AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2020-10-26, 20:03   Link #3341
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So Sentai. So rushed too.

Made me wonder why they decided to resolved King Arthur and Ogami being Medusa victim in one go. Moment of Touma screaming "Ogami-san!" raise thoughts that the original idea for this fight is split into two episode (as we saw Ogami return to his human form, also Calibur win and defeated two times at same episode), but for some reason they can't have it.

At least its funny to see how Touma surprised he became the sword himself and decide to tag along with it by saying his catchphrase during finisher. Calibur using red book, Saiyuu Journey, made people wonder if his real identity is the previous Saber (but Kento recognize him as his father?)

I heard rumor decision to rushed is combination of actors screentime management that still affected by Covid also no hard feelings to rushed because next is a break; then again, rumor is rumor. Aside that we got Oren and Jounochi cameo to promote Gaim next DVD.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 07:57   Link #3342
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

King of Arthur's true power is a giant mech. Ok.
Old 2020-10-28, 05:50   Link #3343
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As expected of Sentai.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 10:57   Link #3344
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh look, Toei put out clean/creditless OPs of all Heisei Riders in HD. It's nice that we now have a legal way to watch it in the best quality without relying on fan-edits.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-10-28, 11:43   Link #3345
justavisitor

immediately switch to the blade's portion and realize that they miss the 2nd op from blade ("elements")...

shocked by my "expertise" (I spent too much time watching kids' shows!!! ) and at the same time, toei, you fail us again XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 20:31   Link #3346
B214

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As expected of Sentai.
While it's not a new trend to rider, this may end up as a Reiwa thing now since the first 2 rider series has a mecha in it.

Fourze has Powerdizer - Albeit not used by rider.
Gaim has Suika Arms.
Zi-O has Time Mazine.
Zero-One has Breaking Mammoth.
Saber has King of Arthur.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 05:38   Link #3347
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
While it's not a new trend to rider, this may end up as a Reiwa thing now since the first 2 rider series has a mecha in it.

Fourze has Powerdizer - Albeit not used by rider.
Gaim has Suika Arms.
Zi-O has Time Mazine.
Zero-One has Breaking Mammoth.
Saber has King of Arthur.
This is Kamen Rider J's fault. Without him, Heisei Kamen Riders will have no giant fights in their shows. It all goes back to him

YouTube

Also, technically, Kamen Rider J belongs to Heisei based on the year it was released .
Old 2020-10-30, 19:16   Link #3348
B214

Onore J!!!
Haha, well Shin, ZO, J were all release during Heisei but considered Showa (at times). Otherwise those 3 are considered as outcasts.
Old 2020-10-31, 16:52   Link #3349
justavisitor

Hmm...people...I think you are looking at the wrong scapegoat
Kamen rider J is from 1994...
But in the year of 1993, they have this already
YouTube

It's a promotional video, crossover between ultraman and Kamen rider 1
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2020-10-31, 18:45   Link #3350
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, but many fans consider that as non-canon advertisement/promo materials. And there are many crazy advertisement involving Tokusatsu out there (like that time when Godzilla played basketball ). It was J that took the idea seriously .
Old 2020-11-02, 05:28   Link #3351
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Saber's triple volume, Crimson Dragon, can be found in arcade.

The chant sounds normal without wordplay intended (unlike Blades' "Fantas-tic (tenkuu) Lion" or Calibur's "Get go (gekkou) under conquer (ankoku) than get keen (zangeki)).

Zangetsu Kachidoki looks different compare to stage play, different suit I guess.

Old 2020-11-02, 13:08   Link #3352
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, but many fans consider that as non-canon advertisement/promo materials. And there are many crazy advertisement involving Tokusatsu out there (like that time when Godzilla played basketball ). It was J that took the idea seriously .
I heard J had the idea of getting big because kids reacted positively in ultraman vs kamen rider 1

Anyway, I will give it to J. He already looks almost identical to zo, and takes away the only "specialty" from him would be too cruel.

The actor of J (in human form) was also red ranger in super sentai...the dinosaur one (the first one exported to US)
Old 2020-11-08, 18:08   Link #3353
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2020-11-09, 02:35   Link #3354
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Damn, episode 9 choreography is superb.

Spoiler for :

Old 2020-11-15, 10:29   Link #3355
justavisitor

Big, but expected twist happens in this episode.

it's not bad, but overall there are a couple silly things if you think about it

the power level is totally determined by the bgm...XD Calibur was winning, losing, and winning based on plot (and bgm)

Calibur didn't even intend to use those books that he stole from the riders, yet he decided to bring them along so they could be rightfully returned back to their owners

King Aruthur, the highly searched power a couple episodes ago, is on the verge of being ignored like an old toy (tho, they are indeed toys XD)
Old 2020-11-15, 13:50   Link #3356
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
King Arthur, the highly searched power a couple episodes ago, is on the verge of being ignored like an old toy (tho, they are indeed toys XD)
Basically what Japanese audiences complaint about. LOL.
Saber is a potential series with what it offered, but the toys promotion is brutal.

That aside, to be fair, the mysterious figure said King Arthur book is first stage of the great power; thus I wonder if there will be Arthur combo but how it used doesn't imply otherwise. Reason why Calibur totally gave up about it is probably because the next stage of power will be exclusive to whoever obtain King Arthur book. So even if its not actively used, probably will be used for a Wonder Combo later.

Calibur himself probably play the sixth ranger role.
Remember that he said Touma didn't deserve Kaenken Rekka while the sword itself still acknowledges him. Brainwashed? Two personalities?
Kinda funny how name of current wielder is (Kamiyama) Touma, while name of previous wielder is Kamijo (Daichi). Combined, their name became Kamijo Touma, who is To Aru Majutsu no Index protagonist. LOL.

How three Riders stand and fight one evil Rider and enemies related to them somehow reminds me of Three Musketeers. As this series draw inspiration from European stories, probably intended. Its amazing how strong Calibur is. It took three Wonder Combo (and one surprise attack; could be one unexpected moment like Crimson Dragon debut too) to de-henshin him.

Last edited by Tactics; 2020-11-15 at 14:03.
Old 2020-11-15, 19:10   Link #3357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm starting to find Kento annoying.
Old 2020-11-16, 05:39   Link #3358
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Big, but expected twist happens in this episode.

it's not bad, but overall there are a couple silly things if you think about it

the power level is totally determined by the bgm...XD Calibur was winning, losing, and winning based on plot (and bgm)

Calibur didn't even intend to use those books that he stole from the riders, yet he decided to bring them along so they could be rightfully returned back to their owners

King Aruthur, the highly searched power a couple episodes ago, is on the verge of being ignored like an old toy (tho, they are indeed toys XD)
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Calibur's power up coming from the other riders or to be specific Calibur fighting them? The power up came from the book with the hand writing it after being completed.
Old 2020-11-16, 11:00   Link #3359
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I'm starting to find Kento annoying.
They definitely made him less likable with this; at least the reason will be justified as Daichi being Calibur means its not matter of his father became evil anymore, his father MIA and Daichi is person responsible to it given this show use master-student relationship as official method to became seiken wielder.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Calibur's power up coming from the other riders or to be specific Calibur fighting them? The power up came from the book with the hand writing it after being completed.
Yeah, the hand that wrote Jaou Dragon stop writing right before Storious blew them; it made like how Evolt recharge Black Hole Trigger.

Old 2020-11-16, 13:28   Link #3360
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Basically what Japanese audiences complaint about. LOL.
Saber is a potential series with what it offered, but the toys promotion is brutal.
Great minds think alike, I guess

Quote:
Calibur needs those books for the new tool (toy) but he wasn't using them in battle. Can Calibur leave those books at home instead? (Tho, if I were him, I wouldn't have trusted my evil partner either )

Those books were not even seen hanging around in any part of Calibur, just one slash from saber, boom, and the books just came out of nowhere, and they happened to be just the ones that our heroes needed Typical rider's plot device, but doesn't mean I get used to it.

"Why do you take my father's sword?""

"Because your friend takes my sword"-->pointing at Saber

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu