AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-22, 02:40   Link #7121
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
And quite frankly not one I am fond of at all. It's almost synonymous with badass decay to me. Oh look strong independent character, now look puddle of jelly.
Of course it's badass decay. It's been happening to her since she decided to fall in love and met Tatsumi. It didn't stop her from learning how to freeze time though.
Old 2014-09-22, 03:04   Link #7122
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Personally I don't quite see Esdeath as a Defrosting Ice Queen. Maybe if she stops torturing people for fun...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 03:10   Link #7123
Gundamx

actually Esdeath only have Ice Queen persona to her enemy, she was always kind to her subordinates
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 03:26   Link #7124
Nice

Well, from reading the last chapter I have to say things seem a bit better than I hoped.

At first, due to the spoiler I thought she was just straight up pissed, now I have abetter look at her, I still see hope.

Takahiro sure has a way with this story, on the one hand, he has her looking demon like saying she will kill tatsumi. But honestly, it looks like a mercy thing. She already promised she would not let anything harm him (ages ago when he was single though) and we already saw in early chapters what a public execution looks like (it's no beheading, they are crucified, dismembered and have arrows and shots in them with enough life to linger)
So for me, to say that she will do it herself and let no one touch him (which i doubt, but who knows) will mean it would be quick with no suffering. Also it seemed wired with how he said "tatsumi of night raid will die". Almost like she is goin to stage it, but that's just a thought.

On the other hand, we have her sad Lovey dovey self. Not only is she not insane, she's not ballistic either. She's just desperate to win tatsumi by making him her subordinate. She makes him food, tries to feed him, and even looks like she was going to cry until the sun came up and she realized she was out of time. Then she realized that there was no more time to convince him and seemed to accept that.
However, this would be perfect for her to consider defecting. If he won't join her, she'll join him and win him. She had to realize that by now.

Whether she will is another matter, one I'm sure the writer intended to leave the chapter on. Once again, we have the whole "will she? Won't she?" Question up. We all expected her to go calismic but he remained calmed and determined. Only when she realized she was out of time to convince him did she realize she couldn't, at least I time.

There is a lot of evidence throughout the whole story to suggest that she won't, or, at the very least, be hesitant. She already had a part of her not wanting to fight incursio before she even knew who was in there, now she knows who she's really up against and she's just goin to go through with it? I doubt it. But the wait is killing me and there is every chance that even if she doesn't, she may do something that will just anger tatsumi.

As for tatsumi, he seemed more concerned for rubboc than angry at esdeath. That was until he knew he was killed. Only then did he begin to growl at her, and why not? One of his friends just died, corse he'd be upset and it only strengthens his resolve due to his pain, anger and sorrow.

If esdeath backs out at the lat minute and fights her way out of the capital that could cause the chaos of the arc.
Buy I also feel that the PM sort of snapped when syura died with that look. He may have gone a bit bananas and may set the capital on fire himself.

As for night raid, whether they are informed or not, I bet one of them (mine) goes to the capital to look for tatsumi Nd Lubbock. Then hears about the execution, arrives, panics, cover is blown and chaos esupts due to the fighting, or something on those lines.
Either way, I feel like night raid is Almost done. None of them are a match for esdeath, not to mention all the guards that would be there (perhaps).
I also feel, with wave being the only one who had yet to actually kill SOMETHING, that he may be the one to notice and kill mine, setting up the stage for his and tatsumis duel. Someone's it even feels like esdeath may face mine but not kill her, but mine is the one who pushes it. Chaos unfolds, they are sepetatwd and mine meets her end elsewhere.
Maybe night raid do stage the rescues and seeing who tatsumi gf is is what breaks her (doubt it if knowing he has one haven't yet)
And if night raid is not in the capital yet, maybe esdeath busts tatsumi out, they escape the capital, at the same time a member of NR enters, gets caught, then crucified in his place. At the hideout, tatsumi learns of it, Goes back, gets mine Dow. When it's safe and buries her.
Or in the even that esdeath does mean to go though with it, new elements are going to be needed since I don't see NR being able to do much. Like the commoners hear wild hunt leader is killed by NR, they protest because they hate wild hunt and all hell breaks loose.

And now, we wait. I don't think the next chapter will decide it for esdeath, but we will have an answer soon. And it's painfully obvious she's popular with the westerners, but with japan I wonder. Either way, once more, takahiro needs to be careful with what happens with her. Her defecting could bring a bit of light after all the tradedy that's been happening, especially after whatever chaos unfolds and rubbocs death, but ensuring she stays bad is just doing to drop fans from this pretty damn hard. Even he should know this, but it's his story, but I really wants an esdeath ending. It makes that part of re seem right and would set a stage for budos gaurd to face her since his army is te only one that can counter hers

Then if that happens, she had better live.

Time for a nap. Cya next month folks
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 03:27   Link #7125
Junior117

After reading the latest chapter, here are my thoughts about this:

So... Lubbuck (I can NEVER spell his name right! *sigh*) dies. A moment of silence for this brave man...

(Two seconds later)

... moment of silence is over (showing that not a lot of people care for his death. Which I'm personally sad about (not to mention that his trolling when he fights was awesome. I'm gonna miss that guy :'( )). Then again, I do think he did a stupid move that cost him his life. I'm sure there would have been a better way to deal with that.I'm also surprised that he didn't escape and to me, this felt like a quick kill with not a lot of meaning (which worries me a bit about the actual manga itself, but moving on...).

As for the part of the chapter with Esdeath and Tatsumi, I had a feeling that Tatsumi was not going to budge on Esdeath. And I've said many times before: Esdeath acts like a yandere, but I was trying to avoid the statement that she is one since she didn't posses the traits of being willing to kill the person she loves in order for her to "have him forever". The fact that she is now willing to kill him (which, if I'm not mistaken, I believe some people in here said that her love for him will prevent her from doing such a thing), my likeness for Esdeath has decreased dramatically (mainly because of the fact that she, up to this point, wasn't a yandere was the remaining reason why I was still on the fence on whether I could (or even if she deserved to) have any kind of sympathy of any kind for her or not (and sympathy for yanderes are pretty much zero in my books), but that's been eliminated, so...).

But enough of that. In pertaining of what happens now, I've said it before, and this chapter reenforces it: I still don't really see Tatsumi going for it. We've clearly seen time and time again that he knows right from wrong and that he will do the best choice even if it's going to cost him his life (reminiscing chapter 1, when he, up until he knew that the girl and her family killed people fun, including his two friends) And besides, if he did decide to go with Esdeath, then... well, that would pretty much render that part of the chapter useless; the author might as well just let Tatsumi agree to Esdeath's offer since it's kind of is the end of the "volume" (or at least it seems like it (correct me if I'm wrong); it would be a better cliffhanger). I don't think that faking it will help or even temporarily joining will help either, since it'll be out of his character and there will need to be a good reason behind it (an argument that states that he will join just to be able to see Main again can be argued, but Lubbock died even though he wanted to see Najenda, and also, the determined look on Tatsumi's face doesn't show that he's really thinking about that right now), so I can't really see a good angle there.

Right now, though, I do see a fight happening between these two and I do see Tatsumi winning (by taking advantage of Esdeath's love for him) and escaping, but not without a few (or a lot of) battle scars. Will she die? Absolutely not (and if she doesn't, I'll be sad, since my main source of laughter in this manga (and anime) is her failed advances with Tatsumi (I'm serious, and I know it sounds like flip-flopping since I already implied that I'm starting to really not like her, but... yeahhhh... I'm kinda sadistic like that))! Will she be seriously injured? I don't know. Will she be emotionally scarred? Again, I don't know (but I'm leaning on "yes"). Will the fight end and Esdeath isn't at least scratched, though? I highly doubt it, since she does constantly get distracted throughout the series because of her thinking of Tatsumi (which is now part of her character), and just throwing it away only for this fight would be out of character. I also believe he will be physically injured, but will still be able to escape somehow. I also sort of expect a backstory of Esdeath at some point (unless there already is, in which case, ignore what I just said and ignore the remainder of this paragraph (and tell me where it is in the manga)). Maybe this fight will trigger it or something: I don't know, but whatever it is, it's probably going to be very sad (though, it probably won't make me pity her).

Before I continue, yes: I know that not all characters who are yandere don't kill their lovers or the people that their lover loves, but seeing that she kills people for fun, the fact that she'll make an exception for Tatsumi in spite the fact that she made him an ultimatum (join me or perish), it's almost certain that her statement was genuine.

I *can* also see the fight go on the loss towards Tatsumi (and even to the point of death on his end). Yes, stories can kill off their main characters (of course, they need to replace them with another one and it needs to have a good reason, but I can see it). And the only angle that I'm pointing to is with Esdeath's ability to freeze time. If she does that, she can end the battle right now. But she'll only use it as a last resort (because,... well... plot advancement). We won't know until October, but... we'll see; these are only my opinions after all, and I could be all wrong (like how I was wrong with what the PM's reaction to Seryu's death was going to be. Speaking of...).

As for the PM, I'm honestly saying that I am very surprised at his reaction to his son's death. I thought that he wouldn't care too much (or at all), but in the end, he actually lov...

... um... cared for him. I'm still very surprised. Very, very surprised. And whoever called it (I do remember someone saying that a variant of this would happen), I applaud you greatly. Really.

Anyway, onto October!

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-09-22 at 04:11. Reason: Removed spoiler tag, since my post is short enough.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:01   Link #7126
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Escaped only to die?! T~T
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:01   Link #7127
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I see that this thread have become lively again which can only means Esdeath’s presence in the latest chapter . I hope this is not a bad time for me to post . Anyway, I’ll try not to delve too deeply into Esdeath this time. All I want to say is that she finally did what many of us consider inevitable: delivering her (final?) attempt at non-violently persuading and convincing Tatsumi to join her (and, automatically, the Empire) before finally sentencing Tatsumi the death penalty since he said no all the way. Well, count me in the camp of those who think that Tatsumi has no other choice besides saying ‘no’ if he still wants to uphold his principles and loyalty to his friends in NR (both the living ones and the deceased ones). Like GDB (and some others) said before, Tatsumi can’t play the “pretending-to-be-loyal” this time as the first order right after he sworn loyalty to Esdeath will most likely be to spit out every last bit of info about NR that he knows to prove his loyalty (unless the empire is really really stupid not to demand it). Lying or keeping silent will only result in him meeting the public execution which pretty much the same result as him saying “no” now. So I figure Tatsumi just want to get it over with quickly this time, given he is pretty much still a simple man and grieve-ridden with the fresh news of Lubbock’s death.

As for Lubbock’s death, well that’s too bad. Like I previously said some pages ago, I do care about his character because he is fun to have and have the potential to be “hilariously immortal” like Patrick Colasour from Gundam 00 that will never get killed. But of course, given the nature of this series, I never count out the death flag on his head since he and Tatsumi got spectacularly captured by the two strongest generals and the possibility of him getting killed during his escape. Heh, now I can finally say “Take that!” to those who previously confidently said that Lubbock will live through this, get married, have children and die of old age, Hah .

And…since some posters still brought the “Tatsumi blurting about his Gf to Esdeath”-issue up, I might as well state my opinion on it. Well, maybe I’m the only one here who thinks that Tatsumi’s revealing to Esdeath that he has a girlfriend is actually his way of appreciating both Mine & Esdeath’s feelings, not merely a dumb move like some others have said or implied. Tatsumi already gave his heart to Mein and wanted to be as loyal Bf as he could by not betraying her feelings by cheating (getting it on with Esdeath on that jail). On the other hand, Tatsumi also appreciates and honors Esdeath’s feelings for him that he knows is genuine (in her own way) by saying it outright that his heart already belongs to someone else. So again, I personally think it’s a “gentleman way” of appreciating & honoring the feelings of both women that truly love him. I seriously admire Tasumi for not being a dick to girls and women who care for him, even a woman as morally warped as Esdeath.

And for the idea that Esdeath could be the mother of the PM’s new child. Well, it’s possible, and I wouldn’t be too heartbroken because of it. I hope that IF it is indeed happening, it will be more like the PM forcefully raping Esdeath than the sex being consensual. Saying that might make me sound like an Esdeath-hater, but seriously, I’m not. I found Esdeath an interesting character and love her badassery and hilarity but after all is said and done, I think she deserves to feel some pain and suffering that close to the degree of torture that she loves to do to her victims (not just a figurative heartbreak). Also, considering how much women, mothers, young girls, and probably even little girls who got raped by her army due to her orders to pillage and ravage some villages, towns, and cities that she conquered, I think it’s about time that she taste her own medicine to truly understand how it feels to be weak, helpless, and suffering the abuse of others and finally realize the true meaning of what Tatsumi has been talking about all this time. For example, the mass-murderer Vegeta (from DBZ in case somebody doesn’t know) get to experience dying a rather painful death twice and him to care about the people around him and those who he have killed during the Buu arc for his character to be finally redeemed as one of the good guys (then again, No.18 got away almost scott free ).

Oh, one more thing about Lubbock’s death. It reminds about his fight and exchange with the Rakshasa Demon girl where he said something like “Too bad. You’re such a cute girl. If only we met in different circumstances, I swear I’d ask you out” and the girl enemy said “You know, I don’t mind a guy like you, but let’s save it for another life” before launching her finishing blow. IIRC The conversation ended with Lubbock killing the Rakshasa girl with a surprise attack and wiping off her tears. So I guess both of them are now dating in another life?
Old 2014-09-22, 05:53   Link #7128
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

So forth the wheel of death continues at least he didn't betrayed night raid in the end :/ the feels were strong with this one oh and esdeath became like ultra yandere now.I still ship tatsumiXesdeath tho <3 Obelisk with that rape thing lol i guess esdeath would just freeze that whole friggin palace rather than *you know* with PM
Tenryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:42   Link #7129
ta2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
Are those the only two scenarios you could think of?
I figured the most likely things to happen next chap were his death or escape. There is a chance, be it a small one, he kills esdeath and my brain can't figure out how they would justify that unless, the whole noble sacrifice angle with him accepting her in death. Esdeath fans are rabid in their loyalty, and I can respect that no matter how unfathomable I find it.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:50   Link #7130
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Personally I don't quite see Esdeath as a Defrosting Ice Queen. Maybe if she stops torturing people for fun...
I don't think that bringing Tatsumi homecooked food qualifies as torture
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 08:01   Link #7131
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
I figured the most likely things to happen next chap were his death or escape. There is a chance, be it a small one, he kills esdeath and my brain can't figure out how they would justify that unless, the whole noble sacrifice angle with him accepting her in death. Esdeath fans are rabid in their loyalty, and I can respect that no matter how unfathomable I find it.
I take offense in these generalizations .

Everyone here, including the non-Esdeath camp (who I believe are made up of Tsunderes and fans who are secretly in love with her ) is speculating their own wild ideas. I've seen some wild ones that doesn't involve any EsdeathXTatsumi shipment. If there was a list of failed predictions, like someone earlier mentioned, most of those listed would belong to the EsdeathXTatsumi shippers but it's not her fault she's popular.

Anyhow there's still the chance that Takahiro pulls another Houdini on us, where none of our predictions come close to hitting the mark. I can't recall how many actually believed Esdeath's first reaction would be to lose her mind and kill Mine. We still don't know if that's just another process in delay.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 08:09   Link #7132
Miraluka
Banned

@ Obelisk ze Tormento

About Esdese... nope, she isn't part of the good guys, something more along with this series would be Tatsumi's gf getting caught and becoming PM's new waifu. Even more if Esdese is the one who brings Mine to the PM.

I doubt it'll happen though.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 08:50   Link #7133
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Personally, I will stick with my idea that Tats will not be killed next chapter. But who knows? I will drop this manga if he dies so soon.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 08:53   Link #7134
NeutralZero

Is the chapter really 55.2 and not 53?
so far
in the ship we're routing... it is not over until it is officially over...
and somehow
it is a good thing that not all things goes her way
that may have been a wake up call for her
that she can't always have what she desire...
and this situation somehow resemble the time when Tatsumi was first captured
he asked her to join the rebels with him yet refuse to do so bec. of her pride and possition as a general of the empire
this time around she's desperate to make him join her to keep him safe
She can try and sneak him out without others finding about it since she has the time stopping thing yet she didn't do it mainly bec. she is still a general of the empire
The sun rising also seems to look like her time is up and she need to fulfill her duties
And rather than letting some random guy killed him off, she decided to do it her self
she still remain true to her self of not letting anyone try and hurt him
Wonder if she can fake his death...
She did say Tatsumi of Nightraid you will die
Kinda like the deaths of Kamijou in Index... not a physical form of death...
with the assistance of someone that can make a body double, invincibility and time stopping
they/she could stage his death...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2014-09-22 at 08:57. Reason: add on
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 08:59   Link #7135
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
She did say Tatsumi of Nightraid you will die
Kinda like the deaths of Kamijou in Index... not a physical form of death...
I haven't seen index since the fashion statement in it really turned me off (90's spikey haircut and a one pant jean? )

If it's not a physical form of death; I could only think that you're referring to his identity as Tatsumi.

edit: omitted something for use later
Old 2014-09-22, 09:04   Link #7136
arthand

I think Esdeath may take Tatsumi and run off to the north since she has army and everything else there , remeber how the manga started with Esdeath making king of the north her bitch which was also a spear user . Esdeath is from northand she has an army so if she claims the north for helself when empire is in chaos no one can do anything about it , no matter how you look at it when Tatsumi dies Esdeath looses so much and gains nothing at all . Making a new country in the north is also profitable for tatsumis ideals no matter how you look at it since its obious being a king> being an assasin that can be disposed off after revolution no matter how you look at it .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 09:07   Link #7137
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthand View Post
I think Esdeath may take Tatsumi and run off to the north since she has army and everything else there , remeber how the manga started with Esdeath making king of the north her bitch which was also a spear user . Esdeath is from northand she has an army so if she claims the north for helself when empire is in chaos no one can do anything about it , no matter how you look at it when Tatsumi dies Esdeath looses so much and gains nothing at all . Making a new country in the north is also profitable for tatsumis ideals no matter how you look at it since its obious being a king> being an assasin that can be disposed off after revolution no matter how you look at it .
I'd like to continue on a fan fiction about that .
Old 2014-09-22, 09:22   Link #7138
arthand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
I'd like to continue on a fan fiction about that .
Well it probably wont happen but even if revolutionaries won nothing good will happen which i am sure of it , countries which helped revolutionaries will claim some of the land and make their people slaves , soldiers of revolution will rape women etc... I am pretty sure of that when overwhelming power of the empire gone war will break out between all the little countries to make their borders bigger etc... In the end no matter who wins loss is obious but North has so much potencial and it can be greatest rival of the empire , with a strong North empires corruption will be lessen since that weaken the country etc.... Anyway in the end we dont even know who is the commander of revolutionaries , i also dont understand why no one wonders about it .
Old 2014-09-22, 09:30   Link #7139
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

We've discussed it several pages ago. This place moves fast.

The revolution army are made up of peasants, villages and leaders in the Empire who have revolted. They all have Intel and communication with one another. Leaders like Najenda most likely gather for meetings to discuss- stuff. As whether there is a single headquarter that governs all revolutionary, and whether there are other factions like Night Raid out there is unknown. Where does Najenda run to when she looks for new Teigu for example? The story right now is focused on NR and the rest are backdrops.
Old 2014-09-22, 10:02   Link #7140
arthand

Anyway most dissapointing thing i found about this manga is tatsumis teigu incursio ( i mean we told its core is living it can evolve etc but nothing happens at all , it should have changed to tasumis taste but why does it still have spear while tatsumi is a sword user ? invisibility is practically useless while it can be a broken ability. Also I dont understand why tatsumi never really uses his spear and fights unarmed , anyway incursio might have been neccecary to hide tatsumi till now but since everyone know his face he doesnt need incursio at all (its a shittty teigu) . If tatsumi survives this it would be good if he can find a good teigu since i am really dissapointed about incrsio

Best teigu in the series till now was susanoo but his 3 times magatama manifestation was no good since it made him weak , still even with magatama he was so much stronger then incursio tatsumi , i also forgot that tatsumi doesnt have a trump card which is also annoying .

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!