AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 13:56   Link #6921
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
Haha, I hope when they're done they take a nice long deserved break
Heh, yeah… that too! They do deserve a break.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:28   Link #6922
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch-hunt.com
October 12, 2011
Episode 8 Download Version released
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the webpage was updated... but I guess any news is good news......

keep on truckin', witch hunt
DoktorFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 20:33   Link #6923
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorFunk View Post
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the webpage was updated... but I guess any news is good news......
Your post itself made my heart skip a beat.

I'm glad there's the download version though, now my friend can play Chiru. Thanks Witch-Hunt!

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-10-12 at 22:27.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 01:16   Link #6924
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:

That was exactly my reaction upon seeing it as well. But the translation progress was at only 65% after all... The wait is killing me!

Wasn't Witch Hunt planning on translating Tsubasa as well? I'm also hoping for another update to EP1-4, mainly for the new epitaph translation. It's really cool how Witch Hunt has been devoted to this project for so long.

Of course I'd hope them to translate Rewrite as well, I might even join that project if they let me in. But take your time, Witch Hunt!
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 03:22   Link #6925
guro
I like ice cream.

Update, cool! Though I was thinking it would be around 75%. But still good news! Keep trucking along.
guro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 13:25   Link #6926
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:

It's been available for a while now, but Witch Hunt hadn't gotten round to updating their site. Still, at least more people can enjoy episodes 5 to 7.5 now.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:39   Link #6927
aiman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
That was exactly my reaction upon seeing it as well. But the translation progress was at only 65% after all... The wait is killing me!

Wasn't Witch Hunt planning on translating Tsubasa as well? I'm also hoping for another update to EP1-4, mainly for the new epitaph translation. It's really cool how Witch Hunt has been devoted to this project for so long.

Of course I'd hope them to translate Rewrite as well, I might even join that project if they let me in. But take your time, Witch Hunt!
if you're able to translate, and you're not doing it already...

ronove needs more translators for higanbana, so why not try that?
aiman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:43   Link #6928
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiman24 View Post
if you're able to translate, and you're not doing it already...

ronove needs more translators for higanbana, so why not try that?
I'm not that good at it, though I think I can pretty much handle the sentence structure and look up kanji from dictionaries. I haven't fully read Higanbana yet, as it takes so much time, and I kind of gave up after you guys started translating it. But if you want, I could see what I can do. Helping translating a Ryukishi07-story might be nice, and it could serve to improve my Japanese on the go. I have a holiday now and will be traveling in the middle of the week, but I could help for this weekend and then starting from the next weekend.

I used 'you' assuming you're one of Ronove's team, I apologize if that isn't so.
Old 2011-10-14, 15:56   Link #6929
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
I'm not that good at it, though I think I can pretty much handle the sentence structure and look up kanji from dictionaries. I haven't fully read Higanbana yet, as it takes so much time, and I kind of gave up after you guys started translating it. But if you want, I could see what I can do. Helping translating a Ryukishi07-story might be nice, and it could serve to improve my Japanese on the go. I have a holiday now and will be traveling in the middle of the week, but I could help for this weekend and then starting from the next weekend.

I used 'you' assuming you're one of Ronove's team, I apologize if that isn't so.
Oh, there's no pressure. But if you feel you can help out, we very much appreciate it. Just let one of us on the team know and we'll see if we need any help.
Old 2011-10-14, 16:28   Link #6930
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Alternately, I had a project to translate Higurashi Kizuna, which stopped when the translator had to drop out. Let me know if you think you're up to working on that.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:48   Link #6931
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Alternately, I had a project to translate Higurashi Kizuna, which stopped when the translator had to drop out. Let me know if you think you're up to working on that.
Isn't that a DS game? How can you patch that?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:16   Link #6932
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
By altering the ROM.
Old 2011-10-14, 17:35   Link #6933
Madman6510
Child of Man

Is it possible to create a patch that takes an existing ROM file and makes the required changes to it? Or would they have to distribute the whole thing to get the patch out? I know that was the problem with the PS3 Umineko, they basically had to hand out a pirated version for the patch to work.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:42   Link #6934
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yea, they'd essentially have to pirate the game.
Old 2011-10-14, 18:16   Link #6935
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I suppose it can vary from game to game, depending how it was developed. If there is one particular file within the ROM, then maybe a program could be distributed to modify that file. I'm not sure…
Old 2011-10-14, 22:07   Link #6936
guro
I like ice cream.

Okay there seems to be a few Japanese speakers in here so I hope it's okay if I ask this question.

I can play the VN Happiness! fine in Japanese I don't need to look up kanji or anything, I can completely understand it. But from what I have heard, that is one of the easier VN's to read. How does R07's VN's compare to that? I heard they are harder so I never actually bothered to try any in Japanese. If someone could let me know if I'm mistaken please do.
guro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:49   Link #6937
aiman24

Quote:

that's ok... yeah, i'm not part of the team.. but i really want the their project to go over fast and good.

if you're interested you should definitely contact them, ronove posted that recently a translator left the team... so they probably can or want to get more help.

i think Yirba is part of that team.
aiman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 02:40   Link #6938
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiman24 View Post
that's ok... yeah, i'm not part of the team.. but i really want the their project to go over fast and good.

if you're interested you should definitely contact them, ronove posted that recently a translator left the team... so they probably can or want to get more help.

i think Yirba is part of that team.
I guess I'm up for the volunteer work! I also want to read Higanbana so I understand it at a reasonable pace soon myself. Would be nice to get the work done before the Second Night comes around. I'll notify the translation team via the e-mail they provided.
Old 2011-10-15, 04:44   Link #6939
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guro View Post
Okay there seems to be a few Japanese speakers in here so I hope it's okay if I ask this question.

I can play the VN Happiness! fine in Japanese I don't need to look up kanji or anything, I can completely understand it. But from what I have heard, that is one of the easier VN's to read. How does R07's VN's compare to that? I heard they are harder so I never actually bothered to try any in Japanese. If someone could let me know if I'm mistaken please do.
I can't answer your question unless you tell me your Japanese level
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 18:28   Link #6940
GAtakito

Is there any japanese reader around? Ryu has just got an interview and apparently he did mention something about Umineko Chiru to be animated.

I'll leave the link here, and please, someone can confirm rumors
GAtakito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation