AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-21, 23:08   Link #701
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not sure what that site is listing but LWA actually airs at 00:00hs in Japan.

Still, according to the producer the show is more geared to a general audience rather than the otaku.
Otakus wouldn't buy too much into this show, and I'm glad it's not geared towards them. This show is geared to all ages, and I love it.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 11:52   Link #702
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Subconsciously, Akko has begun associating Shiny Chariot with Ursula-sensei without knowing quite why.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 15:40   Link #703
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah....this title is aimed at kids. It's TV-Y7 here for the previous OVAs. I doubt that it's going to be that dark.
Common, kids back then saw Mufasa (Lion King) dying and all the aftermath to it and that was way darker and sadder when comparing to what deadite said. I remember crying in that scene but it only made me cheer for Simba even more..lol. Shows aimed at kids can also have something besides happyness and joy

Regarding LWA, i'm glad we finally entered in the main story. Previous episodes were funny and all, but this instantly gets more interesting when that world is properly explored instead of just slice of life stuff.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 17:08   Link #704
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm. In ep 6 when we see the flashback of Chariot visiting the Fountain of Polaris, even at the time she was accepted by the Fountain she had only awoken one of the 7 Words. Looking at ep 1, it's hard to say how many are active. Maybe if you don't awaken the Words fast enough it fades away?

Also, looking at ep 1 and others, it looks like there's monsters that eat magic. Reviving magic in general might cause them to multiply.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 21:29   Link #705
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Common, kids back then saw Mufasa (Lion King) dying and all the aftermath to it and that was way darker and sadder when comparing to what deadite said. I remember crying in that scene but it only made me cheer for Simba even more..lol. Shows aimed at kids can also have something besides happyness and joy

Regarding LWA, i'm glad we finally entered in the main story. Previous episodes were funny and all, but this instantly gets more interesting when that world is properly explored instead of just slice of life stuff.
I didn't cry during the Lion King (Disney) movie. I don't remember anyone in the theater crying either. Parents prob aren't going to be tuning in to watch a show that has their kids crying. It's too much of a bother imo. They can go watch other shows like Digimon Appli Monsters which doesn't have those type of scenes despite the dark undertones.

Yeah, I cried during Jungle Emperor Leo. Guess what's no longer in print?

So... if you think you're going to lose part of your audience, then you don't go down that path.
Old 2017-03-23, 11:11   Link #706
ScrewySquirrel

here's a thought, a "wild mass guess" if you will.

Magic has been weakening for some time (centuries), and witches, as career women, tend not to have a lot of children. The 'witch families' slowly die out. But Magic isn't specifically hereditary, NEW witches are born all the time from the otherwise non-magical parents.

The problem is: Magic has grown so weak recently (in the last decade or so) that new witches born to 'muggle' parents have never awakened their talents because there's no nearby ambient magic outside of Luna Nova, the Cavendish family Estate, Lotte's family magic shop, and other limited magical places. This is the reason for Luna Nova's enrollment decline. Witches arent dying out so much as not being found... And its been long enough that students think 'only with families' attend in the first place.

One of these new magic-users would end up being just like Akko: no skill or capability at all, but having natural talent, lots of potential to catch up. My guess is Akko is such a 'new' witch.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 12:40   Link #707
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So I just found out that the BD/DVD release of this show will contain English subtitles which made me completely jump on board in own all 9 volumes.

I ordered this version from Amazon JP:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/TV%E3%82%A2...witch+academia

So if I get this version, I will still get the Shiny Chariot cards right?

What about the Amazon JP Exclusive which is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Amazon-co-j...witch+academia

So if I get that version instead, will I get that poster and that Shiny Chariot storage file once Volume 1 ships or do I need to purchase all the Amazon JP exclusive just to get those bonus items? Don't tell me that the extra money for each Amazon JP Exclusive only goes towards that and not something extra you will get for each Volume? Please if somebody can shed some light to this, I'll appreciate it.
Old 2017-03-23, 14:24   Link #708
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So I just found out that the BD/DVD release of this show will contain English subtitles which made me completely jump on board in own all 9 volumes.

I ordered this version from Amazon JP:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/TV%E3%82%A2...witch+academia

So if I get this version, I will still get the Shiny Chariot cards right?

What about the Amazon JP Exclusive which is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Amazon-co-j...witch+academia

So if I get that version instead, will I get that poster and that Shiny Chariot storage file once Volume 1 ships or do I need to purchase all the Amazon JP exclusive just to get those bonus items? Don't tell me that the extra money for each Amazon JP Exclusive only goes towards that and not something extra you will get for each Volume? Please if somebody can shed some light to this, I'll appreciate it.
I ordered the top one, but I only preordered Vol.1 as of now. Afaik, the special edition you have gotten will give you the cards in pairs per volume. I'm currently wondering whether you need to preorder all of them right now to get them though.
Amazon JP ver first print ver. gets you all cards except for the one Akko didn't get either (which is ToHo Animation Store exclusive iirc)

For the bottom one, afaik that's an Amazon.JP deal so likely you gotta get that all in one go. It's basically the first one but with serial codes to redeem a f4 size canvas art of the main trio, and a collector's book for the Chariot cards, from Amazon JP.

Yeah I jumped onboard as soon as they announced Eng subs. Region 1 Blurays with Eng subs are always dope, as I found out with the Haruhi box set with both seasons.
Old 2017-03-23, 15:22   Link #709
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I ordered the top one, but I only preordered Vol.1 as of now. Afaik, the special edition you have gotten will give you the cards in pairs per volume. I'm currently wondering whether you need to preorder all of them right now to get them though.
Amazon JP ver first print ver. gets you all cards except for the one Akko didn't get either (which is ToHo Animation Store exclusive iirc)

For the bottom one, afaik that's an Amazon.JP deal so likely you gotta get that all in one go. It's basically the first one but with serial codes to redeem a f4 size canvas art of the main trio, and a collector's book for the Chariot cards, from Amazon JP.

Yeah I jumped onboard as soon as they announced Eng subs. Region 1 Blurays with Eng subs are always dope, as I found out with the Haruhi box set with both seasons.
My question was whether or not I managed to secure the first press edition that will include the two cards and the art booklet because CDJapan just sold out.

If you look at the website:
http://tv.littlewitchacademia.jp/bddvd/

The first press edition will include the two cards, art booklet, and a nice art case for Volume 1.

I agreed, the JP BDs are da bomb. Not only do they include nice bonus material and packaging, but the video quality is at the highest BD standards. To make a comparison, if you rip them each episode is usually about 5-6 GB in size per episode compare to the NA counterpart which are usually half the size (*cough* Sentai).

I really hope the cards are of high quality just like in the anime, nice and thick, but I shouldn't expect much. I'm curious on what the art-book will contain. I'm guessing it's going to be similar to the one included in the OVAs BDs.
Old 2017-03-23, 18:39   Link #710
Dextro
He Without a Title

Btw just something that's been bothering me: do you guys think that there's any significance to that cross on the moon or its just a stylistic touch? Maybe some consequence of whatever happened that put magic on the decline?
Old 2017-03-23, 19:01   Link #711
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Btw just something that's been bothering me: do you guys think that there's any significance to that cross on the moon or its just a stylistic touch? Maybe some consequence of whatever happened that put magic on the decline?
might be something... its NOT present at Chariot's performance...but we also never see the star-shape on the moon outside of Luna Nova. And not always there either -- it looked normal in teh last few frames over Luna Nova in Episode 10, but has the star shape in the opening and in other episodes (5 especially). It might only be when specifically magical things are happening.
Old 2017-03-24, 16:36   Link #712
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I didn't cry during the Lion King (Disney) movie. I don't remember anyone in the theater crying either. Parents prob aren't going to be tuning in to watch a show that has their kids crying. It's too much of a bother imo. They can go watch other shows like Digimon Appli Monsters which doesn't have those type of scenes despite the dark undertones.

Yeah, I cried during Jungle Emperor Leo. Guess what's no longer in print?

So... if you think you're going to lose part of your audience, then you don't go down that path.
Really? You think kids crying in such a beautifull scene between Simba and Mufasa (already dead) is harmfull? Otherwise i don't see why the parents would not want to take their kids to see that kind of stuff. There is death like in Hellsing and then there is death like in Lion King. Making a story aimed at kids can go beyhond happiness and fun stuff all the time imo, especially if it's done in it's final arc. That's why i think Akko sacrificing herself with Diana becoming the new main heroine is a totally possible twist even if we take into account the main target audience of this show!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 17:24   Link #713
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Really? You think kids crying in such a beautifull scene between Simba and Mufasa (already dead) is harmfull? Otherwise i don't see why the parents would not want to take their kids to see that kind of stuff. There is death like in Hellsing and then there is death like in Lion King. Making a story aimed at kids can go beyhond happiness and fun stuff all the time imo, especially if it's done in it's final arc. That's why i think Akko sacrificing herself with Diana becoming the new main heroine is a totally possible twist even if we take into account the main target audience of this show!
I don't see it very likely, not because kids can't have things that make them cry, but because this show just doesn't look like it has that sort of tone. Of course that might change during the rest of the season, but well, we'll see.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 17:47   Link #714
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
That's why i think Akko sacrificing herself with Diana becoming the new main heroine is a totally possible twist even if we take into account the main target audience of this show!
IF that was to happen - and that's a very big IF - it would not be until the very end of the last episode. They haven't set things up to have Diana step in as the main character mid-series. Because it's not just Diana, it's everyone that goes with her. Hannah and Barbara are nowhere near set up to be viable sidekicks the way Lotte and Sucy are, and I can't see Lotte and Sucy suddenly getting all buddy-buddy with Diana.

You use The Lion King as an example (or people my age would cite Bambi's mother), but Simba was already the main character before Mufasa died. It wasn't a case of Mufasa being the star of the show and Simba taking over halfway through.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 18:12   Link #715
ScrewySquirrel

episode 12 preview is up:

YouTube
Old 2017-03-24, 19:54   Link #716
Kurohane

Just looked through again the freeze frame shots in the previous episode and discovered... well, what the heck is this thing!?

Images

It's eyes remind me of freaking Kyubey *shiver*
Old 2017-03-24, 19:58   Link #717
ScrewySquirrel

...and is it just me, or do Hannah, Barbara, and Diana all look rather worried in this trailer?

Spoiler for large size:
Old 2017-03-24, 20:09   Link #718
Kurohane

Oh no, not another tree problem... actually that wouldn't be bad if history would repeat itself again.
Old 2017-03-24, 20:19   Link #719
Kazu-kun

Second cour PV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Key visual
Old 2017-03-24, 21:06   Link #720
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that escalated quickly

Really, I wasn't expecting the plot to have so much focus, but it seems we're in for another crazy ride.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic school, slice of life