AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 03:43   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Tegami Bachi - Letter Bee Second Season (TV)

Second season will begin airing this October. Titled Tegami Bachi REVERSE.

First season thread can be found here for the people who i'm sure are going to stumble into this thread having no idea what it is.

So far we just have the promo image from the end of the first season, so if anyone comes across a PV or staff information, please do post it.

Spoiler for Promo image:

Official site can be found here, and would just like to warn people who haven't seen the first season, that it does contain heavy spoilers.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-08-13 at 06:51.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 04:04   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just hoping there won't be as much filler in this as there was in last season.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 04:10   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Just hoping there won't be as much filler in this as there was in last season.
There was filler in the first season so the studio could end the first season at a certain cliffhanger chapter, and it paid off big time. Plus some of the filler added in character development for the main cast, so i was fine with it.

We'll probably get more filler, though there is quite a bit of manga material to cover. Depends how far they plan to go i guess.
Old 2010-08-13, 04:46   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well anyway, it's an amazing coincidence that a second season is announced the same day I start getting obsessed with Love Letter by Seira again...
Old 2010-08-13, 05:13   Link #5
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Win!
Having read the manga, the second season is going to be awesome
Can't wait to see a few scenes animated.
Much more action coming right up!
Old 2010-08-13, 05:15   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well anyway, it's an amazing coincidence that a second season is announced the same day I start getting obsessed with Love Letter by Seira again...
Eh, second season was announced after the first season ended.
Old 2010-08-13, 05:23   Link #7
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Putting the Second season promo up:

Old 2010-08-13, 06:37   Link #8
Katapan
俺様祭り

This new season is going to be called Tegami Bachi REVERSE. There's a new pic up on the official website too.

I know I won't finish the first season because the fillers don't do anything for me, but I might as well check some episodes of this one since we're getting to a good part of the manga.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 06:49   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I know I won't finish the first season because the fillers don't do anything for me, but I might as well check some episodes of this one since we're getting to a good part of the manga.
You should at least check out the last half of the final episode. Not only does it adapt one of my favorite parts of the manga, though it does such a damn good job of it.

& will update opening post.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:47   Link #10
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wohoo, thank you Shiroth~

@Katapan: How much of the first season did you watch? I'd advise watching 1-11, 13, 17 (which was the original OVA and was pretty sweet), and then 21-25 (21 and the first half of 22 are filler but since they were written by the manga-ka it doesn't feel like it and it's a good segue into the last arc). And you really need to see the last episode at least, considering the cliffhanger we left off on you should at least say that.
Oh boy, I just thought of the anime reviewers on ANN and such who probably didn't follow the whole first season and will be totally lost.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:08   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Eh, second season was announced after the first season ended.

Okay fine. It's an amazing coincidence that a thread on the second season was started on the same day I get obsessed with love Letter again.
Old 2010-08-13, 15:03   Link #12
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Having caught up with the manga, and watching the sample trailer I'm really expecting this to be as enjoyable as the previous season and unlike the first anime, I'll (hopefully) follow this one from the start.

What I'm hoping is that they keep the music (OP and ED included) and the charming atmosphere on the same level, as that was what I really loved about this series. The animation doesn't look that impressive, but it gets the job done so no great loss here.

I just hope they wont pad it too much and then end it on an evil cliffhanger like last time and not announce a third season
Old 2010-08-13, 15:11   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
(OP and ED included)
They're going to change because it being a new season, though i still miss the first OP and ED.

It'll be interesting to see how far this second season will go with the manga material. It looks like we could be aiming towards an end in the manga, though not for a while yet, and with it being a monthly release, there's no way that will happen before this series ends. Hmmm.
Old 2010-08-13, 15:27   Link #14
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I meant that I hoped that they get an OP and ED on the same level of the first ones (sorry, I phrased that in my post weirdly; its mid-night here and I'm seriously tired)

As for how far they go, I think that they already have a good spot to stop at on chapter 30, but then they'd have to wait longer for a third season. I personally don't see the manga ending soon, I can see it going for another 2-3 years at the current pace. But yeah, there is no way this season will be at the time the manga ends.

Ofc, they could just catch up to the latest chapters, end it on a cliffhanger and release later installments as OVA's, though I wouldn't prefer that.
Old 2010-08-13, 16:21   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
As for how far they go, I think that they already have a good spot to stop at on chapter 30, but then they'd have to wait longer for a third season. I personally don't see the manga ending soon, I can see it going for another 2-3 years at the current pace. But yeah, there is no way this season will be at the time the manga ends.
I said towards the ending. Didn't mean it'll end soon.

But yeah ending at chapter 30 would be a good idea.
Old 2010-08-13, 16:34   Link #16
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Well, certain scenes in the teaser already indicate that they have planned to at least anime it that far, and I don't really see any other good time to end besides that though.
Old 2010-08-13, 18:31   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, the first season covered up to chapter 17 and the manga does go up to 42 right now but 30 does seem like the logical stopping point. Maybe a few more but I doubt they'll get into the Cold Letters arc (although, if that one does wrap up soon they might cover it as well). Little puzzled since I thought I heard on the first season thread (from the CR translator guy) that this season was supposed to have less filler, like it was planned from the beginning to do the series in two parts and the first part ended up with most of the fluff.
Oh well, it would be annoying to start worrying about this before it even starts. And I think the site says that there is a comic event this weekend where they'll be giving out more information on the series so hopefully the website will be updated soon.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:14   Link #18
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Is the second season going to be 20min per eps but 25eps in all like the first season
Old 2010-08-15, 00:50   Link #19
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ahh, I'd thought it'd take as long as d.gray-man for a 2nd season. Guess I'll go ahead and watch the last 5 eps. It was SOOO good until it reached ep 15. Then it was just failure up to 20 and i stopped(ep 16 was excellent though). Gotta get a taste of that cliffhanger so I can have something to think about for a while.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 10:40   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Even though the plot of S2 is pretty predictable seeing how season 1 ended .

I am looking forward to S2 . More than main story itself I like the themes and the universe of Tegami Bachi .

Personally I always enjoyed the subplots and stories which go with them. They are endearing and sweet .

Thats keeps me coming back for more

Tags
adventure, shounen