AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-24, 10:31   Link #6341
LordMihawk
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_one_guy View Post
She can, but I'd also wager that she's more likely to die than be incapacitated once it's all finished
Of course she'll die.

Nothing can ever change for the better with her around.

Like PM, she has to go for anything to get better.

Probably wont be until the end though, or close to it.

Not anytime soon for sure.
LordMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 10:37   Link #6342
Fwarlord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMihawk View Post
Of course she'll die.

Nothing can ever change for the better with her around.

Probably wont be until the end though, or close to it.
Are you the author? Or the editor?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic218451_1.gif Lovers for Eternity
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 10:42   Link #6343
LordMihawk
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Are you the author? Or the editor?
Are you either of them perhaps?
LordMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:03   Link #6344
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As long as you formulate it with this exact words I don't have reason disagree. Well maybe with exception of attacking NR being evil which is again metter of point of view... but I will just give this one to you out of courtesy too .

BTW by NG you mean Night Raid?
Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, I meant Night Raid (meaning I'm continuously making the mistake of typing "NG" over and over again. Sorry about that.). This is why you should refrain from typing posts in forums on a mobile device.

Anyway, all I'm basically saying (just in case no one wants to read my long post) is that Night Raid are not saints (killing is bad, and they know it), but their actions and reasonings are a bit better and a bit more justifiable than the Jaegers. I also agreed with you that the Jaegers would be at the same level as Night Raid if they were part of the Revolution Army, But I'm currently focused on right now and the information and logic that we have right now; they are currently not part of the Army, and therefore, not as "good" as Night Raid, or, more appropriately, Night Raid is not as "evil" as the Jaegers. We all have every right to speculate, though.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:30   Link #6345
OverSeer
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
What is with this Esdeath hate? She wasent even in chap 52. Was she??
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:35   Link #6346
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
What is with this Esdeath hate? She wasent even in chap 52. Was she??
I don't think there's a lot of hate (if anything, a large group of people here (not judging here) are pro-Esdeath (I personally don't completely like her for... reasons that I won't repeat again unless someone really wanted me to. Also, I said "I don't completely like her" not "I don't like her"; I like her to an extent of entertainment, and she's pretty, but outside of that, nope.).
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:35   Link #6347
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, I meant Night Raid (meaning I'm continuously making the mistake of typing "NG" over and over again. Sorry about that.). This is why you should refrain from typing posts in forums on a mobile device.

Anyway, all I'm basically saying (just in case no one wants to read my long post) is that Night Raid are not saints (killing is bad, and they know it), but their actions and reasonings are a bit better and a bit more justifiable than the Jaegers. I also agreed with you that the Jaegers would be at the same level as Night Raid if they were part of the Revolution Army, But I'm currently focused on right now and the information and logic that we have right now; they are currently not part of the Army, and therefore, not as "good" as Night Raid, or, more appropriately, Night Raid is not as "evil" as the Jaegers. We all have every right to speculate, though.

I don't agree that any of the Jaeger members would fit into the Revolutionary army, besides Wave and Ran and even they're questionable. They both put their personal agendas above the greater good of the people.

Not saying there aren't any, but we have no evidence to suggest that anyone in the revolutionary army is as blood thirsty, unstable or calloused as the majority of Jaegers.

Schere keeps getting brought up, but hasn't shown to have loss any self-restraint from her loose screw like Justice Chan or Esdeath. Her aligned values with NR is above that.

Akame was provoked to kill Tatsumi at the beginning yes, but she didn't. The difference between NR and Jaeger is that if Jaeger was there they wouldn't stopped until someone died. Seryuu, without the supervision of her superior would kill Tatsumi and report back with a lie that he was collateral damage, as she has stated so with one of her missions.

Remember that NR are made of people who once belonged to the Imperial who sacrificed all they had to fight for what they believe is right. Has anyone in Jaeger done that? Bors keeps talking about his guilt, but has he made any conscious effort to change that?
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:41   Link #6348
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
I don't agree that any of the Jaeger members would fit into the Revolutionary army, besides Wave and Ran and even they're questionable. They both put their personal agendas above the greater good of the people.

Not saying there aren't any, but we have no evidence to suggest that anyone in the revolutionary army is as blood thirsty, unstable or calloused as the majority of Jaegers.

Schere keeps getting brought up, but hasn't shown to have loss any self-restraint from her loose screw like Justice Chan or Esdeath. Her aligned values with NR is above that.

Akame was provoked to kill Tatsumi at the beginning yes, but she didn't. The difference between NR and Jaeger is that if Jaeger was there they wouldn't stopped until someone died.
I never said that they would be able to fit in there; I only made a "what if" statement.

I also never stated that the Revolutionary Army has bloodthirsty people either; I was only saying that they are less evil then most, and basing it on the fact that we don't know the intentions of all of the members.

We'll probably never know Schere's true agenda, so I was basically defaulting to her being "evil" (which was my mistake and I shouldn't have done that, since we don't know).

You're completely right for the second-last part. But even though it wasn't right to begin with, she had no choice (and I believe that her having no choice aligns with your point (unless it really isn't, and if it's not, please explain)).

I believe I mentioned that before, that many of the members defected to Night Raid because they no longer believed what the Empire was doing is correct.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:44   Link #6349
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 44
Quote:
I don't agree that any of the Jaeger members would fit into the Revolutionary army,
here is a thought

who are the RA? who runs it, 1 person or a committee?
what are their actual goals are the empire overthrown?

there are examples of in our own history where the people who overthrew a tyrannical government turn out to be no better.

and the dividing of the spoils after the war is over has lead to even more atrocities.

i won't be surprise if after overthrowing the Empire the 2nd half of the story would be fighting the new RA government.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:46   Link #6350
OverSeer
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
I don't think there's a lot of hate (if anything, a large group of people here (not judging here) are pro-Esdeath (I personally don't completely like her for... reasons that I won't repeat again unless someone really wanted me to. Also, I said "I don't completely like her" not "I don't like her"; I like her to an extent of entertainment, and she's pretty, but outside of that, nope.).
I do not care who believes what on this forum. The fact remains none of you can say for certain what is going to happen. (Including I) This is a simple truth and a fact. I am tired of everyone thinking their view is better. I will say this again, NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN (Unless you are the author or someone the author shares with which I doubt HIGHLY!!!) AND NONE OF YOU CAN KNOW!!!. SO STOP. Everyone here know their own truth, but it does not make it true.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:49   Link #6351
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
I do not care who believes what on this forum. The fact remains none of you can say for certain what is going to happen. (Including I) This is a simple truth and a fact. I am tired of everyone thinking their view is better. I will say this again, NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN (Unless you are the author or someone the author shares with which I doubt HIGHLY!!!) AND NONE OF YOU CAN KNOW!!!. SO STOP. Everyone here know their own truth, but it does not make it true.
Woah! Who said we know what's going to happen? We're just merely stating opinions. In fact, I've said variants of what you're stating in most of my posts, to make sure that everyone knows that I don't know what's going to happen and I'm only speculating based off of the logic I've been given in this series as well as my own judgement.

Everyone has the right to say what they want. Though, I didn't really appreciate the tone that you had.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:50   Link #6352
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
I never said that they would be able to fit in there; I only made a "what if" statement.

I also never stated that the Revolutionary Army has bloodthirsty people either; I was only saying that they are less evil then most, and basing it on the fact that we don't know the intentions of all of the members.

We'll probably never know Schere's true agenda, so I was basically defaulting to her being "evil" (which was my mistake and I shouldn't have done that, since we don't know).

You're completely right for the second-last part. But even though it wasn't right to begin with, she had no choice (and I believe that her having no choice aligns with your point (unless it really isn't, and if it's not, please explain)).

I believe I mentioned that before, that many of the members defected to Night Raid because they no longer believed what the Empire was doing is correct.
You said that they were on the same level if they were in the Revolutionary Army, and the only reason they seem more "evil" is because they are on the wrong side. I didn't agree with that point and believe that the sides they're on are not what influences their appearance. I was just making a point why they don't belong in RA, not saying that you believe RA is blood thirsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
here is a thought

who are the RA? who runs it, 1 person or a committee?
what are their actual goals are the empire overthrown?

there are examples of in our own history where the people who overthrew a tyrannical government turn out to be no better.

and the dividing of the spoils after the war is over has lead to even more atrocities.

i won't be surprise if after overthrowing the Empire the 2nd half of the story would be fighting the new RA government.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second, and have the same thought as you on this. I just compartmentalize what I see as speculation (what you're doing) and what is the current situation based on current evidence. Right now, I'm looking at the current accusations.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:54   Link #6353
OverSeer
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
Woah! Who said we know what's going to happen? We're just merely stating opinions. In fact, I've said variants of what you're stating in most of my posts, to make sure that everyone knows that I don't know what's going to happen and I'm only speculating based off of the logic I've been given in this series as well as my own judgement.

Everyone has the right to say what they want. Though, I didn't really appreciate the tone that you had.
Well, you have the right to feel however you want, I on the other hand was not being specific. I was speaking in general.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:56   Link #6354
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
You said that they were on the same level if they were in the Revolutionary Army, and the only reason they seem more "evil" is because they are on the wrong side. I didn't agree with that point and believe that the sides there are on are not what influences their appearance. I was just making a point why they don't belong in RA, not saying that you believe RA is blood thirsty.
True, but I also said that it wasn't enough and that, in order for it to work, all members had to defect from the Empire (at least, that's what I remember and implied). I didn't mention that part again, because of the assumption that people would know that I implied it. I keep forgetting that my posts are long and people won't read all of them. I'll try to summarize all of my points and exceptions in the future.

The blood thirsty part may have been a bit harsh and I could have worded that differently; I didn't want to give the impression that I thought that you thought that I believed that the Revolutionary Army is blood thirsty.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:57   Link #6355
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
I don't agree that any of the Jaeger members would fit into the Revolutionary army, besides Wave and Ran and even they're questionable. They both put their personal agendas above the greater good of the people.

Not saying there aren't any, but we have no evidence to suggest that anyone in the revolutionary army is as blood thirsty, unstable or calloused as the majority of Jaegers.

Schere keeps getting brought up, but hasn't shown to have loss any self-restraint from her loose screw like Justice Chan or Esdeath. Her aligned values with NR is above that.

Akame was provoked to kill Tatsumi at the beginning yes, but she didn't. The difference between NR and Jaeger is that if Jaeger was there they wouldn't stopped until someone died. Seryuu, without the supervision of her superior would kill Tatsumi and report back with a lie that he was collateral damage, as she has stated so with one of her missions.

Remember that NR are made of people who once belonged to the Imperial who sacrificed all they had to fight for what they believe is right. Has anyone in Jaeger done that? Bors keeps talking about his guilt, but has he made any conscious effort to change that?
It's war and any means are fine. And you can be sure RA wouldn't mind sacrifice half of NR just to obtain such talents as Stylish. Bors might not be welcomed because some personal grudges... but he had Teigu so he would be accepted as well. Kurome would be accepted right from the bat in same way as Akame or Schere were. And let's be honest PM was absolutely right what would happen if Esdeath decided change of side.

Only one who might be trouble is Seryuu as she might go one some maverick justice mission and disobey orders.

RA CAN'T afford to be saint if they they wouldn't creat NR in first place. It doesn't they aren't in right, but they can't pick means and they wouldn't to back up their righteousness, even if it meant use Jeagers.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:58   Link #6356
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Well, you have the right to feel however you want, I on the other hand was not being specific. I was speaking in general.
The thing is, I don't argue with what's going to happen. I speculate that and discuss it. What I do debate about is what has already happened, and I only use what I see in front of me bare as day.

I call a spade a spade.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 13:02   Link #6357
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's war and any means are fine. And you can be sure RA wouldn't mind sacrifice half of NR just to obtain such talents as Stylish. Bors might not be welcomed because some personal grudges... but he had Teigu so he would be accepted as well. Kurome would be accepted right from the bat in same way as Akame or Schere were. And let's be honest PM was absolutely right what would happen if Esdeath decided change of side.

Only one who might be trouble is Seryuu as she might go one some maverick justice mission and disobey orders.

RA CAN'T afford to be saint if they they wouldn't creat NR in first place. It doesn't they aren't in right, but they can't pick means and they wouldn't to back up their righteousness, even if it meant use Jeagers.
agree 100%

war is hell, there is no justice in War just victory or defeat.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 13:03   Link #6358
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Would you be my girlfriend?
Age: 30
I wonder if Lubbock will believe Syura's words and claim to NR that Tatsumi abandoned them or something like that
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 13:03   Link #6359
Junior117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Well, you have the right to feel however you want, I on the other hand was not being specific. I was speaking in general.
I know you were being general about it (like I said, I basically said similar things). But I believe I was put into a group that I wasn't trying to be a part of. In fact, most of the people here aren't really in said group.

I was also little uncomfortable about the way you said it, but I don't really think you were trying to be mean, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I just think it could have been better worded.

EDIT: What I just said probably wasn't the best way of putting it out. I changed a couple of words to better reflect what I was trying to say. Also, this is not the point; it's just the tone that I feel was a little extreme, not the implied meaning.

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-08-24 at 13:38.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 13:04   Link #6360
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's war and any means are fine. And you can be sure RA wouldn't mind sacrifice half of NR just to obtain such talents as Stylish. Bors might not be welcomed because some personal grudges... but he had Teigu so he would be accepted as well. Kurome would be accepted right from the bat in same way as Akame or Schere were. And let's be honest PM was absolutely right what would happen if Esdeath decided change of side.

Only one who might be trouble is Seryuu as she might go one some maverick justice mission and disobey orders.

RA CAN'T afford to be saint if they they wouldn't creat NR in first place. It doesn't they aren't in right, but they can't pick means and they wouldn't to back up their righteousness, even if it meant use Jeagers.
It's not that the RA wouldn't accept any of them. It's that their personal agendas don't align with RA, making them at odds with each other. Even when Akame, Najenda and Aniki were in the Imperial, they were convinced what they did was right. It was after they were convinced otherwise that they switched sides.

Bols, Wave and Ran all know that the Imperial is corrupt (Wave has at least enough awareness to questoin), but they each have their own agendas to worry about family, revenge, debt etc. The people come last.

Seryuu - Nuts
Esdeath - DGAF
Kurome - Gimme Drugs
Dr Stylish - DGAF
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.