AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-01, 16:30   Link #121
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh man... I'm loving the new direction the show is taking.

Spoiler:

The world of Kiba is being developed quite well IMO. It's too bad that the countries have such awful names, though.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 17:12   Link #122
Sweetchinmusic

Im liking this show even more lol. But i dont know just i really dont like Zed lol, hes so arrogant, and crap yet he did well in the Joust tournament lol (I havent actually seen episode 5 yet)

When does the show come out weekly?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 18:26   Link #123
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Guys, I think the two of you are referring to episode 5. 6 has not been released yet, not even the RAW.
Amun-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 18:52   Link #124
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The two of who? I did say "the episode 6 preview," which clearly means "the preview for episode 6."
Old 2006-05-01, 20:24   Link #125
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

I am quite enjoying KIBA... though I was sorta surprised that it's 52 episodes overall.I didn't expect it to be that long.
Maybe it'll really be like pokemon..Zed travelling all around the world collecting those spirits!! Roia as Misty and Miki as Brock!

Personally I find Zed quite amusing.He's so like a kid.Quite cute,yes.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 23:39   Link #126
molitar

Ok I believe Jikko gave Zed the sword because even as an untrained Shard Caster their is problems. Shard Casters being ambushed and kill for their spirit. Now he let him run because Zed needed to realize for himself how dangerous and different the world is before he would of stayed with anyone and did training. When the other mage said he would send Dumas Jikko did not say a thing or try to interfere I believe here again it was a good opportunity for Zed to see just how dangerous Tempura could be.

Now the story of Noah is going to be interesting especially after being made to watch son kill his own father. I hope Carl is KILLED! Anyone that would kill their own father needs to be killed.. In fact excpet for the two friends of his that entire village needs to be cleansed of such evil people just going along with it yelling punish him. The land of Neotopia is EVIL! At least Tempura isn't going around having family members kill family members.

I could never see Noah siding with that type of land or Zed for that matter. Zed has issues with authority but look at what he has gone through in his own world. Mother locked up and looks like no father and the rest of the system oppressing him constantly so yeah he would have an issue with authority. So I could see both Noah and Zed fighting againt lands like Neotopia that are so oppressing in reality trying to make the land appear so great but actually just hiding the evil underneath it.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 02:34   Link #127
iceyfw

i love shows with the kind of twists we get in episode 5. it reminds me of fullmetal alchemist.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 09:35   Link #128
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
So I could see both Noah and Zed fighting againt lands like Neotopia that are so oppressing in reality trying to make the land appear so great but actually just hiding the evil underneath it.
Agreed. Barring major plot twists & the usual misunderstandings, I think that Noah and Zed will eventually end up on the same side. Unless one of them gets drugged and brainwashed or something.

IcExAlcHeMy: Yeah, episode 5 also reminded me of FMA. That's a good sign!
Old 2006-05-02, 09:41   Link #129
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Well, ep 5 was another surprisingly good ep. Noah's experiences so far leading up to the end definently was entertaining.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 10:04   Link #130
tempest3991

I'd have to say this show is very amazing in terms of plot development. Switching from Zed to Noah was done extremely well, and i'm very curious to see why Noah was chosen as the savior.

The soldier of Neotopia are very disturbing, and I'm intrigued as to how the people of Neotopia Helped the government years ago to earn that *wierd* memorial.

Now, i just hope this show doesn't pull a bleach and throw fillers in later on

Also, has a lot better ending than FMA.

OFF TOPIC

Anyone see the FMA movie? I thought that it was a horrible continuation of the series and ruined it for me. I was very disturbed by the movie. Horrible.
tempest3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 11:15   Link #131
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest3991
Anyone see the FMA movie? I thought that it was a horrible continuation of the series and ruined it for me. I was very disturbed by the movie. Horrible.
Ha, it's my favorite anime movie ever (well, with the possible exception of the Utena movie). Awesome film with a perfect ending... IMO.

But yeah, this is kind of OT.
Old 2006-05-02, 15:11   Link #132
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Wow the plot switch from Zed to Noa was masterfully done. They chose a key moment to switch to Noa, so that we would want to wait for Zed to return. But, at the same time we wouldn't be upset because the path Noa is following and the issues he is having are so intrigueing.

This series is getting better and better. Very promising imo.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 18:16   Link #133
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
The two of who? I did say "the episode 6 preview," which clearly means "the preview for episode 6."
Quote:
The light glaring off his glasses at the end of the episode 6 preview was such a tell-tale sign. I wonder how long the arc about his experiences will last?
Umm.. all right. I thought you were referring to the preview at the end of episode 6. Sorry, but that is how I interpreted it.
Old 2006-05-03, 16:14   Link #134
7thKeeper

Very promising so far like so many others have said so far. Now this may just be my odd imagination but...

Are there somehow two Noahs in the Shard Caster world? Because we see Noah lying in the bed in that tent in what looks like a desert and then we see Noah in Neotopia. The Noah in the desert is still weak and looks sickly, while because of the shards, Noah in Neotopia looks healthier than ever. And with the Noah with two different looks with different backgrounds in the opening just got me thinking... which at this time of the night might not be the best thing.

Anyway, perhaps I'm just reading too much into it, though I do wonder what exactly is up with the desert/Neotopia thing. Must have missed something.
7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 16:35   Link #135
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thKeeper
Very promising so far like so many others have said so far. Now this may just be my odd imagination but...

Are there somehow two Noahs in the Shard Caster world? Because we see Noah lying in the bed in that tent in what looks like a desert and then we see Noah in Neotopia. The Noah in the desert is still weak and looks sickly, while because of the shards, Noah in Neotopia looks healthier than ever. And with the Noah with two different looks with different backgrounds in the opening just got me thinking... which at this time of the night might not be the best thing.

Anyway, perhaps I'm just reading too much into it, though I do wonder what exactly is up with the desert/Neotopia thing. Must have missed something.
I think ill Noah in the tent at the start is the 'present',or at least the time concurrent with Zed's joust with Robes. When he passes out he recalls the events prior to him being there (conistent with the time when Zed spent with Dumas etc...).

Hopefully we'll find out how he got that wierd box and what's inside of it next ep...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:19   Link #136
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Yea, the Noah in the tent was hurt (Damaged by the soldiers when he fought them? You guys remember the light being reflected on his glasses at the end of Episode 5 preiew?) and was recollecting passed events, since his and Kiba`s separation. The stimulation of past events was caused by the box.

Box did not belong to him. Otherwise the old man would`nt have been as familiar, when referring to it.
Old 2006-05-04, 04:34   Link #137
7thKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I think ill Noah in the tent at the start is the 'present',or at least the time concurrent with Zed's joust with Robes. When he passes out he recalls the events prior to him being there (conistent with the time when Zed spent with Dumas etc...).

Hopefully we'll find out how he got that wierd box and what's inside of it next ep...
*smack forehead* Duh. That's what I get for watching anime past midnight. Well hopefully they'll explain what exactly that box is in the next episode and why Noah reacted to it.
7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 10:38   Link #138
dalamar

First, disappontments: When zed falls asleep and dreams of calm, i was totally hoping he would pop back in calm everytime he fell asleep. T_T. next: So MANY lightsabers. I was stoked when i saw the old guy using the staff, and that roia has Sais, and that Dumas used a shield and would punch people out. Now it's all 'reject jedi academy'. T_T

On the weapons, my personal hopes for the cardgame, and hopes for a Ps2 game: Zed's sword uses 3 crystals, we can assume most small swords like his do. It looked like the guy with the axe used 6-8 of them. # of crystals = power?

If a playstation game were to be made (HOPEFULLHOPEFULLHOPEFULLHOPEFULL) The crystal system would make for an excellent action rpg combat system. Say you start with 20 crystals, each spell costs 2 at first, each summon costs 10, and when you call out your melee weapon you use the # of crystals to load it. as you level your crystal amount would undoubtedly increase, and summon/spell coust would prolly go down. Attack speed of the weapon is also probably dictated by the number of crystals, or possibly by the 'assignment' of the crystals (ie: assign 3 to attack, it attacks hard, normal speed, assign 2 to attack 1 to speed, Blah blah)

Same would probably work for the CCG, start out at a given resource pool, have items like potions and such to restore them, Combat yeilding xp to level (hopefully), and monetary reimbursement to 'buy' equip cards/potions. *personal prayer for a 'draw/or replenish your energy mechanic'*

Also I am so very hopefull we'll keep switching back and forth between Noah and Zed through out the series. Diversity = longevity

Friend vs. Friend is totally coming. Probably an offer of healing Noah in exchange for wailing arse on the opposing country. It will be interesting to see how Zed reacts, especially if it's to heal Noah...

-Now it's CONJECTURE TIME!-

A) Zed's spirit is somehow responsible for 1)his mom's mental state, 2)zed's mom being in calm, 3)potentially responsible for zed's existance?(immaculate conception/spirit of a spirit?)

B) I highly doubt zed will ever use another spirit. Just cuz this is 'his' spirit, and he seems a bit ego driven.

C) Noah may have some power to control/use/Pwn Zed's spirit (just pulling things out of thin air here)
dalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 11:25   Link #139
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamar
C) Noah may have some power to control/use/Pwn Zed's spirit (just pulling things out of thin air here)
On that note, it'll be interesting to see whether or not Noah ever gets a spirit of his own; after all, he isn't shown with one in the OP. Maybe he has some kind of uber-pwnage ability that allows him to take on both spirits and humans at once.
Old 2006-05-04, 15:20   Link #140
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On that note, it'll be interesting to see whether or not Noah ever gets a spirit of his own; after all, he isn't shown with one in the OP. Maybe he has some kind of uber-pwnage ability that allows him to take on both spirits and humans at once.
I've noticed there are two bespectacled characters in the OP. One is Noah of-course and the other is clearly a powerful Shard Caster. Maybe the as yet unknown villain of the show. This character appears before a montage of Noah images and then directly afterward (with Zed attacking).

Pure speculation of-course, but Noah could become that other character in the long term if his path is ultimately 'dark' and let's assume from events in Neotopia that it is very likely...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote