AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 21:08   Link #181
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I mean, I'm all for graphic violence and all (the more the violent the scene the better IMO), but when the story is about romancing a girl with intestines dangling, it's a different story. I like my graphic violent depictions and I like my romance, but not together on the same person. Guro ain't for me, no siree.

Now I remember why I dropped the series in the first place, DESPITE Ranko being so frigging adoreable AND the author paired up childhood friends in his two major works. Such a shame, as his art style has improved leaps and bounds over the years. :shrug:

Interesting contrast though to KoreZom, as that one I can digest as Ayumu heals up his wounds. This one is a bit... errr..... different.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 21:13   Link #182
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I mean, I'm all for graphic violence and all (the more the violent the scene the better IMO), but when the story is about romancing a girl with intestines dangling, it's a different story. I like my graphic violent depictions and I like my romance, but not together on the same person. Guro ain't for me, no siree.

Now I remember why I dropped the series in the first place, DESPITE Ranko being so frigging adoreable AND the author paired up childhood friends in his two major works. Such a shame, as his art style has improved leaps and bounds over the years. :shrug:

Interesting contrast though to KoreZom, as that one I can digest as Ayumu heals up his wounds. This one is a bit... errr..... different.
It won't be happening too often. If they go the same route the manga did for most of them, you'll find those kinds of scenes...oddly amusing, shall I say?

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 00:23   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Combining both halves of your post, it seems saying "zombie fetish" should logically be considered lighter than "necrophilia" for the same reasons you stated. Right?
Don't know. As you might expect, both words are rarely (rather, never) used by otaku on the net, so don't have any data on it. I guess it would (though, if you want to follow lolicon, then zombie complex=zomcon?).
Though from looks, it seems the protagonist is generally considered to have necrophilia, probably because he seems pretty serious about loving a corpse, so it wouldn't matter. I guess if you like that idea, you can say he has that instead, but...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 01:00   Link #184
HandofFate

The pacing of the first episode was kind of weird. And it cut off at a really random spot, and left on a cliff-hanger that wasn't very fun..it just stopped mid-sentence instead of a proper cliff-hanger having you anticipation what's gonna happen next.

The main character's designis weird, why does his hair resemble catears. I know the story starts off with that dead cat...but the MC's hair is ugly.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:23   Link #185
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post

I'll take this if not taken already
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 10:58   Link #186
zyta

Send a message via MSN to zyta
I agree the pacing of the first episode was weird, but i was more distracted by Ranko's eyes. I felt like they were sucking me in. I liked the premise of the show, but i don't know how they will incorporate a necrophilia style romance.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:34   Link #187
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

How do you no pair up romance and guro together. *cough* C3 *cough*
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:56   Link #188
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

My God, that ED... Easily my most favorite ending theme song of this season. I don't think anything can top how beautiful and haunting that chorus is. And yummy visuals on the OP (I'm not crazy about the song, but it's definitely not bad).
Old 2012-04-10, 21:15   Link #189
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
funny fact : Sanka Rea's VA has a role in latest ( unofficial ) super sentai : Akibaranger
Ah, So Akibaranger Hakase Hakase Hakase is being played by Sanka Rea's VA, COOOL.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/ar.../52537720.html
http://sayyoulife.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-289.html
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:25   Link #190
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyta View Post
I agree the pacing of the first episode was weird, but i was more distracted by Ranko's eyes. I felt like they were sucking me in. I liked the premise of the show, but i don't know how they will incorporate a necrophilia style romance.

You could just check out the manga to find out
It's not that far ahead yet so it won't spoil much
Honestly so far, from what I seen anyway, the relationship isn't that weird. It's just like two living person..except one is dead But Rea is much more alive than your normal zombie.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:26   Link #191
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Ah, I can't wait for episode 2. Reached ch. 26 three weeks ago, and watched ep. 1 twice. Need... more... Rea...
Old 2012-04-11, 07:56   Link #192
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
I thought Rea's eyes were supposed to be red?
Old 2012-04-11, 08:51   Link #193
Rungelunge

After the end of the episode I don't know what's happening anymore. I just hope she didn't kill herself in order to satisfy the guy's dream.
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 09:13   Link #194
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
After the end of the episode I don't know what's happening anymore. I just hope she didn't kill herself in order to satisfy the guy's dream.
Should that happen this show will become a candidate for an all time favourite of mine
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:14   Link #195
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I thought Rea's eyes were supposed to be red?
Maybe eye color turns red with zombification.

Red eyes signal something is weird often.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:15   Link #196
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
I doubt it, but if she did off herself just because some random stranger said he likes zombies, then I'm thinking she was probably already too close to rage-quitting to be saved anyway.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:14   Link #197
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Gah, Mero moeness (THAT expression) and Ranko awesomeness (THOSE melons) totally got me here, too bad there's no room for them, after going through the manga version it's 80% Rea's screentime... Guess I can't expect balance given the title. I did like the fact the MC wasn't blushing at every single occasion (cliché my bad), but it doesn't seem it's gonna be the case much longer...
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:38   Link #198
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think a lot of us (me included) have said things that spoil bits of the future plot here. We should be more careful.
Spoiler for ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:12   Link #199
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:20   Link #200
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for episode 2:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies