DS is a PSX port doesn't mean anything. The DS is more powerful than a PSX both in processing power and graphical capabilities. The 'problem' is that with the two screens you can display a lot of NPCs at once, which taxes it. The PSX showed less NPCs on the screen at any time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk
I thought PSP GO was the PSP successor.
The PSP Go is a new model of the PSP without a UMD drive. It plays the same games.

Last edited by Benoit; 2010-03-25 at 15:45.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:50   Link #53
l33t_n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
If you don't know , recently PSP got a new gadget => Tilt FX :

Nintendo already did that on the Gameboy Color with Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble :P
I think tilting and turning technology is nothing special any more, most phones have it too now :P
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 17:34   Link #54
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep . This one is just a plus .
Old 2010-03-25, 18:15   Link #55
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
That's a gross exaggeration. It's not like they own nearly all the big video game companies, for one thing.

Man, just playing on a portable console on the bus makes you look like a dork.
1. Yeah I know it is an exaggeration the only similarities is that they are souless money making machines. (IT PRINTS MONEY!)

And they hold a monopoly over their respective industries.

2. I do not know how playing a portable console on the bus makes you look like a dork (what other things are there to do to keep you entertained?). But looking like a dork is one thing, screaming and flailing about to complete a level just makes you look retarded.

Im going to wait until a prototype comes out or something like that before I set any of my judgements in stone...

However I hope that 3rd party developers dont think that they HAVE to use the 3D and stuff like that in every game just like how they uncomfortably forced the touch screen into a lot of games.

Still like the DS though just dont like a majority of the games because it seems like a lot of video games companies want to ride Nintendo's money horse by making games for it. But their system doesnt intergrate all that well with the console and the controls and game feel weird.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 21:31   Link #56
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sony said that the PSP was on a 10 (or was it 8?) year plan. And they don't plan on releasing another handheld until then. So there's still a lot of time before we see another PSP, unless of course they want their nuts crushed again
Old 2010-03-26, 01:42   Link #57
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just recently started to warm up to my PSP.

Gundam vs Gundam Next, Crisis Core, PS1 games....and soon Birth By Sleep. Then all of a sudden Nintendo drops this FUCKING bomb.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 07:40   Link #58
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
And they hold a monopoly over their respective industries.
Nintendo doesn't have even close of a monopoly on the video game industry.
Quote:
I do not know how playing a portable console on the bus makes you look like a dork (what other things are there to do to keep you entertained?).
It's like that in my country. Seeing a teenager or grown-up play a portable console on the bus is a rare sight. People find it weird. Even more if it's a Nintendo portable console, because they always associate it with Pokémon.
Old 2010-03-26, 09:18   Link #59
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Here in Seattle, I tend to take the Bus more than driving, and I see all sorts of people playing with their DS or PSP, ranging from little kids to teenagers to men in suits.
Old 2010-03-26, 09:52   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

In Singapore, men and women of all ages carry handhelds on public transport, if not Iphones.

Even in peak hours, you can see people watching anime on their PSP or Iphone and the people packed around him would be watching from the side. Not just men, I've seen office ladies standing with handbag tucked under the arm, playing Dynasty Warriors, watching Bleach, Japanese game shows, Hollywood movies etc.

When a new game is released, you can see everyone playing the same game, Crisis Core, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Dissidia etc.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds