AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-17, 00:04   Link #961
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Heck of a charge in there by Ursula. Considering she's apparently pretty weakened compared to her shining days, that was pretty darn impressive. Of course it was all a creepy way to test what her current ability was.

Once again though it raises the question of what did happen to Chariot. Certainly a story to be told about her past. What went down as she worked to revive all seven words and what ended her path down that road.

Regardless, it is nice that Akko was at least informed about part of what is going on. And in some ways it is tough for Ursula to reveal the truth now. It might risk Akko losing all motivation if the goal she is chasing actually turns out right in front of her. Though it is risking her finding out in some other less ideal fashion down the road.
Old 2017-04-17, 00:12   Link #962
Kazu-kun

I think the reason Ursula's got a hard time revealing her identity is that she's ashamed of it. She probably sees herself as a failure who gave up her dream. That's why she always looks a bit sad whenever Akko talks about Chariot.

I think her character development will be about getting over that regret and accepting herself as Chariot once again.
Old 2017-04-17, 00:21   Link #963
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think the reason Ursula's got a hard time revealing her identity is that she's ashamed of it. She probably sees herself as a failure who gave up her dream. That's why she always looks a bit sad whenever Akko talks about Chariot.

I think her character development will be about getting over that regret and accepting herself as Chariot once again.
Yeah, that was my take on it as well, though I think there is some deeper reason she gave up beyond not finding the words, probably something to do with Croix and their falling out.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 00:23   Link #964
Rimbo99

All I can say I effin called it when Yggdrasil was related. WHOOOO!!!!!
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 01:07   Link #965
Batknight

Quote:

I think this is part of it but I also think there's more to it than just this. If this was just about her being bitter about failing to activate the last word then it would make Chariot an extremely selfish person. She'd be putting Akko in unnecessary danger just to protect her own feelings and I don't get that she's like that. I believe it has more to do with a lot of Akko's motivation and emotional drive that activates the shiny rod comes from wanting to discover what happened to Chariot. So I wonder if Chariot is afraid if Akko found out what really happened to her that made her go into hiding and how she lost the ability to use the rod would make her lose her own ability to activate the words. If Chariot's past made Akko lose faith in her idol she no longer be able to accomplish what Chariot couldn't originally do herself and activate the last word. So yeah Chariot is ashamed of herself, but she's probably a lot more of afraid of Akko being ashamed of her and losing the ability to break the Grand Triskelion's seal.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 01:37   Link #966
s07195
However,

Chariot reached Noriko levels of screaming for a little bit there. (Same VA and all)
Old 2017-04-17, 02:24   Link #967
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Even though it was a good episode, the animation quality has gone down the toilet these past two episodes. I don't know if I want to own the entire BD set if the rest of the episodes are like that. It's either buying this show or Sound! Euphonium, I can't afford both.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 02:28   Link #968
Wandering Soul

That was one impressive rescue attempt by Ursula. She's apparently been weakened from her days as Chariot, but that just makes the entire sequence more impressive.

Akko and Ursula's bond has always been great, but this episode really took it up a notch. It is sort of a gamble not to tell Akko the truth though. I guess it's understandable to be afraid that she might lose her drive, but there is also the chance that she could find out under some less than pleasant circumstances.
Old 2017-04-17, 02:48   Link #969
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That was one impressive rescue attempt by Ursula. She's apparently been weakened from her days as Chariot, but that just makes the entire sequence more impressive.

Akko and Ursula's bond has always been great, but this episode really took it up a notch. It is sort of a gamble not to tell Akko the truth though. I guess it's understandable to be afraid that she might lose her drive, but there is also the chance that she could find out under some less than pleasant circumstances.
It depends on what event caused Ursula to go underground and relinquish her identity and the Shiny Rod. Although I theorise that it has something to do with the seventh which might be related with her tense relationship with Croix.

Since Ursula was tested like Akko in trials that are based on the Seven Virtues , it might be the last word is related to Faith. In cultures, the cross is the symbol of faith which coincidentally the item Croix's name is based of. It might be possible what Croix is currently doing may have effected Ursula's faith and combined with the huge slander by both Witches and Humans, it was shattered.
Old 2017-04-17, 03:40   Link #970
deadite

3 witches to reactivate the Grand Triskeion color coded red/blue/green for our covenience. 3 witch trios have the same colored sash.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 03:50   Link #971
Kazu-kun

That scene stood out to me because at the beginning of the OP there's a shot with Akko, Sucy and Lotte doing something very similar.
Old 2017-04-17, 03:51   Link #972
_Ninja_

Quote:

I think because Chariot inspires Akko so much it's better that she stays a character, a symbol, and not a real person with flaws. Ursula probably thinks she could never live up to being Akko's hero.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 04:04   Link #973
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I personally believe that the reason Ursula/Chariot only knows 6 words is because she likely never made it that far in her development. Something obviously happened to her before she learned of the 6th, the main reason why she can no longer use the rod most likely. Akko in essence will likely be the one to finish what Ursula/Chariot started.

At this point in time I'm sure everyone knows that the Ursula/Croix dynamic, whatever it is as yet to be revealed, is supposed to mirror a possible future for Akko/Diana. I don't think it's a simple as Akko = Ursula and Diana = Croix since there seems to be a lot of overlaps, but delving deeper into Ursula and Croix's shared history will also reveal more of Akko and Diana's relationship.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 05:27   Link #974
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
3 witches to reactivate the Grand Triskeion color coded red/blue/green for our covenience. 3 witch trios have the same colored sash.
I'll be honest...sash colors were not the first thing that came mind...
Old 2017-04-17, 05:55   Link #975
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Was wondering if science the future is now was a reference to Pokemon XY... though I suppose that was probably also a reference to something else so...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 07:05   Link #976
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Although I am not a big fan of this show having an overarching villainous plot instead of just being a fun-loving, slice-of-life show about Akko & friends bumbling their way through witch school, I am a huge fan of the Akko - Ursula dynamic. The admiration that they have for each other is palpable. Well done, Trigger!

The one thing that boggled my mind was why, oh why, Ursula, if you thought Akko was in serious danger, why didn't you grab the nearest broom and fly to the tower instead of exhausting yourself by running all the way there???
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 08:25   Link #977
_Ninja_

On a different note. You're so unsuspicious Ursula...

_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 08:32   Link #978
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
It depends on what event caused Ursula to go underground and relinquish her identity and the Shiny Rod. Although I theorise that it has something to do with the seventh which might be related with her tense relationship with Croix.

Since Ursula was tested like Akko in trials that are based on the Seven Virtues , it might be the last word is related to Faith. In cultures, the cross is the symbol of faith which coincidentally the item Croix's name is based of. It might be possible what Croix is currently doing may have effected Ursula's faith and combined with the huge slander by both Witches and Humans, it was shattered.
I think this theory might have some legs given how she seemed uncharacteristically(?) mad at Croix. Somehow, I wonder if Croix even knowing the things she has done (masterminded the strike, lying, evil smile) is doing everything in her power to save the world her way, with Chariot failing to do so. She said she was blinded by Chariot's brilliance, there seems to be some truth in it even though it carried some snark.

Well I just don't think Chariot gave up, I'm thinking she failed, that's why she is dedicated to helping her successor now, to make up for what she couldn't do.

And yeah finally, the grand plot was explained to Akko and it was done so beautifully!!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 09:17   Link #979
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
And yeah finally, the grand plot was explained to Akko and it was done so beautifully!!
Love that? Here's a remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3OrQ_pYwzY
Old 2017-04-17, 10:02   Link #980
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
I think this theory might have some legs given how she seemed uncharacteristically(?) mad at Croix. Somehow, I wonder if Croix even knowing the things she has done (masterminded the strike, lying, evil smile) is doing everything in her power to save the world her way, with Chariot failing to do so. She said she was blinded by Chariot's brilliance, there seems to be some truth in it even though it carried some snark.

Well I just don't think Chariot gave up, I'm thinking she failed, that's why she is dedicated to helping her successor now, to make up for what she couldn't do.

right now it didnt explained in large but it clear to me that the reason that chariot become like that is becouse of failing with the final word
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic school, slice of life