AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-27, 04:23   Link #501
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

If you're so worried about this swine flu thingy, just drink white wine every day. The Hungarian vaccine is made from that, and even the doctors say that white wine protects people from the swine flu, without any side effects.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 11:07   Link #502
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
If you're so worried about this swine flu thingy, just drink white wine every day. The Hungarian vaccine is made from that, and even the doctors say that white wine protects people from the swine flu, without any side effects.
Before stating something like that, please show your source ? Because, I don't know why, but I have a hard time to believe that wine will protect me against the A(H1N1) flu

And by the way, it will be good if someone change the title. It's not swine flu anymore but A(H1N1) flu.
Old 2009-11-28, 01:23   Link #503
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Btw, it seems that the A(H1N1) flu also mutate in France (two people are dead because of this ) . Those two mutation are :

- The flu can now acess to the lung which can caused pulmonary damage.
- The flu seems to develop a resistance against tamiflu.

Of course, the vaccine is still effective. But don't forget to be informed of the risk caused by the vaccine before doing something.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:45   Link #504
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Gestion de la grippe A, du "fiasco" à la "faute lourde"

Gonna borrow your gif, Ascaloth.

To make this news short in English (what i report here is not only what can be read on this website, but what I also heard today), France is the sol european country to have bought 94 millions of vaccines. The government bought enough vaccines for more than 100% of the population, while some people with proufs said that giving a vaccine to 30% of a population is enough to contain a virus, the government didn't listen, nor the Pharmaceutical companies/laboratories.

As a result:

- The swine flu did way, way less deaths in France than the usual normal flu.
- Only 10% of the French got vaccinated (5 millions).
- Some experts did say that the people would need two injections of the vaccine, while now it is said that only one is enough, meaning that we bought even more useless vaccines.
- The money lost in that Fiasco is unbilievable.
- The minister, Bachelot, is accused to have conceded to the laboratories pressure to buy way too many vaccines.
- Many people discovered that people linked to the pharmaceutical laboratories actually work in this government departement.
- Since now we lost too much money and still have more than 70 millions of vaccines that are roting away in the warehouse, we started to sell vaccine to countries like the Qatar (like many are guessing, for a discount price obviously). That's the most pathetic part (but a lot of other european cointries are doing the same since even them have lots of vaccines in stock)

Epic Fail

Last edited by Narona; 2010-01-04 at 13:15.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 14:26   Link #505
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Gestion de la grippe A, du "fiasco" à la "faute lourde"

Gonna borrow your gif, Ascaloth.

To make this news short in English (what i report here is not only what can be read on this website, but what I also heard today), France is the sol european country to have bought 94 millions of vaccines. The government bought enough vaccines for more than 100% of the population, while some people with proufs said that giving a vaccine to 30% of a population is enough to contain a virus, the government didn't listen, nor the Pharmaceutical companies/laboratories.

As a result:

- The swine flu did way, way less deaths in France than the usual normal flu.
- Only 10% of the French got vaccinated (5 millions).
- Some experts did say that the people would need two injections of the vaccine, while now it is said that only one is enough, meaning that we bought even more useless vaccines.
- The money lost in that Fiasco is unbilievable.
- The minister, Bachelot, is accused to have conceded to the laboratories pressure to buy way too many vaccines.
- Many people discovered that people linked to the pharmaceutical laboratories actually work in this government departement.
- Since now we lost too much money and still have more than 70 millions of vaccines that are roting away in the warehouse, we started to sell vaccine to countries like the Qatar (like many are guessing, for a discount price obviously). That's the most pathetic part (but a lot of other european cointries are doing the same since even them have lots of vaccines in stock)

Epic Fail
i knew swine flu wasn't a big problem..
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 17:35   Link #506
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
stuff
Is it too late for an "I told you so"?

(Not to you in particular, I'm just remembering the discussions that were had in this thread when this first arose).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 09:29   Link #507
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I only heard about this event a few days' ago, but I thought it would inject a note of levity into this discussion:

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...5444XQ20090505
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 16:18   Link #508
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I only heard about this event a few days' ago, but I thought it would inject a note of levity into this discussion:

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...5444XQ20090505
Why didn't they decide to kill the swine?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 17:45   Link #509
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Like I said in some other thread, I don't even take normal flu shots, not when stuff like that happens. It's not only in France, I'm sure it's the same everywhere else you go to. Best way to not get sick is a good diet, wash your hands everyday, don't touch things that you're not sure how many other people touched, the whole routine.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-23, 19:28   Link #510
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Swine flu in and of itself isn't too great a danger, but the fact that we couldn't contain it even though we found out about it fairly quickly is a very bad sign. It's clear that the world needs a much better way of responding to potential outbreaks if we're to encounter a really dangerous infection.
How current this post seems...
Engels is offline   Reply With Quote