AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 07:52   Link #321
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

It's funny Yukiteru reminds me a lot of Shinji Ikari. His voice actor made him sound even more so. If you're annoyed by his whininess, it's recommended that you drop the anime. I wasn't too bothered by Yukiteru in the anime, I was bothered by the fact this adaptation omitted certain scenes like how Yuno was going berserk inside the classroom after seeing Yukiteru get betrayed. It was a subtle scene but just as important as other scenes for building characters. As long as they don't go around adding new stuff, I'm going to stick by this anime. I like how they added a little omake at the end.

So far, it's pretty good not superb but entertaining. It's going to get only better if more characters are introduced and Yuno gets more psychotic. I was VERY worried that they casted a new seiyuu as Yuno but I'm already getting used to. I just wish they are little more faithful to the manga then there is no problem.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 08:58   Link #322
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I got that much, but then why would certain entries appear minutes in advance and others, like the one Yuno just received, appear hours in advance? Are these entries so designed to appear with respect to the relevance of their owner?
When someone does something different then predicted by the future diary (basically if another diary owner gains foreknowledge and changes their actions), then the entries change to reflect the new future.

Basically the 9th identified Yukki as the first which caused a big change in her future behavior, thus changing everyone's future.

Then Yukki kept using his diary to change his future, which caused the 9th to change her actions, which changes Yukki's diary again, which causes him to change his actions which causes...

Same as when he faced off with the 3rd, the diaries start changing as the diary holders interact.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 09:43   Link #323
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
When someone does something different then predicted by the future diary (basically if another diary owner gains foreknowledge and changes their actions), then the entries change to reflect the new future.

Basically the 9th identified Yukki as the first which caused a big change in her future behavior, thus changing everyone's future.

Then Yukki kept using his diary to change his future, which caused the 9th to change her actions, which changes Yukki's diary again, which causes him to change his actions which causes...

Same as when he faced off with the 3rd, the diaries start changing as the diary holders interact.
I'm not quite sure how this is relevant to my question. Are you trying to imply that the time frame in which the entries appear is completely at random with the respect to the diary holders' interactions with one another?
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 09:47   Link #324
jcdietz03

The way I see it working:
Entries show what would happen with no information about the future.
When a diary owner acts on information about the future, the entries change.

1) First does something based on his entries. Everyone's entries change (if their diary can "see" the new events).
2) Second looks at the new entry and does something based on the info. Everyone's entries change.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 10:27   Link #325
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
So....can we said Yuno = Yadere Queen?
If your choice of Queen is about the psychotic level, then yes.
If Queen refers to trauma and impact, that person would probably still be number one.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 11:24   Link #326
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
I'm not quite sure how this is relevant to my question. Are you trying to imply that the time frame in which the entries appear is completely at random with the respect to the diary holders' interactions with one another?
It shouldn't be random, or at least that's what I hope.

The question here is if the changes happen at the time the diary holder makes a decision based on the information found in the diary or when the diary holder executes that decision.

There can be a very wide time frame difference depending on this. If the former is true other diary holders can react preemptively to the changes, if the latter is true it will probably be too late to read the diary and see how it changed.

Maybe the truth is more like the diary changes as soon as the diary holder's actions divert from the normal path. However isn't the very action of "looking at a diary that tells you the future" a change to the normal course of events?

I never bothered to analize mirai nikki that deeply, but I wouldn't be surprised if the author simply manipulated these time frames depending on the situation for plot reasons.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:16   Link #327
miketyson

From what I remember it's closer to "the future changes when you change your mind" than to "the future changes when you act differently", because a couple scenarios later on required the diaries to work like that. The manga's never very precise about these kinds of rules and honestly it's not worth analyzing them too heavily.

IMHO most of what makes it good isn't so much the nitty-gritty specifics (either of the rules, or the scenarios, etc.) as the 1st and 2nds interaction and the overall "big-picture scenario". So instead of getting too focused on the details I'd recommend approaching it more like a fairy tale (Hansel and Gretel, or Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.) or some old greek myth than a "modern" work.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:26   Link #328
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
IMHO most of what makes it good isn't so much the nitty-gritty specifics (either of the rules, or the scenarios, etc.) as the 1st and 2nds interaction and the overall "big-picture scenario". So instead of getting too focused on the details I'd recommend approaching it more like a fairy tale (Hansel and Gretel, or Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.) or some old greek myth than a "modern" work.
This.

I think Mirai Nikki is less fun if you focus on the minutiae and try and pick apart every logic hole - just absorb yourself in the overall story and the interactions between the over-the-top characters. It isn't so much a plot as a mood, anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:36   Link #329
klare

just saw eps 1 and already feel this has the most interesting story in this season, so far (Fate Zero still better overall)

if the game can have only 1 winner, i wonder how Yukki and Yuno will end up, and about Yuno, she is really an outstanding char

did not expect the comedy about the Third
Old 2011-10-19, 13:59   Link #330
ookamigirl

Yukkii sure has a big target on his back.
If Yuno hadn't saved him again... & kept saving him he'd be long dead.
Minene sure was a crazy one. Blowing up the whole school, one part at a time.
He's such a crybaby too. It's time for him to accept things and deal with them accordingly.
Teaming up was a good idea.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:37   Link #331
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I love how this anime doesn't hold back at all in the carnage, destruction, and mayhem departments, making it explosively exciting.
To be fair, outside the one shot of the first classroom with the bodies among the rubble, the bombs seemed to have magically missed killing the people in all the other classrooms if this picture is anything to go off of :

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:40   Link #332
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I thought ep 2 was excellent - very well done indeed!

8/10 vote from me.
Old 2011-10-19, 16:07   Link #333
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
To be fair, outside the one shot of the first classroom with the bodies among the rubble, the bombs seemed to have magically missed killing the people in all the other classrooms if this picture is anything to go off of
I'm more surprised by the fact that Yukki and Yuno kept moving after dodging a couple of bombs. What did they expect, the rubble to detonate? Overlooking this, running around and fighting on a freaking minefield was beyond stupid...other than that, all's good
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 19:25   Link #334
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

To answer my own question a page or so back:

Spoiler for Episode 2 timeline:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 19:34   Link #335
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

@Kafriel
Yeah they should have thought about doing that, but in the end it would have proved itself to be a bad idea anyway because Minene would have used the other students to get them, and if they remained in the same place...

Well I'm not sure what would be smarter to do in that situation. As a short time plan staying put in a room that exploded already is a good idea; as a long term plan staying put in a room would be a bad idea because they could easily expect Minene to come up with something.

@ThereminVox
Indeed that "happy end" doesn't mean much. It just means that things at that precise moment are going in the right direction for Yuno, but in that long time span that future can change anytime as long as there are diary holders.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 21:00   Link #336
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
To answer my own question a page or so back:

Spoiler for Episode 2 timeline:
Well I guess Yuno is gonna do whatever it takes to make sure this future is the one that occurs...
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 21:05   Link #337
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
To be fair, outside the one shot of the first classroom with the bodies among the rubble, the bombs seemed to have magically missed killing the people in all the other classrooms if this picture is anything to go off of :

Yeah, there's a touch of inconsistency there that I noticed after reflecting on the episode a bit more. However, it's a slight flub that I'm not going to let bother me much.

Also, I like explosive action, but I'm not a big gore fan. So the sort of action we have in Mirai Nikki so far is more or less exactly what I like.
Old 2011-10-20, 12:21   Link #338
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Spoiler:
You should...you really should...

Also is it wrong that I can't wait for the adaptation of chapters 23-26?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:19   Link #339
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
if the game can have only 1 winner, i wonder how Yukki and Yuno will end up, and about Yuno, she is really an outstanding char
Yes.

That's really the question that will drive the series more and more, as contestants are whittled down. Already you can imagine that almost any solution is bound to be unpleasant in some way.

You know, on the topic of the main character, it's true that he can be a little whiny at first, but realistically speaking, if suddenly a bunch of people, including adults, were out to kill me, when I was 14, I doubt I'd have reacted a whole lot better.

Overall, I thnk he pulls things together pretty fast, considering. Whether it's ethical to use Yuna to survive, I don't know; but it's really hard for me to blame him.

And yeah, give him time to get used to things. In my opinion, a lot of this (or any 26-ep series) is about character growth. Sure, it's awesome when the characters are great to begin with and only get greater. But it's equally awesome when characters surprise with how they grow or why they are the way they are.

I will say, though, that the start to ep 1 really kind of spoilered me. Now, I didn't know my prediction was correct until last night, when I finally read the end of the manga. But still... I think it's wholly possible to guess what's going on, with really only one additional fact that we'll find out later.

I don't know... Did other people find that the opening drew them in? I do think it's more dynamic to begin a series with an action or mystery type scene. So I understand the impulse to add it. Just wondering if it had the desired effect, or was just kind of neutral for those who haven't read through the end of the manga.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 22:26   Link #340
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You should...you really should...

Also is it wrong that I can't wait for the adaptation of chapters 23-26?
Spoiler for yes:
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere