AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-08-12, 06:28   Link #201
saucerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
They're putting some restraint on Georg's Longinus along with Leornado's due to how powerful and dangerous their longinus can be. The Three Factions (especially the Devil's side) also didn't want another monster Riot or something similar to it to happen again. And Georg and Leornado only rejoin Cao Cao in DX. 4 as they're in the Realm of the dead so it's understandable if they'll put some restrictions or banned Georg from using his balance breaker even in the competition. But well see in their match against Surtr if the Three Factions and Sakra already lifted the restrictions on him using his balance breaker completely or not.
i will say it again, i think the restrictions apply to everything but the tournament battles. otherwise this would be straight up cheating since much more powerful and dangerous beings (like sakra himself or vali, issei and fenrir) are fighting whit no restriction whatsoever. on missions and daily life? sure i can believe it, on the tournament whit the people participating there? it would be bullshit and straight up unfair for them to be limited in any way shape or form
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-12, 20:47   Link #202
Itsmepatrick

At least these guys joined DxD Team and Sakra is a God while Georg is a terrorist and he even became with the Realm of the Dead(mostly it's due to Hades) who the Three Factions have some distrust with .Cao Cao became Sakra's Vanguard and assist unlike Georg who's in the Realm of the Dead. But they should've completely lifted the ban or restrictions on Georg. Well we can confirmed it on DX. 6 as I think Surtr and Cao Cao should be one of the matches that will be featured in that volume.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 23:27   Link #203
B214

The tournament is like a war but in a controlled format.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 19:45   Link #204
Itsmepatrick

Due to the simple rules in the Main Tournament individual strength will play a large role than tactics so how I wonder how will Diehauser bridgr the gap in strength between their teams .
Old 2020-08-22, 11:17   Link #205
Sekiryuu12
God Member

He won't. If he does, it's bullshit, or maybe he'll recruit Mahabali.

Last edited by Sekiryuu12; 2020-08-22 at 12:39.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 15:35   Link #206
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Due to the simple rules in the Main Tournament individual strength will play a large role than tactics so how I wonder how will Diehauser bridgr the gap in strength between their teams .
The stupidity of the plot can make everything possible, for some reasons issei will use only CxC.

On the other hand we have seen Balberith pass to defeat easily Mahabali and co to being defeated from Sairsorg for bullshits as for verrine.

Nothing is impossible for the nerf
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 17:08   Link #207
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
The stupidity of the plot can make everything possible, for some reasons issei will use only CxC.

On the other hand we have seen Balberith pass to defeat easily Mahabali and co to being defeated from Sairsorg for bullshits as for verrine.

Nothing is impossible for the nerf
Well he'll just nerf DxD again like he's been doing since Shin Volume 1.

Ishibumi kind of wrote himself into a hole with Issei's opponents as no one can really face him since he's Top 10 but Ishibumi keeps nerfing him despite there being no reason for it at this point.

Shin Volume 4 was quite ridiculous. But all the Shin volumes have at this point.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 17:38   Link #208
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well he'll just nerf DxD again like he's been doing since Shin Volume 1.

Ishibumi kind of wrote himself into a hole with Issei's opponents as no one can really face him since he's Top 10 but Ishibumi keeps nerfing him despite there being no reason for it at this point.

Shin Volume 4 was quite ridiculous. But all the Shin volumes have at this point.
I agree perfectly, all suddenly those Gods that technically can not may face Issei for the stupid reason he’s top 10 and between him and those under that position there is a big difference. But for other characters it’s impossible, I remember Typhon’s introduction in which was established god class beings not skilled were not even a match for him.

But contrary, when issei faced opponents stronger than him, but not even too much for him was impossible even fight with them, I want to put in mention the match with Belial at Agreas, ultimate class with maou class, there is a big difference, but certainly not as big as with a top 10 and god not fighters or else.

However the nerf of issei happens even before the beginning of Shin, in a way inferior, for exemple never using penetrate during the various matches because it’s too powerful or discredit him at the beginning of the tournament

Honestly I have a little hope on the new enemies, hoping the stupidity of the plot will not block Regalzeva and co, at this point, speaking as a true fan of DxD I’m disappointed always more reading the newest volumes. Fortunately slash dog has not this problems.
Old 2020-08-22, 23:26   Link #209
Lucidrago

Quote:
I agree perfectly, all suddenly those Gods that technically can not may face Issei for the stupid reason he’s top 10 and between him and those under that position there is a big difference. But for other characters it’s impossible, I remember Typhon’s introduction in which was established god class beings not skilled were not even a match for him.

But contrary, when issei faced opponents stronger than him, but not even too much for him was impossible even fight with them, I want to put in mention the match with Belial at Agreas, ultimate class with maou class, there is a big difference, but certainly not as big as with a top 10 and god not fighters or else.

However the nerf of issei happens even before the beginning of Shin, in a way inferior, for exemple never using penetrate during the various matches because it’s too powerful or discredit him at the beginning of the tournament

Honestly I have a little hope on the new enemies, hoping the stupidity of the plot will not block Regalzeva and co, at this point, speaking as a true fan of DxD I’m disappointed always more reading the newest volumes. Fortunately slash dog has not this problems.
There were only like three major matches he had before Shin. And I don't think he needed to use Penetrate against Barakiel or Dulio. Seems like a very weak example as it's not as powerful as you think. But I'm a bit biased as I didn't like the way Penetrate was introduced(although it became useful in later volumes unlike Hauteclere).

The nerf with Issei being able to use Pseudo DxD for 10 seconds was kind of understandable. But after drinking the Amrita, Issei shouldn't be in prolonged fights with anyone that isn't Top 10 level in my view. But Ishibumi justifies it with 'But they're G-O-D-S.' But Issei managed to overwhelm Vidar to the point where he needed the Midgardsomir armor and yet can't defeat Nyx because of some special clothes? Or not being able to defeat Rias because he couldn't use Dress Break.

Although one of Issei's worst nerfs in my view came in Volume 19 when Issei punched Strada once and Strada blocked Issei's fist with his sword and Issei just gave up. I know the whole poibt was to show off Strada but to think that Issei can't take Strada on when Gasper, Xenovia, and Arthur could seems kind of ridiculous to me.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 00:14   Link #210
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
In his fight with Diehauser in Agares Issei losing is somewhat understandable as that time his Cardinal Crimson Promotion is still Ultimate class in terms of power(it only got increased to Satan class in volume 22 ) while Diehauser is Satan class with a terrifying control of his [Worthless] ability to the point that he can even use it in system like eating game retiring system. There's still many weaknesses in his Cardinal Crimson Promotion form at that as he only started his training with Sun Wukong in volume 17 .Issei even commented at that time that Diehauser will be still be able to stand up even if he got hit by Longinus Smasher .
Old 2020-08-24, 00:14   Link #211
saucerKing

Quote:
Although one of Issei's worst nerfs in my view came in Volume 19 when Issei punched Strada once and Strada blocked Issei's fist with his sword and Issei just gave up. I know the whole poibt was to show off Strada but to think that Issei can't take Strada on when Gasper, Xenovia, and Arthur could seems kind of ridiculous to me.
i mean, issei technically cant take on strada at all at that point? he is as physically strong as sairaorg whit armor, has a replica of durandal he uses leagues better than xenovia, is much faster than he, has actual technique and does holy damage, lots of it. issei was frankly inferior in raw power which is most the time his saving quality and was completely surpassed in everything to a big degree aside of stamina. xenovia taking on him was bullshit, true, but the other two not. arthur is the only one shown to actually match him in swordsmanship and gasper frankly should've stomped him

really, gasper got the nerf harder than anyone, especially that volume. just stop the geezer time and gang on him whit a bunch of monster, or use his darkness, really gasper for all the hype he got on his first time he became pitifully weak after it. he went from DIO + lovecraftian god to a winged gorilla. guy does not even stop time anymore even
Old 2020-08-24, 05:23   Link #212
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
There were only like three major matches he had before Shin. And I don't think he needed to use Penetrate against Barakiel or Dulio. Seems like a very weak example as it's not as powerful as you think. But I'm a bit biased as I didn't like the way Penetrate was introduced(although it became useful in later volumes unlike Hauteclere).

The nerf with Issei being able to use Pseudo DxD for 10 seconds was kind of understandable. But after drinking the Amrita, Issei shouldn't be in prolonged fights with anyone that isn't Top 10 level in my view. But Ishibumi justifies it with 'But they're G-O-D-S.' But Issei managed to overwhelm Vidar to the point where he needed the Midgardsomir armor and yet can't defeat Nyx because of some special clothes? Or not being able to defeat Rias because he couldn't use Dress Break.

With Barakiel was not pretty necessary, but however with Dulio could be useful, when he needed to use the partial P DxD to increase his attacks.

“It does not seem as powerful as you think”. Mainly thanks to this ability Ddraig could keep the pass with Crom Cruach. A normal punches does not make much damages to him, but one with penetrate transmits the whole damage to your body. Crom was breathing violently and spouted blood for a punch with it, he who has a crazy resistance to pain and else.

The normal aura bullets could be deflected easily by Crom, but those with penterete damaged him seriously. As for his flames were inferior but with it penetrated though Crom’s flames.

This ability is damned Op and with it Dulio would have lose. However is not relevant this, but how issei never uses it for the plot.

Strada’s power has been always incoherent, a human who has reached the God-class only trough the training. When humans are the weakest race. He with more or less the same quantity of training of Sairaorg reached that level, while Sairaorg only high-class devil, even having touki and physical characteristic superior in base.

Quote:
In his fight with Diehauser in Agares Issei losing is somewhat understandable as that time his Cardinal Crimson Promotion is still Ultimate class in terms of power(it only got increased to Satan class in volume 22 ) while Diehauser is Satan class with a terrifying control of his [Worthless] ability to the point that he can even use it in system like eating game retiring system. There's still many weaknesses in his Cardinal Crimson Promotion form at that as he only started his training with Sun Wukong in volume 17 .Issei even commented at that time that Diehauser will be still be able to stand up even if he got hit by Longinus Smasher .

How is relevant with the point? I’ve read vol20 and I wrote in that’s moment the power level of CxC was on ultimate class.
The weakness mentioned with you are completely irrelevant and never have been a problem during the various fights.

Read better, the point was that when issei faced opponent stronger than him, even with a gap not enormous, considering maou-class with ultimate-class, he can not do nothing because they are too strong. Not even give to them a punch or else or see them. I taked for exemple Belial because during that fight issei was completely defenseless

However, when issei P DxD (top 10) who defeated Vidar (top 10 with BxB) faced opponents a lot inferior respect to Him, they can even keep up for the excuse of being Gods. When they were primordial Gods, not even god of war/battle or chief gods who are far under the level of the monsters of top 10.
Old 2020-08-24, 05:30   Link #213
Itsmepatrick

In some way it's understandable that Ishi will restrict Gasper in that volume as the fight against the Exorcists was not considered a life and death battle I mean imagine if Gasper can use Darkness Power, Beast of Darkness and Time stopping ability will be paired to Issei's Longinus Smasher and it'll cause death even to Strada as Issei said if they used those abilities. But well the most reasonable fight in that volume was the fight between Arthur and Strada while the Strada versus Xenovia was a bs one.

Issei losing to Strada that time was understandable as the power of Cardinal Crimson Promotion at that time was Ultimate class and it only got increased to Satan class in volume 22 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2020-08-24, 05:32   Link #214
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
i mean, issei technically cant take on strada at all at that point? he is as physically strong as sairaorg whit armor, has a replica of durandal he uses leagues better than xenovia, is much faster than he, has actual technique and does holy damage, lots of it. issei was frankly inferior in raw power which is most the time his saving quality and was completely surpassed in everything to a big degree aside of stamina. xenovia taking on him was bullshit, true, but the other two not. arthur is the only one shown to actually match him in swordsmanship and gasper frankly should've stomped him

really, gasper got the nerf harder than anyone, especially that volume. just stop the geezer time and gang on him whit a bunch of monster, or use his darkness, really gasper for all the hype he got on his first time he became pitifully weak after it. he went from DIO + lovecraftian god to a winged gorilla. guy does not even stop time anymore even
Gasper is not just nerfed, the capacity nominated by you was executed from Balor in berserk mode, not by Gasper normally. Remember Gasper still learn to use his Longinus and full power.
As for the fact that at the end of berserk mode he was completely exhausted. The time-stopping works correctly only with opponents weaker than you, so with enemies stronger than you is not so useful.

The problem is only Gasper who can not use that power yet, otherwise he would be already now a Super devil.
Old 2020-08-24, 06:32   Link #215
saucerKing

Quote:
Gasper is not just nerfed, the capacity nominated by you was executed from Balor in berserk mode, not by Gasper normally. Remember Gasper still learn to use his Longinus and full power.
As for the fact that at the end of berserk mode he was completely exhausted. The time-stopping works correctly only with opponents weaker than you, so with enemies stronger than you is not so useful.

The problem is only Gasper who can not use that power yet, otherwise he would be already now a Super devil.
the "balor berserk mode" you say has no increase in power, its just gasper going apeshit angry and getting angry does not give power nor extra control unless you are a dragon. gasper control on his longinus regressed since then, after just a day of training when he first appeared he could sort of stop individual objects, after that he could stop people, now he completely forgot he can stop things at all. like i said, he straight up stopped using his powers for doing anything but transforming into a winged gorilla and punching people.

he does not need to be stronger than strada to royally screw him over whit his power, stop durandal in place, stop his holy waves in place, use his darkness to restrain him or just straight up stop vasco himself. rias could temporarily stop fenrir on balor form and i doubt she really contributed much to their fusion aside of having PoD so most the power was from gasper himself.

fact remains, gasper during the vampire thing was a beast that could cover a town on darkness and make a shit ton of eyes to stop time and even abilities from activating, sure he passed out after that but its not like he did the equivalent of JD, now he only can punch people. also gasper control over his longinus should be at least as god as is during his berserk mode, even if who fought marius was balor that changes little, he is not like issei who talks whit balor or something, gasper is balor. he has split personality but gasper and balor are the same being and he should have some access to his other self skills and experience.

the only reason he fights like he does now is the same issei cant be allowed to be smart most the time, vali never uses reduce or saji uses his power on the most stupid ways. because ishibumi realized his powers were OP and decided to reduce gasper to yet another unga bunga lest he had to write actually competent villains to level things
Old 2020-08-24, 08:50   Link #216
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
the "balor berserk mode" you say has no increase in power, its just gasper going apeshit angry and getting angry does not give power nor extra control unless you are a dragon. gasper control on his longinus regressed since then, after just a day of training when he first appeared he could sort of stop individual objects, after that he could stop people, now he completely forgot he can stop things at all. like i said, he straight up stopped using his powers for doing anything but transforming into a winged gorilla and punching people.

he does not need to be stronger than strada to royally screw him over whit his power, stop durandal in place, stop his holy waves in place, use his darkness to restrain him or just straight up stop vasco himself. rias could temporarily stop fenrir on balor form and i doubt she really contributed much to their fusion aside of having PoD so most the power was from gasper himself.

fact remains, gasper during the vampire thing was a beast that could cover a town on darkness and make a shit ton of eyes to stop time and even abilities from activating, sure he passed out after that but its not like he did the equivalent of JD, now he only can punch people. also gasper control over his longinus should be at least as god as is during his berserk mode, even if who fought marius was balor that changes little, he is not like issei who talks whit balor or something, gasper is balor. he has split personality but gasper and balor are the same being and he should have some access to his other self skills and experience.

the only reason he fights like he does now is the same issei cant be allowed to be smart most the time, vali never uses reduce or saji uses his power on the most stupid ways. because ishibumi realized his powers were OP and decided to reduce gasper to yet another unga bunga lest he had to write actually competent villains to level things
But was not Gasper to use those abilities, but Balor, the evil god inside the Longinus who certainly know how to use it. The only time of which that power has been showed was merit of Balor, not Gasper. Furthermore there were consequences to Gasper.
There are not proves to say Gasper shares with Balor the knowledges.

They are the same person, but are two different personality where only one can take control of the body completely.
About Vasco I do not want to speak because I hate him as character completely for various reasons.

The time stop of Gasper Super devil can not even work on the new maous and every god class beings. It would not so useful being only ultimate-class devil with opponents stronger than him.

If you do not like this nerf, so you will hate Shin 5 and even the previous volumes
Old 2020-08-24, 22:27   Link #217
saucerKing

Quote:
But was not Gasper to use those abilities, but Balor, the evil god inside the Longinus who certainly know how to use it. The only time of which that power has been showed was merit of Balor, not Gasper. Furthermore there were consequences to Gasper.
There are not proves to say Gasper shares with Balor the knowledges.

They are the same person, but are two different personality where only one can take control of the body completely.
About Vasco I do not want to speak because I hate him as character completely for various reasons.

The time stop of Gasper Super devil can not even work on the new maous and every god class beings. It would not so useful being only ultimate-class devil with opponents stronger than him.

If you do not like this nerf, so you will hate Shin 5 and even the previous volumes
gasper control of his longinus literally regressed, by the time whit the battle whit sairaorg he has a decent control of it and can time-stop specific people without screwing over teammates, current gasper cant even use time-stop. even if he has not balor help he should still be able to use his regular time-stop, or should have learned to use it even better. hell, rias used his powers better on her first time using balor princess than gasper ever did aside of his rampage whit marius. gasper should be at the very least on the level he was back when he drank issei blood on volume 4 where he could use shadows and stop time, now gasper forgets he can do anything aside of punching people

balor outright says he is gasper but also not gasper, if anything he should at least now have balor lending a hand to use his powers yet he literally always forgets how to use his powers.

its not only vasco, he failed to catch walburga, nakiri was keeping up whit him. gasper has been jobbing non-stop worse than issei since balor awakened.

again, rias when fused froze fenrir, sure it was only at 80% and he did got free pretty quickly but he is also massively above someone on maou-class. whatever rias fusion can do (aside of PoD) gasper should be able to do on nearly the same level since its likely most the power comes from him, and if rias can use his abilities so well on her first battle gasper should be able to even better.

if ishibumi keeps making everyone job like he has been doing lately? probably. shin 4 is IMO the most non-sensical volume so far. hades did not even bring samael whit him, they only used alphecca tyrant to remove issei lust instead of just straight up controlling him, the fake albion and ddraig were a massive letdown, vali jobbed against ExE, great red got the worf effect and true DxD awakening made literally 0 sense. the only good thing that came out of it was hades badass moment that even if kind of silly was badass, unlike most of the other events that were not stupid cool, they were just stupid
Old 2020-08-25, 11:30   Link #218
godz

because they are surprised, we are in dxd where the blood of lucifer (a simple maou) is competing even with the body of great red and the power of ophis.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 11:53   Link #219
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
because they are surprised, we are in dxd where the blood of lucifer (a simple maou) is competing even with the body of great red and the power of ophis.
Becuase Issei uses an irrilevant part of that power? Furthemore for this logic may say the same with Sirzechs who has a normal bloodline of two high class devils but is one of of the strongest character of DxD only with the excuse of mutation or Balberith?
Old 2020-08-25, 14:02   Link #220
godz

Quote:
Becuase Issei uses an irrilevant part of that power? Furthemore for this logic may say the same with Sirzechs who has a normal bloodline of two high class devils but is one of of the strongest character of DxD only with the excuse of mutation or Balberith?
the mutation is an exception to the rule, do you really want to give logic to the exceptions to the rule? and baalberith was influenced by the energy of hades (top 10) + the investigations left by lucifer to create a superdemon + lilith...As seen in dxd, the blood of the original maou is more powerful than the blood of a cadre ... I mean without counting longinus, the potential of ingvild and vali is much higher than that of akeno (direct daughter of baraquiel and a woman of a powerful Japanese clan)

And what I was referring to, if you have not noticed every time that issei better controls his powers from great red or ophis, vali manages to equalize it thanks to the properties of lucifer's blood ... vali even discovered a faster way e effective to summon albion.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote