AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-05, 05:30   Link #1
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Chapter 324 Discussion [Manga]

The raw is out . Looks like Zoro is about to kick some ass! The summary by Captain Panda should be out soon, i'm about to go outta town real quick but be later in the afternoon and hopefully it'll be up then. That swordsman actually looks powerful, I really hope that one of them joins the crew, I hope it the one that was right of the Smoker lookalike on Chapter 323's last page.
Old 2004-06-05, 09:23   Link #2
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

intuition tells me that the guy with goggles fighting with zoro on the last page will be the new member
Old 2004-06-05, 10:45   Link #3
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofet
intuition tells me that the guy with goggles fighting with zoro on the last page will be the new member
Intuition tells me, Zoro is gonna kick his ass.

Old 2004-06-05, 11:11   Link #4
soraryu

The attackers on the Going Merry are probably going to get a rude shock when Zorro strikes back.
Old 2004-06-05, 15:21   Link #5
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Intuition tells me, Zoro is gonna kick his ass.

Intuition tells me, Zoro will probably kick his ass AND he will be the new crew member

Chapter 324 was cool. Water Seven is so cool and beautiful I really don't think anyone from the Gorilla Company that have appeared so far will enter the group. Or it will be the guy with googles, or a character that haven't shown up yet.
Where's 325 already?
Old 2004-06-05, 17:07   Link #6
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
I hope Sanji gets to fight a powerful martial artist. And I actually thought that guy with the hat on was mihawk for a second. Will Oda ever run outta ideas.
Old 2004-06-05, 17:26   Link #7
Ral
Idea!

Here's Captain Panda's summary

Quote:
One Piece 324 - Adventures in the City of Water

Luffy, Nami, and Usopp head to a gold exchange to get some cash. Luffy wants to just head straight for the shipyard, but Usopp and Nami don't want to be carrying a giant bag of gold around. They come upon a "rental bull shop", and none of them has any idea what a "Bull" is, but Luffy immediately enters and asks to rent one anyway. The man working the shop begins preparing the "bull" and explains that there are three "ranks" of bulls: Yagara, Rabuka, and King. For three people, two Yagara-ranked bulls should work well. Luffy asks him to make sure it's an especially delicious one. The shopkeep, realizing that they've come this far following a log pose, realizes that they've probably never heard of a bull before, and explains that there a large type of fish that can breath with their head above water. He sets up the two Yagara Bulls, and names his price, and Luffy whips out the gold, which makes the shopkeep decide to raise the price more than a bit. Nami quickly fixes things, and also gets a map to the gold exchange, so the three of them ride off on their bulls. They pass through the streets of Water 7, taking in all the sites and the excitement of the city, and even come upon a much larger bull with a bunch of masked people riding it. As they continue to journey through the city, Nami notices another masked person. Back on the Going Merry, Sanji's rather distraught, because Robin's disappeared. Zoro says that she went shopping with Chopper, and Sanji is depressed to be left on the ship with him, so he decides to leave as well. Luffy's group arrives at the main part of the city, and everyone's celebrating over the work of three of the Garellas (from right to left, Rich, Rule, and Tailston, they also mention a "Pauley" who's missing). Luffy asks what's going on, and a man tells them about the Garella Company and how they're the "Pride" of Water 7. Back at the Merry again, Zoro is attacked by a shadowy group, who thought they could catch him off guard while he was sleeping. Zoro, who is not impressed, tells them to name themselves.
I think that those masked people will have to do something later on. I could see them as villains.
Old 2004-06-05, 20:36   Link #8
eLstar
(^_^)v

Or possible crewmembers, not many people are willing to be a pirate. And if you're daring enough to wear a a weird mask in public then you must have guts enough to be a pirate.
Old 2004-06-05, 22:02   Link #9
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

" they also mention a "Pauley" who's missing "

sounds like a hint to me ofwhat the new member's name is ^_^ . and missing maybe because he's at the going merry attacking zoro? or maybe he'll come and help zoro fend off against the pirates. actually i take the idea of the goggleman being the new member back, going merry already has a swordsman, they dont need another guy who wields swords heh.
Old 2004-06-06, 12:41   Link #10
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

I want the Mihawk look a like to be the new member!!!!! He rocks!
Old 2004-06-06, 23:05   Link #11
LeafNinja

Yeah I hope it's not a swordsman. If "Pauley" is a play on the popular parrot name, maybe that guy with the parrot on his shoulder WILL be the new crewmember. He looked pretty badass too with the big saw blade and the tie wearing parrot. If he has a good personality I can see him making a good crewmember.

If he went to help Zoro because he heard someone was going to going to their ship to cause trouble, that would make me think that he is a pretty caring person who likes to look out for people.
Old 2004-06-06, 23:10   Link #12
LeafNinja

Damn, n/m. I looked again and the parrot guy is actually there when they were wondering where Pauley was. There goes that theory. Looks like the parrot guy is affectionately called Lue-chan.
Old 2004-06-07, 00:18   Link #13
Jn183

I'm still hoping for someone that haven't been reveal yet or even mentioned.
Old 2004-06-07, 03:19   Link #14
LeafNinja

I just noticed something, Lue or Rule as some are translating his name, looks to be missing his parrot in the frame that features him in this chapter. So when someone says, "Where's Pauley?" Maybe that is in reference to the parrot who has flown off? Maybe this guy will go search for his parrot the next chapter and find the parrot helping Zoro? It sounds weird, but it might be interesting if the Parrot would like to join the crew but the master isn't sure he wants to.
Old 2004-06-07, 10:45   Link #15
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

yay scanlation by null is out!

ok i noticed that the translation of null is "wheres paulii" by a bystander as opposed to "paulii is missing"...a subtle difference but nevertheless it gives a different impression, the crowd is looking for the famous carpenter figures and they are wondering where pauli is, and notice that the smoker-lookalike guy is not shown on the page, even though he is clearly hinted as one of the more important carpenters from previous chapter(he was shown centerstage on that last page), so maybe the crowd is looking for him

also there a part that talks about how all the carpenters are good carpenters AND FIGHTERS, and luffy says very interesting. i think that alone is a strong indication that oda is planning to make the new character be from the carpenter crew, and again that ties into how pauli or smoker lookalike is "missing" in that he may end up showing up in zoro's fight against the invaders and help

all are my speulations though
Old 2004-06-07, 13:11   Link #16
LVO

The only answer can be...

The parrot is a super intellegent devils fruit eater that can turn into a crane (the machine, not the bird). And he can only communicate through chopper.

Go go new animal member!
Old 2004-06-07, 14:58   Link #17
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVO
The only answer can be...

The parrot is a super intellegent devils fruit eater that can turn into a crane (the machine, not the bird). And he can only communicate through chopper.

Go go new animal member!
LOL....It would be ok to have a new animal member but the machine thingie, I hope not. I really don't want OP to have too many of today technology. A stream train is somewhat ok.
Old 2004-06-07, 16:32   Link #18
Randy1031

Send a message via AIM to Randy1031
I really can't wait for the next chapter, it'll be great watching Zoro kick that guy's ass.
Closed Thread