AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-06-03, 10:23   Link #41
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
"Those, who dislike the movie are Trump supporters"
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...t-donald-trump

I wonder what's next - "Those, who disliked the movie are responsible for Holocaust" or something?
I. Fucking. Hate. This. Decade. So. Much.

Only Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and anime like Fate UBW and Jojo are redeeming it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 18:18   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like it's time to add another kind of fallacy: Reductio ad Trumpum.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 21:45   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

-Facepalm-

What was he thinking? He could have said "Despite how bad you think the trailer is, the movie is actually great so please watch it."

Instead, he went all arrogant and go "Watch the movie as it's the greatest movie ever and people not watching it are sexists and Trump supporters!"

Way to offend the customers and moviegoers.
Old 2016-06-11, 03:06   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Looks like it's time to add another kind of fallacy: Reductio ad Trumpum.
Well, people are starting to pick up on the Strawman and Reducto ad Absurdum/Hitlerum fallacies, so they need to try something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
-Facepalm-

What was he thinking? He could have said "Despite how bad you think the trailer is, the movie is actually great so please watch it."

Instead, he went all arrogant and go "Watch the movie as it's the greatest movie ever and people not watching it are sexists and Trump supporters!"

Way to offend the customers and moviegoers.
And buy political points among his leftie journalist and Hollywood buddies. Offending his audience is just a bonus. Anyone who's seen any of his recent movies can tell what kind of contempt he has for them.
Old 2016-06-11, 05:18   Link #45
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Well... Shit
Old 2016-06-11, 06:24   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^So is that the rumor emails that everyone was talking that Sony was forcing the original cast of Ghostbusters to appear and praise the reboot or they will sue them?
Old 2016-06-11, 13:03   Link #47
Galaxian

Oh, I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read the part about their fears that things would go public. It's nice when Karma makes somebody else its b*tch.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 17:22   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can this movie just come out and bomb already? I'm ready to move on.
Old 2016-06-13, 19:10   Link #49
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I honestly completely forgot about this movie. It seriously looks like a parody movie, not a remake. Not that Ghostbusters even needed a remake in the first place.
Old 2016-06-17, 20:30   Link #50
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I for one am more angry at the fact that once *again* a Chinese-Backdrop is used to denote "lower-class, downtown, exotic, bizzare-outsider" without an *actual single speaking NON villainous Asian* in the leading cast.

For a film that trumpets it's "progressive" representation, ghostbusters is *not one iota* better than "breakfast at tiffany's" in its backwards social views.
Old 2016-06-18, 02:55   Link #51
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I honestly completely forgot about this movie. It seriously looks like a parody movie, not a remake. Not that Ghostbusters even needed a remake in the first place.
To be fair, a LOT of 80s & 90s classics were as good, if not perfect, as they were when they first came out. Be it Total Recall, Robocop, The Hitcher or Point Break.
Old 2016-06-19, 13:58   Link #52
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The reactions from the production team and studio are already quite telling who this movie is actually targeted at, and it's not the fans of the franchise, that much is quite clear.

I know nothing of these ladies, but from what I can see in these trailers, their acting feels forced, to the point where it almost looks like they don't even want to be there, and are solely there to enforce the notion of "whatever a man can do, women can do, too, if not better". And the token black girl is the best example of a racist stereotype one can think of, yet the SJWs embrace her, probably because she's a woman.

And then there's the retarded receptionist. In the original movies, Janine was a capable woman, who stood on her own two feet, didn't take any BS from anyone, and was clearly not "just a woman", or even there to give the male audience a hard-on. This new guy, however, is apparently incompetent on all levels, and seems to be merely there to make the female viewers wet their collective panties.

I find it ironic how the original franchise got a lot of things right in terms of everything feminists see wrong with society today, yet they still felt the need to turn everything upside-down and effectively make things worse. And then they wonder why the long-time fans feel insulted and betrayed.

Lastly, I like how the 30-year-old special effects of the original movies still hold up quite well to the CGI in this movie, though that may (partially) be because said CGI isn't exactly all that impressive.

I wish Hollywood would remake movies that actually need to be remade, rather than reinvent the wheel each and every time. Changing a winning formula is hardly ever a good thing. And yet, I expect this movie to be moderately successful, if only because of the people that are skeptic, yet still end up watching it.
Old 2016-06-22, 04:12   Link #53
Velsy

Might be late to the topic, but as far as I am concerned/researched into it. This movie is for feminist empowerment of women, So if you hate or criticize on it, you're called a misogynist. Sony has been caught deleting legit comments of criticism but leaving random sexist remarks to bank on the backlash as Sexist.

Its appalling, I wont be going to see it for multiple reasons. If they had dropped the whole female empowerment and made a decent movie (and better CGI lol, that looks atrocious) that didnt touch social justice, might of been worth seeing.

They should of just made a Charlies Angels 4.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 15:56   Link #54
Galaxian

The new version of the Ghostbusters' theme, called "Ghostbusters (I'm not Afraid)" for the new movie...

Uhg... No... Just, no...
Old 2016-06-23, 17:28   Link #55
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The new version of the Ghostbusters' theme, called "Ghostbusters (I'm not Afraid)" for the new movie...

Uhg... No... Just, no...
MY EARS. Why would you unleash this fresh hell.
Old 2016-06-23, 19:18   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post

Uhg... No... Just, no...
.... My blood pressure was raising as I kept hearing it, I had to stop, I can't... I... just can't anymore.

This is the literal embodiment of how out of tune they are with Ghostbusters itself, just give me the remix from the trailer which is the only good thing about this movie so far.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-06-23 at 19:53.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 19:20   Link #57
Galaxian

Credit where credit this due, the "I'm not afraid" chant is ok... Everything else is pretty head-smashing... Specially Missy Elliot's portion.
Old 2016-06-24, 03:18   Link #58
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nope. Bad Cover.
Old 2016-06-24, 05:59   Link #59
AntonKutovoi

And now I'm even more convinced that they are intentionally trying to make this as bad as possible. I mean, they are pretty much failing on every step they make. It's ridiculous.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 06:09   Link #60
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

If we needed an example of a death wish in media form, here it is.