AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-11, 20:53   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well those 2 going a date somewhat but at less he jumping a head of it by feeding her and holding her hand

Well Ai really should get a glasses chain
Old 2023-07-12, 00:17   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 08:38   Link #43
alex_drian

Watched both episodes.

My first impression in the first minutes were "oh so this is what they mean with overanimation". Foolishness to even mention it in action stories but I kinda can understand the point when used in some cute slice of life romcom like this. Trying to hard for no good reason.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 17:03   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Compared to the first ep - and apart from the OP - I thought this ep was calmer and less pointlessly insane visually. If the rest of the series is at that level honestly I'd be OK with it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 10:29   Link #45
Frontier

What better way to start off the morning than with Mie meowing to a cat that does not exist? Because yes, without glasses she can somehow mistake a paper bag for a cat. Though she'll also mistake Komura for a cat and pet him, so it all works out in the end .

A new challenger appears!? Azuma-kun!? And he's the classic hot and popular guy in class. And is that Ryohei Kimura I hear? Though while he chats up and close to Mie, she just thinks he's Komura...because she attaches a guy helping her and feeling comfortable around said guy with Komura. And Azuma seems pretty cool with it .

Mie's friends bringing up valid concerns about her forgetting her glasses. Though Mie opening her eyes up without her glasses is quite the sight even if she can't keep it up .

Shiritori! Mie (with glasses!) needs practice to compete with her friends, and who better to bounce off of then Komura? Whom she ends the game by using his name, of all names. The class totally thinks their a couple, right ?

Ah yes, the dreaded censored cockroach! Although it works out pretty well that just hearing about the cockroach makes Mie embrace Komura, so nicely played Komura-kun and cockroach-chan! Even if you did end up getting just flung outside the classroom .

Mie asking for Komura to put glasses on her really does look like she expects a kiss...though Komura feeling her hair on his hands is worth it all the same .

I see Mie is the type to find a love letter, give it to the recipient, refuse to elaborate further and then get the class gossiping about all the love drama afterwards. And she's so straightforward she can't deny that she likes Azuma even if the class all assumes it's a different kind of like .

It all just makes Komura very self-conscious and anxious. I mean, Azuma has a German Shepherd! How can he compete with that? But then he finds out that Mie thinks it's a given that she likes Komura and is close to him, and Azuma is enough of a bro to smoothly handle the love letter situation. Although I'm kind of morbidly curious if he actually replied to the girl who dropped the latter .
Old 2023-07-18, 16:04   Link #46
grecefar

I always find funny that the cockroach is always censored in anime but I should be thankful since it gave us a hug.

Shouldn't worry about azuma, he is the nice ikemen and know how obvious it is with those two.

Mie may be blind but she saw that moment between komura and that girl in the preview and without glasses (unless she has the contacts).
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 18:03   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Komura is ruining this show for me. He was insufferable in this episode, to the point I started wishing the ikemen would NTR him. At least his reaction to that would have been entertaining, unlike his usual freaking out over absolutely nothing. With Mie being so quirky I can't help but reminded of Aharen-san, but boy is he a far cry from Raidou (than again, few romance MCs can compete with him).

As for the good... well, Mie is cute and the animation is pretty much normal now.
Old 2023-07-18, 18:54   Link #48
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Komura is ruining this show for me. He was insufferable in this episode, to the point I started wishing the ikemen would NTR him. At least his reaction to that would have been entertaining, unlike his usual freaking out over absolutely nothing. With Mie being so quirky I can't help but reminded of Aharen-san, but boy is he a far cry from Raidou (than again, few romance MCs can compete with him).

As for the good... well, Mie is cute and the animation is pretty much normal now.
It's pretty funny as I heard mangaka based Mie on herself and manga female audience actually adore Komura.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 19:05   Link #49
Frontier

I dunno, his crazy reactions are pretty fun to me, especially when the narrator calls him out .
Old 2023-07-18, 20:48   Link #50
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Ai meowing at as plastic bag thinking its a cat and Kaede just playing into it

Azuma is a true bro helping out Kaede with that letter but he just to much of a wuss to read it out loud

So Ai is dense to
Old 2023-07-25, 10:43   Link #51
Frontier

The punchline with Mie without glasses and buying a drink from the vending machine was kind of obvious, but poor Komura just couldn't handle himself at the prospect of an indirect kiss...coward! Well, points for honesty at least .

So when Mie is in a rush and exhausted she can't immediately recognize Komura on the way to school...which actually works out because she ends up admitting that she likes looking presentable to Komura. Nice! Even if the critical hit made Komura late in the end, but it was worth it .

If Mie's not forgetting her glasses, she's breaking them during school, though good on Azuma to still give Komura opportunities to help her. And Komura learned her weight, which is a secret he'll either forget or take to his grave .

Azuma is so smooth and kind that even if he is helping ship Komura and Mie together, Komura can't help but be self-conscious and wish he was taller. But Mie prefers their current height because it means their faces are closer and it's easier to look at each other, and what better reason to want to remain short ?

It was nice of Someya to find Mie's glasses, even if she had no right to mess with such a sacred relic, and Komura just can't control himself with such a holy object adorning his person. Just like Mie can't control herself when she realizes Komura is kabedonning another girl in her presence. She instinctively pushes him away from her! That was the most adorable push ever .

Komura wanted to see Mie laugh, but he'll have to settle for the smile he put on her face when he snapped a pic of a heart cloud just for her...even if he didn't get to hear it, but it still meant a lot .

It's funny how it's only with glasses that Mie is now realizing just how close they've been with their desks together this whole time .

Glasses shopping trip! But Komura is a terrible choice to help Mie shop for glasses because she looks good and cute in any pair of glasses. But just hearing how Komura thinks she looks good in any form is enough for Mie, who just sticks with her reliable design. Which she, of course, ends up breaking as soon as she got them .

Next up: Valentine's Day .
Old 2023-07-25, 17:28   Link #52
grecefar

lol komura is already planning his life with mie knowing he is going to lose and break her glasses a lot.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-25, 18:00   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mie's spare glasses look a lot better than her regular glasses. Not that it means much since she spends most of the time without her glasses. Although Komura said she has her glasses with her more often than not, we just see the days she forgets or breaks them because that's the premise of the show.

Could totally relate when Mie said she needed someone to come with her when she shops for glasses. I can't tell what I look like without correction either.
Old 2023-07-25, 18:13   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mie's spare glasses look a lot better than her regular glasses. Not that it means much since she spends most of the time without her glasses. Although Komura said she has her glasses with her more often than not, we just see the days she forgets or breaks them because that's the premise of the show.

Could totally relate when Mie said she needed someone to come with her when she shops for glasses. I can't tell what I look like without correction either.
Although that just makes it hard to believe she actually wears her glasses most of the time .
Old 2023-07-25, 20:45   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kaede wussed out with that can of coffee he should of drank it

Ai look so mature with those frameless glasses
Old 2023-07-25, 22:00   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Despite the title, I think she hardly ever wears her glasses in the first place

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-26, 00:18   Link #57
s07195
However,

This is the first time for me watching a GoHands anime... they really like showing off their rotoscoped (?) panning and fish-eye shots huh?

I've been a fan of the original material, but jumped onto the anime late, but it feels like another example in adapting short-form comedy to longer-form media. I don't dislike it - I liked stuff like Dagashi Kashi S1 after all, but it gets more obvious with an photorealistic-esque artstyle and color palette like this I suppose.

EDIT: I remember when I used to post a screenshot or two in Animesuki way back I used PhotoBucket ages ago, but it's been so long - how do I embed imgur photos/galleries on Animesuki again?

EDIT2: (Test) Mie's round glasses got me by the heart... Reminds me of Silence from Arknights!

https://imgur.com/a/BxcsmFc

Last edited by s07195; 2023-07-26 at 00:24. Reason: screenshot embed testing
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-26, 05:05   Link #58
EroKing

Komura needs to start carrying some of her spares with him at this point. But then we wouldn't get any of the fun stuff

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 14:03.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 10:26   Link #59
alex_drian

I think I'm dropping this.

Mie is cute but fuck that Komura is annoying. Anime Komura at least which is a shame because the VA is giving their all. I wonder if this is what people meant about Asta of Black Clover. Never watched Black Clover.

I think I'm just too old for cute romcom.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 18:16   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I think I'm dropping this.

Mie is cute but fuck that Komura is annoying. Anime Komura at least which is a shame because the VA is giving their all. I wonder if this is what people meant about Asta of Black Clover. Never watched Black Clover.

I think I'm just too old for cute romcom.
You're not too old, he's genuinely annoying. I think Mie's cuteness more than offsets it though.