AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-10, 13:36   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
and add online versus.
I've always loved the thought of an online mode for this game, and would seriously love to see it happen one day. Would be great going one on one against everyone here who's played the game.

& yeah, i class Valkyria Chronicles has one of my favorite games of all time. It's just such a great gaming experience, and one that doesn't seem to end for me, even though i completed it months ago.
Old 2009-05-10, 14:58   Link #322
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I never had problems with Snipers frequently missing unless the enemy at which I was shooting had high evade. Even earlier in the game before I had Marina with Ultimate Accuracy and Catherine with her accuracy boost I rarely missed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 18:15   Link #323
Solecs

I always had at least one sniper deployed regardless of what map I was playing. Even if it was just for one enemy unit that happened to be standing out somewhere I felt it was worth it, but that's just me. It never really got in the way either, since most maps you can get through just using 3-4 units like Alicia and Rosie plus an anti-tank if you needed one.

Also, I want to point out that flamethrowers are ridiculously awesome. I was playing one of the expert skirmishes and mowed down 4-5 imperials from behind with one. Saved a lot of time .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 21:15   Link #324
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I love the flamethrowers for taking out the hidden enemies in Rosie's purchasable mission. So worth it. Actually in that map Catherine was phenomenal for me. Her Ammo Reload potential allowed me to eliminate a large contingent of Imps without having to move her much at all. Saved me a couple CP and health for some units.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 13:08   Link #325
The_TempesT

Add-ons

Hey, I hope this hasn't been answered already, but has anybody downloaded any of the addon packs for Edy and Silvannas and the hard EX mode? Was just curious if they were any good (no spoilers please) and how hard the "hard" actually is.

Thanks.
The_TempesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 13:20   Link #326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_TempesT View Post
Hey, I hope this hasn't been answered already, but has anybody downloaded any of the addon packs for Edy and Silvannas and the hard EX mode? Was just curious if they were any good (no spoilers please) and how hard the "hard" actually is.

Thanks.
We've been talking about the DLC's for two/three pages now. Just go back and check our comments from the last few pages.
Old 2009-05-11, 13:22   Link #327
The_TempesT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We've been talking about the DLC's for two/three pages now. Just go back and check our comments from the last few pages.
Okay thanks, sorry bout that!
The_TempesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 06:45   Link #328
jwai

Just bought the game, and currently waiting on the PS3 to arrive.

Any good playing tips to start off?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 09:11   Link #329
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Yes...

tip: Scouts are overpowered, well Alicia that is. Scout + Orders will make life easier for you.

Basically orders + anyone is overpowered. level engineers to 3 first to get that OP skill called "Defense boost".

Edit: Oh yeah be sure to buy everything Ellet shows you. You'll unlock a hidden newspaper article that will unlock a beach episode .
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:39   Link #330
kalbron

Tips:

- Don't worry about spending money, it grows on trees so you'll always have enough.

- For the first few levels your accuracy sucks, but your defence is decent and the enemy's damage appaling. Take advantage of it via close range headshots.

- Scouts are very powerful for most of the game, simply due to their accuracy and speed. Hard skirmishes and Hard EX is another matter entirely however...

- Snipers seem good at first but tend to suck until you've got better weapons and more levels on them. Unless you enjoy reloading to get that headshot.

- Ditto for lancers - best to use the Edelweiss + Engineer combo until the Damage Boost Order or Ultimate Anti-Tank potentials become available.

- If you're struggling early on, once you get Skirmish 2, spend some time beating it in order to level up your troops.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:47   Link #331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For those who have played Hard and Hard EX, how do max level characters fare?
Old 2009-05-12, 21:52   Link #332
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
For those who have played Hard and Hard EX, how do max level characters fare?
Lets just say that if you decide to go head to head... you are bound to lose.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:58   Link #333
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Lets just say that if you decide to go head to head... you are bound to lose.

- Tak
Reminds me of Warriors Orochi 1. So, it's that type of hard, huh? (Massive, massive damage on you, while they have very good HP and armour.)
Old 2009-05-12, 22:02   Link #334
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Reminds me of Warriors Orochi 1. So, it's that type of hard, huh? (Massive, massive damage on you, while they have very good HP and armour.)
Well, not only that, but they have a tremendous advantage in numbers.

Some missions will literally have you surrounded.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:07   Link #335
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, at least it gives you something to look forward to when you grind.
Old 2009-05-13, 01:49   Link #336
kalbron

Basically Hard isn't so bad. Its just that the enemy's weapons ALL have stat reduction bonuses and they're somewhat damaging.

Hard Ex results in being raped by anything. Even shocktroopers and lancers (resistant to gun fire and highest defence respectively) have severe issues in dealing with crossfire (enemies shooting at you while you're moving). Not to mention the bloody "I-can-shoot-my-mortar-shell-and-rear-gatling-turret-across-the-map" Medium Tank + *grumble mutter whine*.
Old 2009-05-13, 01:59   Link #337
Solecs

Also Hard EX you don't get your tank, and hence can't use orders, and yeah the Alicia Rush™ doesn't work so well. The Hard EX modes generally have different objectives too. It's usually either kill everything or get Welkin to a specific spot on the map.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 03:38   Link #338
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've completed a few missions on Hard EX, though that's thanks to a lot of planning out. Not having the Edelweiss does change a lot of in terms of battle set up, though i'm glad it's gone for this mode --- it's a lot more tricky, especially seeing as it's game over when Welkin dies.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:45   Link #339
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Seems like the difference between Hard and Hard Ex is like Hard and Chaos: manageable vs. Nintendo Hard.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:52   Link #340
kalbron

Surprisingly I wouldn't term it as Nintendo Hard. It IS Nintendo Hard if you're going for an A rank on your first go, but otherwise most levels are surprisingly surviveable if you just plan ahead and use all the skills you've learnt from the game thus far.

Except for Hard Ex Upper Fouzen. That's just pure Nintendo Hard even if I have beaten it with an A.