AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-25, 07:33   Link #2081
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Stopping point is a very vague term. Is it suggesting that this is the final game of the Trails series, or a major turning point?
Trails series will still continue. Falcom said that last week, that the next game will probably come out in 2 to 3 years after 4.
It's probably meaning that most of the story lines will be warped up that have been building up since FC, so that the next game after 4 will be somewhat of a fresh start.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 12:44   Link #2082
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Basically that mean they will put kiseki series on hiatus after this,right?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 12:57   Link #2083
The Green One

I think they will wrap up the loose ends from the Skies series and the Crosbell series and we'll be moving into the final portion of the series after this.
Old 2017-12-25, 15:24   Link #2084
Dragon_Slayer_X

"While Falcom cannot share details at the present time, the story will depict the hopeless conclusion to Rean’s story."

Sigh come on Falcom you used the "Miracle Route" in Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for a forced character i hardly cared for, Rean at least deserves some of that miracle after all this mess. The character is just so unfairly treated that it's beyond sad.

Estelle, Joshua and Llyod combined probably didn't suffer as much as Rean........
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 17:41   Link #2085
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

"Hopeless conclusion to Rean's story"
... ... ... I'm somehow REALLY annoyed and p*ssed off now. Guess with that ominous sentence, I can safely delay Sen III and focus on stuff that likely won't make me depressed, want to punch objects, facepalm or a combination of it.

Obviously, and it shouldn't need to be said, the whole conclusion is still far away. But I'm not really positive about it seeing the spoilers of Sen III and how much people love overly gritty and dark themes in their stories. At least all the Rean haters will get all fuzzy reading it.

On another note: I'm slowly trudging my way through Zero Evolution.
Spoiler for Zero - Voice Acting:

Last edited by Mahou; 2017-12-25 at 17:53.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 20:53   Link #2086
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post

On another note: I'm slowly trudging my way through Zero Evolution.
Spoiler for Zero - Voice Acting:
I agree that
Spoiler for Zero - VA:
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 23:37   Link #2087
rladls2121

Spoiler for Sen IV: Crow:
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 09:16   Link #2088
The Green One

I don't think it's confirmed yet that Rean's story is going to have a downer ending. I think the line more refers to Rean's currently hopeless situation.

Well fall of 2018, assuming it comes out on time, will be here before we know it and we'll find out what happens to the poor guy. If things ultimately do go bad for him, I at least hope it's well written. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2017-12-26, 09:28   Link #2089
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was actually getting the impression that Falcom was setting him up to be the central protagonist of the main overarching story, as opposed to it being Estelle, Joshua or Lloyd. All of them are already far too deeply involved with Ouroborous to be sidelined by any means.

At least this way they can focus eventually on another country, but it's been almost a decade running for the series since Estelle first became a junior bracer, and it may become difficult for Falcom to maintain the fanbase's interest for such a long time.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 18:43   Link #2090
Marx-93

It seems it's more along the lines that Sen IV is going to be the first 'Great' climax of the series. If what Kondo says it's right and we're between the 60 and 70% of the whole series, then Sen IV is more or less the ending of Act II which tends to be when shit gets very real.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 21:54   Link #2091
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was actually getting the impression that Falcom was setting him up to be the central protagonist of the main overarching story, as opposed to it being Estelle, Joshua or Lloyd. All of them are already far too deeply involved with Ouroborous to be sidelined by any means.

At least this way they can focus eventually on another country, but it's been almost a decade running for the series since Estelle first became a junior bracer, and it may become difficult for Falcom to maintain the fanbase's interest for such a long time.
well Estelle and Lloyd didn't have a shonen transformation and a giant robot so Rean has that going for him
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 22:54   Link #2092
Rinvelt
駄目人間

That's one thing I don't like about the series. When playing Sora, you get attached to Estelle, Joshua (and Kevin too, I guess. Other party members too). When playing Crossbell, Lloyd and the SSS members. Then I guess it's the same for Sen (still in the middle of playing Ao, so don't know how much I'll like Rean and Class VII).

That's why, seeing characters so important and that you liked so much in previous games as "second roles" is kinda, I don't know how to say it, but it's weird. Most people got to have this feeling just a little in the 3rd, and I experienced it normally in Zero (and it'll be even greater in Ao). So I can't even imagine how Sen IV will be when I see the comments about Rean.

That's why, I really hope it'll be the last with all the previous protagonists, and the next one will be a fresh start.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 00:55   Link #2093
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
That's one thing I don't like about the series. When playing Sora, you get attached to Estelle, Joshua (and Kevin too, I guess. Other party members too). When playing Crossbell, Lloyd and the SSS members. Then I guess it's the same for Sen (still in the middle of playing Ao, so don't know how much I'll like Rean and Class VII).

That's why, seeing characters so important and that you liked so much in previous games as "second roles" is kinda, I don't know how to say it, but it's weird. Most people got to have this feeling just a little in the 3rd, and I experienced it normally in Zero (and it'll be even greater in Ao). So I can't even imagine how Sen IV will be when I see the comments about Rean.

That's why, I really hope it'll be the last with all the previous protagonists, and the next one will be a fresh start.
personally I like that the previous casts return, it really shows that every game in the series is connected, and I wouldn't call what comes after sen IV a fresh start as it will still be in the kiseki sub series, plus it's confirmed the next arc will take place in Calvard, so we're more likely going to see Zin again at least since he's from there, (I also think that it would be cool if Rean reappears in a lesser role or at least gets mentioned)
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 03:20   Link #2094
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

I don't think of it that way. I more like to think of it as their character arcs being more taken care of during their own storylines. I think Zero is much stronger because of the characters it contains. I'm playing Ao in a month... so I don't know about Ao, but I hope it has a lot of cameos. That's my favorite part about this series.

I think it's wrong to think about them as secondary characters. I think it's more like sometimes they're the main focus of their own great stories and sometimes they're just secondary characters ... but sometime in the future they will be major heroes again, because everyone's role is so important to the bigger picture.

To be honest, I thought Sen 1 was a relatively weak game until I got the sudden conclusion. That put the entire game in a very different light. In the end, I think Sen does a good job of introducing a very large cast of main characters.

EDIT:

I WANT TO GET BETTER AT READING MOONRUNES *sob*. I can read them to some degree, but not to the extent of playing through a kiseki game without severely compromised understanding, sigh. Anyone have any good suggestions? Unfortunately, watching anime doesn't help with reading kanji :/ I'm way better at understanding spoken japanese than I am at reading kanji. Heck, if every line of dialogue were voiced, I'd probably be able to play through the games, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2017-12-27 at 03:38.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 03:28   Link #2095
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Does anyone want to make an actual headcount of all characters that became playable who are also already intrinsically involved in the entire Ouroborous metaplot? Because I think that's heading into the 30s now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 04:02   Link #2096
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Well, I like the cameos, I just get conflicted feelings because I like the characters so much. But I'm the type who root for the MCs of the game.

So I get the conflicted feeling of: I'm playing Crossbell, so I want to see Lloyd and the SSS shine, but I also want to see more Estelle and Joshua, but because it's Crossbell I want Lloyd to be more important, but I like Estelle and Joshua and want them to be important, but Lloyd, but E&J, etc... and the vicious circle continue.

So, yeah, I like the cameos, just that my inner weeb get conflicted feelings because of them.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2017-12-27 at 04:12.
Old 2017-12-27, 04:56   Link #2097
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well, I like the cameos, I just get conflicted feelings because I like the characters so much. But I'm the type who root for the MCs of the game.

So I get the conflicted feeling of: I'm playing Crossbell, so I want to see Lloyd and the SSS shine, but I also want to see more Estelle and Joshua, but because it's Crossbell I want Lloyd to be more important, but I like Estelle and Joshua and want them to be important, but Lloyd, but E&J, etc... and the vicious circle continue.

So, yeah, I like the cameos, just that my inner weeb get conflicted feelings because of them.
Lol, I actually totally understand that. I sorta felt the same way while playing zero. It was so frustrating at the beginning. But, I thought that they managed to make it work out really well, so it was better off.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 05:23   Link #2098
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol, I actually totally understand that. I sorta felt the same way while playing zero. It was so frustrating at the beginning. But, I thought that they managed to make it work out really well, so it was better off.
Yeah, it actually worked well. The RPG problem aside. (that is to say: characters who are supposed to be super strong become "weak" (as strong as your current characters))
Old 2017-12-27, 06:37   Link #2099
Marx-93

Quote:
The RPG problem aside. (that is to say: characters who are supposed to be super strong become "weak" (as strong as your current characters))
Trails is kinda good about it though. Aside from the level, which most of the times have to be reset due to balance, in cut-scenes it's clear who is 'strong' and who is still struggling.

On the player characters: If Sen IV does really have more than any other game then we're talking about more than 25, which is indeed a huge number. It will be quite a game
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 13:50   Link #2100
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty40 View Post
well Estelle and Lloyd didn't have a shonen transformation and a giant robot so Rean has that going for him
Considering how both of those aspects is royally screwing him over, I don't think that can be considered a 'good thing'...
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria