AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 13:00   Link #201
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The CDs for the OP and ED should have been released now. Here are the covers:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
She kinda looks like a female Edward Elric.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-07-19 at 03:32.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:02   Link #202
tsunade666

Just finished episode 01 and 02 at the same time. It didn't let me down though at some point I stop watching because I can't take it but still its good.

Overall Nobuna is pretty likable and also Saru. It looks like he will be loyal to her and only her. So no harem? or will their be harem but Saru already love and promised his eternal loyalty to Nobuna.

I also like the other officers too
Old 2012-07-18, 13:08   Link #203
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was actually my first impression during the opening song when Nobuna is like in a desert or something and with her hair loose.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:12   Link #204
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Same goes for me
For me, while the show is still a harem, I hope Saru will keep his inseparable love for Nobuna for eternity, unless he'll be back to the modern world if needed.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:27   Link #205
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

A Harem is when multiple females fall in love with the Protagonist whether or not the Protagonist intended to. So far it is not a Harem, only the main female protagonist has shown attraction to the Protagonist. If this follow the Light Novel, then eventually it will become a Harem. Though many say it won't especially the ones from the Light Novel thread who have read it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:29   Link #206
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
There is something awesome about that suit of armor design...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That was actually my first impression during the opening song when Nobuna is like in a desert or something and with her hair loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Same goes for me
If you people want, I can post the cover of Volume 4 which shows the armor over at the LN thread.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:40   Link #207
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

People are interested in that, what I am interested is what he did when he wore a Santa Costume later on.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:57   Link #208
Anime Online

Quote:
That was the same thought I had. It's the unfortunate combination of centre parted blonde hair and red cape.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 19:05   Link #209
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Thanks for Oda Nobuna no Yabo, I learn the hidden urges I had... Loli..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:27   Link #210
supermegasonic

Quote:
so THATS what it was. something was bugging me about it, lol
Old 2012-07-19, 06:44   Link #211
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, I just saw the first episode of this, I have to say... its pretty damn amusing. So far he doesn't seem like a pervert you'd get in a typical herem, more like some genre savvy unlucky (?) everydude (since he seems to take some exception to the abundance of loli's). So that is a plus is my book for being a bit different at least. Well, based off the first ep at least.

Kinda gives me the urge to play Shogun again though. -_-
Old 2012-07-19, 06:57   Link #212
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Well, I just saw the first episode of this, I have to say... its pretty damn amusing. So far he doesn't seem like a pervert you'd get in a typical herem, more like some genre savvy unlucky (?) everydude (since he seems to take some exception to the abundance of loli's). So that is a plus is my book for being a bit different at least. Well, based off the first ep at least.

Kinda gives me the urge to play Shogun again though. -_-

I believe there are good reasons why Yoshiharu acted out at the lolis.

Yoshiharu got excited at ojisan Asano's offer most likely because he was aware that the historic Hideyoshi married Nene, the adopted daughter of Asano Nagamasa. When anime Nene turned out to be too young for him, Yoshiharu must have felt greatly disappointed.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:09   Link #213
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ah, yes, true. I'd have been disappointed to if I was expecting Nene to look something like that other pic of her in that comparison line up (even if it isn't apparently her).
Old 2012-07-19, 08:34   Link #214
Undertaker

The comparison picture that was posted was real portrays to begin with. They are characters arts from Koei's historical games like Samurai Warrior (Sengooku Musou) and Nobunaga's Ambition.

Hideyoshi married when he was 25, pretty late for that period, most likely due to his social standing at time. (Nene was 15) Maeda Toshiie (Inuchiyo) also married relatively late when he was 20. He married to his cousin Matsu while she was 12. By contrast Nobunaga was married when he was 15.

Nene, Matsu, and Chiyo (wife of Yamauchi Kazutoyo, an vassal of Nobunaga who was put under Hideyoshi's command.) were among the most famous wives during that period and known to help their husband and clan to rise in power.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:25   Link #215
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Yoshiharu got excited at ojisan Asano's offer most likely because he was aware that the historic Hideyoshi married Nene, the adopted daughter of Asano Nagamasa. When anime Nene turned out to be too young for him, Yoshiharu must have felt greatly disappointed.
Thats an interesting info, didn't know about Nene being the wife of Hideyoshi when I first watched it, would of made the scene even more hilarious.

This show needs more love, freebies I made after spending part of my afternoon but it was well worth it (all should be within 100kb or less):

Ending scene quality isn't at it best but it will do for now:

And lastly, a signature of a certain money event on episode 2:
Images

Edit: Turns out I did miss one out, didn't notice until now, put it at the end of first row

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-07-19 at 22:22. Reason: Left one out
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:44   Link #216
tsunade666

The avatars looks great but I just change into Sawa-chan. I will wait for next week if their would be another great sets of avatar.

I like the laugh of Akechi Mitsuhide
Old 2012-07-19, 11:34   Link #217
Raghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
This show needs more love, freebies I made after spending part of my afternoon but it was well worth it (all should be within 100kb or less):
DAT HANBEI! I pick this one, thanks =D
Old 2012-07-19, 11:38   Link #218
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hopefully no one mind if I took this one. Thank you for your hard work Kaihan.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-19 at 11:50.
Old 2012-07-19, 15:24   Link #219
Sakanaka Shouko

I'll pick Goemon, she's my favorite so far.
Old 2012-07-19, 17:54   Link #220
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Pretty informative comparison pic. Sorry if old.

Spoiler:

Just realized a minor mistake (sort of)

Goeman is not just Ishikawa Goeman, base on her full name, Hachisuka Goeman, in the series, and being Hideyoshi's ally and friend, She is more likely being Hachisuka Masakatsu(also known as Hachisuka Koroku). He later changed his name to Hachisuka Hikoemon after gaining prominence. He was the leader of a group of Kokujin (kind like rogue militia/peasants) in Owari boarder and the earliest retainer who works directly under Hedeyoshi. Popular culture has him either being a ninja or bandits.

Ishikawa Goeman on the other hand is a well-known thief whose origin are believed to be Iga region, therefore was also believe to be an Iga ninja.

Unlike Koga nijas, A good number of Iga ninja clans was obliterated due to their rebellion against Nobunaga with only few survived, most of whom already left the region before the attack such as Hattori Hanzo or sworn royalty prior the attack.

Ishikawa Goeman was believe to have at least attempted to assassinate both Nobunaga and Hedeyoshi at least once. He was ultimately captured by Hedeyoshi and executed publicly along with his family. The detail of his capture and execution was debated, but the one constant was that he was boiled to death in an cauldron.

That being said I doubt the Nobuna Goeman is based on Ishikawa Goeman unless it is a hint that she will ends up a traitor. Personally I think the writer is just playing on word of Hikoemon and change to Goeman to strengthen the ninja/thief personality of her character.

EDIT:

BTW, the two game series that was mentioned/parodied in episode 2 were Taiko Risshiden series and Uncharted Waters(Dai-Kokai Jidai) series both are sandbox style RPG with some turn-based battle elements that allow incredible freedom for players. Taiko Risshiden is game with Hideyoshi as main character though newer games in series allow you to play as other historical figure from Nobunaga lessor samurai (think of Romance of Three Kingdom VII,VII, and X, but with more RPG freedom with less emphasis on battle).

Uncharted Waters(Dai-Kokai Jidai) series is based on Age of Discovery, kind of like Sid Mier's Pirate. You need to grow your trading business, and you either be a good little business trader or turn into a pirate with huge fleet.

Both are great, great series, that too bad has had a new true sequel for over 6 years now.

Gameshots from Taiko Risshiden V:

Images

Gameshots from Uncharted Waters IV:

Images

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-19 at 19:04. Reason: Games mentioned in EP2
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen