AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-03, 02:33   Link #21741
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
You gotta stop linking to the American Thinker. That place is not a site that tries to be unbiased. It is like the step-child of Fox News. In fact, I just looked up more articles from that site tonight. It is even worse than Fox News.
why not?

for now it's fair game unless others also stop linking to MMA/D-KOS/MoveON and the the giant HuffPo OP/ED

a true stalemate will only result in 3 sites deemed worthy of linking when concerning American interests: AP, Reuters and Christian Science Monitor.

Last edited by flying ^; 2012-06-03 at 04:14.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:21   Link #21742
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Why are the French getting an 'MP for London'?

Interesting. I wonder if they will also have MPs from other countries as well?
Old 2012-06-03, 04:01   Link #21743
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I can see someone has never seen "conventional cages" (which are like something out of Sinclair's The Jungle) ... and the Humane Society is far from some "fringe animal rights" group or a "powerhouse" in comparision to the corporate farm lobby (not a friend to family farms, btw). Do some research on how family farms were hijacked/enslaved by the large corporations who demand extraordinarily abusive treatment of the assets (the chickens) and the threats they use to force family farms into their systems.

This has all happened in the last 20 or 30 years so I suppose someone younger might not be aware of just how fucked up the "food" industry has become. Oh but wait, we have this thing called the Internet.... :P
Well it's still a hell of a lot better than the unregulated agriculture safety and health practices in third world countries, just to keep prices low. There was a point in my life where I didn't want to eat anything that came from farms that were essentially slaughterhouses in the rawest sense of the word, but after seeing how many people simply cannot afford to feed their children let alone afford "quality regulated" agri products, I realized I'd just be a self-righteous hypocrite.
Old 2012-06-03, 04:15   Link #21744
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Louisiana's bold bid to privatize schools
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8H10AG20120601
Oh shit...
Old 2012-06-03, 04:37   Link #21745
flying ^

man I'm floored

i guess these guys are 'smarter' than I give them credit for....

i won't spoil this... watch this and prepare to be 'amazed'.

Old 2012-06-03, 05:20   Link #21746
Sumeragi
Banned

The only problem I see is the ITIN. Claiming dependents in Canada or Mexico in itself isn't a problem. However, by allowing undocumented workers to file these claims, this causes problems. What I find funny is why they allowed this despite the new filing system the IRS uses which is extremely efficient in weeding out tax frauds.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:27   Link #21747
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. If you can get more in refund than you pay in taxes, there's a problem with your definition of "refund". If not, they're just getting some of their tax money back under the same conditions as other taxpayers.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:18   Link #21748
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm kind of amazed that American television has basically ignored the Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Usually the US media is slobbering all over this kind of event.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:20   Link #21749
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm kind of amazed that American television has basically ignored the Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Usually the US media is slobbering all over this kind of event.
They didn't want the American people to know that the UK still has money to host a jubilee.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:09   Link #21750
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest, I just think it's a massive waste of money. I mean I wouldn't mind if it were just one day, but four? It's hilarious how the weather turned sour just in time though...
Old 2012-06-03, 13:24   Link #21751
Zakoo

I personally followed, I find it quite awesome how people can love their queen, I don't understand it so it's interesting. It's like every english consider her as their mother.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:49   Link #21752
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well my opinion for Zimmermans intelligence rather went down.

FYI: Not telling the judge that you have 135k in donations for you defense at the bail meeting is probably gonna come and bite you in the ass.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:59   Link #21753
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What I find funny is why they allowed this despite the new filing system the IRS uses which is extremely efficient in weeding out tax frauds.
They could solve all of it the USA admitted they are not only addicted to oil, but also to a cheap labor, they only need to do the immigration reform, but when one party proposes it the other one will block it -_-

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-06-03 at 19:12.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:48   Link #21754
AnimeFan188

As United States and Western nations pull out, China seeks role in Afghanistan:

"China and Afghanistan will sign an agreement in the coming days that strategically
deepens their ties, Afghan officials say, the strongest signal yet that Beijing wants a
role beyond economic partnership as Western forces prepare to leave the country."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47662955.../#.T8v3W8X7HIV
Old 2012-06-03, 18:50   Link #21755
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
As United States and Western nations pull out, China seeks role in Afghanistan:

"China and Afghanistan will sign an agreement in the coming days that strategically
deepens their ties, Afghan officials say, the strongest signal yet that Beijing wants a
role beyond economic partnership as Western forces prepare to leave the country."

See:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47662955.../#.T8v3W8X7HIV
Everyone wants a turn at a sinkhole of no return o.O
Old 2012-06-03, 18:56   Link #21756
AnimeFan188

Israel Deploys Nuclear Weapons on German-Built Submarines:

"A German shipyard has already built three submarines for Israel, and three more
are planned. Now SPIEGEL has learned that Israel is arming the submarines with
nuclear-tipped cruise missiles. The German government has known about Israel's
nuclear weapons program for decades, despite its official denials."

See:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-836671.html
Old 2012-06-03, 19:22   Link #21757
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've generally considered the idea of Israeli nuclear armed submarines to be a "known" think since at least the 1990s. I mean even in Mock UN in high school and college in the 90s I knew they had nukes. It may have been denied or at least ignored from Isael officially, but everyone "knew" they had nukes already.

And it isn't even illegal for them to have nukes, since they never signed the NPT.
Old 2012-06-03, 21:48   Link #21758
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Israel Deploys Nuclear Weapons on German-Built Submarines:

"A German shipyard has already built three submarines for Israel, and three more
are planned. Now SPIEGEL has learned that Israel is arming the submarines with
nuclear-tipped cruise missiles. The German government has known about Israel's
nuclear weapons program for decades, despite its official denials."

See:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-836671.html
Would it be funny if Iran would use the fact than Israel already own nuke as a excuse for them to get their own ?
Old 2012-06-03, 21:52   Link #21759
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And it isn't even illegal for them to have nukes, since they never signed the NPT.
If so called "legality" was important or even relevant nobody would mind north korea joining the nuclear club.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:05   Link #21760
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If North Korea was considered at least somewhat stable, it would likely not be a factor since they backed out of the NPT legally (well...mostly legally. They were likely working on nukes before they announced their leave of the Treaty).

Israel, on the other hand, has likely had nuclear weapons since the 1960s, and if reports are correct, had they signed the NPT they would have been classified as a nuclear power from the start. Because they have had nukes for so long, it isn't considered a problem. They have not been considered a threat (outside the implied, "If you attack us we'll nuke you for it" threat). They didn't nuke Iraq when they took out its nuclear reactor and were very patient for a country under direct rocket attack in 1991. Iran of course worries them, which in turn worries Iran.

North Korea is considered to be unstable. With all their recent rocket launches they have made South Korea and Japan very nervous. And that makes the American that defend them nervous.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international