AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 09:32   Link #29081
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Can anyone read the japanese premium thing by the bandai logo? What does it say?
It says something about a Unicorn campaign special item(?) and a tri-age card of the Unicorn Banshee Norn to be included in the box. These special items would most likely only be released in the first batch of Banshe Norn kits.

My Japanese ain't that good but that's what I was able to roughly translate. Hope this helps.
Old 2013-02-19, 10:31   Link #29082
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I agree that RD Aegis looks really good, but it does not transform, a negative point for me.
Well, since I never care about Aegis' MA Mode that much, being un-transformable isn't really a minus for me. All I care is the MS mode.

If I really want to display Aegis in all its MA Mode glory, I would take the cheaper alternative by buying the HG 1/100 from bargain bin which already looks good enough.
Old 2013-02-19, 11:23   Link #29083
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, since I never care about Aegis' MA Mode that much, being un-transformable isn't really a minus for me. All I care is the MS mode.

If I really want to display Aegis in all its MA Mode glory, I would take the cheaper alternative by buying the HG 1/100 from bargain bin which already looks good enough.
Yup.
If you want a Aegis in any scale to transform, get either the HG "Remaster", MG, or the HG 1/100...
Old 2013-02-19, 17:56   Link #29084
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:08   Link #29085
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance
RDs are really out of scale. Most of the time, they're smaller than their HG counterpart. But I'd still buy an RD Sinanju when I get the chance.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 21:36   Link #29086
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don’t have those RDs you mentioned, but here’s a size comparison:

(left) RD Unicorn Full Action – (right) RD Unicorn regular

(left) RD Unicorn regular – (right) RD Sinanju

(left) RD Sinanju - (right) RD Banshee

link
Old 2013-02-19, 21:39   Link #29087
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lord, but this thread gets confusing to me at times, thanks to Robot Damashii and my bloody screen name.
Old 2013-02-20, 02:20   Link #29088
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
I have an RD sinanju, full action unicorn destroy mode and a old normal unicorn.

I did not measure the scales. The old normal RD unicorn and unicorn destroy mode are smaller then the new full action unicorn destroy and the yet to be released normal unicorn. Which of the 2 is the best in scale with sinanju i don't know, i think the full action, but not shure.

I don't see what the problem might be, RD's are not in exact scale, but it does not bother me.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 02:58   Link #29089
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't see what the problem might be, RD's are not in exact scale, but it does not bother me.
Some people simply want their kits/figures to be in correct scale when posed together.
Old 2013-02-20, 03:58   Link #29090
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Some people simply want their kits/figures to be in correct scale when posed together.
^This. Thanks @Obelisk and Firefo The Sinanju looks a little taller than the Banshee, so I will pick it up soon^^
Old 2013-02-20, 07:09   Link #29091
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
^This. Thanks @Obelisk and Firefo The Sinanju looks a little taller than the Banshee, so I will pick it up soon^^
I can take a picture this evening with sinanju and Full action unicorn destroy if that might help
Old 2013-02-20, 07:49   Link #29092
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I can take a picture this evening with sinanju and Full action unicorn destroy if that might help
That would be great if you could do that for me. Thank you
Old 2013-02-20, 14:16   Link #29093
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
That would be great if you could do that for me. Thank you

I have the impression that unicorn is slightly bigger then sinanju
Old 2013-02-20, 14:52   Link #29094
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:

I have the impression that unicorn is slightly bigger then sinanju
Kinda looks like it... Thanks for the pic. The size-difference doesn't seem to be that far off between the two. On one of the pics Obelisk postet, they look fine together IMO. Just have to see for myself I guess^^
Old 2013-02-20, 21:11   Link #29095
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
On one of the pics Obelisk postet, they look fine together IMO. Just have to see for myself I guess^^
Actually, if you see my post again, the second picture is between RD Unicorn regular with RD Sinanju. They look good together because RD Unicorn regular is smaller than RD Sinanju so they’re in somewhat kinda correct scale. Firefox’ comparison is between RD Unicorn Full Action & RD Sinanju. RD Unicorn Full Action is closer to HG size than the regular one. So, Firefox is right when he said that Unicorn Full Action is bigger than Sinanju which is quite off-scale. Here’s a comparison pic between a RD Sinanju and HG Unicorn (which closer in size with RD Unicorn Full Action). They’re a bit modified by the owner but it doesn’t change their size:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, if you want both RD Sinanju & RD Unicorn to be in (somewhat) correct scale together, don't buy the Full Action one.

Maybe duotiga who owns anything unicorn can confirm this? Or not?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-02-20 at 21:54.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 21:37   Link #29096
Skye629

Anyone know where to get RD figures for a good price? IMO they're a bit overpriced being of the same price as an expensive HG or a regular MG release. while at the same time being even smaller
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:08   Link #29097
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
I'll need to take pictures tonight to do the comparison
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 00:10   Link #29098
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Anyone know where to get RD figures for a good price? IMO they're a bit overpriced being of the same price as an expensive HG or a regular MG release. while at the same time being even smaller
Anything that's pre-built will always be expensive. They have all the necessary paint apps even though they are smaller in size.

I just want an RD Sinanju so I can play with it the whole day without worrying its joint will get loose. However, it's quite rare nowadays. Thinking of buying an Advanced GN-X Deborah Galena use but it's quite pricey.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:39   Link #29099
Skye629

Can anyone suggest fixes to the HG Harute?

My problems:
-Weak ankles and feet
-Back heavy (ok this dont count)
-Front Skirts fall off often
-Legs come off waist easily due to hip connection

Needless to say its a bitch to pose, I have it in the "standing" pose while using the back parts to lean against the back of my display case
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 03:21   Link #29100
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Actually, if you see my post again, the second picture is between RD Unicorn regular with RD Sinanju. They look good together because RD Unicorn regular is smaller than RD Sinanju so they’re in somewhat kinda correct scale. Firefox’ comparison is between RD Unicorn Full Action & RD Sinanju. RD Unicorn Full Action is closer to HG size than the regular one. So, Firefox is right when he said that Unicorn Full Action is bigger than Sinanju which is quite off-scale. Here’s a comparison pic between a RD Sinanju and HG Unicorn (which closer in size with RD Unicorn Full Action). They’re a bit modified by the owner but it doesn’t change their size:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, if you want both RD Sinanju & RD Unicorn to be in (somewhat) correct scale together, don't buy the Full Action one.

Maybe duotiga who owns anything unicorn can confirm this? Or not?
I already have the Full Action Unicorn And a bunch of the HGUC Unicorns. The RD is a little smaller than the HGUC. So, going by your pic, the Sinanju should still be a little bit taller than the Full Actiob Unicorn.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy