AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-07-22, 18:43   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Echidna is a really fun character. I wonder if we'll get to meet the other witches as well (obviously the girls showing up right after her in the OP), or if she's the only one who had a back-up plan in case she was killed.

Subaru has inherited Betelgeuse's witch factor, which makes me wonder if he can use his unseen hands now? That would certainly be helpful, because as far as I recall the only thing he can do is fart a lot of black smoke.

I'm a bit confused about the current situation. Aren't the beast people Roswaal's vassals as well, and isn't he powerful enough to fuck them all up if they rebel (which is exactly what's happening)? Frederica acted according to Roswaal's instructions too, so it feels like he's merely pretending to be helpless so Emilia is forced to go through the trial. Interesting that his family is connected to Echidna. He's always been a mysterious character, hopefully we'll find out more about his motives in this arc.

Finally getting a look at Subaru's former life. I haven't seen a dad wake his son up like that since Bleach.
Old 2020-07-22, 18:50   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Mmhm, you get the sense rather than outright evil or good they capacious people who might a have twisted common sense may wouldn't understand.
That would explain a lot about Satella .
Quote:
There no guarantee anything she says would help or much reason to believe whats she says is true. Plus she had him drink her body fluids without warning. He was also currently in predicament where he doesn't know what is happening to Emilia, Otto & Patrasche. Subaru values the safety of his friends before his own personal needs. Its good thing that's his ideology considering what was going on outside.
I mean, I get it, and I don't blame him, but I'm sure there is going to come up a moment where he would've probably been better prepared had he known the backstory ahead of time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Subaru has inherited Betelgeuse's witch factor, which makes me wonder if he can use his unseen hands now? That would certainly be helpful, because as far as I recall the only thing he can do is fart a lot of black smoke.
I wonder if the plot is going to focus on Subaru collecting each of the separate Witch factors into himself after they defeat the other Archbishops. I'm not sure if one body could take all that power .
Quote:
Finally getting a look at Subaru's former life. I haven't seen a dad wake his son up like that since Bleach.
At least Isshin had a decency to wear a shirt. Then again, he didn't have Subaru's dad's bod .
Old 2020-07-22, 21:21   Link #63
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hearing Echidna describe the other Witches, it sounded like most of them actually tried to benefit the world in some regard, albeit likely in a "we're above humanity so we can just do these impossible things we want to do" kind of way. I always kind of assumed they were this cabal of evil, but it sounds more complicated than that. The only exception seems to be Sloth, who wanted to sleep, Echidna who was greedy for knowledge at any cost, and Satella who killed them all .
Reminds me of the Beasts from Fate, honestly. The whole idea of loving something to such an extreme that it becomes evil.

I feel like Echnida will definitely get a lot of screen time this season, based on how much damned merchandise I saw in Akihabara two weeks ago.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 22:32   Link #64
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm a bit confused about the current situation. Aren't the beast people Roswaal's vassals as well, and isn't he powerful enough to fuck them all up if they rebel (which is exactly what's happening)? Frederica acted according to Roswaal's instructions too, so it feels like he's merely pretending to be helpless so Emilia is forced to go through the trial. Interesting that his family is connected to Echidna. He's always been a mysterious character, hopefully we'll find out more about his motives in this arc.
I mean if he's not doing that then this suggest that Sanctuary is very important to him and not an issue that be solved by brute force. It also might any other goals he has too. Now that Emilia is here there is no point in that anyway cause she can't leave until residents demands are met which is now in her interest to forfill.

Quote:
At least Isshin had a decency to wear a shirt. Then again, he didn't have Subaru's dad's bod .
Subaru's dad is riot, I can't wait for the next episode! Its refreshing for an isekai acknowledge protagonist previous life in such a substantial way.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 03:59   Link #65
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I loved the chat with Equidna, and how Subaru was more worried aboutgetting back to Emilia than obtaining some apparently very useful information

Seems like the witches weren't exactly "evil" per se, just...well-intentioned extremists?

I also found curious how Subaru forgot about his encounter with Equidna, sure, she made a vow with him that he can't speak of it, but I was expecting something similar to when he tries to talk about his Return by Death (though, on a smaller scale).

I assume Subaru will either remember about Echidna when this Sanctuary business is over...or he'll die and meet Echidna enough times that he'll just remember her

As for Subaru's past...I am very interested about it. Considering his personality, he might have some quirky parents
[EDIT:] Also, those posters of Absolute Duo and Asterik War, further solidifying Subaru's fascination for silver-haired heroines

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2020-07-23 at 04:17.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 10:45   Link #66
Frontier

I'm kind of curious if Echidna will randomly spirit away Subaru to talk like Satella "visits" him when he dies.
Old 2020-07-23, 20:07   Link #67
Zufiria

Does anyone else feel like there was a substantial amount of information about Sanctuary and the people there cut that was in the LN? I haven't read it yet, but there was just something off about the pacing that felt like they needed to leave out.

But yeah other than that, Echidna. She's fun, I really hope Subaru takes her up on that exposition tea party in the future when Emilia is fine.
Zufiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-24, 02:57   Link #68
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zufiria View Post
Does anyone else feel like there was a substantial amount of information about Sanctuary and the people there cut that was in the LN? I haven't read it yet, but there was just something off about the pacing that felt like they needed to leave out.

But yeah other than that, Echidna. She's fun, I really hope Subaru takes her up on that exposition tea party in the future when Emilia is fine.

Yes, although its not that much. They removed a character that was supposed to be introduced here so that episode would end on the first trial from Dona. She will mostly likely appear in ep 5 & have some of her scenes adapted there, beyond that is some stuff mentioned about Frederica that may or may not come up again.
Old 2020-07-24, 09:43   Link #69
moridin84
Custom User Title

So Echidna was like "I'll tell you everything you want to know" but before he leaves she wipes his memory of even being there. Isn't she just a massive troll?

Emila dies in less than 30 seconds. She really should feel bad for being useless.

I wonder how you can "die" to your past anyway.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-24, 13:51   Link #70
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So Echidna was like "I'll tell you everything you want to know" but before he leaves she wipes his memory of even being there. Isn't she just a massive troll?

Emila dies in less than 30 seconds. She really should feel bad for being useless.

I wonder how you can "die" to your past anyway.
i don't think she's dead but her conscience is being spirited away in her past and her body just lumped during that ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-25, 00:08   Link #71
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
i don't think she's dead but her conscience is being spirited away in her past and her body just lumped during that ?
Garfield said that the light should stay on while the trial is in progress.

The fact that the light went off means she failed the trial, right?
Old 2020-07-25, 04:34   Link #72
Applehell

But nothing suggest failing the trial is lethal.
Old 2020-07-25, 06:40   Link #73
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Oh true.

I kind of just assumed considering the type of story this is.
Old 2020-07-25, 17:47   Link #74
scififan

I was not planning to watch this anime until the season is over.

Then, I came across Youtube comments. Some apparently new anime viewers had some conversation. Apparently, they like the character voice. They were discussing who is Maya Sakamoto. My reaction was, "gees! I feel old!". She is the singer of many many anime opening and ending, yet only I can name her work. Again, singing is her primary profession, not voice acting. So, it makes sense these new anime viewers do not recognize her.

The new anime viewers also commented that the tea party is overhyped by many people. After watching the anime, I understand what they were talking. The witch of greed is the type who believes mean justifies end, event it is malicious. Subaru encountered the witch of greed for the first time, even it is in his dream. Her presence makes him uneasy due to an unknown force. After she invites him to drink her homemade tea, he is able to have a normal conversation. Then, she tells him that he was drinking her body fluid(nectar?). She must be joking because she is only a spirit; she was killed 400 years ago. But she still insists as an "evil witch", her power helps him, she notices that he absorbs Sloth's power. Even Subaru is a crazy guy, he thinks she is too crazy for him. He returns to awake to find unconscious Emilia. It appears Emilia was knocked out due to remanence of the witch. They found themselves trapped in the forest. Then, they participate the trial (dungeon and dragon?).

Last edited by scififan; 2020-07-25 at 18:06.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-25, 20:50   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah, I kind of just assumed Emilia was in a coma more than she was dead. She might also just be trapped in whatever past the trial forces you into.
Old 2020-07-26, 05:23   Link #76
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Yeah, I kind of just assumed Emilia was in a coma more than she was dead. She might also just be trapped in whatever past the trial forces you into.
Not sure what kind of past Emilia has to face though.
Unless she's reliving the events from Frozen Bonds? ...or perhaps, what happened before that?
Old 2020-07-26, 09:57   Link #77
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Is Roswaal's mansion somehow related to Echidna stronger than we think before?
I won't be surprised if Roswaall or Beatrice is the archbishop of Greed
I hope Emilia could stand up on her own more in this season
She fainted too many times
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 10:02   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Is Roswaal's mansion somehow related to Echidna stronger than we think before?
I won't be surprised if Roswaall or Beatrice is the archbishop of Greed
I hope Emilia could stand up on her own more in this season
She fainted too many times
We met the Archbishop of Greed. He was the white-haired guy who attacked Rem and company.
Old 2020-07-26, 11:40   Link #79
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
We met the Archbishop of Greed. He was the white-haired guy who attacked Rem and company.
oh you're right...
Envy probably then..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 11:49   Link #80
Applehell

There is no Envy either.