Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2023-08-22, 19:30   Link #341
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Gremmy is clearly a sadist that enjoys playing with his food. Just making people disappear might have worked against Kotetsu but he couldn't try that shit against Kenpachi because his reiatsu is just too high for it.
Was his imagination power to change something or make something disappear depends on reiatsu? I don't remember him mentioning that.
Old 2023-08-23, 06:20   Link #342
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Was his imagination power to change something or make something disappear depends on reiatsu? I don't remember him mentioning that.
It was never stated but given the precedent of Soi Foi's two hit kill not working against Aizen because there was too big a difference between their reiatsu, I think it's a safe assumption his power couldn't directly affect Kenpachi.
Old 2023-08-23, 11:44   Link #343
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was never stated but given the precedent of Soi Foi's two hit kill not working against Aizen because there was too big a difference between their reiatsu, I think it's a safe assumption his power couldn't directly affect Kenpachi.
That's a big assumption though, considering Quincy power is different from either Shinigami power or Hollow power.
Old 2023-08-23, 15:32   Link #344
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's a big assumption though, considering Quincy power is different from either Shinigami power or Hollow power.
Though sometimes it feels like it all comes down to the same crazy stuff .
Old 2023-08-26, 10:14   Link #345
Frontier

Seems like the dead Quincies were good for something on their side, what with Yhwach now waking up .

Well Kenpachi, you beat a living brain that could make anything it imagined into reality, so you should feel proud of that...even if you're still a little worse for wear after that fight. But wait, where's Yachiru ?

Of course Kenpachi and his Squad barely get a moment to recover before the Sternritter Waifu's attack them. Candice with her lightning, Liltotto with her protruding mouth, Menina's with her super strength, and Giselle with her mind-control blood. And Kenpachi is too weakened to fend them off .

But then, like a shooting star, set to a brand spankin' new rendition of Number One...Ichigo arrives! This time he'll be the one bailing Kenpachi out of a jam, and I love how everyone reacts to his entrance. Ichigo is truly back !

And then he's manhandling the ladies like they're lieutenants from the Soul Society arc. He doesn't even need to use his Zanpakuto until they start shooting arrows at him, but they never once have the advantage over him. Ichigo has well and truly unlocked his full potential and power and it is glorious .

You know it's serious when the Bambiette's are agreeing on something for once, and that's how they all hate Ichigo. Even though they then immediately disagree on something. But Candice is taking it personally because he got her dirty and ruined her hair, though it only goes even more downhill for her from there .

That casual Getsuga Tensho...that Getsuga Jujisho...Ichigo finally has a new attack !

I love how their Voll Stern Dich is a magical girl transformation. Not that it does them much good, especially when Ichigo hits them with their own attacks, but at least it looked pretty .

I see Yhwach knows when the getting is good, with Ichigo back and giving him an opening to the Soul King. Was Squad Zero planning on this? Do they think they can beat Yhwach ?

Ichigo doesn't have time for these Quincy scrubs, perfect time for his Soul Society pals to return to back him up .

Yeah, this was like the worst time for Ichigo to see Uryu with Yhwach. And then get shot by him. Jeez. But hey, here comes Chad with new drip and Orihime with a new outfit that exposes her cleavage, so there's that! The gang is all back together! Kind of .
Old 2023-08-26, 14:25   Link #346
Gerard07

Seen the chapter; it seems they skipped they skipped the little narration about Yhwach but the episode was still good, Ichigo came and saved Kenpanchi, he fought 4 Quincys and was winning, they cameoed with Aizen, and Yhwach and his entourage go to the King's Palace (hopefully they explain why ). why Division 0 let Ichigo come back). thus knowing that the Quincys could pass), and Chad and Orihime arrived to help Ichigo, to wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-26, 15:37   Link #347
velvet nightmare

question about uryu. Ywach said he was special because he survived the thing where he kills all quincies to absorb their powers.

but isn't his father also still alive?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-26, 17:06   Link #348
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
question about uryu. Ywach said he was special because he survived the thing where he kills all quincies to absorb their powers.

but isn't his father also still alive?
If I remember correctly, Yhwach only purged non-pure blooded Quincies.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-26, 17:13   Link #349
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
If I remember correctly, Yhwach only purged non-pure blooded Quincies.
True, but what I'm saying is that Uryu really isn't as special as Yhwach describes him to be because his father is also pure blooded.

So in theory, Ywach could have just went to his father and powered him up instead of Uryu.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-26, 18:07   Link #350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was even better than I thought it'd be. Glad this fight got extended, the Bambis even got to all show their Vollstandig and even got a transformation sequence!

The entire scene did a good job showing how much more powerful than everyone else Ichigo is now.

And Orihime donned her best outfit to provide easy paizuri for Ichigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
True, but what I'm saying is that Uryu really isn't as special as Yhwach describes him to be because his father is also pure blooded.

So in theory, Ywach could have just went to his father and powered him up instead of Uryu.
Uryu is special because he's not pure-blooded and yet he survived the purge.
Old 2023-08-26, 19:27   Link #351
Wandering Soul

Ichigo's fight with Bambis reminded me a lot of him curb stomping the lieutenants all the back in Soul Society.

I don't remember Ichigo being the named the most dangerous of the war powers in the manga, but it makes sense.
Old 2023-08-27, 20:58   Link #352
Strahan

Cool fight. Liltotto is creepy but would be the best one to hang out with; I think she'd be the least irritating heh. Giselle's attack was funny, esp the thing after she had Ichigo in the bone grip made me chuckle. Candice is hot and has a smoking body (and a stripper name to boot, I imagine that isn't accidental lol). If you're into batshit crazy women, she'd be perfect. When she made such a fuss about how she has to get up early to do her hair and all, it would've been funny if Ichigo flash stepped over, cut her hair off, and flash stepped back holding it in his hand like "what.. this hair? There, I saved you the hassle!" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Ichigo's fight with Bambis reminded me a lot of him curb stomping the lieutenants all the back in Soul Society.

I don't remember Ichigo being the named the most dangerous of the war powers in the manga, but it makes sense.
Yea, the scene where he punches all three in the gut simultaneously is very reminiscent of his doing the same to Sasakibe, Omaeda and Isane. I wonder if he also pulled his punch on the three like he did for Isane, heh. He was definitely fighting with kid gloves it seems; yelling at Candice to dodge and all showing his lack of desire to actually take them out.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-27, 23:39   Link #353
Frontier

It is kind of funny how Noriaka Sugiyama is voicing the brooding, arrogant, dark-haired rival best friend character turned traitor in yet another Shonen anime .
Old 2023-08-28, 06:42   Link #354
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Honestly this episode was pure recycling of a trope that Kubo uses a lot. Ichigo comes to help, fights people, is ridiculously overpowered, and goes to the boss. However, this was disappointing as Ichigo doesn't even defeat anybody (and he went pacifist?) while his new technique really lacks originality

Orihime's design is pure comedy like a Hiro Mashima character but it doesn't fit her at all. Even the animator made the scene focus first at her cleavage rather than face
Old 2023-08-28, 06:57   Link #355
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Honestly this episode was pure recycling of a trope that Kubo uses a lot. Ichigo comes to help, fights people, is ridiculously overpowered, and goes to the boss. However, this was disappointing as Ichigo doesn't even defeat anybody (and he went pacifist?) while his new technique really lacks originality
The only person Ichigo has ever killed in the entire series is Ginjo. I'm not counting Ulquiorra because he wasn't in control.

He spared all his other opponents, so this isn't anything new.
Old 2023-08-28, 17:00   Link #356
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post

Orihime's design is pure comedy like a Hiro Mashima character but it doesn't fit her at all. Even the animator made the scene focus first at her cleavage rather than face
I dunno, I think the girls were pretty much defeated in the sense that none of them actually stood a chance against Ichigo.
Old 2023-09-09, 10:02   Link #357
Frontier

It sucks that Uryu has seemingly joined up with the Quincies and heading off with Yhwach to the Royal Palace...but it's Uryu, he's got to have a reason, right? I mean, Ichigo kind of assumed through the power of narrative convention that he and Uryu would inevitably come into conflict because of the whole "Soul Reapers vs Quincies" thing, but he still wants to know why. Which gives Ichigo and his friends the perfect excuse to head up to the Royal Palace themselves !

They really just keep getting shot off in rockets, huh? Courtesy of Mayuri and Urahara here. And Yoruichi!!! She's back!!! And not wearing pants!!! And thanks to some Vizard antics collecting up distortion energy, they have enough power to send them up !

Renji and Bazz-B...the two hot-headed redheads. I see no matter the character Yuki Ono doesn't appreciate getting his hair insulted, but the way he complimented Renji's eyebrows, you have to wonder if they could've been friends .

Ikakku and Yumichika have Giselle surrounded and aren't rising to her bait to cut her so she can throw her blood at them...but then Yumichika, blunt as ever, calls her out for apparently being biologically male the whole time...and Gigi doesn't take it well. Straight up throws a zombie Bambietta at them. Did I mention Zombie Bambietta had to be murdered by Gigi to get zombified? Or that she's still sentient and now craves Giselle's blood? Or that her boobs are now exposed for all to see ?

Mayuri vs Giselle! Battle of the depraved! Mayuri always squares off against the nutjobs, but I guess it takes one to know one. And to match her army of Squad 11 Zombies, Mayuri reveals...his zombie Arrancar army! Featuring the guy Ichigo beat! The girl Uryu beat! The tentacle Espada! And Yumichika's old dance partner who is as hammy and gloriously gay as ever .

Man, it just does not pay to be in Squad 11 on this show .

Yeah, Giselle REALLY does not like being reminded she's biologically male but a woman at heart .

Things actually seem to be going well until Giselle reveals none other than ZOMBIE HITSUGAYA!!! Complete with his own Quincy uniform. Looks like the March of the Zombies is getting a sequel .
Old 2023-09-09, 13:10   Link #358
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that's not good! I'd say Hitsugaya better find a way to bounce back from this...but I'm not that's actually a possibility! As if the story hasn't knocked him around enough over the years. He basically gets killed off by some scumbag offscreen.

Will admit that I kind of forgot who Yumichika's weird...rival was. Though probably a good thing since god that guy is absolutely annoying. I don't suppose before Giselle goes down that he can kill that Arrancar off first ?

I suppose against a slime ball opponent like Giselle, Mayuri is the best choice. He's basically as evil as the Quincy and thus won't be shaken up by any cruel tactics. Even bringing off Hitsugaya isn't going to bother that guy at all. I think he's mostly annoyed by how difficult finishing off a zombie Hitsugaya will be.

Part of me thinks it'd be good for Ichigo to go and help finish off some of the Quincy while he's waiting for his ride to get ready. But I suppose with the opponents coming up it's better to have more energy in the tank for later.

I think Renji and Rukia will be fine. Would be ironic that Bazz-B could face off against another cold focused opponent. But Renji seems to be taking point here so maybe a second opponent will show up for Rukia instead.

Also my condolences to Bambi...things looked pretty bad for her when she was "rescued" but damn. Quincy are kind of idiots aren't they? Is it a good idea to set a precedent by letting Giselle do that? Do none of those girls that hang out in a group feel a lick of concern of what might happen to them if they get banged up a bit? The team play amongst the Quincy is pretty darn low.

Guess we'll see if this zombie sequel is as good as the original.
Old 2023-09-09, 14:39   Link #359
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, they skipped the part where Chad throws Ichigo into the buildings and a moment of Ichigo x Orihime T.T (although maybe they can put it later), with respect to the rest of the chapter, Urahara prepares to send Ichigo to the King's palace, there were cameos by Komamura and the Vizard (I hope they have more prominence later), and a Zombie fight started (although I didn't really like that Bambi reappeared, I feel that Komamura's fight lost meaning...), and at the end Hitsugaya-Zombie appeared, let's wait for the next chapter!
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-09, 17:51   Link #360
Wandering Soul

They cut out Yumichika's line when he first reveals Giselle's gender by telling him he reeks of semen, though they sort of imply it when he covers his nose.